PDA

View Full Version : Official "Kick Me While I'm Down" Thread

Braincase
03-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Go ahead. You wanna do it. You want to tell me how overrated KU was all season. You want to hammer another nail into my head. Go ahead, get it out of your system.

I'm a KU fan. I was a KU fan yesterday, and I'll be a KU fan tomorrow. I'm down, stunned, shocked and dismayed. Get your shots in while you can... because you know we'll be back on top and owning this conference before your team puts up back to back Big 12 titles.

Oh, I'll concede that KU may not win the Big 12 next year. I'll concede that we didn't perform up to expectations this year. So, get it out of your system, yuck it up while you can, because you know that deep down inside in that place you're ignoring right now that KU is going to get back on the horse and ride again.

So here's your chance. Forget about consecutive NIT first round losses, forget about non-invites. Mock my pain. Tear me down to build yourself up.

Yeah, I'm stoic. Don't like it? Tell me so. If it makes you feel better, rub my nose in it.

gblowfish
03-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Is this the abuse department? Oh, sorry, I was just looking for an argument...

Braincase
03-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Is this the abuse department? Oh, sorry, I was just looking for an argument...

No it's not.

Brock
03-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm guessing this will consist of MU fans bragging about their loss to Depaul (who?) in the first round of the NIT.

Baby Lee
03-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Given that my sports passions are;

Chiefs
Hawks BB
Cards
Royals
Blues

In that order.

I am presently questioning the very paradigm of sports fandom. It's getting like logging onto rotten.com to view the menagerie of shotgun suicides and homeless dudes run over by trains. Why spend so much time in an endeavor that consistently leads me to the drink? Even monkeys eventually stop pawing the electrified lead.

Dave Lane
I'm a KU fan and I feel the pain. After watching the team this year I never felt the invincibility I had seen in previous years. This team stumbled to the finish and went out with a whimper. I am anxious to see what next year brings but I think it will be 2 years before KU rises high again.

So enjoy it while you can everyone else KSU may even get a long lost victory next year, but after that look out!

Dave

KCWolfman
I'm guessing this will consist of MU fans bragging about their loss to Depaul (who?) in the first round of the NIT.
It sure beats MU fans ranting about how storied their school is and how they will once again be in it at the end only to get chumped in the first round.

Oh, wait, that wasn't MU at all.

Baby Lee
03-19-2005, 10:13 AM
It sure beats MU fans ranting about how storied their school is and how they will once again be in it at the end only to get chumped in the first round.

Oh, wait, that wasn't MU at all.
First tourney win ever for Bucknell.
First tourney win ever for the Patriot League.
If KU didn't have a 'storied history' before, it does now.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 10:16 AM
First tourney win ever for Bucknell.
First tourney win ever for the Patriot League.
If KU didn't have a 'storied history' before, it does now.
First nationally recognized conference team Bucknell has beat all year as well, not just a team, but ANY team from a nationally recognized conference.

Bowser
03-19-2005, 10:18 AM

Chiefs
Hawks BB
Cards
Royals
Blues

In that order.

I am presently questioning the very paradigm of sports fandom. It's getting like logging onto rotten.com to view the menagerie of shotgun suicides and homeless dudes run over by trains. Why spend so much time in an endeavor that consistently leads me to the drink? Even monkeys eventually stop pawing the electrified lead.

Rotten.com is one disturbed site.

:Lin:

Old Dog
03-19-2005, 10:21 AM
First nationally recognized conference team Bucknell has beat all year as well, not just a team, but ANY team from a nationally recognized conference.

Pittsburgh, of the Big East when they were ranked #10 in the nation and beaten on their own floor would probably disagree.

Phobia
03-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I'd talk shit on you, but my team took a first round dive, too. :IA:

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Pittsburgh, of the Big East when they were ranked #10 in the nation and beaten on their own floor would probably disagree.
My mistake, it was their second win all season against a nationally recognized conference and the FIRST time they ever won in the NCAA.

trndobrd
03-19-2005, 10:27 AM
I've decided I am simply going to be a bandwagon fan. I'm for the winner. Hey NFL franchises and NCAA schools, if you win, I'll buy your stuff. Simple as that.

Yea Winners!!!!

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 10:27 AM
I called it back in November after the Washburn game and noone believed me.

KU was overrated this year.

milkman
03-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Chiefs
Hawks BB
Cards
Royals
Blues

In that order.

Nothing wrong with drinking!

And just wonderin', wouldn't winning also lead you to drink?

Baby Lee
03-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I've decided I am simply going to be a bandwagon fan. I'm for the winner. Hey NFL franchises and NCAA schools, if you win, I'll buy your stuff. Simple as that.

Yea Winners!!!!
Save a sh!tload on Maalox and cheap whiskey.

StcChief
03-19-2005, 10:29 AM
KU messed up my bracket. But it's nice for a 'cinderella' to appear occasionally to bad KU had to be the victim.

Not shaking hands, how bad is that? Sore losers.

Baby Lee
03-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Nothing wrong with drinking!

And just wonderin', wouldn't winning also lead you to drink?
I meant 'driven to drink' metaphorically; ie driven to shame, driven to produce copious amounts of stomach acid, driven to curse people's STUPID ASS FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trndobrd
03-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Save a sh!tload on Maalox and cheap whiskey.

...and new chairs. Something about me, chairs and KU tournament losses.

Fortunately, my new holitistic "winner centric" lifestyle is funiture friendly.

Braincase
03-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Reading this thread, I'm rather disappointed. Is that the best you can do?

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 11:11 AM

hey I called it back in November I knew KU was not going to do anything

Bearcat
03-19-2005, 11:17 AM
My mistake, it was their second win all season against a nationally recognized conference and the FIRST time they ever won in the NCAA.

You know, because most teams win their first tournament game ever as the favorite after having come from obscurity to beat 17 ranked teams in the regular season :spock:

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 11:17 AM
KU messed up my bracket. But it's nice for a 'cinderella' to appear occasionally to bad KU had to be the victim.

Not shaking hands, how bad is that? Sore losers.
The only person ahead of me in my 350.00 pool is a woman who picked Syracuse to go to the final game.

Ahhh, I can feel the legal tender now.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
After last night, you should be used to the feeling.

How was that?

gblowfish
03-19-2005, 11:20 AM

Yea Winners!!!!Thanks for writing and joining in our forum. Bandwagon fans are lame.
Sincerely,
A Guy at the Royals Game
Wearing a Yankee Jersey,
Patriots Hat
and a
UConn Jacket

Braincase
03-19-2005, 11:30 AM

And just out of curiousity, who did you have doing something, or anything?

trndobrd
03-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for writing and joining in our forum. Bandwagon fans are lame.
Sincerely,
A Guy at the Royals Game
Wearing a Yankee Jersey,
Patriots Hat
and a
UConn Jacket

As General George S. Patton said "America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser."

Bearcat
03-19-2005, 11:45 AM

Oh, f*cking please..... an exhibition game determines the outcome of a team's season.... right. And UNC losing their first game of the season is going to somehow predict them losing to ISU :rolleyes:

Braincase
03-19-2005, 11:46 AM
As General George S. Patton said "America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser."

Does that mean K-State and Mizzou aren't part of America? Or that Snyder and Woolridge have yet to prove that they are winners?

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Does that mean K-State and Mizzou aren't part of America? Or that Snyder and Woolridge have yet to prove that they are winners?
Your inquiry proves the tolerance point

PHOG
03-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Go ahead. You wanna do it. You want to tell me how overrated KU was all season. You want to hammer another nail into my head. Go ahead, get it out of your system.

I'm a KU fan. I was a KU fan yesterday, and I'll be a KU fan tomorrow. I'm down, stunned, shocked and dismayed. Get your shots in while you can... because you know we'll be back on top and owning this conference before your team puts up back to back Big 12 titles.

Oh, I'll concede that KU may not win the Big 12 next year. I'll concede that we didn't perform up to expectations this year. So, get it out of your system, yuck it up while you can, because you know that deep down inside in that place you're ignoring right now that KU is going to get back on the horse and ride again.

So here's your chance. Forget about consecutive NIT first round losses, forget about non-invites. Mock my pain. Tear me down to build yourself up.

Yeah, I'm stoic. Don't like it? Tell me so. If it makes you feel better, rub my nose in it.

Don't worry, it may be a down year next year, and the pain of this loss is hard to take right now, it's still better than setting your goals at/for the NIT..

Can't be anything but positive ( :deevee: ) after this shocker.. we'll just reload instead of having to build the entire gun.. :)

PHOG
03-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for writing and joining in our forum. Bandwagon fans are lame.
Sincerely,
A Guy at the Royals Game
Wearing a Yankee Jersey,
Patriots Hat
and a
UConn Jacket

ROFL ROFL

Maybe I should have read all the replies..? :thumb:

Eleazar
03-19-2005, 12:32 PM
This is just a watered-down taste of the sadistic devotion required to be an MU fan.

Simplex3
03-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Odd Fact: I read somewhere last night that KU can't beat teams with orange jerseys who play a zone D. They named 4 recent tournament losses that held that up.

KU Needs: A Jeff Bosche type. Some under-talented guy that just works his butt off and shoots 3's. Giddens should have been that and more but I think he's too busy designing his NBA-style "crib" to practice his outside shooting.
:shrug:

chiefsfolife
03-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Don't worry, it may be a down year next year, and the pain of this loss is hard to take right now, it's still better than setting your goals at/for the NIT..

Can't be anything but positive ( :deevee: ) after this shocker.. we'll just reload instead of having to build the entire gun.. :)

but remember its just a water gun...not the m-16 everyone was saying

PHOG
03-19-2005, 12:40 PM
but remember its just a water gun...not the m-16 everyone was saying

:D

PHOG
03-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Anyways.. it's past BEER-THIRTY..time to go drink my pain away.. :) WooWoo :shrug:

Mastashake
03-19-2005, 12:50 PM

No it's not...

Mizzou has a very young team, and knew this wasn't their year. KY all year was saying how this was their year and they would be playing in a championship, and they chooooked...

I am happy and satisfied with the way Mizzou played. They beat KY, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, and lost to Illinois by less than 10...That shows me they have the capability to be great with maturity and consistency.

KY had both of those, and BLEW IT. So yeah, I'd rather have my goals set for the NIT, than to have the best team the school has had in probably 10 years, and choke.

Besides a first round loser in the NCAA is still as much of a loser as a first round loser in the NIT...I don't see either getting any trophys.

Mastashake

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh, f*cking please..... an exhibition game determines the outcome of a team's season.... right. And UNC losing their first game of the season is going to somehow predict them losing to ISU :rolleyes:

You hate that I was right. The attitude they showed in that game showed up all season and last night. There was something wrong with this KU team and the fans just would not admit to it.

Skip Towne
03-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I called it back in November after the Washburn game and noone believed me.

KU was overrated this year.
Noone believes you because you're a turd bitch.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 01:06 PM
LMAO - Even when beaten and in the dirt, Skip is still the king of the simple slam.

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
ROFL Yeah whatever. I treat everyone with respect and this is what I get. My notion of something being wrong with KU back in November brought this crapfest on me. I think I am owed a apology.

Skip Towne
03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
ROFL Yeah whatever. I treat everyone with respect and this is what I get.
Well, OK, I'll try to be nice.

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, OK, I'll try to be nice.

Cool.

KChiefs1
03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
When was the last time the Mildcats made any postseason(NCAA or NIT) in men's basketball? Has it really been since Mitch Richmond donned the purple? :hmmm:

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 01:13 PM
I will say I was wanting a Big 12 win that is how I look at KU in the big dance. So if all the Big 12 teams win their games until they meet another Big 12, it just make them look better. The loss just does not hurt KU It hurts ALL of the Big 12.

mikey23545
03-19-2005, 01:39 PM
K Who?

alanm
03-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Bill Self is the Frank Solich of KU Basketball. And they will never return to what they once were. So get over it.

I know, that was cold. I'm learning from Skip. :thumb: :)

jettio
03-19-2005, 02:14 PM

You don't seem to realize that it is the KU fans pompous assissitude that makes it fun.

If KU the team succeeds, as long as the players don't have the same bad attitudes as the fans, more power to them.

Braincase
03-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Looks like another 3 has gone down. Congrats to The Txas Tech fans in their victory over Gonzaga.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
KU will be back next year, no doubt about it. Although I don't want another meaningless big 12 title, I want a National Championship. Something the KState Tech Cowboys will never have a chance to sniff.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Looks like another 3 has gone down. Congrats to The Txas Tech fans in their victory over Gonzaga.
Whose their coach?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Whose their coach?

ROFL

There's Russ pimpin' his boy Bobby.

Congrats on that. :thumb:

chiefs4me
03-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I am also stunned and shocked.....and I can not kick a fellow chiefs fan when he's this down. As a chiefs fan, I know what the heartache feels like.

So what do you hope this Bucknell team does? Make a run for it or take a dive next round?

chiefs4me
03-19-2005, 02:49 PM

PBJ They almost didn't get it done, but they finally pulled it off.:thumb:

Braincase
03-19-2005, 03:04 PM
KU will be back next year, no doubt about it. Although I don't want another meaningless big 12 title, I want a National Championship. Something the KState Tech Cowboys will never have a chance to sniff.

Don't be so sure. K-State has a great basketball tradition, and in time will return to prominence.

Braincase
03-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Whose their coach?

The guy that was asked to resign at Indiana.

alanm
03-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Don't be so sure. K-State has a great basketball tradition, and in time will return to prominence.
On behalf of Creighton University basketball I'd like to congratulate Kansas St. for letting Dana Altman go. Hell, he's only led Creighton to the dance 8 out of the last 9 years and has had 7 straight years of 20+ wins a season. I don't know what the f*ck the brain fart trust at KState was thinking when they let him go. ROFL

Skip Towne
03-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I am also stunned and shocked.....and I can not kick a fellow chiefs fan when he's this down. As a chiefs fan, I know what the heartache feels like.

So what do you hope this Bucknell team does? Make a run for it or take a dive next round?
I hope they go all the way.

WilliamTheIrish
03-19-2005, 08:28 PM
" Official "Kick Me While I'm Down Go ahead. You wanna do it. You want to tell me how overrated KU was all season. You want to hammer another nail into my head. Go ahead, get it out of your system.

No way dude.

You are as dignified in victory as you are in defeat.

Braincase
03-19-2005, 09:01 PM
"

No way dude.

You are as dignified in victory as you are in defeat.

How DARE you accuse me of having dignity!

David.
03-20-2005, 03:47 AM
well I couldn't have been happier with the outcome of the game.

DJay23
03-20-2005, 07:41 AM
So how are things boys?

I took the loss hard for about an hour. After Simien's shot (which I was positive was going in) I slumped into my g/f's couch and just stared at the TV for about an hour. After that, I wasn't quite as disappointed as I'd imagined I'd be. The recent slide has prepared me I guess.

KU almost played like THEY were the 14 seed. They were scared, and yes, they choked.

The hard part for me is that for the first time since I lived in Leavenworth, I live very near the team who beat us. usually, if Mizzou beats us, I can turn off my computer and not hear about it. I live a half hour from Lewisburg, so I'll get to experience what Hawk's fans in the KC area get to experience, for a couple days anyway.

Anyway, I'm not too hopeful for next year. With Moody and Hawkins as our senior leaders, we'll probably look like the Hawks teams with Chenowith and Gregory. The post Pierce/LaFrentz, pre Collison/Hinrich. Just sucks that those seniors went out like that.

Braincase
03-20-2005, 07:47 AM
So how are things boys?

I took the loss hard for about an hour. After Simien's shot (which I was positive was going in) I slumped into my g/f's couch and just stared at the TV for about an hour. After that, I wasn't quite as disappointed as I'd imagined I'd be. The recent slide has prepared me I guess.

KU almost played like THEY were the 14 seed. They were scared, and yes, they choked.

The hard part for me is that for the first time since I lived in Leavenworth, I live very near the team who beat us. usually, if Mizzou beats us, I can turn off my computer and not hear about it. I live a half hour from Lewisburg, so I'll get to experience what Hawk's fans in the KC area get to experience, for a couple days anyway.

Anyway, I'm not too hopeful for next year. With Moody and Hawkins as our senior leaders, we'll probably look like the Hawks teams with Chenowith and Gregory. The post Pierce/LaFrentz, pre Collison/Hinrich. Just sucks that those seniors went out like that.

I think it'll reflect the transition from speed and finesse towards power. Giles, Kaun & Jackson will be beefier, and I'd expect to see a whole lot of Robinson & Chalmers at the guard positions, one of them obviously starting. Giddens is the X factor, and Galindo will be a substantial contributor. I'd like to see alot of Downs and Wright as well. The class will be there, but how long will it take then to listen to their coach?

All in all, I think we'll have a winning season, but I don't expect to contend for the Big 12 Title for a couple of years.