PDA

View Full Version : Nightfyre's Current Off-Season Fantasy

Nightfyre
03-19-2005, 06:59 PM
1. Hartwell is signed.
2. 2 Veteran CBs are signed.
3. Fujita is resigned.
4. Rd. 1 move down in draft, draft DE.
5. Rd. 2 with newly acquired pick pickup a CB.
6. Rd. 2 draft a WR.
7. Rd. 3 comp pick draft LT/RG/FB/QB
8. Rd. 4 draft LT/RG/FB/QB
9. Rd. 5 draft LT/RG/FB/QB
10. Rd. 6 BAA
11. Rd. 7 BAA

Nightfyre
03-19-2005, 07:00 PM
O right... and cut Warfield.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 07:04 PM
O right... and cut Warfield.

Uh, why? He's finally blossoming.

BoroChief
03-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Right on:clap:!!! Imagine what Gun could do with three Lawrence Taylors. I still don't know about Hartwell. I could strangle him for yanking our and every other team's chain he's visited. Being a homer I would mind us drafting Daryl Blackstock (LB UVA) in the 2nd if he's available. He reminds me of a young Lawrence Taylor, he's got that same mean streak and very similar instincts and abilites.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Uh, why? He's finally blossoming.
Oh really?

He had no more assists or INTs last year than any of his previous years. He had less tackles last year. He returned no more INTs for a TD last year than any other year. He did not have a higher forced fumble percentage last year.

He is blossoming ... how again exactly?

keg in kc
03-19-2005, 07:14 PM
keg's current off-season fantasy: Laetitia Casta

Yours is more realistic.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh really?

He had no more assists or INTs last year than any of his previous years. He had less tackles last year. He returned no more INTs for a TD last year than any other year. He did not have a higher forced fumble percentage last year.

Come on man. Anyone could see he was playing much better last year.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Come on man. Anyone could see he was playing much better last year.
Not statistically sir.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Not statistically sir.

If you want to go by statistics Eric Warfield is better than Champ Bailey.

Can you remember Warfield giving up any long gains like he had in the past last year? I can't. His problem was always consistency. He'd make a great play one down and get burnt the next. Last year he was pretty consistent.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 07:27 PM
If you want to go by statistics Eric Warfield is better than Champ Bailey.
I never thought Chump was all that, anyway.
Can you remember Warfield giving up any long gains like he had in the past last year? I can't. His problem was always consistency. He'd make a great play one down and get burnt the next. Last year he was pretty consistent.
You might have noticed this, but maybe you didn't so I'll point it out to you. They threw to the other side of our D much more last year, thus detracting from Warfield's ability to screw up.

I have never liked that guy and I never will. Oh sure, if he makes a pick, I'll scream and holler like the next guy but in all honesty, I don't like the man as a human being. Anyone who makes the kind of cash he does should hold himself to a higher personal standard, i.e. his DUI problem. And can someone explain to me how a guy that makes that kind of dough decides he doesn't need to purchase mandatory car insurance?

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I never thought Chump was all that, anyway.

Champ IS all that. He had a down year but Denver still finished with an awesome pass D. It sure wasn't because of Hernon or their pass rush.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Champ IS all that. He had a down year but Denver still finished with an awesome pass D. It sure wasn't because of Hernon or their pass rush.
And that has ... what to do exactly, with Warfield's alleged blossoming again?

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 07:48 PM
And that has ... what to do exactly, with Warfield's alleged blossoming again?

Nothing, I was just refuting your statement. Bailey's very good.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Nothing, I was just refuting your statement. Bailey's very good.
And Warfield isn't. :D

Warrior5
03-19-2005, 08:01 PM
I still don't know about Hartwell. I could strangle him for yankering our and every other team's chain he's visited.

yankering? :hmmm:

...the possible definitions are endless.

BoroChief
03-19-2005, 08:08 PM
whoops did I say yankering. My fingers must be working faster than my mind again. lol

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
And Warfield isn't. :D

He's a #2.

BoroChief
03-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I love the edit button makes me feel less like an idot

KCinNY
03-19-2005, 08:12 PM
3. Fujita is resigned.

Why is that a priority?

The guy has made zero big plays in his entire career.

Good athlete, smart guy--no football instincts, whatsoever.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 08:15 PM
The guy has made zero big plays in his entire career.

9.5 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble

milkman
03-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Mine is to trade the #2 pick for Surtain, trade down in the first, getting 2nd in addition to the lower first.
Take Marlin Jackson in the first, and Daryl Blackstock in the 2nd.

BAA after that.

BoroChief
03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Riding shotgun on the Daryl Blackstock Bandwagon.

KCinNY
03-19-2005, 08:24 PM
9.5 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble

Took him 3 seasons to get those numbers.

Not impressive.

Can anybody cite a game-changing play ever made by Fujita? I can't.

Phobia
03-19-2005, 09:01 PM

Not impressive.

I remember one time he ran down a fairly speedy WR to save a TD. I was very surprised by his quickness.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 09:05 PM

Not impressive.

Most of that is in the last two seasons. His rookie year he only had one sack.

A game-changing play? His interception against the Bears last year was a big momentum changer...but who besides Woods has made any game changing plays on this D the last two years?

Phobia
03-19-2005, 09:06 PM

A game-changing play? His interception against the Bears last year was a big momentum changer...but who besides Woods has made any game changing plays on this D the last two years?

The Bears? I don't remember a Bears game in 2004.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 09:07 PM
The Bears? I don't remember a Bears game in 2004.

I meant the year before. Take a chill pill or we may have to ban you.

KCinNY
03-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Big momentum changer?? In a game that the Chiefs won by 30 against a team that had already packed in the season and was being led by Kordell Stewart??

Sorry, but I just don't get why people think Fujita is anything other than a marginal NFL LB. He probably wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

Resigning him is not a priority, IMO.

whoman69
03-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh really?

Statistics don't always tell the whole story. He was thrown at less this year than in year's past partly because he picked up his game, and because the guys opposite him sucked. Whenever we were burnt it was Burntee and McCleon getting torched. Warfield was solid and kept on his man as well as most other of the better CBs in the league.

4th and Long
03-19-2005, 09:22 PM
He was thrown at less this year than in year's past partly because he picked up his game,
I'm not convinced of that. :shake: Let's see if it holds water 2 years in a row.
and because the guys opposite him sucked.
THAT's why he was thrown at less.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Sorry, but I just don't get why people think Fujita is anything other than a marginal NFL LB. He probably wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

Resigning him is not a priority, IMO.

Oh I agree. He's nothing special. But he's a solid starter IMO and with better talent around him would look even better.

Resigning him IS a priority because we aren't going to replace the entire linebacking corps in one offseason.

KCinNY
03-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh I agree. He's nothing special. But he's a solid starter IMO and with better talent around him would look even better.

Resigning him IS a priority because we aren't going to replace the entire linebacking corps in one offseason.

That's where you and I disagree.

I think he's a special teamer and backup--not starting material (at least not on a decent defense).

We'll see how he looks with a decent MLB(Bell) playing next to him.

Nightfyre
03-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Justification:
1. Hartwell will stuff the run, freeing up more people for the blitz.
2. 2 veterans to save cap space. Cut Warfield to create capspace. 4.4 mil for a #2 CB?
3. Fujita was a decent player in a shitty system. Next to Hartwell and Bell, he will look like a god.

Now: I am going to change my offseason:
4. Trade a 2nd for Howard. Cut Hicks or make him trade downs with Allen. Howard is an all around DE with more potential and a better pass rush than Hicks. I theorize we could support this financially by cutting Warfield.
5. Rd. 1 draft BACB. Nickelback, CBOTF
7. Rd. 3 comp pick draft LeftT /RG/FB/QB
8. Rd. 4 draft LeftT /RG/FB/QB
9. Rd. 5 draft LeftT /RG/FB/QB
10. Rd. 6 BAA
11. Rd. 7 BAA

htismaqe
03-20-2005, 06:47 AM

Actually it was in large part to Herndon.

After all the "Herndon sucks" talk of last week, I just had to call my buddy and see what he had to say...

He said "Once again Shanahan screwed the pooch. Traded an arm and a leg for Champ Bailey and Herndon was the best CB on the roster last year."

htismaqe
03-20-2005, 06:47 AM
My dream scenario:

1. GET PATRICK SURTAIN.

2. Don't care what happens after #1.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Actually it was in large part to Herndon.

After all the "Herndon sucks" talk of last week, I just had to call my buddy and see what he had to say...

He said "Once again Shanahan screwed the pooch. Traded an arm and a leg for Champ Bailey and Herndon was the best CB on the roster last year."

Herndon had a good year but do you REALLY think he's better than Champ Bailey? I don't. Bailey's a stud.

milkman
03-20-2005, 08:21 AM
No, Herndon isn't better than Bailey.
But he is a good corner, underrated by most.

htismaqe
03-20-2005, 09:54 AM
No, I don't believe that Herndon is better than Bailey.

But a team has to understand the "here and now". The present situation in Denver is that Bailey got burned, burned, and then burned again. Teams picked on Herndon to stay away from Bailey and he, for the most part, shut down his side of the field.