PDA

View Full Version : I Just Took My Contacts Out, And...

FloridaChief
03-19-2005, 11:46 PM
...whatta relief!

Had been feeling headachey for awhile and finally figured out that I had my lenses in for WAY too long. Six days now, as a matter of fact.

I may be kidding myself, but I could almost swear I heard my right eyeball actually sigh with relief when I liberated it from it's water-plastic prison...

Slayer Diablo
03-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't doubt it...even if you're using "increased air flow" contacts, you should be taking them out at least once every three days.

Redcoats58
03-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Had a buddy who left his contacts in to long and had to have them surgically removed. I'd be careful if I were you.

Rausch
03-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Wouldn't doubt it...even if you're using "increased air flow" contacts, you should be taking them out at least once every three days.

Um, yeah, whatever...who's the chick in your sig?

STFU

|Zach|
03-20-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey bud forget contacts...get some surgery.

I will do it for you if you like. I give you a sweetheart deal. I took a semester of biomedical science and got a B-

Trust me? :)

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Hey bud forget contacts...get some surgery.

I will do it for you if you like. I give you a sweetheart deal. I took a semester of biomedical science and got a B-

Trust me? :)

Zach, if you promise to watch the lasik video and study it hard, I'll let you do the procedure. If I can still see when you're finished, I may actually pay you...

B-? Probably a higher grade than my current optomotrist got...

Seriously, as soon as I can afford the mother, I'm gonna do lasik...

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Had a buddy who left his contacts in to long and had to have them surgically removed. I'd be careful if I were you.

Ouch. That can't have been fun.

Over-Head
03-20-2005, 07:09 AM
The uncle in law is an eye surgen. He gave me a 30min speach about wearing mine for more than 12 hrs. :shake:

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
The uncle in law is an eye surgen. He gave me a 30min speach about wearing mine for more than 12 hrs. :shake:

For the last 2 years, I've been wearing Night And Day lenses by Focus. My doc told me they allow the maximum oxygen transfer of any commercial soft contact and are rated for 1 weeks continous wear by most eye doctors. I try not to wear mine for more than three or four days, though...

4th and Long
03-20-2005, 07:32 AM

STFU
Her name is Tara. http://www.johnnycrosslin.com/models/recent/tara/tara.htm

Phobia
03-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Seriously, as soon as I can afford the mother, I'm gonna do lasik...

You can definitely afford lasik. You can't afford Crown and absinthe. :D

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 09:33 AM
You can definitely afford lasik. You can't afford Crown and absinthe. :D

I deal with the truth by avoiding it, mostly. I certainly don't face up to it in an adult way. What I mean is, you really, really suck...

I've only ever spent $170 on the 'sinthe. Two bottles of Crown a month runs about $80 at the Class VI store. Nope, even if I gave the *medicine* up, I still can't afford lasik.

God, I gotta get a better job, man...

Phobia
03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
I deal with the truth by avoiding it, mostly. I certainly don't face up to it in an adult way. What I mean is, you really, really suck...

Me too, unfortunately. If a problem is ignored or glossed over, sometimes it goes away - at least that's what I must have been taught growing up.

My eyes are perfect, but I've seen advertisements for lasik where monthly payments were roughly the equivelent of a car payment in the 80's.

suds79
03-20-2005, 10:12 AM
...whatta relief!

Had been feeling headachey for awhile and finally figured out that I had my lenses in for WAY too long. Six days now, as a matter of fact.

I may be kidding myself, but I could almost swear I heard my right eyeball actually sigh with relief when I liberated it from it's water-plastic prison...

Ah yes. I used to have to go thru that. Needless to say, it sucked.

Get LASIC man. Best investment I've ever made. :thumb:

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 10:32 AM
My eyes are perfect

Great.

F*ck my eyes, this is a dead subject. Don't forget you've promised to drink absinthe w/ me when and if I get to KC. I'm holding everyone who said so to their word. Let's see how goddamned good your vision is when I'm shoving a bottle of Absintheium 1792 down your throat. Anybody who backs out will be subject to a Christian Okoye-like humilation on this board the likes of which has never been seen...

Phobia
03-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Heh heh, I'll drink anything once.

Pants
03-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Thanks, expert. I have 30-day lenses that I'm supposed to sleep in an only take them out every week to clean them with a solution over night. Should I be taking them out every 3 days?

teedubya
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Heh heh, I'll drink anything once.

anything?

:fire:

Phobia
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks, expert. I have 30-day lenses that I'm supposed to sleep in an only take them out every week to clean them with a solution over night. Should I be taking them out every 3 days?

You should always take the advice of 15 year old jackasses on the internet. He's like our very own Dr. Ruth.

Phobia
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
anything?

:fire:

Yes, anything. There are no guarantees on my reaction afterwards, though. And I'm not working for it. So, if you value your life you should exercise caution on what you feed me.

|Zach|
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
You should always take the advice of 15 year old jackasses on the internet. He's like our very own Dr. Ruth.
ROFL

dtebbe
03-20-2005, 07:59 PM

Regardless of what your doctor or the contact box says, I would never leave contacts in over night. I mean, what's the point? They take about 30 seconds to put in and less to take out. Any eye doctor that tells you it's not better to take ANY contact lens out at night is a fool. I have worn daily wear contacts for about 10 years, and my eyes (as do most) are getting pickier and pickier about which lenses I use. I have to use the pricey "Day & Night" brand which are supposed to allow much more air thru to the eye. So far, so good with those. I have a feeling that if I had been leaving the contacts in my eyes that I would have needed these 5 years ago.

DT

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM

i've never believed in this. seems to me that the eyes create enough natural saline that this would be impossible

milkman
03-20-2005, 08:13 PM
i've never believed in this. seems to me that the eyes create enough natural saline that this would be impossible

That may not be the case.

I don't wear contacts, but my eye doctor told me I'm not producing enough saline.

Pants
03-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Regardless of what your doctor or the contact box says, I would never leave contacts in over night. I mean, what's the point? They take about 30 seconds to put in and less to take out. Any eye doctor that tells you it's not better to take ANY contact lens out at night is a fool. I have worn daily wear contacts for about 10 years, and my eyes (as do most) are getting pickier and pickier about which lenses I use. I have to use the pricey "Day & Night" brand which are supposed to allow much more air thru to the eye. So far, so good with those. I have a feeling that if I had been leaving the contacts in my eyes that I would have needed these 5 years ago.

DT

Actually, I've been wearing these for about 2 years now and my vision has gone up since. I don't know how or why but my doctor (turns out) was expecting that. I feel fine sleeping in them as long as I re-wet my eyes before I go to bed and do the same in the morning. Maybe you are right, but I'll listen to my doc over Slayer.

The only negative effect that I can see after ywo years is that my eyes feel uncomfortable after I take the lenses out for about 30 mins, then they adjust.

FloridaChief
03-20-2005, 09:55 PM
The only negative effect that I can see after ywo years is that my eyes feel uncomfortable after I take the lenses out for about 30 mins, then they adjust.

Yes. I have the same temporary experience upon taking my lenses out. Weird feeling, that...

Slayer Diablo
03-20-2005, 10:41 PM

Good to hear that I've been boosted to the rank of jackass...being the "nice guy" was so tiring the last 17 years.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2005, 11:51 PM
My eyes are perfect

:D

Redcoats58
03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
I've seen it happen. Believe what you want. The kid had lasik surgery now and his eyes are fine but said that the removal of those contacts was very painful.

Jenny Gump
03-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Actually, I've been wearing these for about 2 years now and my vision has gone up since.

I'm no expert like Slayah, but I would say after 2 years, it's definitely time to soak them.

Skip Towne
03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm no expert like Slayah, but I would say after 2 years, it's definitely time to soak them.
You're right, you're no Slayer. PBJ PBJ PBJ

ck_IN
03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Hah! I had clear lens replacement on both eyes. Haven't worn glasses or contacts for about 6 months now.

Luvin it!

Pants
03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Hah! I had clear lens replacement on both eyes. Haven't worn glasses or contacts for about 6 months now.

Luvin it!

Is that when they surgically put them in? What if your vision changes?

RedNFeisty
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, you dummy. Just because they say you can wear them for x amount of time doesn't mean that you should. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I've seen it happen. Believe what you want. The kid had lasik surgery now and his eyes are fine but said that the removal of those contacts was very painful.

If you've seen it, then I will believe it. I just always chalked it up to urban legend. Guess I'll stop wearing my contacts for 2 months at a time

Calcountry
03-21-2005, 07:01 PM

STFUYeah, a most excellent set of legs.

Over-Head
03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
God i'd love to get rid of the glasses. My mid range and close vision is great for daily work. But my long range vision sucks, so I have to wear glasses to drive (and when I read sometimes to prevent headachs)

tommykat
03-21-2005, 09:53 PM
God i'd love to get rid of the glasses. My mid range and close vision is great for daily work. But my long range vision sucks, so I have to wear glasses to drive (and when I read sometimes to prevent headachs)

:rolleyes: Huh, I were one bi-focal in one eye and distance in the other.......works! Ask about that one..........:thumb:

Pants
03-21-2005, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes: Huh, I were one bi-focal in one eye and distance in the other.......works! Ask about that one..........:thumb:

What are you saying? Jesus.

Slayer Diablo
03-21-2005, 11:38 PM

Is there another Slayah? I'd sure as hell like to meet this expert you speak of...

big nasty kcnut
03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I hate contact i wish to do the lasik surgery myself.

ck_IN
03-22-2005, 09:55 AM
<i>Is that when they surgically put them in? What if your vision changes?</i>

Yeah I have plastic lens in both eyes. In my case the catalyst was the fact that I had cataracts in both eyes. Cataracts at late 30 something believe it or not.

I suppose the basic vision could change in which case I'd need glasses again. But that would be true for Lasik or anything else.