PDA

View Full Version : To "Star Wars" or not to "Star Wars", that is the question

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Would anyone else like to see the Star Wars talk relegated to threads pertaining to, I don't know, STAR WARS? The sub-topic running in the shaver thread just about takes the blue ribbon of off-topic-thread-hijacks of all times.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Simplex? Where the hell have you been?

Wrasse
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
The Yoda fight in Attack of the Clones was so awesome, dude!

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Simplex? Where the hell have you been?
Working my butt off for almost a year. Finally slowed back down.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Working my butt off for almost a year. Finally slowed back down.

I guess so. We figured you were dead. :D

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I guess so. We figured you were dead. :D

So did my wife and kids. I hear she even tried to collect on my life insurance policy...
:hmmm:

j/k

Rain Man
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Weary you grow of the rebellion, mmmm?

Frazod
03-20-2005, 05:27 PM
So did my wife and kids. I hear she even tried to collect on my life insurance policy...
:hmmm:

j/k

Well, in any event, it's good to have you back.

It also seemed appropriate to hijack this thread. :p

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Weary you grow of the rebellion, mmmm?
Hey, I grew up watching Star Wars. I watched the orignial one in the Dickinson Theaters off of Metcalf when I was about 7.

The issue is that "I grew up" part I think. :p

For me it's a little like the "Dork of the Rings" trilogy. I just can't get into it, partially because everyone else is so all over it I get sick of it before the movie even comes out.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, in any event, it's good to have you back.

It also seemed appropriate to hijack this thread. :p

Quit hijacking Star Wars threads!!

Frazod
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Quit hijacking Star Wars threads!!

How 'bout them Gayhawks? :evil:

Rain Man
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey, I grew up watching Star Wars. I watched the orignial one in the Dickinson Theaters off of Metcalf when I was about 7.

The issue is that "I grew up" part I think. :p

For me it's a little like the "Dork of the Rings" trilogy. I just can't get into it, partially because everyone else is so all over it I get sick of it before the movie even comes out.

The repulsive force is strong in this one...

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:32 PM
4 votes to me. Damnit, I knew I should have run this poll when people with lives would be on the board...

:evil:

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 05:33 PM

Are you implying Geeks and Dorks are the only ones who watch fantasy and Sci-Fi films?? Common Misconception.

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Are you implying Geeks and Dorks are the only ones who watch fantasy and Sci-Fi films?? Common Misconception.
No, I like to use names that make people stop and think "wait, what did he say?"

Dork of the Rings
Star Bores
Fozzy Fuzzborne
Motel Crue
Destruction Manual (Instruction manual)

Stuff like that.

Although you have to admit the Dork/Nerd to Other ratio in those movies is higher than average. And, to the point of this thread, those who would hijack a shaving thread with Star Wars talk are 99.973% likely to be Dorks and/or Nerds. I did a study. The govt. funded it.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 05:56 PM
No, I like to use names that make people stop and think "wait, what did he say?"

Dork of the Rings
Star Bores
Fozzy Fuzzborne
Motel Crue
Destruction Manual (Instruction manual)

Stuff like that.

Although you have to admit the Dork/Nerd to Other ratio in those movies is higher than average. And, to the point of this thread, those who would hijack a shaving thread with Star Wars talk are 99.973% likely to be Dorks and/or Nerds. I did a study. The govt. funded it.

I have to admit, Dork of the Rings is pretty good. I liked those films, but didnt love them like so many others did.

4th and Long
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm glad I didn't start this thread. That Star Wars kid is one bad ass dude. I don't want to be the one to piss him off with threads like this. He wields one mean light sabre!
http://www.jedimaster.net/vader_star_wars_kid.gif

http://www.jedimaster.net/obiwan_star_wars_kid_anim.gif

Simplex3
03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm glad I didn't start this thread. That Star Wars kid is one bad ass dude. I don't want to be the one to piss him off with threads like this. He wields one mean light sabre!
http://www.jedimaster.net/vader_star_wars_kid.gif

http://www.jedimaster.net/obiwan_star_wars_kid_anim.gif

Yeah, but much like the other guys hooked on a movie that hasn't come out yet, his light sabre only comes out when he's alone in the bathroom.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Staaaaaaaaaar Wars
Nooothing but Staaaaaaaaaaaaaar Wars

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
03-21-2005, 03:29 AM
This last episode looks like a bad ass flick.

RNR
03-21-2005, 07:23 AM
The couple of movies I saw were good, but the treki types make me shake my head. Do starwars geeks have a nick name?

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 07:34 AM
The couple of movies I saw were good, but the treki types make me shake my head. Do starwars geeks have a nick name?

No, not really. Just call us "Star Wars Geeks."

RNR
03-21-2005, 07:58 AM
No, not really. Just call us "Star Wars Geeks."
:shake: Kid I hate to admit it but sometimes you do make me smile.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 08:05 AM
:shake: Kid I hate to admit it but sometimes you do make me smile.

Well you asked. :D

Saulbadguy
03-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Just for that, i'm going to spam the board with STAR WARS topics. Or has that been done before..?

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Just for that, i'm going to spam the board with STAR WARS topics. Or has that been done before..?

Actually, no. I blew my load on bullshit the one time I spammed the board with topics.

Kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy. :D

I'll be your wingman.