PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Shark Attack!

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
So......, anyone else "Jacked up" for this sure to be Masterpiece tonight on CBS???

tk13
03-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Without having aired yet, I can tell you it's already jumped the shark.

Delano
03-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Young women running around in bikinis is my only criteria for a masterpiece of television.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
This movie is going to be a wannable remake of the old 60's horror movies. You know, where some young teenage girl lies to her parents about where she's going and what she's doing. Then proceeds to drive to "the point" with some dude for a heavy petting session. When low and behold as the action starts to get steamy out of nowhere the warewolves come and eat them all. If it was HBO and not just "Regular ass TV" (for you chappelle junkies) then I would be inclined to watch it. However since it's just network televisions attack on morality in todays youth, I think I'll pass.

KcMizzou
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Young women running around in bikinis is my only criteria for a masterpiece of television. I'd have more hope for it if it were on Skinemax, though...

Mastashake
03-20-2005, 08:36 PM
You'd be MUCH better off popping in your DVD of Evil Dead and forget this movie ever existed...

Mastashake

ChiefsCountry
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
The chick is on the OC.

Sure-Oz
03-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I saw the commercial i about fell over.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
so far, surprisingly the acting, directing and writing are all top notch!

Frazod
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Jesus, you're watching that crap when Deadwood is on? :shake:

Deberg_1990
03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Jesus, you're watching that crap when Deadwood is on? :shake:

If I had HBO, i might watch it...

Phobia
03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I recorded it for grins on the extra TiVo.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
If I had HBO, i might watch it...

Oops. Sorry.

jcroft
03-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I watched it because I'm a shark nut and I'm always interested in how the media portrays them. The most interesting part of this show is that they are using the Tiger shark as the villain rather than the White shark, which is the typical movie fare. It sort-of makes sense, as Tigers are definitely a shark humans should worry about (one of the three most dangerous to humans), and they are arguably the most likely to be found on spring break locale swimming beaches. My big annoyance is that while they SAID "tiger shark" over and over again, the very-poorly made fake sharks they used were clearly modeled on White sharks. Annoying. They did, however, use some stock footage of real Tigers in the water. Like all movies about sharks, there were a ton of inaccuraices -- chum alone would not cause huge herd of Tiger sharks to show up on a beach, Tigers don't generally hunt in groups, Tigers aren't too common in Florida, etc.

All in all it was what I expected -- a pretty bad movie exploiting people's fear of sharks with a bunch of hot girls in it. It was fun, and I enjoyed it (even tough it sucked). :)