PDA

View Full Version : Synopsis of tonight's Deadwood

keg in kc
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
"Aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Mother of God. Aiiieeee. Help me mother of God. Aiiieeee. Oh, God, mother take me. Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

That is all.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
"Aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Mother of God. Aiiieeee. Help me mother of God. Aiiieeee. Oh, God, mother take me. Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

That is all.

Al's had a pretty rough season thus far.... :spock:

keg in kc
03-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Man, has he ever.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Tonight's episode wasn't one of the better ones - primarily because Al didn't do much other than writhe in agony. He needs to pass that f#cker and get back to being his old cruel self.

tomahawk kid
03-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Nice to see Alma's character progress into an outright rich b!tch.

I think Jane finally met her match in terms of being drunk and bitter in Trixie.

That exchange was hilarious.

Thought we were gonna see Jonie finally drop her dress. Sadly, I was disappointed.

keg in kc
03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Tonight's episode wasn't one of the better ones - primarily because Al didn't do much other than writhe in agony. He needs to pass that f#cker and get back to being his old cruel self.I liked it. You need a change of pace from time to time.

And I'm thinking he's going through a "come to jesus" moment with this illness, and the series from now on will deal with him becoming softer and softer as he faces his mortality. They've gone through so much trouble to show he's human at certain points already...

Frazod
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice to see Alma's character progress into an outright rich b!tch.

I think Jane finally met her match in terms of being drunk and bitter in Trixie.

That exchange was hilarious.

Thought we were gonna see Jonie finally drop her dress. Sadly, I was disappointed.

I deeply want to see Joanie naked. Especially after they teased us with the idea of some hot lesbo action with the vicious little conartist.

stevieray
03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I liked the exchange between CJ and Trixie..lots of irony in tonight's episode...

no diddling was a bummer.

als the biggest 'CS' on the show, but you had to feel for him.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I liked it. You need a change of pace from time to time.

And I'm thinking he's going through a "come to jesus" moment with this illness, and the series from now on will deal with him becoming softer and softer as he faces his mortality. They've gone through so much trouble to show he's human at certain points already...

I liked it as well - just not as well as most.

And I hope you're wrong - I don't want Al to degenerate into a softie. What fun would that be?

keg in kc
03-20-2005, 10:12 PM
And I hope you're wrong - I don't want Al to degenerate into a softie. What fun would that be?I think it could be fun. But by 'soft' I mean just as irascible and foul mouthed as always, but with more frequent bouts of morality before, during or after cutting your throat. I don't think they're going to turn him into Father Flanagan.

Frazod
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I think it could be fun. But by 'soft' I mean just as irascible and foul mouthed as always, but with more frequent bouts of morality before, during or after cutting your throat.

Yeah, that would work. :D

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I deeply want to see Joanie naked. Especially after they teased us with the idea of some hot lesbo action with the vicious little conartist.
Switch over to Showtime and watch "Out of Order."

---

A couple of observations.

Some day, Trixie's titties are just gonna go ahead and go full-on f#cking Janet Jackson for us.

Glad to see our new man from Hearst has gotten over his lazy eye, and that whole 'being dead' thing.

tomahawk kid
03-21-2005, 06:57 AM

---

Some day, Trixie's titties are just gonna go ahead and go full-on f#cking Janet Jackson for us.

Glad to see our new man from Hughes has gotten over his lazy eye, and that whole 'being dead' thing.

I noticed that too.

I wonder why they chose to bring him back as another character.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 06:57 AM
What is this show about?

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Interesting that Sol was trying to get Trixie to stop offering to pay everything off in c*nt, and she read it as Sol wanting her to be friends with Seth.

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 07:01 AM
What is this show about?
There aren't any robots. Don't worry about it.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 07:03 AM
There aren't any robots. Don't worry about it.

I have other tastes in drama.

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 07:53 AM
How f#cking funny was the exchange where Jane finally got out-batsh!t-insaned by Trixie?

Her looks of bemusement as Trixie ranted on and on were hilarious.

And no better way to introduce the new 'big bad' than to show Cy scared sh!tless of him.

Frazod
03-21-2005, 08:33 AM

---

Glad to see our new man from Hughes has gotten over his lazy eye, and that whole 'being dead' thing.

I don't subscribe to Showtime. Hell, the only thing I watch HBO for is Deadwood. But if she gets naked on Showtime, hopefully she'll eventually get naked here. :drool:

Good catch on Mr. W. I knew that guy looked familiar, but just couldn't place him.

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I don't subscribe to Showtime. Hell, the only thing I watch HBO for is Deadwood. But if she gets naked on Showtime, hopefully she'll eventually get naked here. :drool:

Good catch on Mr. W. I knew that guy looked familiar, but just couldn't place him.
I've only seen the pilot [on DVD], but be warmed, it's a yuppie angst-fest. Eric Stoltz and Felicity Huffman are a married couple who are both Hollywood screenwriters. FH is depressed over childhood dysfunction and hangs out with other bitter screenwriters toking up and swilling booze. ES is a horndog who has been faithful, but is finding the options tempting. "Joanie" is Danni, a soccer mom whose kid is ES and FH's kid's team. They get it on.
Oh, Justine Bateman has a randy character on the show, too. And word is she displays a little full frontal too.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Q: WHen Seth went to see Alma and she was at her claim, what was the gist of his message that he left with the teacher? Was it, lets run away together, or did he want to let the kids play together? I missed it.

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Q: WHen Seth went to see Alma and she was at her claim, what was the gist of his message that he left with the teacher? Was it, lets run away together, or did he want to let the kids play together? I missed it.
My reading was that the kids should have a play date.
But it's also possible that Seth would like the governess to start tutoring William, too.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 09:10 AM
My reading was that the kids should have a play date.
But it's also possible that Seth would like the governess to start tutoring William, too.

Thanks, that's how I took it, but the HBO encapsulation of the episode described it as the other - ditch the squarehead and lets live a life of sin.

I'm hoping Ms. Isringhausen goes to work for Joanie and they hit it off.

Swanman
03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
How f#cking funny was the exchange where Jane finally got out-batsh!t-insaned by Trixie?

Her looks of bemusement as Trixie ranted on and on were hilarious.

And no better way to introduce the new 'big bad' than to show Cy scared sh!tless of him.

Every show seems to have at least one great exchange like that. I was laughing my ass off when Jane looked at Trixie and gave her a look that said, "wow, this bitch is a drunk idiot".

Mr. W is just freaking creepy. I'm a little fuzzy as to the arrangement between Mr. W and the old whore about the girl. Is he purchasing her from them?

I am far from a Trekkie, but the old whore played the Borg queen in a Star Trek movie.

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Mr. W is just freaking creepy. I'm a little fuzzy as to the arrangement between Mr. W and the old whore about the girl. Is he purchasing her from them?
My darkest suspicions is that the 'girl on ice' is, like, 8 years old.

Smoke
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Wilcox toying with E.B. was funny too. When E.B. thinks he has a sucker to unload the Wild Bill letter on and ends up working for Wilcox to pay off the debt. Going to be fun when Al gets healthy enough to learn about this.
And I took it as Wilcox likes to rough up his girls. The old whore said something about the "girl on ice" might need a pine box.
Anyone know what Salis and his partner have going on? They must be working for someone other than Al. This season is going to be better than last.

Later, Smoke

tomahawk kid
03-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I've only seen the pilot [on DVD], but be warmed, it's a yuppie angst-fest. Eric Stoltz and Felicity Huffman are a married couple who are both Hollywood screenwriters. FH is depressed over childhood dysfunction and hangs out with other bitter screenwriters toking up and swilling booze. ES is a horndog who has been faithful, but is finding the options tempting. "Joanie" is Danni, a soccer mom whose kid is ES and FH's kid's team. They get it on.
Oh, Justine Bateman has a randy character on the show, too. And word is she displays a little full frontal too.

This post is worthless without pics.

Morty80
03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm one of Deadwood's biggest fans, but it sucks that they brought back the actor who played Jack McCall to play Mr. W. What's with that? The end of last night's episode with Al and the Doc was classic... man that would suck!

Iowanian
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Thats who that was?
I didn't catch that...........

Baby Lee
03-21-2005, 12:28 PM
This post is worthless without pics.
Closest I could do. NSFW
http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/name.php/432

Swanman
03-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm one of Deadwood's biggest fans, but it sucks that they brought back the actor who played Jack McCall to play Mr. W. What's with that? The end of last night's episode with Al and the Doc was classic... man that would suck!

I've had kidney stones, and regardless how much medical technology has advanced since the Wild West (demarol vs. a rod shoved into my wang), they still suck big time. I felt for the poor bastard.

Swanman
03-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I've been thinking about it, and this season of Deadwood has an insane number of interesting stories to explore this season, and it's only three episodes in. Off the top of my head, here are some of them:

1. Sai and Wolcott's scheme to buy up the claims
2. Sol and Trixie's "love affair"
3. Alma Garrett going batshit with the teacher
4. Alma trying to buy the hotel from E.B.
5. Al's medical issues
6. The new whorehouse and the "girl on ice" / Wolcott
7. Calamity Jane's return to camp
8. All of the political crap with Yankton
9. Seth and his "wife / son"
10. Alma and Wolcott potentially clashing about her claim
11. Al and Seth's relationship

I'm sure there are many, many more. I couldn't be happier with the writing of this season so far.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I've been thinking about it, and this season of Deadwood has an insane number of interesting stories to explore this season, and it's only three episodes in. Off the top of my head, here are some of them:

1. Sai and Wolcott's scheme to buy up the claims
2. Sol and Trixie's "love affair"
3. Alma Garrett going batshit with the teacher
4. Alma trying to buy the hotel from E.B.
5. Al's medical issues
6. The new whorehouse and the "girl on ice" / Wolcott
7. Calamity Jane's return to camp
8. All of the political crap with Yankton
9. Seth and his "wife / son"
10. Alma and Wolcott potentially clashing about her claim
11. Al and Seth's relationship

I'm sure there are many, many more. I couldn't be happier with the writing of this season so far.

Dority's desire to be loved by Al.
Who is Silas Adams really loyal to?
You have a big Chinese conflict arising with Wu and the "Tongs."
The lovely Ms. Isringhausen will likely try to get back at Alma.
Sol and Swearengin are going to have to come to blows over Trixie some time in the near future. Sol's best bet is to get one of them bladder piercers from the Doc and wave it in Al's face to gain the mental edge.

Jenny Gump
03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Will someone explain the Farnum/Hickock Letter thing? I missed the first few episodes last season, and came in after Hickock got offed.

Swanman
03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Will someone explain the Farnum/Hickock Letter thing? I missed the first few episodes last season, and came in after Hickock got offed.

Late last season, one of E.B.'s lackeys (who I believe does the hotel's laundry) found the letter in a pair of Hickock's pants that he was supposed to launder right before Hickock was killed. I think there was a pretty decent time span elapsed between Hickock's death and him discovering the letter because the lackey was a drunk and I think misplaced the pants (that part's pretty hazy).

Basically, E.B., being the weasel that he is, is looking to profit from the letter, as it was Wild Bill's last communication before death. Thus the sale to Wolcott which later backfired on him.

Swanman
03-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Dority's desire to be loved by Al.
Who is Silas Adams really loyal to?
You have a big Chinese conflict arising with Wu and the "Tongs."
The lovely Ms. Isringhausen will likely try to get back at Alma.
Sol and Swearengin are going to have to come to blows over Trixie some time in the near future. Sol's best bet is to get one of them bladder piercers from the Doc and wave it in Al's face to gain the mental edge.

I forgot completely about Dan, there's a million ways they can go with that character. He's definitely one of the wildcards this season. I could see him and Al come to blows, especially if Al does turn into more of a "good guy" character. I think Al kind of has to make that transformation, at least in part, mainly because his main competitor, Sai Tolliver, is such an unredeemable scumbag. Al can still have many of the old traits, but he will have bouts of morality (like last season, putting the preacher out of his misery in the most humane way he knew).

And I agree, Ms. Isringhausen is definitely lovely.

keg in kc
03-21-2005, 03:13 PM
I could see him and Al come to blowsJudging by his behavior last week, I think he definitely want's to come to "blows" with Al, just not in the way you meant...

NTTAWWT

Otter
03-23-2005, 07:16 AM
I saw this weeks episode last night on the re-run.

Why in God's name didn't they give that poor guy some pain killers. If the doc didn't have any run down to the opium den for Christ's sake. That was horrible.

When he said he's gonna stick it up there I was expecting some vasoline and a gentle as can be slide motion not a stabbing thrust. He probably turned the poor guys wanker inside out.

I'm still sitting cross-legged every time I think of it. Good God!!!

:deevee::deevee::deevee: