PDA

View Full Version : Starting LB corp...

TRR
03-21-2005, 11:45 AM
It has been rumored that Kendrell Bell will replace Shawn Barber in the starting lineup. Now I thought it was a given (unless we signed a MLB) that Bell will play in the middle. However, rumors have it that Bell will slide into Barber's place and Kawika Mitchell will again start at MLB.

Does that scare anyone else. If we don't add another promising LB, that means our LB corp won't be any different than last season. All we are doing is substituting Kendrell Bell for Shawn Barber.

Thoughts on this??

beavis
03-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Who needs new linebackers. We've got Monty Beisel.

TRR
03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
What's sad is Monty Beisel is a better MLB than Kawika Mitchell is IMHO.

Cormac
03-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Whatever happens I'm confident we'll start the best 3 LBs on our roster.

Right now, I have no idea whether it's better to have Bell in the middle and Beisel or Fox outside, or have Bell outside and play Kawika in the middle again. Neither sounds like a great option to me.

I hoped we'd add 2 starting LBs all offseason, even at the expense of a stud CB.

Wherever they put Bell is fine with me. As long as either Mitchell, Beisel or Fox is starting, we'll still have a major ? at the LB spot.

TRR
03-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Whatever happens I'm confident we'll start the best 3 LBs on our roster.

Right now, I have no idea whether it's better to have Bell in the middle and Beisel or Fox outside, or have Bell outside and play Kawika in the middle again. Neither sounds like a great option to me.

I hoped we'd add 2 starting LBs all offseason, even at the expense of a stud CB.

Wherever they put Bell is fine with me. As long as either Mitchell, Beisel or Fox is starting, we'll still have a major ? at the LB spot.

I agree. At least we've showed interest in other LB's. I would love to have Keith Adams from the Eagles. That guy can tackle. We need a solid tackler like that on the outside. He is undersized, but man can he form tackle.

PastorMikH
03-21-2005, 11:58 AM

I agree. He isn't as good of a MLB as I would like to have, but he's better than Mitchell.

Coogs
03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I agree. At least we've showed interest in other LB's. I would love to have Keith Adams from the Eagles. That guy can tackle. We need a solid tackler like that on the outside. He is undersized, but man can he form tackle.

I think Adams has signed with someone already. Not 100% positive on that, but pretty sure.

chop
03-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Where did that rumor come from? Is this just until he's over the injury?

whoman69
03-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Mitchell has shown that he does not have the skills or instincts to play in the middle, though at times he has looked adequate. Adequate is for backups. He needs to move outside or get cut, 'cause he aint cutting it in the middle.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't want to give up on Mitchell, however based on last year, I can't say I'm remotely excited about him leading the defense. I think Bell takes the MLB position and holds on tight.

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:10 PM

ROFL

TRR
03-21-2005, 12:12 PM
It looks like Keith Adams signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles.

Our hope of Mitchell not starting is getting slim....

My ideal is that Barber returns to form quicker than expected, Beisel/Fox fills in on the outside until Babrer can get back, and Bell anchors the middle for the next 50 years.

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:14 PM
It looks like Keith Adams signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles.

Our hope of Mitchell not starting is getting slim....

My ideal is that Barber returns to form quicker than expected, Beisel/Fox fills in on the outside until Babrer can get back, and Bell anchors the middle for the next 50 years.

I agree...oh wait where is Rich Scanlon going to play?

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone have a link to the rumor that Bell will start at WILL?

If true, I think it is completely idiotic and makes me even angrier that the Chiefs didn't give up a 7th round pick for Cowart.

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Mitchell has shown that he does not have the skills or instincts to play in the middle, though at times he has looked adequate. Adequate is for backups. He needs to move outside or get cut, 'cause he aint cutting it in the middle.
I disagree completely... I don't thing we should even remotely give up on Mitchell yet. His first year he was under GRob, last year he's under Gun and a completely different type of play (not to mention injured, IIRC). Mitchell's play improved significantly toward the end of the season.

Now, that's not to say I think he should have the job over Bell... But really, I think Mitchell might be better suited to OLB, so I wouldn't mind seeing him there, in Barber's spot splitting time with Key Fox.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Anyone have a link to the rumor that Bell will start at WILL?

If true, I think it is completely idiotic and makes me even angrier that the Chiefs didn't give up a 7th round pick for Cowart.
Last published report was Bell didn't know which position he would play. I assumed that was because we were still pursuing Hartwell and we thought Hartwell would be better as a MLBer than an OLBer. I think Fox, Beisel, or a rookie, or a FA takes over for Barber.

King_Chief_Fan
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM

that terd will be parking cars

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I heard we're going to teach him to play safety so we can convert him to corner... :thumb:

buddha
03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Mitchell hasn't shown that he's suited to play either inside or outside yet. I don't say give up on him, but you can't exactly plan on him either, can you? Now, with a better supporting cast around him, he could improve...we've seen it happen before. The simple fact is that KC doesn't really have a true MLB at this point.

Archie Bunker
03-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I disagree completely... I don't thing we should even remotely give up on Mitchell yet. His first year he was under GRob, last year he's under Gun and a completely different type of play (not to mention injured, IIRC). Mitchell's play improved significantly toward the end of the season.

Now, that's not to say I think he should have the job over Bell... But really, I think Mitchell might be better suited to OLB, so I wouldn't mind seeing him there, in Barber's spot splitting time with Key Fox.

:thumb: Well said

Mitchell still deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has had 2 very different schemes and missed a ton of practice and games due to injury during that time.

Toward the end of the year he started to look comfortable and he started making some really nice plays. I still have high hopes for the kid either at MLB or OLB.

royr17
03-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh a little news on Rich Scanlon guys, he did make the NFL Europe cuts and is ready to start playin, now wouldnt it just piss you guys off if he won the startin job in the middle and we played bell on the outside, that surely would silence all the Scanlon haters wouldnt it .........

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh a little news on Rich Scanlon guys, he did make the NFL Europe cuts and is ready to start playin, now wouldnt it just piss you guys off if he won the startin job in the middle and we played bell on the outside, that surely would silence all the Scanlon haters wouldnt it .........
Naw, not really... I'm not hatin' on Scanlon, don't really care. Just fueling the fire.

LiL stumppy
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM

Give him time.

royr17
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Naw, not really... I'm not hatin' on Scanlon, don't really care. Just fueling the fire.

Good, just want all the haters like gochiefs, for him to prove them wrong. Doin very well over at NFL Europe and in trainin camp should help him win the job and i still think he is a better MLB then Kawika Mitchell .......

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Doin very well over at NFL Europe

How would you know?

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 09:55 PM
How would you know?

He doesn't.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2005, 09:56 PM

beisel is better than mitchell

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM

Wrong.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Doin very well over at NFL Europe and in trainin camp should help him win the job and i still think he is a better MLB then Kawika Mitchell .......Doin very well over at NFL EuropeHow would you know?
He doesn't.
he said doing well SHOULD help him ... not that he WAS doing well.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 10:06 PM
he said doing well SHOULD help him ... not that he WAS doing well.

Ah. Are you Roy's public defender?

Mr. Laz
03-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Wrong.
wrong

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
wrong

The stats clearly show Mitchell is better. You've got no ground to stand on.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2005, 10:14 PM
The stats clearly show Mitchell is better. You've got no ground to stand on.
i don't give a **** what you think the stats say ...

beisel made more progress at MLB in just the few games he started than Mitchell did in the entire season he played.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 10:16 PM
i don't give a **** what you think the stats say ...

beisel made more progress at MLB in just the few games he started than Mitchell did in the entire season he played.

More delusion.

go bo
03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
More delusion.

delusion, eh?

i thought you were more expert on hallucination...

or something like that...

(you're not really expecting this to make sense, are you?)

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Give Beisel a year and a half at MLB and he'd be better than Mitchell. Not a great player, or even a very good player, but better than Mitchell.

KCinNY
03-21-2005, 10:55 PM

wrong

Irrelevant.

Both guys are sorry special teamers at best.

beer bacon
03-21-2005, 11:05 PM
It would be idiotic to start Mitchell in the middle. If all else fails and they really really want to play Bell on the outside we should be going after Foreman from the Texans right now.

He isn't great, but he is very solid and would certainly be an improvement over Mitchell. We could probably get him for something like 5 years 15 mil. Depending on the competition we might be able to get him for a contract similar to Knight's.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Foreman is actually good at, get this, shedding blockers.

Rausch
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Irrelevant.

Both guys are sorry special teamers at best.

If either one is starting we're ****ed like Anne Heche...

chop
03-21-2005, 11:25 PM
You all are forgetting Madman Maslowski. He's going to come back better than ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the MLB position.

Actually, I wonder if Maz has anthing left in him.

go bo
03-21-2005, 11:26 PM
If either one is starting we're ****ed like Anne Heche...anne heche?

i liked her better when she was bangin mellisa etheridge...

PastorMikH
03-22-2005, 01:32 AM
You all are forgetting Madman Maslowski. He's going to come back better than ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the MLB position.

Regardless of what some think, if Maz could get back to pre-injury form, he'd be a real help to us in the middle. I just have my doubts as to him ever seeing any substantial playing time again.

Spicy McHaggis
03-22-2005, 03:36 AM

Stick a fork in him man, he's done.

philfree
03-22-2005, 03:54 AM
It has been rumored that Kendrell Bell will replace Shawn Barber in the starting lineup. Now I thought it was a given (unless we signed a MLB) that Bell will play in the middle. However, rumors have it that Bell will slide into Barber's place and Kawika Mitchell will again start at MLB.

Does that scare anyone else. If we don't add another promising LB, that means our LB corp won't be any different than last season. All we are doing is substituting Kendrell Bell for Shawn Barber.

Thoughts on this??

No way Bell plays WLB.......He'll play MLB or SLB.........If I'm wrong I'll eat my......uh.........polldog with peppers and oinions at the games.

PhilFree:arrow: