PDA

View Full Version : Knight and Sharper news

Archie Bunker
03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Not much but it is a slow day.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3479192

Why were the Chiefs so interested in signing S Sammy Knight? Only four teams had fewer takeaways last season. Since 1997, no active player has more takeaways than Knight's 46. The Chiefs hope Knight can give them leadership as well as takeaways. Knight has been replaced in Miami by Tebucky Jones. Interestingly enough, this is the second time Knight has been replaced by Jones, the other being in New Orleans in 2003. Both the Saints and Dolphins prioritized speed over instinct after seeing Knight, who is one of the slower safeties in the NFL, have problems running with receivers and tight ends. . . .

The Texans are breaking ties with LB Jamie Sharper, but it isn't because Sharper can't play anymore. In fact, he led the team in tackles last season and had 50 more than the next closest player. The problem is Sharper is 30 and entering the last year of his contract. The Texans don't want to extend Sharper's contract because they are focusing on youth. And the thinking is they can get something for him now in a trade, as opposed to letting him walk next season as a free agent

KCFalcon59
03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I'll take Sharper as a Chief.

Bowser
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
So, this means Tebucky Jones is going to be here in 3-4 years? Super!

Now let all the "We should sign Jamie Sharper" threads begin!

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Now let all the "We should sign Jamie Sharper" threads begin!

Trade.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 01:39 PM
All crude and crass offseason Peterson comments will be retracted if the Chiefs sign Sharper and bring in a corner or two.

Gaz
03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
All crude and crass offseason Peterson comments will be retracted if the Chiefs sign Sharper and bring in a corner or two.

No, it will just switch to crude and crass and “he should have done it last season” comments.

xoxo~
Gaz
Grizzled old Planet veteran.

Bowser
03-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Trade.

"The Texans are breaking ties with Jamie Sharper......."

I'll trade them a meatball sub and frazod's Mustang for Sharper.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM

Yeah and they want to trade him. I'd rather give them a 5th or something than let other teams compete for his services.

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 01:45 PM
I was wondering why? a 4th rounder. No way. Sharper for a 4th rounder? Too good to be true. Very suspious. Has he got health issues? Financial cap issues? Bad in the locker room? Beats his wife on Valentines day? Has to be something.

Bowser
03-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah and they want to trade him. I'd rather give them a 5th or something than let other teams compete for his services.

Sounded to me like they were about to release him, if they hadn't already. I've got no problems giving up a fifth. We have two fifth rounders this year.

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 01:46 PM

Frazod has a mustang? The new retro ones?

Archie Bunker
03-21-2005, 01:47 PM

I agree. I have read that the Bengals and a couple of other teams are hot on his trail. If Sharper hits the FA market it will be difficult to get him.

Bowser
03-21-2005, 01:48 PM

I believe so. But not the GT, the girlie sized one with the V-6.

:evil:

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I was wondering why? a 4th rounder. No way. Sharper for a 4th rounder? Too good to be true. Very suspious. Has he got health issues? Financial cap issues? Bad in the locker room? Beats his wife on Valentines day? Has to be something.

They can't really afford to keep him. It's his last year under contract, so I believe he has a base of around 7 million. They know they have to deal him, so they'd rather get something for nothing.

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 01:51 PM

I love these girlie ones:
http://www3.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/vimg/220x99/05mustang_CP_trchrd.jpg

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 01:53 PM

They get Sharper, Law or Surtain and draft Rolle or Rodgers. I'll even be nice to King Carl for a little while.STFU

Bowser
03-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I love these girlie ones:
http://www3.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/vimg/220x99/05mustang_CP_trchrd.jpg

Yeah, bringing back those old Mach 1 body styles was a good move. I give frazod shit just because I'm jealous.

Iowanian
03-21-2005, 01:56 PM
If he is only signed for 1 more year, it wouldn't make much sense to me to give up anything higher than a 6th, unless a 3-4yr contract extension were agreed upon before the trade.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
If he is only signed for 1 more year, it wouldn't make much sense to me to give up anything higher than a 6th, unless a 3-4yr contract extension were agreed upon before the trade.

The Chiefs can't afford him unless he restructures first. Unless they've come up with an additional 7 mil. Maybe, King Carl had a successful off-season litigation spree against Bartee, Hicks, McLeon, Wesley and Woods for breach of contract and impersonating an NFL player.

HipHopper4Life
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM

We'd have to agree to an extension, unless we have the 7 million in cap room needed to absorb his contract. Maybe it's just me but I have no faith in Peterson being able to quickly negotiate a deal that would make this trade even remotely possible.

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, bringing back those old Mach 1 body styles was a good move. I give frazod shit just because I'm jealous.

I can get one if I can just convince the wife that I can rent a car during the snow and ice days.
Otherwise its looking like the Avalon or the 300. :deevee:

Iowanian
03-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks for repeating my point.

No way this happens, without a restructured contract.

Would I like to see it happen? Yes.....Sharper is a good LB. Do I think it will? no.

Lzen
03-21-2005, 02:10 PM
The Chiefs can't afford him unless he restructures first. Unless they've come up with an additional 7 mil. Maybe, King Carl had a successful off-season litigation spree against Bartee, Hicks, McLeon, Wesley and Woods for breach of contract and impersonating an NFL player.

:LOL:

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 02:18 PM
There is no way that King Carl will trade for a rent a player. It will have to be a sign and trade or it wont happen.

beavis
03-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for repeating my point.

No way this happens, without a restructured contract.

Would I like to see it happen? Yes.....Sharper is a good LB. Do I think it will? no.
Yeah, I'm still waiting for that pig to fly by. Until then, theres not much point in even talking about it.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
03-21-2005, 02:25 PM
CP DV LH and the whole Chiefs organization need to get the lead out and be proactive - not reactive.

philfree
03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm interested in any player who can improve our team. Sharper's played RILB for both the Ravens and the Texans does that make him a MLB or OLB for the Chiefs?

PhilFree :arrow:

Skip Towne
03-21-2005, 04:08 PM
You know, the one with the Bronco in the grille.

BigRedChief
03-21-2005, 04:13 PM
You know, the one with the Bronco in the grille.

welllllll that settles that I can't get one now. Drive around with a big azz Bronco in the grill :( Thanks! 4321

shaneo69
03-21-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm interested in any player who can improve our team. Sharper's played RILB for both the Ravens and the Texans does that make him a MLB or OLB for the Chiefs?

PhilFree :arrow:

He played OLB in the Ravens 4-3 defense during their Super Bowl season.

philfree
03-21-2005, 04:39 PM
He played OLB in the Ravens 4-3 defense during their Super Bowl season.

So he'd play WLB or SLB?

PhilFree:arrow:

shaneo69
03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
So he'd play WLB or SLB?

Yes.

philfree
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes.
Ooo-tay....Or would he play MLB and Bell SLB?

the Talking Can
03-21-2005, 05:18 PM
"Both the Saints and Dolphins prioritized speed over instinct after seeing Knight, who is one of the slower safeties in the NFL, have problems running with receivers and tight ends. . . ."

Sweet, at least we've solved the problem of speed at our safety position...wait, did I say "solved"? I meant embraced. My bad.

philfree
03-21-2005, 05:28 PM
"Both the Saints and Dolphins prioritized speed over instinct after seeing Knight, who is one of the slower safeties in the NFL, have problems running with receivers and tight ends. . . ."

Sweet, at least we've solved the problem of speed at our safety position...wait, did I say "solved"? I meant embraced. My bad.

I think that's bs. Why did the fish sign Knight in the 1st place? He's a player that's why. Speed ain't worth shit if you're running the wrong direction or run past the tackle. Knight's a sure tackler.

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:33 PM

LOL - When decorating, one cannot move their vehicle too quickly - Martha Frazod