PDA

View Full Version : Why cant Arrowhead support a Super Bowl?

Ghostof
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Aside from all the basic comments from the peanut gallery on this forum...Why hasnt one been held here in the last 10-15 years? Regardless of how much the stadium needs to be updated to the standards around the league.

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
It's cold during the winter.

Phobia
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Do you mean the last 32 years?

The NFL won't make as much money in KC, that's the only reason.

Chiefnj
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Corporate big wigs would rather enjoy the sunny weather of Arizona, San Diego, Miami, Tampa and Jax rather than be stuck in the heartland in January.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
It's cold during the winter.
ROFL

exactly.

keg in kc
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
The two biggest reasons are, I think, a lack of facilities in immediate proximity to the stadium (hotels, primarily - you need a ton of space for the event) and the lack of a roof.

ChiefsCountry
Too bad all of the leagues best venues are in the cold part of the country.

Mr. Flopnuts
The NFL came to the decision a few years ago, that even though teams played in the snow during the end of the season that it would draw more interest (meaning rich people, and money) to the big game if they only played the superbowl in domed stadiums with a temperature of somewhere between 73-78 degrees. That's the short answer.

Deberg_1990
03-21-2005, 03:21 PM
aint gonna happen until KC gets a Dome. 2006 Super Bowl is in Detroit, which of course has a Dome.

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 03:22 PM
The NFL came to the decision a few years ago, that even though teams played in the snow during the end of the season that it would draw more interest (meaning rich people, and money) to the big game if they only played the superbowl in domed stadiums with a temperature of somewhere between 73-78 degrees. That's the short answer.
There is some truth that they don't want elements (snow, ice, excessive rain, etc) to play into the outcome of the game, but mostly it's because rich people melt if they get wet.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2005, 03:28 PM
because of the cold the halftime show would suck?

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Halftime shows already suck, how is that a change?

Skip Towne
03-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Let's play the SB in April. The NCAA pulled it off with March Madness.

ChiefsCountry

They already do.

But just think if a Super Bowl was played in Green Bay or Buffalo in the snow. It would be pretty crazy.

Wile_E_Coyote
Halftime shows already suck, how is that a change?

oh..nevermind then

Nzoner
03-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Having the SB in a domed stadium in a cold weather city is what really sucks.I went to SB XXVI in Minneapolis and they had about 20 blocks of downtown shut off(for the rich people's limos I guess) and we had to walk that plus some just to get into a temp controlled dome which became very warm with coats and the like on,so you had no choice but to sit on them.

I know,I could bitch about being hung with a new rope but bottom line either keep the damn game in a warm weather city all the time or open it up for all cities to have a shot.

Ghostof
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Let's play the SB in April. The NCAA pulled it off with March Madness.

Or better yet, if you have it after the first round of March Madness....at least KU would have something to watch....BECAUSE JAYHAWKS SUCK!

HA!!

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Or better yet, if you have it after the first round of March Madness....at least KU would have something to watch....BECAUSE JAYHAWKS SUCK!

HA!!
Let me get this straight. You start a thread that asks a question that's been answered hundreds of times, then put in the question that you know you would have to have a new stadium that isn't coming, and somehow KU is the one that sucks?

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Lamar has requisitioned the SB to KC only a few weeks ago. It is contingent upon putting a dome or retractable roof over the stadium. Somewhere in 2015-2024 date range. Which should be the next time we are in.

keg in kc
03-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Lamar has requisitioned the SB to KC only a few weeks ago. It is contingent upon putting a dome or retractable roof over the stadium. Somewhere in 2015-2024 date range. Which should be the next time we are in.Talk about a blind homer. How the hell can you be that optimistic?

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Talk about a blind homer. How the hell can you be that optimistic?
Yeah, I know.

I am also fairweather. I have only been a fan since '69 and I swear one more bad season........

chiefsfan987
03-21-2005, 06:40 PM
If there were upgrades to the stadium that included a dome would that also allow the possibility of getting a final four or a "Kansas City bowl" for college football at arrowhead some time in the future?

Bowser
03-21-2005, 06:44 PM
I hear that the golf sucks around these parts in late January, early February. Therefore, there is nothing for the CEO's who play hooky all week to do. So, no Super Bowl here. Ever.

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 06:51 PM
If there were upgrades to the stadium that included a dome would that also allow the possibility of getting a final four or a "Kansas City bowl" for college football at arrowhead some time in the future?
Read three posts down.

Lamar has requisitioned a SB, he states we will have a retractable roof if we get it.

Chief Roundup
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Well now wait a cold halftime show......girls in skimpy outfits.....headlights on....might be an improvement to the halftime show.

Skip Towne
03-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Let me get this straight. You start a thread that asks a question that's been answered hundreds of times, then put in the question that you know you would have to have a new stadium that isn't coming, and somehow KU is the one that sucks?
You have to excuse Ghostof, He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. And he's damn lucky my neg rep button is stuck.

Dayze
03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Um....no. Because Kietzman would be required to give live reports sprinkled with K-State and Royals references.

Nzoner
03-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Well now wait a cold halftime show......girls in skimpy outfits.....headlights on....might be an improvement to the halftime show.

heh,and you think they got complaints over janet's nippage.

Logical
03-21-2005, 09:11 PM

There are already all the bowl games the NCAA will allow so one would have to be replaced for there ever to be one in KC.