PDA

View Full Version : NFBT: "Angel" DVDs...

Gaz
03-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Mrs. Gaz and I are up to the last season of “Angel” on DVD [NetFlix rocks!]. I have to send a thank you to the Planet member who urged me to give Angel & Company another try after it failed to catch my interest first time around. I regret that I do not recall your name, but you were right. This has been really good stuff.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sorry to be nearing the End of Days.

Baby Lee
03-22-2005, 09:19 AM
You're welcome.

Ironically, I have all the DVDs and have yet to watch them, . . . due to Netflix infusing my mailbox with new stuff daily.

Gaz
03-22-2005, 09:24 AM
I caught an episode or two during the first-run and did not care for it at all. It was dark, dark, dark, with none of the humor and tongue-in-cheek stuff that made Buffy so enjoyable. But when you watch a few episodes, Angel’s brooding is part of the fun. It takes a while for the supporting cast to settle, but the series gives a wonderful mix of comedy and genuinely scary moments.

Darn good stuff. I am happy to be watching new [new to me] episodes, but sorry that the ride is ending.

I guess I am a full-fledged Whedon fan. “Serenity” is due out this year and I am looking forward to that.

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoyed the ride, even if he did have to be coaxed into the car.

morphius
03-22-2005, 09:27 AM
I just want to know when they are coming out with the Pinky and the Brain episodes on DVD!!!

I do miss shows like Angel, but of course with most of the crap out there now I have more time to do other things.

Sure-Oz
03-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I liked the angel and buffy series a few years ago, i recently got the angel season 1 and buffy season 1 for $15 a piece, considering it was marked down from $40 or so.

old_geezer
03-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I never got caught up in the Angel tv program; I might give it a try someday.

Have you by chance seen any episodes of "Dead Like Me". It only lasted two years before it was canceled. It ranks as one of my all-time favorite made-for-tv series. I've got the 1st season on DVD and will buy the 2nd season when/if it comes out also.

Old Geezer thoroughly enjoys "quirky" humor.

Gaz
03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
“Dead Like Me” is in my NetFlix queue.

xoxo~
Gaz
Quirky as they come.

big nasty kcnut
03-22-2005, 11:41 AM
I hated buffy. Like angel cause it was funny and dark at the same time. Plus angel singing barry manilow is classic lol funny.

Baby Lee
03-22-2005, 12:09 PM
“Dead Like Me” is in my NetFlix queue.

xoxo~
Gaz
Quirky as they come.

If DLM tickles your fancy, you'll want to toss 'Wonderfalls' onto the queue. Same creator, and I loved the show. Really got hosed by Fox, though.

Gaz
03-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I liked Buffy because it was funny and dark. I did not like Angel because it was just dark. Fortunately, Baby Lee urged me to give it another shot and the funny came through.

Maybe you should give Buffy another try?

Anyone who liked either Buffy or Angel or science fiction in general should give “Firefly” a view. It is available on DVD. More good stuff.

xoxo~
Gaz
Whedon Geek.

Alton deFlat
03-23-2005, 10:02 AM
I never got caught up in the Angel tv program; I might give it a try someday.

Have you by chance seen any episodes of "Dead Like Me". It only lasted two years before it was canceled. It ranks as one of my all-time favorite made-for-tv series. I've got the 1st season on DVD and will buy the 2nd season when/if it comes out also.

Old Geezer thoroughly enjoys "quirky" humor.

I really liked "Dead Like Me", especially the first season. Too bad they pulled the plug.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I taped the final 8 episodes of Angel, have watched them a few times since it went off the air. That's got to be one of the best runs ever to end a series.

Gaz
03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
We just finished “Destiny,” where Spike kicks Angel’s butt for the goblet. The next NetFlix delivery should arrive today or tomorrow.

xoxo~
Gaz
Winding down the Buffyverse.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't have that one on tape, but I remember the "Mountain Dew?!" line. ROFL

Trust me, the best is yet to come.

redbrian
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Mid-Continent Public Library has the 1st season box set, thought it was very good.

They also have the first season of the Dead Zone, well worth the time to watch a lot of good extra stuff on the dvd's.

Check your local library you might be surprised at what they have on dvd.

Mid-Continent lets you look through the catalog on line and check stuff out on line. I always have several dvd's on reserve and get 2 or three weekly. And the best part is it's free.

Megbert
03-23-2005, 02:38 PM
I first got hooked on Buffy when it went into sydication on FX. Then I got hooked on Angel. The WB really hosed Angel in the way it cancelled the show when it was one of their 'hits' well a hit in the WB universe. Fox did the same with Firefly - Hope is not lost with Firefly as there is a Firefly movie coming out this summer! Serenity (http://imdb.com/title/tt0379786/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8dHQ9b258ZmI9dXxwbj0wfHE9ZmlyZWxmeXxodG1sPTF8bm09b24_;fc=1;ft=21;fm=1 )

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I was really disappointed when Firefly got canned.

Ultra Peanut
03-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I never got into Firefly (I think I only caught the first episode, though), and while Angel isn't quite up there with Buffy on my list, it's good stuff.

Numfar, do the dance of happiness!

keg in kc
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM
I taped the final 8 episodes of Angel, have watched them a few times since it went off the air. That's got to be one of the best runs ever to end a series.I resurrect this thread because I've just watched the final 8 episodes of Angel again (DVR'd off TNT the last couple weeks, the VHS tapes are looong gone...) and think it's still one of the best runs to ever end a series. Such a good show, although David Boreanaz was/is an even worse actor than I remember.

(wow, this thread pre-dates the media subforum - I am old)

Frosty
03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Gaz should come back now that we have a Beeker.

Holladay
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I,too, enjoyed that series. Bout time to watch it again. After Angel, I got into a "Monk" phase. His quirks made it interesting

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2013, 05:53 PM
This place has gone to hell since Gaz left

bevischief
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I go back and watch both Angel and Buffy about every 2 years and watch them when they show up on TV.

Psyko Tek
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
If DLM tickles your fancy, you'll want to toss 'Wonderfalls' onto the queue. Same creator, and I loved the show. Really got hosed by Fox, though.

fox has killed more good shows than are currently on TV
serenity
futurama

I quit watching after that

Psyko Tek
03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I first got hooked on Buffy when it went into sydication on FX. Then I got hooked on Angel. The WB really hosed Angel in the way it cancelled the show when it was one of their 'hits' well a hit in the WB universe. Fox did the same with Firefly - Hope is not lost with Firefly as there is a Firefly movie coming out this summer! Serenity (http://imdb.com/title/tt0379786/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8dHQ9b258ZmI9dXxwbj0wfHE9ZmlyZWxmeXxodG1sPTF8bm09b24_;fc=1;ft=21;fm=1 )

I have read that Joss is toyin gwith idea of going back to serenity
after avengers 2 and shield the TV series
figure he can do what he wants

Frosty
03-07-2013, 07:18 PM
fox has killed more good shows than are currently on TV
serenity
futurama

Freakylinks

Trevo_410
03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
netflix was existant in 2005?

jfc I'm old.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Josh Whedons "Much Ado about Nothing" Trailer......Looks like quite a few of his regulars are in there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AAMsDP_DMHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>