PDA

View Full Version : Great Speech by Both Men

AustinChief
12-13-2000, 09:29 PM
Why has it taken since the day of the Gettysburg Address for politicians to realize that short and sweet is where it is at.

Both candidates address the end of partisanship (let's see if their followers can do the same). Al thanked the appropriate parties, promised to work with the President-Elect, and moved on.

President-Elect Bush thank the appropriate parties, sympathized with the losing candidate, and addressed the real issues he will confront. He also used a great move by giving his address from the democratically controlled Texas Legislature. Showing his pride in bipartisanship and how it has worked in Texas, he has laid the same framework for Washington D.C.

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 09:36 PM
Why was that such a "great move", Russ? If everyone was truly interested in doing away with bipartisanship, it wouldn't matter if he addressed the cleanup crew at McDonalds.

AustinChief
12-13-2000, 09:40 PM
Phil - He went into the den of the enemy and shook hands. He could have played it safe and done so from home or over at the Texas Senate, but did so where his party was a minority. Thus showing that he didnt care about the party lines, but rather about accomplishing the goals he has listed.

Go Chiefs
12-13-2000, 09:58 PM
I agree with wolf - good job by both. I was VERY impressed with Gore - for the first time ever, he seemed genuine.

I would be interested to see if Bush would take him up on his offer of advise - not that I would neccesarily like it. But it would show Bush's interest in working with Dems and also show if the Dems are sincere about working with the Reps.<P>

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 10:01 PM
cool - thanks for explaining, Russ. I'm just very disturbed with bipartisanship right now....