PDA

View Full Version : Napolean Dynamite: Have I lost my sense of real humor?

Mile High Mania
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok, I'm curious. I'm a child of the 80s... 34 years of age and I love all sorts of humor. Goofy humor, twisted humor, dark humor and all the rest.

I didn't see Napolean Dynamite until recently. I fear that the bang to hype ratio is outta whack, and that due to the numerous references on sites like this and sports radio, maybe the level of expectation for me from the film wsa set way too high.

I watched the movie the other night around 10pm, completely sober and without any other distractions... and I fell asleep about 40 minutes into the movie.

I can't honestly recall laughing maybe more than once.

Am I warped now that I have kids and am subjected to endless Disney and Pixar related movies thanks to my 3 and 1 year old kids?

What in the name of all that is holy is wrong with me? I appear to be the only straight red blooded American male that was not impressed in the least with this film.

This is a cry for help ... should I invest another 90 minutes of my life and take the time to give this movie a second chance?

BigVE
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I thought it was funny, Mrs VE thought it was more ridiculous than funny. Im 34 and she is 32. It will be a cult classic to some, to others it will not. I would watch it again....heck even my kids got a kick out of it and still imitate those geeks!

wilas101
03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Parts of it had me in stitches but they were tempered with parts that were not funny to me at all.

I hear its really, really funny if you watch it stoned. I wonder if it wasn't written while stoned as well.

tyton75
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm 29.. saw it at the theater with my wife.... we were the only ones in the theater and we just kept looking at each other just wondering aloud.. "its gotta get better right?"

if I had been drunk or stoned.. I'm sure I would have laughed my arse off

Lzen
03-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I thought it was pretty stupid and stopped watching about a third the way into it. The wife stayed and watched it with the kids. She didn't find it funny, either. There may have been a couple mildly funny parts but I thought it was more pathetic than anything. And hey, I'm a guy who still laughs at Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy, Futurama, etc.

Now the boys, ages 8 and 12, loved this movie. Must be just funny to adolescents. /shrug

keg in kc
03-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Parts of it had me in stitches but they were tempered with parts that were not funny to me at all.That's every comedy I've seen for the last five years, there.

Iowanian
03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
I haven't seen it yet...........Some say I'll love it, some say I'll hate it.

Slayer Diablo
03-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Half the people I know say it's funny, and the other half agree that it's the stupidest piece of crap ever created. I should probably mention that a lot of those I've met who find it funny have been known potheads.

BigVE
03-22-2005, 04:24 PM
"Dang...I think you bruised my neck meat!" I laughed when the older brother said that...either its funny to you or not.

kc rush
03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I was amused. Nothing sidesplitting, just enough scenes where I smiled and shook my head.

Brock
03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I used to think Bachelor Party was funny. People's tastes just change, I guess.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Napoleon is genius in it's simplicity. It can't be watched with the same mindset as most other movies. You can't expect anything from it because it's point is to not be like other movies. The makers didn't want the normal style plot lines, production, climax, etc. to make up this movie.

It's meant to be overly simplistic in every way. Imo, they pull it off beautifully.

You can't watch it expecting a traditional "comedy" style or you will be sadly dissappointed. Appreciate it for what it is and it can be hilarious.

The movies slogan says it all. "He's out to prove he's got nothing to prove."

Plus it might help to be stoned.

Baby Lee
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
fell asleep about 40 minutes into the movie.
I'd give it another chance. MoF, before I even clicked on the thread, my thought was "I bet he didn't finish it."
I did the same thing the first time. Right around 40 minutes, I said 'eff it' and went to bed. Watched the rest of it the next day and got into the groove. It's more an atmosphere of the ridiculous that makes you chuckle than objectively funny material.
The only objectively funny gag was Kip running over the faux tupperware. But by the end, you find yourself reflecting on it fondly, particularly if you are reminded of people you knew who exhibited any of the traits you see in the characters.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
You'll love it if you can appreciate for what it is. If not, you'll likely hate it.

JamSec128
03-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I got a kick out, and find myself repeating stupid lines like "Tina eat some ham" , but didn't think it was great. I was going to buy based on all the hype right after it came out DVD, but changed my mind and decided to get it from Netflix a few weeks ago. After watching it, I turned to my girlfriend and said, "ok well I have seen it now, I never have to see that movie again, and sent it back the next day.

BigVE
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd give it another chance. .... But by the end, you find yourself reflecting on it fondly, particularly if you are reminded of people you knew who exhibited any of the traits you see in the characters.

EXACTLY!

MOhillbilly
03-22-2005, 04:34 PM
****ing gay after viewing said film i felt like finding a nice roof top perch taking my highpower and 1000 rounds and making some hype of my own.

Rain Man
03-22-2005, 04:36 PM
I thought it was funny, but not to the level of the hype it gets. Overall, it was worth my theater admission, but I don't tout it to other people or anything.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
"...who's the mystery spice of the day, it's PAPRIKA..." (fake crowd noise)

"Thank you thank you, you've made me the happiest spice in the world."

Great movie.

I am glad to know that I'm not in the minority on this flick. I can appreciate films for their simplistic humor, this just seemed to be entirely too simplistic.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Eat Tina, you fat lard.

I think you bruised my neck meat.

I bet I could throw this football over those mountains.

Wanna play me?

Girls like guys with skills. Numchuck skills and such. I'm pretty good with a bowstaff. Several gangs are trying to recruit me.

Don't be jealous Napoleon. Just because I've been home chatting with babes on-line all day. Beside's, you and I both know I'm training to be a cage fighter.

You think someone wants a round-house kick to the side of the head while I'm wearing these bad boys?

Vote for Pedro.

:D

grandllama
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I was told if you find it amusing, you knew characters like that growing up. If you didn't find it amusing, you were the characters.

I found it mildly amusing, but not nearly as funny as i expected... so I don't know what that says about me.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I was told if you find it amusing, you knew characters like that growing up. If you didn't find it amusing, you were the characters.

I found it mildly amusing, but not nearly as funny as i expected... so I don't know what that says about me.

Well, unless I slipped into a coma after college and woke up a different person 3 years later with inaccurate memories of my high school years... I'd have to disagree with that one. :p

tk13
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't think it's the funniest movie ever but I appreciate it's uniqueness.... If that makes any sense.

chiefsfolife
03-22-2005, 04:49 PM
this movie is hilarious...i give it 3 stars

KCWolfman
03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok, I'm curious. I'm a child of the 80s... 34 years of age and I love all sorts of humor. Goofy humor, twisted humor, dark humor and all the rest.

I didn't see Napolean Dynamite until recently. I fear that the bang to hype ratio is outta whack, and that due to the numerous references on sites like this and sports radio, maybe the level of expectation for me from the film wsa set way too high.

I watched the movie the other night around 10pm, completely sober and without any other distractions... and I fell asleep about 40 minutes into the movie.

I can't honestly recall laughing maybe more than once.

Am I warped now that I have kids and am subjected to endless Disney and Pixar related movies thanks to my 3 and 1 year old kids?

What in the name of all that is holy is wrong with me? I appear to be the only straight red blooded American male that was not impressed in the least with this film.

This is a cry for help ... should I invest another 90 minutes of my life and take the time to give this movie a second chance?
Not the only one. I thought it was lame compared to other recent comedies like Saving Silverman and High Fidelity.

OmahaChief
03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Add another vote to the not so funny list. I'm 32 so it might be an age thing. The movie just did not strike me as funny. There were about 4 parts that I laughed but it has nothing on shows like Something About Marry, Ace Ventura, Met the Parents, etc.

OmahaChief
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM

I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that knew a kid that wore snowboots to school all year. Now a show like Dazed and Confused I can relate to.

Chan93lx50
03-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Watched it alone with my wife, I hated it..........

But after hearing friends talk about it and quote lines, it had its funny moments. I guess I did not see them at the time, so the reflection thing worked for me.

Demonpenz
03-22-2005, 06:08 PM
your mom goes to college

CosmicPal
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Now a show like Dazed and Confused I can relate to.

Yea, me too...

Eleazar
03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I thought it was funny, as long as you aren't waiting for it to have a point.

Not as great as the hype it gets, but it was worth watching.

big nasty kcnut
03-22-2005, 06:32 PM
It's funny cause you turn off your sense of reality. I love this part what you did last summer. I told you i was with my uncle hunting wolverine.

fav. line your so retarded dang

Taco John
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
You would think it was the funniest thing you ever saw if you grew up in small town, Idaho.

fbodyman
03-22-2005, 06:52 PM
I just saw it this week. I find it funnier thinking about it now than when I when I was actually watching it.

Napolean: Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my nunchucks in there anymore.

Iowanian
03-22-2005, 07:01 PM
****ing gay after viewing said film i felt like finding a nice roof top perch taking my highpower and 1000 rounds and making some hype of my own.

Just getting back from Minnesota?

patteeu
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM

If you go in with high expectations you will hate it. If you don't expect much, you might think it's funny like I did. But I'd say that at this late date, with the exposure you've gotten to the movie on this site, the chances are that you will be underwhelmed.

Archie F. Swin
03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I rented it when it first hit the store (before the hype). Thought it was innocently fun, wasn't blown away. Then, like a week later, I got this sudden urge to see it again. One night when my wife went out to run some errands, I asked her to rent it again. She ended up buying it. We watch it nearly every week now. Flippin sweet!

carlos3652
03-22-2005, 08:43 PM
...and the other half agree that it's the stupidest piece of crap ever created.

Quoting Kip:

Chico Diablo (Napolean), there is no way you can actually know that...

(for those who dont remember - Uncle Rico's video of himself throwing the football)

LOL- I am a 23 year old, just out of college, not a stoner, married and with a 1 year old.

I loved this movie, I visited Idaho (almost went to college there) and could relate to the characters lifestyles (friends). It looked like they lived in the 80's-90's but they were 2004 high schoolers.

I think it was simple and it was different and you could quote 2/3 of all the lines in this movie, you laugh when anybody does quote it and it was the most clean fun (that was not animated - in a long time).

I think people between 8-25 enjoyed this movie because it hits closer to home, you relate with kids like that or you knew someone like that... I still have yet to find a person 25+ that enjoyed this movie... although they still quote it... (my brother in law for one)

Also, other than Dazed and Confused (which had drugs, booz and sex), which other movie with High school characters has made you laugh with clean fun (not animated) as much as this one did, even if it was minimal?

Anyway my $.02 on this, good clean family fun - I too liked Saving Silverman, Something about Mary, American Pie but these had older people as well (not only high schoolers) But I wouldnt let my son/daughter watch until he was 13/14 (theres also cursing and so forth).

OmahaChief
03-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Also, other than Dazed and Confused (which had drugs, booz and sex), which other movie with High school characters has made you laugh with clean fun (not animated) as much as this one did, even if it was minimal?

Varsity Blues, Better off Dead and Ferris.

carlos3652
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM

I will give you Ferris (great movie), but varsity blues wasnt very clean if i remember correctly... although I did enjoy it when I watched it

OmahaChief
03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
I will give you Ferris (great movie), but varsity blues wasnt very clean if i remember correctly... although I did enjoy it when I watched it

It's all in your defintion of clean fun. I don't consider a High School kid getting drunk from time to time that out of the ordinary. The only thing that might have been a stretch is the strip club.

If you want to get down to brass tacks. Ferris and buddy stole a car (they did not have permission to that Cameron's dads car), skipped school and lied about it all the while. Not so clean either.

Nzoner
03-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I like to think I have a good sense of humor,however,I'm more into Dark Humor like Jerry & Tom,Clay Pigeons,The Fearless Vampire Killers etc. but after reading much hype I bit on Napolean Dynamite and turned it off about 40 minutes in.I remember thinking,it must be that I'm 42 and just don't get it.

Thankfully,I just showed this thread to my 14 year old nephew and he said,"that movie was stupid."So maybe it's not me after all unless of course like grandllama said I was one of these dorks in high school but then again I don't think so as my high school years were spent stoned and watching Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke 50+ times among other comedy classics of that era.

To each their own,I didn't like the movie about that Burgundy guy either left the drive-in early on that one.

The Bad Guy
03-22-2005, 11:54 PM

Can't Hardly Wait, Sixteen Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

KCJake
03-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I can't believe you guys didn't think it was funny. Are you telling me, you didn't laugh your @ss off, when uncle Rico hit Napolean in the face with a steak??? That was some funny sh!t!!!! "Bet ya I can throw a football over them mountains" ROFL

beavis
03-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I think most people that didn't like it went in expecting a plot with substance. This is a turn your brain off and laugh movie, not Shakespeare.

Brando
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
I can't believe some of you guys think that a couple of Mormons from BYU film school intended to make a stoner movie LOL
Do the chickens have large talons?
Napoleon on Letterman doing the Top 10
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/video/video.pl?url=cbs/cbs/g2demand/entertainment/mini/lateshow/highlights/2004/12/20041221.rm&plugin=1&proto=rtsp

Pitt Gorilla
03-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm busy right now, says Kip, looking at his freshly shaved cheese.

Taco John
03-23-2005, 06:59 AM
If you go in with high expectations you will hate it. If you don't expect much, you might think it's funny like I did. But I'd say that at this late date, with the exposure you've gotten to the movie on this site, the chances are that you will be underwhelmed.

Yep. I lucked out and watched it early before all the hype. I hadn't seen a single commercial, and a friend wanted to check it out. Going in with absolutely zero expectation made the movie for me.

If I was going in after seeing all the hype, I'd be like, "this is pretty much the worst video ever made."

Taco John
03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Anyone a fan of Real Genius? That was one of my top five growing up. I was suprised to find out that Uncle Rico is Lazlow from Real Genius.

Mile High Mania
03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
In all honesty, I wasn't expecting much of a plot. I was told to expect your basic 'laugh out loud' moments, and to expect my wife to ask 'you're laughing at this?'.

Better Off Dead - now that's a classic.

Mile High Mania
03-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Anyone a fan of Real Genius? That was one of my top five growing up. I was suprised to find out that Uncle Rico is Lazlow from Real Genius.

Yeah, that was a funny movie - along with Top Secret. Wasn't that the name, the one with young Val Kilmer... pretty dumb, but the underwater bar fight was funny.

Taco John
03-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Better Off Dead - now that's a classic.

That was one of my top five growing up as well... My family watched that movie, hit rewind, and watched it again. I've had a thing for French chicks ever since... well... Idealized French chicks, that is. I don't care too much for armpit hair, but now I'm off on a tangent.

yunghungwell
03-23-2005, 07:41 AM
That was one of my top five growing up as well... My family watched that movie, hit rewind, and watched it again. I've had a thing for French chicks ever since... well... Idealized French chicks, that is. I don't care too much for armpit hair, but now I'm off on a tangent.

and 1st generation camero's.

"Ricky, I'm really sorry your mom blew up."

yunghungwell
03-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I saw the preview for Napoleon on the Dodgeball DVD and thought that it looked kind of funny. At the time there wasn't all of the hype. In fact I had never even heard of the movie. So, I guess that I didn't expect much, but by the time the grandmother had told Napoleon to make himself a quesadilla and the sudden realization that Tina was a lama, I was laughing pretty hard.

Lzen
03-23-2005, 07:47 AM
C'mon, do you guys really think that hype before a movie is really all that contributed to some not liking this movie? Actually, I heard both sides prior to seeing this flick. About half the people said you will like it and half said you won't. I watched it and thought it was a waste of my night. And I really don't remember much commercials or anything prior to seeing it. I watched a movie with an open mind not expecting anything.And I just thought it was stupid. The talk of this movie did not change my stance.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2005, 07:55 AM
C'mon, do you guys really think that hype before a movie is really all that contributed to some not liking this movie? Actually, I heard both sides prior to seeing this flick. About half the people said you will like it and half said you won't. I watched it and thought it was a waste of my night. And I really don't remember much commercials or anything prior to seeing it. I watched a movie with an open mind not expecting anything.And I just thought it was stupid. The talk of this movie did not change my stance.
The movie is all about character development. Thats all it is. There is no real plot. The movie is chocked full of great one-liners, and great characters. Thats why I love it. Its all a matter of taste.

As for movie hype, if everyone tells me that i'll love it, I generally don't watch it because it will be stupid. For example, "Something about Mary", "American Pie", "Meet the Parents", "Zoolander", were all ****ING STUPID. Most of them I sat through 30 minutes of them, and turned them off. They all try way too hard to be funny.

ChiefFripp
03-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Perhaps you have to know people in real life who are like the characters in the movie. I thought Napolean Dynamite was freaking hillarious.

Taco John
03-23-2005, 08:20 AM

I forgot to address that part of MHM's question...

If you didn't think this movie was funny, indeed, your sense of humor sucks... ;)

Pennywise
03-23-2005, 08:20 AM

Taste this.

Come on, you won't hurt my feelings. Just give it . . . yeah . . . what?

Too sweet?

What is it?

I don't know. I found it in one of the labs.

Taco John
03-23-2005, 08:21 AM
ICE IS NICE!

Scaga
03-23-2005, 08:52 AM
stupid f'n movie.... :harumph:

Ghostof
03-23-2005, 08:54 AM
You mean you didnt even laugh at the part where Napolean walks out of his house and sees the farmer across the road aiming his gun at the cows head...then the bus pulls up and BLAM...everyone screams..

I aint never laughed that hard in my life.

Just like in that flick with George Clooney on O Brother Where Arte Thou....where the cops were chasing the three and Baby Face Nelson....and Nelson was randomly shooting cows...then the cops behind them ran over a cow!

DAMN...never laughed so hard in my life.

Scaga
03-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Now that $hit was funny.

"Can you hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?"
"Not right now"
"A girl's gotta have her standards."

Baby Lee
03-23-2005, 09:23 AM
You mean you didnt even laugh at the part where Napolean walks out of his house and sees the farmer across the road aiming his gun at the cows head...then the bus pulls up and BLAM...everyone screams..

I aint never laughed that hard in my life.

Just like in that flick with George Clooney on O Brother Where Arte Thou....where the cops were chasing the three and Baby Face Nelson....and Nelson was randomly shooting cows...then the cops behind them ran over a cow!

DAMN...never laughed so hard in my life.
Unless you are speaking in a chronological sense, both assertions cannot be true. :p

Ghostof
03-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Amazing, I just like it how everyone critiques my every f-ing word.

Ok, for you Slow kids....I aint naming names.. BABY LEE...

I laughed at the cow scene in O Brother WHere Arte Though....which came out a few years back....was the funniest i had seen up until dynamite

Now that I had seen Dynamite and the farmer shooting the cow....that scene overides the random cow shooting/running over scene

If that still aint clear enough, i'll draw a f-ing picture for you.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Shut the **** up.

Baby Lee
03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Amazing, I just like it how everyone critiques my every f-ing word.

Ok, for you Slow kids....I aint naming names.. BABY LEE...

I laughed at the cow scene in O Brother WHere Arte Though....which came out a few years back....was the funniest i had seen up until dynamite

Now that I had seen Dynamite and the farmer shooting the cow....that scene overides the random cow shooting/running over scene

If that still aint clear enough, i'll draw a f-ing picture for you.
http://us.st8.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/buyinprivate_1829_20085351
It's called humorous observation, further denoted for it's humorous tone by the inclusion of a f*cking :p smilie for the slow kids.

Oh, and DRAW THE FUGGIN PICTURE. That should be entertaining.

Lzen
03-23-2005, 09:37 AM
I forgot to address that part of MHM's question...

If you didn't think this movie was funny, indeed, your sense of humor sucks... ;)

I'm thinking grandlama had it backwards. If you thought this movie was funny, you were just like one of the characters. :p

Lzen
03-23-2005, 09:42 AM
The movie is all about character development. Thats all it is. There is no real plot. The movie is chocked full of great one-liners, and great characters. Thats why I love it. Its all a matter of taste.

As for movie hype, if everyone tells me that i'll love it, I generally don't watch it because it will be stupid. For example, "Something about Mary", "American Pie", "Meet the Parents", "Zoolander", were all ****ING STUPID. Most of them I sat through 30 minutes of them, and turned them off. They all try way too hard to be funny.

I think you hit the nail on the head with "it's all a matter of taste".
As for the other flicks you mentioned:
I thought American Pie was hilarious. Meet the Parents had it's funny parts but yeah, some parts were almost painful. But overall, I enjoyed it. Never saw Something About Mary or Zoolander. I saw Dodgeball recently and it was kinda funny.

morphius
03-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Now that $hit was funny.

"Can you hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?"
"Not right now"
"A girl's gotta have her standards."
Yup, that is my wife's favorite movie of all time. It took a while to get up to meet her standards, but was worth it..

MHM - If it makes you feel any better, I didn't laugh once during Dumb and Dumber, probably would have been different if I had watched it with a group of people.

Nzoner
03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head with "it's all a matter of taste".
As for the other flicks you mentioned:
I thought American Pie was hilarious. Meet the Parents had it's funny parts but yeah, some parts were almost painful. But overall, I enjoyed it. Never saw Something About Mary or Zoolander. I saw Dodgeball recently and it was kinda funny.

Agreed,it's all a matter of taste,it'd be a pretty damn boring world if we all liked the same thing.

As for the movies,I too thought American Pie was very funny and also own Something About Mary.

Pennywise
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Pretty much all the movies listed here are funny.

But none can hold The Naked Gun's jock.

Frank: Did anyone get the license number?! Anyone get a good look at the driver?! Take the names of everyone here for questioning.

I gotta get...inside...

Darien25
03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Half the people I know say it's funny, and the other half agree that it's the stupidest piece of crap ever created. I should probably mention that a lot of those I've met who find it funny have been known potheads.
Nappy Dynomite was a horrible POS! Don't waste your money.

Lzen
03-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Yup, that is my wife's favorite movie of all time. It took a while to get up to meet her standards, but was worth it..

MHM - If it makes you feel any better, I didn't laugh once during Dumb and Dumber, probably would have been different if I had watched it with a group of people.

I didn't think Dumb And Dumber was funny, either.
:shake:

Mile High Mania
03-23-2005, 11:39 AM

Well, you had to appreciate it for it's simplicity...

"...we landed on the moon!"

Saulbadguy
03-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Dumb and Dumber...what a classic.

"Our pets HEADS are falling off!" :cuss:

Mile High Mania
03-23-2005, 12:03 PM
"I am from Austria"

".... ahhh G'day Mate!"

fan4ever
03-23-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm with you on this movie...heard all sorts of hype, laughed a couple of times, and at the end looked around and said "That was it?"

morphius
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Maybe Ghostof can give you some negative rep for that statement too...

Lzen
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM

How'd you know about that?

Ultra Peanut
03-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Took me forever to see it, but I loved it.

You're just broken, MHM.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Psst...he is now a target of a Saulbadguy negative rep conspiracy.

morphius
03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Because your password was easy to figure out.

j/k, he gave me some neg rep for my statement, so I just figured you got some too.

Ebolapox
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
eh, I walked out of the theatre (yes, I know, but I was BORED with nothing better to do that particular day) feeling VERY ambivalent about nap dyno...parts were mildly amusing, but as a whole, pretty close to the most retarded movie I've ever watched willingly or unwillingly...

wait, that list doesn't include the lifetime movie network :banghead:

needless to say, it's no better than average

-EB-

CosmicPal
03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
If a movie can't make me laugh when I'm stoned, that's pretty bad.

Yep.

Ultra Peanut
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
You people shouldn't be trusted.

paulgkc
03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Watch if at least a couple more times. I hated it the first time I saw it, quit watching it a half-hour into it. Then as I saw it more I caught the little subtle lines that make it so great.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Because your password was easy to figure out.

j/k, he gave me some neg rep for my statement, so I just figured you got some too.

Heh, actually he didn't give me neg rep for anything I said in this thread. He neg repped me for my low opinion of Barry Bonds. Psshhaa, funny thing is that I don't think it really affected my rep at all. :rolleyes:
Oh and stupid me. I was in such a hurry and wanted to pass the neg rep back to him. In my haste I forgot to change it to neg. So I ended up giving him positive rep. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/uhoh3.gif

KcMizzou
03-24-2005, 08:40 AM
eh, I walked out of the theatre (yes, I know, but I was BORED with nothing better to do that particular day) feeling VERY ambivalent about nap dyno...parts were mildly amusing, but as a whole, pretty close to the most retarded movie I've ever watched willingly or unwillingly...

wait, that list doesn't include the lifetime movie network :banghead:

needless to say, it's no better than average

-EB-Agreed

I never understood what all the fuss was about....

chiefz
03-24-2005, 09:33 AM
I thought it was 95% boring, 5% entertaining.

It seems to me that you would need to be a high school aged kid to fully enjoy it.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Looks like I spoke too soon. He got me now. ROFL

Napolean Dynamite: Have... 03-24-2005 08:25 AM Ghostof for even writing about me and neg rep in the same sentence

morphius
03-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon. He got me now. ROFL
LOL! He got me again for mentioning it, oh well. Anyone who feels that strong about dumb and dumber isn't really going to bother me. Especially one who doesn't even know wtf a smiley means on the end of a post.

Morphius
now remembers why he normally skipped over most of ghostouttabe's posts.

Mile High Mania
03-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I rarely check it, but the li'l nancy neg rep'ed me as well...

luv
03-24-2005, 01:19 PM
I didn't like it at first, but the further into the movie I got, the more I caught on to what exactly made it funny. I love highly quotable movies, an I think this is one. Also, even though it was set in the 80's, the brother's obsession with the internet (macking on chicks, meetings, etc) still holds true today. That was just one more thing I snickered at. I don't think I ever completely laughed out loud for the sake of something being "hilarious" (although the martial arts lesson came close), but I enjoyed it. True that it won't be for everyone though.

Ebolapox
03-25-2005, 10:30 AM
heh heh heh... ghoseandthepussylesscatcalledhissister neg repped everyone who disagreed with him...

WAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAH

'springfield sucks'...we've got a bit of a pest problem.... yeeeeeeah... I'm gonna need you to take a can of roach killer and a flashlight and take care of it for me, mmmmmmmkay????

-EBb-