PDA

View Full Version : Increased interest in Law and Surtain...

Gravedigger
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry if this is a repost I just got off of a 9 to 7 shift and saw this these really mean nothing but it's something to keep us occupied while we're trying to figure out why we don't have one of them yet...

Chiefs | Hot for Surtain - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:56:43 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest in Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain, who is on the trading block.

Chiefs | Little Progress in Surtain Trade Talks - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:59:56 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Kansas City Chiefs revisited talks to acquire Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain, but little progress was made in reaching an agreement.

Chiefs | Hot for Law - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:56:31 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest in free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots).

milkman
03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm just waiting for the report that the Chiefs were among the finalists for Law and/or Surtain, but Carl's cheap ass couldn't get a deal done, because he was competing for their services against competent GMs.

RealSNR
03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
It won't be long before KFFL says "Chiefs hot for _______..... sexually"

VonneMarie
03-22-2005, 07:13 PM
C'mon Cheaps! :cuss:

whoman69
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Realistically we have to have one of these two to win this year. We cannot sign a 2nd tier FA and a rookie and call the secondary fixed. Hell, at this point even the 2nd tier FAs are rare. Its one of these two or get shut out. Law will come at the overall lower price tag (not necessarily smaller contract, but he doesn't cost us a pick), so I imagine it will be him.

the Talking Can
03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
"the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest..."

what the f does that mean?

"we think they might think about thinking about it some more but we don't know..."

BIG_DADDY
03-22-2005, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=the Talking Can]"the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest..."

[QUOTE]

It's kind of like what the fruit canning factory workers were thinking when they saw you hanging out in front of the building all the time.

the Talking Can
03-22-2005, 08:00 PM
It's kind of like what the fruit canning factory workers were thinking when they saw you hanging out in front of the building all the time.

yeah....maybe if you don't try so hard next time.....

ROYC75
03-22-2005, 09:33 PM
I think he meant to say this ..........

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest Patrick Surtain once a final deal by Carl Peterson to Samari Rolle has been completed. Mr Peterson said that the only hang up was he was still waiting for Samari to come by and sign on the dotted line.

Once that deal was done, Ed Hartwell was to inform Carl of a decision within 48 hours. Carl thinks this team is finally coming together the way Dick Vermeil has visioned it would.

It was mentioned that Carl was so estatic that he claimed a deal a deal for Surtain and Ty Law is imminent.

milkman
03-22-2005, 09:36 PM
No.
I think what he mean't was Now that Carl has signed a 4 year contract extension, he has increased interest in his money, and has forgotten about Law and Surtain.

ZootedGranny
03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Interestingly enough, the Clayton report referenced included a quote from Vermeil saying there was a chance we'd move on Law or Surtain by this weekend.

March 22, 2005
Chiefs corner the market for Law, Surtain
Kansas City Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil believes there is a 50-50 chance their cornerback situation could be resolved by the weekend. The Chiefs are working two angles to try to come up with one coverage cornerback. They are talking to former Patriots cornerback Ty Law. They are talking trade with the Dolphins for Patrick Surtain. "I know Carl Peterson is talking to the people involved with the two corners that we are interested in. I think there is a chance it might get done in the next few days. I'd say it's 50-50." The Dolphins want a second-round choice for Surtain. The Chiefs are currently unwilling to give up their second because they don't have their third round pick.

bricks
03-23-2005, 08:33 AM
"the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show increased interest..."

I know eh, for real...this sounds like something madeup. Speculation that's all.

Baby Lee
03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
I can't wait to find out what aspect of the contracts these two sign elsewhere lead our faithful to once again exclaim "Fug him! XX are idiots to pay that. Now lets go round up some scrubs."

whoman69
03-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Anything could be considered 50-50. I could say it will rain today 50-50, either it will or it wont.

Scaga
03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Why do I get the feeling that we'll sign Law???
Then let the bitching begin ........
"How the _uck can we sign a guy with a bad wheel?"

Wile_E_Coyote
03-23-2005, 10:06 AM
By Ron Borges, Globe Staff | March 23, 2005

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- According to a report on CBS SportsLine, the Poston brothers have told NFL teams they have a standing offer of four years and $26 million for Ty Law to return to New England next season, but sources within the Patriot organization flatly deny that.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/spacer.gif
It would be highly unusual for an NFL team to make such an offer and then leave it on the table while a player's agents traipsed around the country using it as leverage. The Chiefs are among several teams interested in the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback but they are not willing to meet the Postons' demand for $16 million in guaranteed money for a 31-year-old player coming off foot surgery.

Law is believed to have visited with the Chiefs, Steelers, and Ravens; he initiated the Pittsburgh visit by calling and asking to come by while he was in a nearby suburb, visiting his mother. Law was twice in the Steelers' complex a week ago and allowed the team's medical staff to examine the foot he broke (against Pittsburgh) six weeks into last season.

Link(there is more NFL stuff if you scroll on down)
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2005/03/23/a_dubious_theory_on_law/

KCTitus
03-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Only a blind homer would question the agent's motives...especially when we're talking about Carl here. Clearly this article was a plant from 1 Arrowhead.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-23-2005, 11:10 AM
It should thrill some to know, that over a finheaven, they say, John Clayton reported the Chiefs may sign Dyson

milkman
03-23-2005, 11:14 AM
It should thrill some to know, that over a finheaven, they say, John Clayton reported the Chiefs may sign Dyson

John Clayton isn't without credibility, but has he been right this
offseason about anyhting?

bricks
03-23-2005, 11:22 AM

Gaz, where are you? Did you hear that?

Wile_E_Coyote
03-23-2005, 11:24 AM
finheaven could give the Star BB a run for thier money on credibility. I should have put that in the post above

vckcchiefs04
03-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Let's put all these reports into one and translate it to all Chief fans:

"We are the media..... we reserve the right f-ck with all Chief fans and thier emotions at any time. We also reserve the right to say any player is close to signing at any time, and then retract the statement at any time. There is nothing you all can do but get excited, and then get bitter and pi$$ed when you find out that it was really a load of crap from us. Please note, that unless you are a total dunce, don't believe anything we say until you see the player holding up the Chiefs jersey with his name on it. Thank you for being so much fun for us a$$es in the media." :cuss: Bastards!!!!

Gaz
03-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Gaz, where are you? Did you hear that?

We should be so lucky…

xoxo~
Gaz
Would much rather have Dyson [and his salary] than Surtain or Law [and their salaries].