PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi could be out for season

Mr. Laz
03-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Report: Patriots' Bruschi could sit out 2005 season

BOSTON (AP) — New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi is considering sitting out the 2005 season for health reasons, his newly hired agent told The Boston Globe.
Bruschi, who was treated for a mild stroke last month, recently hired Boston-based agent Brad Blank to represent him. Bruschi, who has three years remaining on his contract, hasn't been represented by an agent since his rookie season.

Blank insists Bruschi hasn't decided on his plans for next season.

"I can relate to you only that Tedy is considering not playing next year," Blank told The Globe on Tuesday. "Beyond that, I cannot comment on anything."

Bruschi was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital on Feb. 16 and released a couple of days later. However, an Arizona television station has reported that Bruschi was readmitted to the hospital so doctors could repair a hole in his heart.

Blank and Patriots coach Bill Belichick declined to comment on Bruschi's medical condition.

"Tedy has made all the comments. I leave it at that," said Belichick, who is in Hawaii for the NFL owners meetings.

Bruschi is scheduled to earn $850,000 in 2005, $1.35 million in 2006 and $1.70 million in the final year of his contract. His deal would be voided if he retires, but he could earn his full salary if the team elects to place him on its physically unable to perform list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Simplex3
03-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I hope that he decides to hang up the cleats. He would probably make a good position coach if he wants to stay in the league.

ChiefsCountry
03-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Patriots will be screwed without Bruschi and Law they were two defense leaders on that team.