03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Talk to me.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Talk to me.Awww, do I have to?

(I'd go Toyota)

big nasty kcnut
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I'd go to jeep liberty because it's more fun and sporty.

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Awww, do I have to?

(I'd go Toyota)

Rather you wouldn't.

(Rationale please)

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I'd go to jeep liberty because it's more fun and sporty.

Well, I AM fun and sporty. However, the 4Runner looks better IMO.

chop
03-23-2005, 07:43 PM
buy american

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Rather you wouldn't.

(Rationale please)Oh, you know I love you, Jen.

(My ex-whore had a Jeep. Err, ex-wife, I mean. She was a piece of crap. Argh, I mean IT was a piece of crap. The Jeep, that is. And my sister's owned several Toyota's. She' loved them all.)

morphius
03-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Toyota all the way. Better looking, better resale, less issues, and its a Toyota and we all know how much you like toys.

Morphius
glad she lives FAR away.

Jenny Gump
buy american

What's your point?

Phobia
Are you buying or leasing? Keeping it or trading it in 2-3 years? New/Used? Loaded or base model? Highway driving, offroad, or daily driver to and from work?

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh, you know I love you, Jen.

(My ex-whore had a Jeep. Err, ex-wife, I mean. She was a piece of crap. Argh, I mean IT was a piece of crap. The Jeep, that is. And my sister's owned several Toyota's. She' loved them all.)

Whatever you say.

(So you feel the Jeep isn't the way to go, but not because your ex-bitch was a whore, right?)

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Are you buying or leasing? Keeping it or trading it in 2-3 years? New/Used? Loaded or base model? Highway driving, offroad, or daily driver to and from work?

I feel like I'm already at the dealership.

Buying. Keeping. New. Loaded (duh). Yes, yes, and yes.

Bwana
03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Buy the TOY.

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Toyota all the way. Better looking, better resale, less issues, and its a Toyota and we all know how much you like toys.

Morphius
glad she lives FAR away.

You know, I'm not embarassed to say that I enjoy masturbating. So you can just pull my pigtails and run off...I don't care. :p

morphius
03-23-2005, 07:53 PM
You know, I'm not embarassed to say that I enjoy masturbating. So you can just pull my pigtails and run off...I don't care. :p
ROFL!

Morphius
If I'm pulling the pig tails its not because I'm gonna run away...

Spicy McHaggis
03-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Poll? just kidding. I'd get the Toyota, every Toyata that I myself or my family has owned has been great. My friend has like a 97' 4Runner and he loves it.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Whatever you say.

(So you feel the Jeep isn't the way to go, but not because your ex-bitch was a whore, right?)I kid because I love. Or, wait, is it because I'm an asshole? Oh, I forget.

(yes, for the reasons laid out before this by others, I think Toyota's a better choice)You know, I'm not embarassed to say that I enjoy masturbating.Time for the obligatory "useless without pics" comment I'd say.

cowboy_big_rich
03-23-2005, 07:55 PM
bought the wife a liberty renegade and it is a sporty but durable vehicle. She looks cute in it too.

she got the silver with black trim and fog lights on the grill

we got a good deal on the 2005 back in october. She has already put 5000 miles on it.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2005, 07:55 PM

I agree.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
ROFL!

Morphius
If I'm pulling the pig tails its not because I'm gonna run away...Yeah, it's because she's running away. :D

Jenny Gump
I kid because I love. Or, wait, is it because I'm an asshole? Oh, I forget.

(yes, for the reasons laid out before this by others, I think Toyota's a better choice)

You may love to kid...but that doesn't make you any less of an asshole.

(Thanks for the input)

dtebbe
Expect tranny problems in the Jeep.

I like the Nissan Murano with the V6 and sweet CVT tranny. They are damn nice and pretty quick too.

The wife has a Honda Pilot, which is a little bigger than what you are looking at. It is a great truck, 35k miles with 0 problems, and it tows better than my GMC 1/2 ton truck. It is nice to drive, not like a truck at all.

DT

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Poll? just kidding. I'd get the Toyota, every Toyata that I myself or my family has owned has been great. My friend has like a 97' 4Runner and he loves it.

Ehh..polls are for middle-aged, witty, Nicole Kidman-loving, moustache-absent, bearded men, who drive peach bmw's.

morphius
03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it's because she's running away. :D
Damn it! You have seen me!

Why must they all run!

Rain Man
03-23-2005, 08:00 PM

In that case, perhaps you should be considering the Toyota 4player.

I would be glad to offer an opinion on this issue, but I know nothing about either vehicle other than saying that I think the Toyota looks more cool. I like other Jeeps, but the Jeep Liberty looks a little cheap to me.

Of course, the real key to this is what colors they come in. Does either one happen to come in apricot?

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Expect tranny problems in the Jeep.

I like the Nissan Murano with the V6 and sweet CVT tranny. They are damn nice and pretty quick too.

The wife has a Honda Pilot, which is a little bigger than what you are looking at. It is a great truck, 35k miles with 0 problems, and it tows better than my GMC 1/2 ton truck. It is nice to drive, not like a truck at all.

DT

The Murano is an interesting vehicle, but I can't decide if I like the body style.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
You may love to kid...but that doesn't make you any less of an asshole.

(Thanks for the input)Ouch. I'd cry if I still had a heart. Meanie.

(You're welcome. I feel schizophrenic talking like this.)Expect tranny problems in the Jeep.Wow. I definitely don't think I'd want a Jeep, then. I'm not into trannies.

It does make me wonder about my ex-"wife" though.Why must they all run!You're asking me? Hell man, I have a permanent restraining order out against all females. You might as well ask slayer or goatcheese, I've long since given up trying to figure it all out.

dtebbe
03-23-2005, 08:04 PM
The Murano is an interesting vehicle, but I can't decide if I like the body style.

That turned me off too, until I drove it. FUN! FUN! FUN! I don't know about up there, but down here you can really get deals on them too. I'm sure the Toyota is a good vehicle, but you just see so many of them. I had a Toyota dealer screw me over on a trade-in once, and have not even considered them since, but that's just me. They do make reliable vehicles.

I say that about the Jeep, because Chrysler has tranny issues on just about everything they build. My wife had a 99 Durango with the 5.9l "heavy duty towing package". Apparently those trips to the soccer fields were just too much strain, the tranny gave up the goat in 60k miles. I've never wanted so badly to just set something on fire in my life.

DT

Phobia
03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I feel like I'm already at the dealership.

Buying. Keeping. New. Loaded (duh). Yes, yes, and yes.

My answer was probably going to be Toyota no matter how you answered those questions, but the Toyota is more expensive than the Liberty. If you really want comparable vehicles, you should be pitting the Grand Cherokee against the 4Runner. Then it would have a chance.

You should educate yourself on www.edmunds.com - then sign up and get an internet dealer in your area. This will enable you to buy your choice at a dealership for at (or around) dealer invoice. Dealer invoice is usually a pretty fair price to pay for a new vehicle.

SBK
03-23-2005, 08:16 PM
If you want to spend too much, replace the tranny a few times, get piss poor gas milage, then get the Jeep. If you don't want those, then get that 4Runner.

Phobia
03-23-2005, 08:16 PM
the tranny gave up the goat in 60k miles.

ROFL Gave up the goat.... Eh?

Phobia
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
What's your trade, if any?

Brock
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
The Jeep is junk, like most Chrysler products.

Rain Man
03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
If you want to spend too much, replace the tranny a few times, get piss poor gas milage, then get the Jeep. If you don't want those, then get that 4Runner.

Get the jeep, jenny. It'll be your best chance to meet that guy in the famous poster who's carrying the tires at the repair shop.

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
What's your trade, if any?

99 Grand Prix GTP. Bought it new, and have put 180,000 miles on it in 6 years. Poor thing is about to poop out on me. Won't bring much in the trade, even though it has a sweet little supercharged V6.

NewChief
03-23-2005, 08:42 PM
My answer was probably going to be Toyota no matter how you answered those questions, but the Toyota is more expensive than the Liberty. If you really want comparable vehicles, you should be pitting the Grand Cherokee against the 4Runner. Then it would have a chance.

That was kind of my thinking as well. 4Runner vs. Liberty: is there even a contest? Two totally different classes of vehicles. Even pitting the 4Runner vs. the Grand Cherokee, I'd take 4Runner. In fact, I'd take a 4Runner over just about any SUV out there.

Toyotas rock. Now if I just wouldn't have sold mine.
:banghead:

Phobia
03-23-2005, 08:43 PM
That was kind of my thinking as well. 4Runner vs. Liberty: is there even a contest? Two totally different classes of vehicles. Even pitting the 4Runner vs. the Grand Cherokee, I'd take 4Runner. In fact, I'd take a 4Runner over just about any SUV out there.

Toyotas rock. Now if I just wouldn't have sold mine.
:banghead:

Yeah - isn't the Liberty the same class as a Rav4?

NewChief
03-23-2005, 08:46 PM

I think Kia makes something comparable as well.
ROFL

Frosty
03-23-2005, 09:05 PM
For what it's worth, Consumer Reports gives the Liberty a "Recommended" and shows no problem areas in the used section back to it's '02 introduction. They have been very reliable so far (maybe the germans are rubbing off). My brother-in-law has had one for the last two years and has had zero problems with it. Most of the problems with Jeeps have been in the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler 4 cyl.

I didn't like the Liberty very much when I looked at them in '02. They seemed very heavy for their size and kind of lethargic off the line.

That said, the Liberty competes more with the Rav4 or the Highlander. The 4Runner is very nice but a full class up.

Rain Man
03-23-2005, 09:08 PM
The coolest-looking SUVs are the Land Cruisers, but ye gods, who can justify that price?

As an aside, do they still make Land Cruisers?

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 09:10 PM

I know they aren't the same class...but I like them both. I haven't ruled out a couple of others either, my problem is I want something roomy, but fast....I'm used to speed.

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 09:10 PM
The coolest-looking SUVs are the Land Cruisers, but ye gods, who can justify that price?

As an aside, do they still make Land Cruisers?www.toyota.com/landcruiser/

I think that's what my sister bought last year after she moved to hawaii.

bitch

htismaqe
03-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I have a Liberty, and it's one of the best true 4x4's out there...only the true off-road vehicles are better...

Rain Man
03-23-2005, 09:13 PM
I hate your sister. Rich brat.

Jenny Gump
03-23-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a Liberty, and it's one of the best true 4x4's out there...only the true off-road vehicles are better...

Who are you?

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I hate your sister. Rich brat.Yeah. She just decided she was sick of banking and "temporarily retired" to Hawaii at 35.

Actually she's just like me. Except she has money. And she lives in Hawaii.Who are you?htismaqe

Frosty
03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I know they aren't the same class...but I like them both. I haven't ruled out a couple of others either, my problem is I want something roomy, but fast....I'm used to speed.

If fast is what you want, the Liberty probably isn't it.

Hmmm... roomy and fast? Maybe you need one of these (http://www.dodge.com/magnum/) , with the Hemi.

Bowser
03-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I say the hell with it, splurge and get a fully loaded Tahoe. Your kids can go to State U.

Raiderhater
03-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I like Jeeps, but I would look at a Grand Cherokee, or a Wrangler. I just cannot decide if I like the
liberty or not....

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 09:25 PM
If fast is what you want, the Liberty probably isn't it.

Hmmm... roomy and fast? Maybe you need one of these (http://www.dodge.com/magnum/) , with the Hemi.Something tells me this Magnum (http://www.sex-toys.md/Product.aspx?PID=15004) is more her speed, judging by the pigtails comment earlier.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
If you've narrowed it down to those, 4Runner for sure--to repeat Morphius: better looks, resale, reliability, durability, and "fun to drive." :thumb:

If you haven't made it to your Honda dealer, you really owe it to yourself to check out their Pilot and CRV....Pilot's bigger, more SUV like; CRV....smaller, more sporty Minin-SUV. You really ought to if you haven't.... :hmmm:

go bo
03-23-2005, 09:36 PM
You know, I'm not embarassed to say that I enjoy masturbating. So you can just pull my pigtails and run off...I don't care. :ppull your pigtails? is that all?

on second thought, that's probably the best proposition that i've heard in a long time... :p :p :p

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 09:39 PM
that's probably the best proposition that i've heard in a long time...That's what phone sex lines are for.

So I've heard, at least.

go bo
03-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah, it's because she's running away. :Dooooooooooh...

good shot...

really good shot... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

PastorMikH
03-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I'd go for the Toyota without question.

The Toyota will be running long after the jeep dies and it will give you much less headache as well.

And, if you listen to the buy American crowd, here's the delima... Are you going to by the Japanese vehicle made in the USA by American workers or an American car made in Mexico by Mexican workers?

go bo
03-23-2005, 09:50 PM
That's what phone sex lines are for.

So I've heard, at least.friggin things are too expensive... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

keg in kc
03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
friggin things are too expensive... Damn. Well, that explains the credit card bill.

My, uhh, friend's credit card bill. That idiot.

go bo
03-23-2005, 09:52 PM

The Toyota will be running long after the jeep dies and it will give you much less headache as well.

And, if you listen to the buy American crowd, here's the delima... Are you going to by the Japanese vehicle made in the USA by American workers or an American car made in Mexico by Mexican workers?hmmmmmm...

like arsenio hall used to say, "things that make you go hmmmmm..."

PastorMikH
03-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, that explains the credit card bill.

My, uhh, friend's credit card bill. That idiot.

I guess that's what he gets for loaning it to you then.:)

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 10:05 PM
The 4-runner and Jetta are the ultimate woman autos. When you see one on the road 9 times out of 10...a female is driving them

Phobia
03-23-2005, 10:08 PM

Oh. Now you're speaking my language.

The wife used to own a Nissan Pathfinder LE - you want to test the LE model only. Take one out. Handles like a sportscar. Enjoy.

After she lost that vehicle in a Houston flood, we looked at the Acura MDX. It's more pricey, but it has a 3rd row seat and it rides even better than the Pathfinder. Unfortunately at that time there was a 6 month waiting list for the car. I doubt that's the case any longer.

morphius
03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh. Now you're speaking my language.

The wife used to own a Nissan Pathfinder LE - you want to test the LE model only. Take one out. Handles like a sportscar. Enjoy.

After she lost that vehicle in a Houston flood, we looked at the Acura MDX. It's more pricey, but it has a 3rd row seat and it rides even better than the Pathfinder. Unfortunately at that time there was a 6 month waiting list for the car. I doubt that's the case any longer.
I have been peeking at those as well lately, not bad looking, now all have 3 rows of seat and all of them lay down flat (except the drivers of course) and seem to have some good horse power.

Now all I need to do is not be so F'n broke.

Phobia
03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
I have been peeking at those as well lately, not bad looking, now all have 3 rows of seat and all of them lay down flat (except the drivers of course) and seem to have some good horse power.

Now all I need to do is not be so F'n broke.

I can promise that will probably be our next ride after we blow up the Yukon.

morphius
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I can promise that will probably be our next ride after we blow up the Yukon.
The only negative I could see on it was that it got worse gas milage then its competition.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2005, 10:35 PM
.... my problem is I want something roomy, but fast....I'm used to speed.

You REALLY need to test drive a Honda CRV if you haven't. Unless you want "bigger" then try the Pilot.

If you do, I'd bet you buy it. :hmmm:

stevieray
03-23-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd get a 2000/2001 Cherokee.

XXXshogunXXX
03-24-2005, 02:55 AM
4runner..my moms 2004 is faster and handles better than my 2004 accord..must be the V8. never buy american unless you like spending money on repairs...

Delano
03-24-2005, 03:02 AM
Fast and roomy?
Get a Cayenne..

http://www.ultracar.com/Porsche%20Cayenne/22%20inch%20cayenne.jpg

Abba-Dabba
03-24-2005, 03:48 AM
:drool:

Warrior5
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Jenny, Phobia gave you some good advice in checking out the edmunds web site. Tons of well-organized, easy to understand info on buying cars. You said you want something roomy and fast, but before you start shopping, you should identify what you need and what you can afford.

Agree with what everyone said about comparisons; Toyota equivalent of a Liberty is probably a RAV4, not a 4-Runner. Test-drove a RAV4 about 3 weeks ago; responsive, comfortable, versatile, dependable, and around $20k

Some Toyotas are now made in America by Americans, so if that's an important criterion, check it out.

Quality-wise, Toyota hands down.

Price-wise, for comparable vehicles, I propose that Toyota is again the winner.

Toyota 4-Runner is a great car, but $$$. Can you afford it, and do you need all that?

Honda CRV is also a great car, but I think they could've insulated it better. Test-drove one on the freeway and it was noisy. Haven't driven the Honda Pilot, but much $$$.

Again, recommend you figure out what your needs are, what you can afford, then check out edmunds.com.

Radar Chief
03-24-2005, 08:29 AM

And, if you listen to the buy American crowd, here's the delima... Are you going to by the Japanese vehicle made in the USA by American workers or an American car made in Mexico by Mexican workers?

Keep in mind that Jeep is now a Daimler product, so it’d be more accurate to call it German.

I say that about the Jeep, because Chrysler has tranny issues on just about everything they build. My wife had a 99 Durango with the 5.9l "heavy duty towing package". Apparently those trips to the soccer fields were just too much strain, the tranny gave up the goat in 60k miles. I've never wanted so badly to just set something on fire in my life.

DT

I can understand your dislike of Chrysler transmissions, lord knows I have no use for any of the Torqueflite trannys, but before buying the Mrs. ’04 Liberty I hung out at jeepsunlimited.com Liberty BB and none of them had any complaints about it. In fact the majority of common complaints centered around the Selec-Trac transfer case (the weakest of the three options), the CV’s on the independent front end and the general weakness of the Dana 35 rear. Although everyone that was complaining about these things had a few inches of lift with 31-35” tires and they’re all common complaints for any modified SUV.
The daily driven Pavement Princesses had no common complaints outside of what I’d consider routine maintenance.

99 Grand Prix GTP. Bought it new, and have put 180,000 miles on it in 6 years. Poor thing is about to poop out on me. Won't bring much in the trade, even though it has a sweet little supercharged V6.

Good Lord, :eek: why are you even looking at an SUV?
Here’s a suggestion. Buy yourself a good efficient car, Toyota’s and Honda’s come to mind first, for an everyday drive. You’re putting enough commuter miles on your vehicle that you’ll kill just about any SUV before you even get a chance to wheel it.
Then buy yourself a good used Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee, or if you prefer some other SUV as long as it has a solid front axle, for a weekend wheel’n toy.
Take your toy out and go adventuring. Then modify it to suit your needs as your wheel’n skills grow. It’s an addiction, I swear.