PDA

View Full Version : Bucknell shirts flying off shelves of Bucknell Bookstore

teedubya
03-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Yesterday on 810, they interviewed "Bucknell Betty" who has worked in the Bucknell bookstore for over 15 years. Apparently, Bucknell t-shirts are flying out the door in thousands.

with over 90%, she said... shipping to Missouri.

I dont care who you are, that shit is funny. [Not the KU loss, but the MUrons spending mad dollars on smaque.]

http://host1.sequoiap.com/webitemimages/220/W2372.jpg

beer bacon
03-24-2005, 02:53 AM
I agree. Bucknell really did kick the crap out of Kansas.

teedubya
03-24-2005, 02:54 AM
this shirt might be a little more subtle for your smack needs.

http://host1.sequoiap.com/webitemimages/220/W2298.jpg

I might buy one, so I can jump on the Bucknell bandwagon!! Yeah Bison!

[I have to laugh, so I dont cry. :deevee:]

DenverChief
03-24-2005, 04:27 AM
They were talking on sports radio herre the otehr day that the CU fans should all buy Bucknell shirts and wear em to the next CU KU BB game :rolleyes:

DaWolf
03-24-2005, 06:00 AM
The only hilarious thing about it is the idiocy of the fans buying the shirt thinking it is smack. It's only smack if you are a diehard Bucknell fan. It isn't smack when their own team didn't do it, yet alone make the tournament in the first place. It would be like a Chiefs fan talking smack to a Chargers fan after the Chargers lost in the first round of the playoffs, even though we didn't even make the playoffs and the Chargers beat us twice...

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 06:19 AM
They were talking on sports radio herre the otehr day that the CU fans should all buy Bucknell shirts and wear em to the next CU KU BB game :rolleyes:
Too bad there are no CU Basketball fans.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 08:02 AM
You know, I have been trying really, really hard to put that game out of my mind. Damn you, Ali. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/smashfreakB.gif

Spott
03-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Ah, the nerve of those people.

:)

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 08:17 AM
Where can you order these again?

Lzen
03-24-2005, 08:43 AM

Well, I really don't care. I would be doing the same thing if I were in their position. But the Mizzou fans, wtf? That's pitiful when you hang all you sports dreams on your rival losing. But whatever, that is the life of a Mizzou fan. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/geno/usuck.gif

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
On the way, thanks for the tip AliChiefs :thumb:

Pants
03-24-2005, 08:52 AM

Funny. Read what DaWolf said.

Skip Towne
03-24-2005, 08:57 AM
I heard the Troy State bookstore has a few left.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Funny. Read what DaWolf said.

I'm sure neither you nor DaWolf said a word about the Donkos getting destroyed in the playoffs yet again, either.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 08:58 AM
I heard the Troy State bookstore has a few left.

Actually I was thinking of calling up John Randle to see if he could set me up with some officially licensed Douglas county lockup gear.

Pants
03-24-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm sure neither you nor DaWolf said a word about the Donkos getting destroyed in the playoffs yet again, either.

Yeah, but I'm not buying any Colts gear. ROFL I am happy you are buying Bucknell shit and not MU. Bucknell pride!

ROYC75
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Blah, why try to live the past, it's behind us now !

teedubya
03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
The only hilarious thing about it is the idiocy of the fans buying the shirt thinking it is smack. It's only smack if you are a diehard Bucknell fan. It isn't smack when their own team didn't do it, yet alone make the tournament in the first place. It would be like a Chiefs fan talking smack to a Chargers fan after the Chargers lost in the first round of the playoffs, even though we didn't even make the playoffs and the Chargers beat us twice...

exactly.

GoChise, can you HONESTLY, NOT find the Bucknell bookstore online?

KcMizzou
03-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Blah, why try to live the past, it's behind us now !Heh.. you wish. This'll never be behind you.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Just think if MU fans saved all that money, and then spent it on tickets to watch their own team....

I received an email today that was titled "Important Safety Bulletin" ..... it had the "old universal symbol for choking" (a guy with his hands around his neck), and then a Jayhawk as the new symbol.

Kind of funny, but pretty dumb, too... not only with the it beign the Jayhawks' first first round loss in 20 years, but with all the other upsets last weekend it's not like this one was monumental :shrug: After all, we had our own poster saying this would happen way back during the preseason :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Heh.. you wish. This'll never be behind you.
You're right, this is a Ty Edney deal all the way.

KcMizzou
03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
What I find funny is that after your team shit it's drawers in the tourney... you're all worried about what Mizzou fans think.

It's not our fault you failed miserably. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans. 4321

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Yesterday on 810, they interviewed "Bucknell Betty" who has worked in the Bucknell bookstore for over 15 years. Apparently, Bucknell t-shirts are flying out the door in thousands.

with over 90%, she said... shipping to Missouri.

I dont care who you are, that shit is funny.
It's smacks of desperation on the part of MU fans... which is the funniest part of the whole thing.

ROYC75
03-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Still think we would have won if Langford would have drove to the hoop instead of pulling up short from 10 to shoot it. Think of this, up by 1, Langford misses, chance are he could have drew the foul, maybe even make the basket, worst case shooting 2 FT's.

KcMizzou
03-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Still think we would have won if Langford would have drove tot he hoop instead of pulling up short from 10 to shoot it. Think of this, up by 1, Langford misses, chance are he could have drew the foul, maybe even make the basket, worst case shooting 2 FT's.It shouldn't have been that close anyway. I feel bad for your seniors... they deserved better. Most of your fans..... don't.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 09:20 AM
It shouldn't have been that close anyway. I feel bad for your seniors... they deserved better. Most of your fans..... don't.
Oh boy... here we go on the fans being the bad guys again. I'm sorry but that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. We don't like a team because of it's fans. :rolleyes: Fans of every team are obnoxious sometimes. The only difference between KU and MU fans is that MU fans are jealous, petty and desperate on top of being obnoxious.

Skip Towne
03-24-2005, 09:25 AM
It shouldn't have been that close anyway. I feel bad for your seniors... they deserved better. Most of your fans..... don't.
I'd have to ask you how many teams do you know of that have a group of "fans" like the Antlers? KU certainly doesn't.

Skip Towne
03-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I'd have to ask you how many teams do you know of have a group of "fans" like the Antlers? KU certainly doesn't.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 09:30 AM
you're all worried about what Mizzou fans think.

Nobody's said How dare them?!?! ....nobody's shown anger or worry over Tiger fans buying the shirts. The whole point of the thread was to show how funny it was to see MU fans spending money on Bucknell for a cheap laugh.

It's funny.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Skip would have to ask you twice...how many schools have...

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah, but I'm not buying any Colts gear. ROFL I am happy you are buying Bucknell shit and not MU. Bucknell pride!

My closet is overflowing with MU gear, I really don't need anymore.

I'm sure you clowns have never spent money on anything meant to poke fun at anything. I'm sure none of you have ever had the ever-so-creative "muck fizzou" shirt, or anything like that. But damn those Antlers, wearing their big A shirts. How classless.

You guys might want to have your momma check your pampers, I think you messed them already.

But, as usual, after the tournament choke we're back to "look at MU, they are way more pathetic than us". Engrave that one with "2004-2005" and put it in your trophy case, I guess.

Frazod
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Ah, look at all the bitter little Gayhawks....

In other news, the shattered remains of the Titantic still lie strewn across the ocean floor.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 09:40 AM

I'm sure you clowns have never spent money on anything meant to poke fun at anything. I'm sure none of you have ever had the ever-so-creative "muck fizzou" shirt, or anything like that. But damn those Antlers, wearing their big A shirts. How classless.

You guys might want to have your momma check your pampers, I think you messed them already.

But, as usual, after the tournament choke we're back to "look at MU, they are way more pathetic than us". Engrave that one with "2004-2005" and put it in your trophy case, I guess.
ROFL ROFL

DaWolf
03-24-2005, 09:50 AM
I feel bad for your seniors... they deserved better.

I dunno. I mean Wayne played great, Lee played gutsy, and Langford was hurt, but throughout the year the fire didn't seem to be there. And now with Miles apparently telling Self as quoted in the Star today “All of us thought we would just turn it on at the end,” well I dunno if they didn't get what they deserved. And Miles' final game didn't really do much to help the cause...

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 09:52 AM
STFU, NOOBS!

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 09:54 AM
The article in the Star this morning on Self was really good and interesting IMO. I have always liked the guy.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 10:01 AM

Sounds like you got the makings of the next great CP get together...bonfire and beer! :p

I'm sure you clowns have never spent money on anything meant to poke fun at anything. I'm sure none of you have ever had the ever-so-creative "muck fizzou" shirt, or anything like that.

I certainly haven't. That would be a total waste of money. I don't have enough to waste it.

But, as usual, after the tournament choke we're back to "look at MU, they are way more pathetic than us".
Well....... they kind of are.................

ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Ah, look at all the bitter little Gayhawks....

In other news, the shattered remains of the Titantic still lie strewn across the ocean floor.

Who's bitter? All I see is us laughing at you.

Pants
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM

I haven't seen any of that on CP. Ever (I'm kind of new though). But I'm guessing that's just a standard thing to say for you guys every time KU loses.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah, the bitterness is overflowing ROFL

One last attempt (I'll try to type slowly and not use big words)... none of this is filling us with rage.

If you can't see the difference between a Muck Fizzou shirt and going to the Bucknell bookstore and buying their stuff....

Nothing can be said to make losing to Bucknell worse than it is.... it's hilarious that people are trying to rub in something that doesn't need rubbing in.

Which is just as pathetic as.... nm. :rolleyes:

It was a good article...
“One of the reasons people are so disappointed in our season is because we started 20-1,” Self said. “But were we really a 20-1 team, or did we just somehow win a lot of close games? Eventually everything caught up to us.
The biggest plus early in the season... being able to win the close games when we weren't playing well.... turned into not being able to close the deal.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 10:08 AM
The article in the Star this morning on Self was really good and interesting IMO. I have always liked the guy.

He's a good coach, but I think Roy's Raiders is going to start to stink a little less around here in the next couple of years.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Basketball is over. On to Pingball. Then football. That should be fun..ny.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I haven't seen any of that on CP. Ever (I'm kind of new though). But I'm guessing that's just a standard thing to say for you guys every time KU loses.
Not really, at the end of the day KU fans want to tell us we are irrelevent to them when they are good, and then want to make fun of us when they are having rough times.

IMO you can have one of the other you have earned it. But not both...

I don't think there is any "Rage" involved like Bearcat is mentioning on the KU side or has to be for my contention.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 10:12 AM
If you can't see the difference between a Muck Fizzou shirt and going to the Bucknell bookstore and buying their stuff....

What's the difference? A couple of dollars? I have the money, don't worry about that buckaroo.

Nothing can be said to make losing to Bucknell worse than it is.... it's hilarious that people are trying to rub in something that doesn't need rubbing in.

Yeah, such as losing to Davidson, Ricky Clemmons, Paige Sports Arena, and all those other things that don't need rubbing in. I'm sure none of the classy KU fans would have ever even mentioned any of those things.

Pants
03-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Not really, at the end of the day KU fans want to tell us we are irrelevent to them when they are good, and then want to make fun of us when they are having rough times.

IMO you can have one of the other you have earned it. But not both...

I don't think there is any "Rage" involved like Bearcat is mentioning on the KU side or has to be for my contention.

You are irrelevant to us. However, that stops when you come talking shit like some of you guys always do. Do you expect us to just ignore you and take the shit? We are nice but we don't want to miss out on the fun.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm going to be unbiased and relate this to the Chiefs-Broncos situation. Chiefs being the MUtts, and Broncos being the Jayhawks.

Broncos has a decent regular season, made the playoffs, and got slaughtered. We all laughed at them. Broncos fans retort saying "at least we were in the playoffs". We continued the laughter.

We, (chiefs fans) , are basically like the MU fans are. We had a shitty regular season, didn't make the playoffs, but have scoreboard, and have a right to laugh. The scoreboard is an integral part in it.

Just wait till next year, I spose. I don't think either KU or MU fans were happy with their season as a whole, nor were Chiefs or Broncos fans.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 10:17 AM
You are irrelevant to us. However, that stops when you come talking shit like some of you guys always do. Do you expect us to just ignore you and take the shit? We are nice but we don't want to miss out on the fun.
Who started this thread?

Pants
03-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Who started this thread?

I don't see it as talking shit, I see it as something funny. Just like it was funny when KU fans were buying Troy State shit.

beavis
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
ROFL

Now that's funny. A gheyhawk complaining about someone else talking smack.

As much as I'd like to think it would, I know there is no way in hell this will do any damage to any of your egos.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
TROY! Its not TROY STATE! AGGHHHHhH.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't see it as talking shit, I see it as something funny. Just like it was funny when KU fans were buying Troy State shit.

I didn't say it was talking shit...

Again...my only point is that its funny and makes you guys look stupid that when your team is up to act like we are irrelvent yet love to make fun of us when you take your lumps.

It is like saying you are way to good to get on some ugly chick yet you make that booty call when you are having a bad stint with the ladies.

Pants
03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
ROFL

Now that's funny. A gheyhawk complaining about someone else talking smack.

As much as I'd like to think it would, I know there is no way in hell this will do any damage to any of your egos.

lol, who's complaining? I was explaining my position to Zach.

And Saul, sorry, I messed up! Will you ever forgive my ignorance toward obscure schools?

Pants
03-24-2005, 10:30 AM

Again...my only point is that its funny and makes you guys look stupid that when your team is up to act like we are irrelvent yet love to make fun of us when you take your lumps.

It is like saying you are way to good to get on some ugly chick yet you make that booty call when you are having a bad stint with the ladies.

What? No, your basketball team is irrelevant to us - as in we don't go saying "at least we are better than Mizzou" (like some of you say we do). Our schools are rivals, however, are they not?

teedubya
03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I knew this thread would be good for the Border climate.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 10:33 AM
What? No, your basketball team is irrelevant to us - as in we don't go saying "at least we are better than Mizzou" (like some of you say we do). Our schools are rivals, however, are they not?
As I have said before...you can say we are irrelevent...you can make fun of us. You have earned either or...but when you do both you guys look like idiots. This comparison still applies.

WilliamTheIrish
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Cool. First we get the "It's tough to be a fan" thread immediately after the collapse.

You talked shiot all basketball season. Bucknell took you to the shed.

Deal with it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm going to be unbiased and relate this to the Chiefs-Broncos situation. Chiefs being the MUtts, and Broncos being the Jayhawks.

Broncos has a decent regular season, made the playoffs, and got slaughtered. We all laughed at them. Broncos fans retort saying "at least we were in the playoffs". We continued the laughter.

We, (chiefs fans) , are basically like the MU fans are. We had a shitty regular season, didn't make the playoffs, but have scoreboard, and have a right to laugh. The scoreboard is an integral part in it.

Just wait till next year, I spose. I don't think either KU or MU fans were happy with their season as a whole, nor were Chiefs or Broncos fans.
Comparing the Jayhawks to the Broncos is grounds for homocide. You're no longer my friend.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Cool. First we get the "It's tough to be a fan" thread immediately after the collapse.

Deal with it.
Took us to the shed?

ROFL

We lost by one. We took ourselves to the shed over the last third of the season. We deserved to lose because we didn't play KU basketball for whatever reason.

I'm dealing with it just fine.

WilliamTheIrish
03-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Comparing the Jayhawks to the Broncos is grounds for homocide. You're no longer my friend.

From the looks of this sentence, it appears Saul is about to be your dearly departed gay lover.
NTTAWWT.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 11:02 AM
:shake:

WilliamTheIrish
03-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Obviously, I should have been more specific when referring to the thread starter.

Apologies.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 11:29 AM

Deal with it.

Yeah, I'm sure it's tough to win the damn conference every year. Those poor, downtrodden, long-suffering Jayhawk fans. I mean it's been like 15 years since they won a title. Poor dears.

ChiefsOne
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM

Great comparison, Saul.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 11:41 AM
What's the difference? A couple of dollars? I have the money, don't worry about that buckaroo.

One is smack between two schools. The other is smack between two schools through a third school. It's one thing to say "hahaah, you lost to Bucknell".... but spending money on another school's accomplishment? "It's only $10" doesn't make it less dumb. It's been said about 5 times... it's like trying to have bragging rights over the Chargers because they lost in the playoffs, even though the Chiefs didn't make it at all. It just doesn't work.

Yeah, such as losing to Davidson, Ricky Clemmons, Paige Sports Arena, and all those other things that don't need rubbing in. I'm sure none of the classy KU fans would have ever even mentioned any of those things

I never said any of that didn't need more rubbing in, and I never said a KU fan has never rubbed any of that in.... and I've never gone out of my way to spread smack, so I don't really know what your point is.........

Yes, the billboard dedicated to MU's "accomplishments" under Snyder, and the KU alum creating paigesportsarena.com were also funny in the sense that people go to such great lengths for their 15 minutes of smack.

KChiefs1
03-24-2005, 11:41 AM

ROFL

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 11:56 AM
One is smack between two schools. The other is smack between two schools through a third school.

Ok, I'll remember to remind you of that anytime you mention a word about MU losing to a school besides Kansas.

Yes, the billboard dedicated to MU's "accomplishments" under Snyder, and the KU alum creating paigesportsarena.com were also funny in the sense that people go to such great lengths for their 15 minutes of smack.

So why the hell is that different than buying a $10 shirt? The billboard as I remember pointed to their mediocre finishes in the conference, of which Kansas usually only contributes one loss, two at most. That's smack through other schools.

In fact, I went to a game at Allen Fieldhouse a number of years ago and cheered for Oklahoma. Was there something wrong with that too? If enjoying watching your rival lose makes you some kind of bad sports fan, then I am guilty.

The shirt is a joke. Of course when you are the butt of a joke you don't find it as funny as the rest of us do. And this is why the joke is so amusing, because of the tantrums it illicits from the teary-eyed Jayhawk fans. Perhaps I should have ordered a case or two of blue and red pacifiers to go with it.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 12:00 PM
If enjoying watching your rival lose makes you some kind of bad sports fan, then I am guilty.

Everyone here is guilty. We all were Bengals fans when they embarassed the Donks on national television. We were all Bucs fans when they played the Raiders in the Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
03-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Speaking of t-shirts, the clown at Missouri State won't let any Missouri State merchandise be sold before August 28. The day it offically becomes a law. We will be in school for over a week then, alot of people in Springfield are throwing a stink about it.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Speaking of t-shirts, the clown at Missouri State won't let any Missouri State merchandise be sold before August 28. The day it offically becomes a law. We will be in school for over a week then, alot of people in Springfield are throwing a stink about it.
I don't think it is the school's fault...I think it is an offical NCAA thing. I coud br wrong.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:13 PM

There is a problem in your analysis

The Chiefs were expected to go to the Superbowl and failed to have a winning season. MU the expectations were they were not going to make the postseason and yet they did.

KU was a favorite to win it all. Denver to make the playoffs

Nice try.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Everyone here is guilty. We all were Bengals fans when they embarassed the Donks on national television. We were all Bucs fans when they played the Raiders in the Super Bowl.

That is true.

I guess the thing that I find really ignorant is that it appears that MU fans actually enjoy seeing KU lose more than they enjoy seeing MU win. I just don't get that. I guess when your team is successful, everyone likes to kick them when they get that rare opportunity.
:rolleyes:

Lzen
03-24-2005, 12:16 PM

Missouri State? What's this all about?

Saulbadguy
There is a problem in your analysis

The Chiefs were expected to go to the Superbowl and failed to have a winning season. MU the expectations were they were not going to make the postseason and yet they did.

KU was a favorite to win it all. Denver to make the playoffs

Nice try.
I'll counter with that, by saying there is much more parity in the NFL than there is in CBB. Just about every team expects the playoffs. There are 10 times more teams in CBB, and not as much parity.

If MU failed to make the postseason as expected, why do so many people want Quin Snyder gone? After all, you guys didn't expect to make the postseason..?

Saulbadguy
That is true.

I guess the thing that I find really ignorant is that it appears that MU fans actually enjoy seeing KU lose more than they enjoy seeing MU win. I just don't get that. I guess when your team is successful, everyone likes to kick them when they get that rare opportunity.
It may appear that way on here, but I guarantee you its not true.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Missouri State? What's this all about?
SMS got their name changed to "Missouri St." it will go into effect in August.

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
it appears that MU fans actually enjoy seeing KU lose more than they enjoy seeing MU win.
No way dude.

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 12:19 PM
That is true.

It's not that rare, it comes around every March like clockwork :p

Nah, I enjoy seeing MU win a lot more, it's just a much less frequent occurance in recent years. Liking seeing KU lose doesn't make me like seeing MU win any less.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I'll counter with that, by saying there is much more parity in the NFL than there is in CBB. Just about every team expects the playoffs. There are 10 times more teams in CBB, and not as much parity.

If MU failed to make the postseason as expected, why do so many people want Quin Snyder gone? After all, you guys didn't expect to make the postseason..?

They did make the postseason.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
They did make the postseason.
Coulda fooled me. Most MU fans i've talked to on here expect the NCAA tournament every year.

Raiderhater
03-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Cripple Fight!

Nice analogy. I like that.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Coulda fooled me. Most MU fans i've talked to on here expect the NCAA tournament every year.

But they did not expect it this year

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 12:28 PM

I would agree with that, if you mean that I consider no tournament appearance to be unacceptable.

I can't reasonably "expect" that we'll be there for a few years, though.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 12:29 PM
But they did not expect it this year
So Quin has done his job then, huh? No reason to get upset about not making the tournament.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Ok, I'll remember to remind you of that anytime you mention a word about MU losing to a school besides Kansas.

Since parity has taken over the NFL and college basketball, I'm not really for the "hahaha, you lost to [team]" ...so, okay.

So why the hell is that different than buying a $10 shirt? The billboard as I remember pointed to their mediocre finishes in the conference, of which Kansas usually only contributes one loss, two at most. That's smack through other schools.

I already agreed they were funny for the same reason :spock:

If enjoying watching your rival lose makes you some kind of bad sports fan, then I am guilty.

I've actually mentioned this quite a bit on this board... IMO, it sucks to be reduced to rooting against other teams. (I'm not talking about a regular season game... of course people have an interest in who wins or loses those games..... I'm talking about when your team isn't in the playoffs and you're reduced to rooting against other teams). Sure, I do it, because it makes watching games between two team I don't root for a better experience... because I can get into it. That said, it still sucks, because I'd rather see my team playing than watching someone else's team.

The shirt is a joke. Of course when you are the butt of a joke you don't find it as funny as the rest of us do. And this is why the joke is so amusing, because of the tantrums it illicits from the teary-eyed Jayhawk fans. Perhaps I should have ordered a case or two of blue and red pacifiers to go with it

Again, there's no anger. There's no tears. We've already lost to Bucknell. You're not going to make it worse.

By all means though, keep believing that you wasting your money on a tshirt is causing Kansas fans pain. It makes it funnier for us.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
So Quin has done his job then, huh? No reason to get upset about not making the tournament.

He lost 3 starters last year and had a young team this year. He did the best he could have done. Am I saying I am happy about this year? No I wish they made the NCAA. But you have to look at the team they had.

Last year they should have made it but with the Clemons saga going on and then Paige Sports it drains your team.

I know it is not the big dance but they did make the NIT.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Last year they should have made it but with the Clemons saga going on and then Paige Sports it drains your team.

Erm...the Paige Sports thing happened this year.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 12:45 PM
He lost 3 starters last year and had a young team this year. He did the best he could have done. Am I saying I am happy about this year? No I wish they made the NCAA. But you have to look at the team they had.

I know it is not the big dance but they did make the NIT.

Big deal. We can pull out plenty of excuses for KU this year, as well. Face it, neither team lived up to expectations. Therefore, both seasons were failure. Of course, Mizzou's was a much bigger failure. :p

|Zach|
03-24-2005, 12:46 PM
To be ok with and try to tell me that its ok that the University of Missouri did not make the NCAA tourn is foolish.

redbrian
03-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Since parity has taken over the NFL and college basketball, I'm not really for the "hahaha, you lost to [team]" ...so, okay.

I already agreed they were funny for the same reason :spock:

I've actually mentioned this quite a bit on this board... IMO, it sucks to be reduced to rooting against other teams. (I'm not talking about a regular season game... of course people have an interest in who wins or loses those games..... I'm talking about when your team isn't in the playoffs and you're reduced to rooting against other teams). Sure, I do it, because it makes watching games between two team I don't root for a better experience... because I can get into it. That said, it still sucks, because I'd rather see my team playing than watching someone else's team.

Again, there's no anger. There's no tears. We've already lost to Bucknell. You're not going to make it worse.

By all means though, keep believing that you wasting your money on a tshirt is causing Kansas fans pain. It makes it funnier for us.

For something that does not bother you, you sure are squawking a lot about it.

Now as far as being reduced to rooting against a rival, you are comparing apples and oranges.

Even when teams I support have winning seasons I still enjoy seeing a hated rival lose and lose in a way that is extremely humiliating (such as being beaten by a team from a conference which has never won a NCAA Tournament game, and has only five scholarship players who do not have scholarships for athletics but for academics, which means not only did they beat you at basketball they could whip KU’s butt’s in the classroom as well).

One does not negate the other.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Big deal. We can pull out plenty of excuses for KU this year, as well. Face it, neither team lived up to expectations. Therefore, both seasons were failure. Of course, Mizzou's was a much bigger failure. :p

Wrong. MU was not expected to do anything this year. And yet they did.

KU was expected to win it all and yet they bail out it the first round.

SO of course KU is the much bigger failure.

MU did live up to their expectations and exceeded it. KU failed.

Last year MU yeah they failed. But the expectations were higher for KU this year then MU last year so Of course KU was the bigger failure.

redbrian
03-24-2005, 12:49 PM

That is in the eye of the beholder, having the biggest loss in school history would seem to be the bigger failure.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Erm...the Paige Sports thing happened this year.

I know that. It affected them early on in the season And you can't blame that on Quin.

StcChief
03-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Bucknell Enjoy your Cinderella season it's about midnight.....

Eleazar
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM

No kidding.

Squawking like a hawk getting trampled by a Bison :D ROFL

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 01:19 PM

I ramble all the time about stuff I couldn't care less about, thankyouverymuch. :p

Some days are slower than others, so I need something to do until work is over ;)

(such as being beaten by a team from a conference which has never won a NCAA Tournament game, and has only five scholarship players who do not have scholarships for athletics but for academics, which means not only did they beat you at basketball they could whip KU’s butt’s in the classroom as well).

Good job! :thumb: I think the problem with the tshirt is that that it's all about Bucknell's accomplishment.... it's not smack against Kansas at all. It would be much more effective if you could put that on a tshirt.

Of course when you are the butt of a joke you don't find it as funny as the rest of us do. And this is why the joke is so amusing, because of the tantrums it illicits

I was just randomly thinking about this part, and I can think of some hilarious smack against my teams..... I thought Taco's Cubs logo that spelled Chiefs was really funny... as well as the "Coaching for idiots" book being held by DV.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM

Last year MU yeah they failed. But the expectations were higher for KU this year then MU last year so Of course KU was the bigger failure.
They did? What did they do? Produce a 16-16 record and sneak in to the NIT, and then lose to DePaul at HOME? (and only sold 5k tickets to the game) They sucked, plain and simple. They did nothing of value.

Yes, KU was expected to go far. Yes, KU was the bigger failure. However, MU failed as well. They did things this season they haven't done in quite awhile. Finish in the bottom half of the conference, finish without a winning record, LOSE TO K-STATE TWICE!!!!

BTW, funny how you didn't show up during the season AT ALL. You talked some smack in the preseason, and then disappeared, predictably. Now you are back again your retarded semantics.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I know that. It affected them early on in the season And you can't blame that on Quin.
Well, you cited that the Paige thing caused the meltdown last season. I was correcting you.

KcMizzou
03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, you cited that the Paige thing caused the meltdown last season. I was correcting you.What the hell happened to your rep? lol

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 02:13 PM
What the hell happened to your rep? lol
Heh. I don't know. Looks like i'm the target of my own rep conspiracy. Either that, or Ghostof packs a bigger punch than I thought. I'm at negative 32k. ROFL

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, you cited that the Paige thing caused the meltdown last season. I was correcting you.

Thanks Saul. I should have clarified that better.

KingPriest2
03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
They did? What did they do? Produce a 16-16 record and sneak in to the NIT, and then lose to DePaul at HOME? (and only sold 5k tickets to the game) They sucked, plain and simple. They did nothing of value.

Yes, KU was expected to go far. Yes, KU was the bigger failure. However, MU failed as well. They did things this season they haven't done in quite awhile. Finish in the bottom half of the conference, finish without a winning record, LOSE TO K-STATE TWICE!!!!

BTW, funny how you didn't show up during the season AT ALL. You talked some smack in the preseason, and then disappeared, predictably. Now you are back again your retarded semantics.

Just trying to lay low. As you can see I was right about KU. I made my comment laid low and I was correct.

MU was not a failure. It was not a success either if it makes you happy.

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
... Most of your fans..... don't.

I keep hearing this "your fans" are the worst....kinda crap.

What gives with that? KU fans are no better or no worse on average than fans of any other teams. Every team has loyal and supportive fans; every team has their share of morons.... :shrug:

KUs fans are simply in the spotlight more. Look me in the eyes, and tell me Mizzou fans are truly any better.... :hmmm:

dtebbe
03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Who cares? KANSASS LOST!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

DT

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2005, 02:54 PM

What gives with that? KU fans are no better or no worse on average than fans of any other teams. Every team has loyal and supportive fans; every team has their share of morons.... :shrug:

KUs fans are simply in the spotlight more. Look me in the eyes, and tell me Mizzou fans are truly any better.... :hmmm:

Someone? Anyone, have a response that is something other than a variation on "KU sucks"?

DJay23
03-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I hate the University of Missouri.

I strongly dislike most of their fans (at least when they are in Mizzou fan mode). That is the nature of our rivalry. I expect them to get their nipples all hard when KU chokes in the first round of the tourney. Have your day, because I reserve the right to do the same in return. I think most Mizzou fans are jealous, bitter, snippy little bitches. At the same time I can see why Mizzou fans think Jayhawk fans are arrogant, elitist, snotty assholes.

This thread warms my heart, because it only says that the Border War is alive and well.

I'm not so offended by Mizzou fans buying Bucknell shirts. Spend your money how you like. As Bearcat has stated, you can't make losing to Buck-****ing-nell any worse than it already is.

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM

It happens everytime we have a good old retard fight... all MU fans are morons, all Kansas fans are arrogant assholes. It will always be like that...

In "real life", I have intelligent conversations with a few Tiger fans, and try to avoid others at all cost due to their stupidity....... likewise, I have intelligent conversations with Jayhawk fans, and wonder why others think the sky is falling after every loss.... oh wait, we're all arrogant assholes :doh!:

Bearcat
03-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm not so offended by Mizzou fans buying Bucknell shirts. Spend your money how you like.

Quit crying! Jeez, calm down! Why are you so angry, it's just a tshirt!!

Lzen
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Well, I was referring to MU's season last year. But yeah, I get your point about KU losing in the 1st round. I was just making that comment because MU didn't even make the tourney this year and lost at home, in the NIT, to the first team they played.

But we could go on throwing this smack back and forth and never really accomplish anything. So just remember, KU owns you in football the last couple years. :D

BTW, I don't care what you say, most MU fans should expect a tournament appearance every year. Quinn has really drug down that program.

Lzen
03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Just trying to lay low. As you can see I was right about KU. I made my comment laid low and I was correct.

IMO, KU was playing well enough early in the season to win. If they had played in Feb/March like they played in Nov/Dec/Jan, they would still be in the NCAA tourney and would have a #1 seed (not that seeding matters much). For whatever reason, Self couldn't get those guys to play as well as they were capable of over the last 9 games. Going 3-6 over that span was sad, really. And to tell you the truth, I didn't expect KU to get very far in the tournament this year after those last 9 games.

I just hope this isn't a sign of Self's coaching abilities and for the future of the Jayhawks. But in the end, I'm just a fan who has no control over what they. I can only support my team by cheering them on and displaying my Jayhawks crimson and blue. Which I will continue to do (I am still wearing my KU hat and pullover this week).

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Next year is the year of the Purple. Write it down, bitches. :)

Lzen
03-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Next year is the year of the Purple. Write it down, bitches. :)

Pssshhhhaaa, we own you bitches. :p

Pants
03-24-2005, 05:35 PM

Good job, dude. But, seriously, where did you get such leet predicition skillz? Face it, if KU had won, you'd be saying - well, yeah, it's KU - they are supposed to beat shitty ass teams like Bucknell. But if KU lost (which they did), you'd look like a genius, except you don't. How can anyone trully predict a 20-1, #2 in the nation team losing in the first round? By pulling some random shit out of their bitter ass and hoping it happens. A lot of poeple like you were also predicting NC and Illinois to lose in the 1st round as well. F*cking Nastradamus.

KingPriest2
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Good job, dude. But, seriously, where did you get such leet predicition skillz? Face it, if KU had won, you'd be saying - well, yeah, it's KU - they are supposed to beat shitty ass teams like Bucknell. But if KU lost (which they did), you'd look like a genius, except you don't. How can anyone trully predict a 20-1, #2 in the nation team losing in the first round? By pulling some random shit out of their bitter ass and hoping it happens. A lot of poeple like you were also predicting NC and Illinois to lose in the 1st round as well. F*cking Nastradamus.

KU overachieved. They won some games they should not have won but they did win nonetheless. KU was just not clicking right. There was something about them that was not right.

KingPriest2
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Lzen
I But in the end, I'm just a fan who has no control over what they. I can only support my team by cheering them on and displaying my Jayhawks crimson and blue. Which I will continue to do (I am still wearing my KU hat and pullover this week).[/QUOTE]

How true and what every fan should do.

teedubya
03-24-2012, 01:21 AM
What I find funny is that after your team shit it's drawers in the tourney... you're all worried about what Mizzou fans think.

It's not our fault you failed miserably. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans. 4321

Mizzou's loss to Norfolk couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans.

03-24-2012, 01:37 AM
What a insane bump.

KC_Connection
03-24-2012, 01:40 AM
That Norfolk loss is never going to stop being hilarious, I don't think.

Fritz88
03-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Football school. /MUron

Confetti. I love the confetti. Do you love confetti?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
03-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Mizzou's loss to Norfolk couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans.LMAO

Jesus, 7 year bump?

Dave Lane
03-24-2012, 07:35 AM
That's a huge bump, but that was an epic huge loss possibly the greatest upset ever, until a number one seed loses to a number 16 seed.