PDA

View Full Version : B-E... Energy Beer....

Vegas_Dave
03-24-2005, 01:26 PM
So I think I will have to try it out of morbid curiosity. This is Budweiser's "energy drink". Beer, caffeine, guarine, (aka Beereine).

Anyone here tried it?

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I bought some on accident.

Drank 3 no buzz, the 4th still in the frig.

Don't drink it thinking it tastes like beer, because it don't.
Not bad, but not good either.

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Yes and it's nasty... DO NOT let it get anywhere above 35 degrees fahrenheit.

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Yes and it's nasty... DO NOT let it get anywhere above 35 degrees fahrenheit.

I don't see how you could the can is the size of a shot glass.

luv
03-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I was at a bar a few weeks ago, tried it, and loved it. I found it at the store, bought it, not quite the same though. It barely tastes like beer. To me, it tastes more like Red Bull or something. I think it's good to have mixed in with other drinks whenever you go out. Ya know, the whole energy thing. That and a 4-pk of cans costs more than a 6-pk of domestic bottled beer.

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't see how you could the can is the size of a shot glass.

The one's we had were 10-12 oz cans.

luv
03-24-2005, 01:37 PM

The cans I bought were 10-oz cans.

MichaelH
03-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I haven't purchased any because I refuse to drink that other clydesdale piss that Anheiser Busch produces. It's a marketing gimmick. Beer should taste like beer, not like Sorbe tea. FREAKS STFU

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 02:07 PM

The one I got in the fridge is 10 oz.

That's the size of my shot glass.

:)

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
The one I got in the fridge is 10 oz.

That's the size of my shot glass.

:)

Nice! :D

CosmicPal
03-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I suppose if I drank a dozen of these beers, my alcohol level would be .20, yet I would be able to dance a straight line, recite the alphabet in under five seconds, follow the pen for an hour w/out falling over, and pretty much teach the officers a few dance routines without fail.

You'll be drunk w/out actually being drunk

nmt1
03-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Tastes a bit like Red Bull but is terrible when it gets warm. It's not a beer drinkers beer by any means.

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I suppose if I drank a dozen of these beers, my alcohol level would be .20, yet I would be able to dance a straight line, recite the alphabet in under five seconds, follow the pen for an hour w/out falling over, and pretty much teach the officers a few dance routines without fail.

You'll be drunk w/out actually being drunk

Which as we all know would be incredibly boring.

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Every drinker knows the best energy drink on the market...Tequila.

jcroft
03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
If you're looking for some stiumlant+depressant fun, why don't you show some respect for the original: Red Bull and Vokda?

In the immortal words of Eminem, all the rest are just imitatin'...

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Red Bull+Jager is the way to go.

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 02:23 PM

I strongly disagree, Last shot of teguila I had I wound up curled next to a yard ornament of a troll or something. I accidently swallowed the worm.

luv
03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
If you're looking for some stiumlant+depressant fun, why don't you show some respect for the original: Red Bull and Vokda?

In the immortal words of Eminem, all the rest are just imitatin'...

Red Bull by itself isn't all that great. Jager by itself. . .NASTY! But put the two together? MMMMMMMMM. . .
Red Bull and vodka is really good too. But "Red Bull" and beer? Depends on how tipsy I am when I drink it. :p

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I strongly disagree, Last shot of teguila I had I wound up curled next to a yard ornament of a troll or something. I accidently swallowed the worm.

tsk tsk...that wasnt Tequila, that was Mezcal. Tequila has no worm.

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
tsk tsk...that wasnt Tequila, that was Mezcal. Tequila has no worm.

What ever it was IT FREAKING HURT for 2 days.

I can't handle the hard stuff anymore, stick to my beer.

KCTitus
03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
What ever it was IT FREAKING HURT for 2 days.

I can't handle the hard stuff anymore, stick to my beer.

Heh...I hear you. I stay away from the blue agave...

J Diddy
03-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Heh...I hear you. I stay away from the blue agave...

The only good thing is that it was at a party and I passed out in the garden far enough from the house that nobody could screw with me....

chiefsfolife
03-24-2005, 02:37 PM
i alwayz like jack and "coke" ;)

JamSec128
03-24-2005, 03:15 PM
B E taste nothing like Red Bull, I like Red Bull. I am addicted to Red Bull, I go through almost case a week (no joke, it is the only reason I have a Costco membership). Red Bull has a sweeter/ sour white grape like taste to it. Tried B E one drunk night at FUEL in OP, liked it that night, so I got some more at the store.. About puked B E has NASTY Raspberry and coffee bean mixed taste.

I would say B E is like a fat girl, you have to try it once and you are unsure, then you try it one last time to make sure you didn't like it....

Braincase
03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Big thing in Europe is B&C - Beer and Cola. Don't just be drunk! Be a wide awake drunk!

Strange, and no, I didn't try it. When in Germany, stick with the Pilsner.

big nasty kcnut
03-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Tried it for free last thursday. Not bad but it something i wouldn't try again.

teedubya
03-24-2005, 04:08 PM
stuff like this is why Boulevard Beer is becoming so profitable... while Budweiser and Miller try to take on this gh3y shit, New Belgium and Boulevard are putting out quality beer.

what a concept, eh?

Marco Polo
03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I can see how some people don't like it, but all of my friends absolutely love it. While I'd prefer a nice Red Bull & Vodka, bars these days don't want to put any Red Bull in it so they fill it up with Vodka to the brim. Plus, the bars I go, RB & V are around $6. B to the E (we call our Buddy...get it, Bud "E"? shut up.) on the other hand is around $2.50 and I'll be just as wired and drunk by the end of the night. The only problem with it I have is that it wakes me up around 4 am and gets my heart racing. So it is advised to only have one or two and drink it early in the night.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
stuff like this is why Boulevard Beer is becoming so profitable... while Budweiser and Miller try to take on this gh3y shit, New Belgium and Boulevard are putting out quality beer.

what a concept, eh?
I don't think this particular beer du jour will last long, however the only innovation i've seen from bud/coors/miller is to make beer taste more like water. "Less filling, less carbs, less calories!" Blah.

Rausch
03-24-2005, 05:15 PM

Whatever...the best thing that $#it's used for is lighter fluid...

jcroft
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Red Bull+Jager is the way to go.

Yes, Jager Bombs are always a winner.

Sure-Oz
03-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Seeing the title i thought this was started by Endelt.

Valiant
03-24-2005, 07:11 PM

what a concept, eh?

It all depends... When i am the sober person i drink Bud light... When i am the bar to get shitty i drink my boulevard wheat...

Is New Belgium the one with the fields on wheat on the label.. IF so they make a tasty wheat as well...

Delano
03-24-2005, 07:15 PM
I would say B E is like a fat girl, you have to try it once and you are unsure, then you try it one last time to make sure you didn't like it....

Nice... I can see doing it while drunk but not again in the morning.

CoMoChief
03-24-2005, 08:21 PM
They made this so called energy drink so people can have enough energy and alertness to drive home from the bars drunk at 4am.

Dayze
03-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I drink beer to unwind.......

That's like smoking a doober before you workout.
Counter-productive.