PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Geeks... What do you think about...

Taco John
03-24-2005, 09:46 PM
...the story being spoiled by the cartoons? They've got these 10 minute cartoons every day on the Cartoon Network, and I'm stoked while watching them... But they seem to be spilling the beans like they're in a Mexican food fight.

I can't decide if I like knowing the story before I go in, or if I'd rather be suprised by it... I'm not certain what I think of the strategy on Lucasfilms part.

I will say this... If the movie is anywhere close to as cool as the cartoon is, this could be the best Star Wars evar.

Frazod
03-24-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't think it matters. We already know how it ends - there's just the matter of filling in the little details.

Only questions I really have are (1) how will Padme die, and (2) how much will Jar Jar suffer before he dies. :grr:

Valiant
03-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't think it matters. We already know how it ends - there's just the matter of filling in the little details.

Only questions I really have are (1) how will Padme die, and (2) how much will Jar Jar suffer before he dies. :grr:

1. childbirth...

2. you wont see it...

Hercules Rockefell
03-24-2005, 09:58 PM
...the story being spoiled by the cartoons? They've got these 10 minute cartoons every day on the Cartoon Network, and I'm stoked while watching them... But they seem to be spilling the beans like they're in a Mexican food fight.

I can't decide if I like knowing the story before I go in, or if I'd rather be suprised by it... I'm not certain what I think of the strategy on Lucasfilms part.

I will say this... If the movie is anywhere close to as cool as the cartoon is, this could be the best Star Wars evar.

The point of the Clone Wars is to bridge the gap between AOTC and ROTS, almost a prequel to ROTS.

and I think they're great.

Cannibal

My wife and I watched one of the 15 min. shorts today and were asking ourselves the same question.

It kinda pisses me off.

keg in kc
I'll be interested to see what relevence they actually have to the film, if any. Because the reality is that they can't make it so people who don't watch the cartoon won't get the movies.

Spoilers from the cartoon below, so stop reading if you care about that...

I am surprised, though, that some of the things were in the cartoon, rather than the film. Like the knighting, and 3POs gold plating, and Grievous slaughtering everyone and the kidnapping. It'll be interesting to watch.

And I'm trying not to get my hopes up about the film, but it's hard. The trailer was so good, and this is really the only film I cared about, anyway, watching the birth of Darth Vader.

Frazod
1. childbirth...

2. you wont see it...

1. Doesn't mesh with what Leia said about her in ROTJ. She had memories of her - "Images, mostly. She was very beautiful, and very sad."

2. God, I hope so.

Hercules Rockefell
03-24-2005, 10:05 PM
1. Doesn't mesh with what Leia said about her in ROTJ. She had memories of her - "Images, mostly. She was very beautiful, and very sad."

It'll be explained away somehow to mesh it with Leia's quote, but giving birth or right after it is where Padme dies.

Frazod
03-24-2005, 10:05 PM
It'll be explained away somehow to mesh it with Leia's quote, but giving birth is where Padme dies.

Well that's LAME. :shake:

Taco John
03-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Spoilers from here on... If you don't want spoilers probably should click out

There... That takes care of that...

I'm not convinced yet that this is a prequel of sorts... They are way too deep in the story for it to be that, by my estimation. I think they are delivering the goods here... I could be wrong... But damn... There's a lot of story being told here. The action in the shorts are fantastic.

keg in kc
03-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't know why, but I'm having a harder time getting into these than the ones last year. I'll give it a week and watch them again, though.

Hercules Rockefell
03-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not convinced yet that this is a prequel of sorts... They are way too deep in the story for it to be that, by my estimation. I think they are delivering the goods here... I could be wrong... But damn... There's a lot of story being told here. The action in the shorts are fantastic.

I'm not sure about the first 20, even though Lucasfilm made them and I'm sure Lucas oversaw it, but I think Lucas himself is writing this set. You've got a few years to bridge in there between the AOTC and ROTS, and ROTS has a ton of stuff that must be squeezed in without making it Return of the King long.

Taco John
03-24-2005, 10:14 PM
I *WISH* it was Return of the Kings long...

keg in kc
03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I *WISH* it was Return of the Kings long...As long as it's Return of the King good. I don't want a four hour Phantom Menace.

Taco John
03-24-2005, 10:18 PM
As long as it's Return of the King good. I don't want a four hour Phantom Menace.

I hear ya... But I'm tellin' ya... I've got faith in this one. I think that there is so much story and action here that even Lucas couldn't screw it up. Well, yeah he could... But I don't think he does. I'm going in with high expectations, and I expect that they will be paid off with galactic irony and enough lightsaber battles to keep me coming back.

el borracho
03-24-2005, 11:13 PM
If they are true star wars geeks, they already know the story (and therefore it cannot be spoiled).

Spicy McHaggis
03-24-2005, 11:21 PM

I was under the impression that Leia only knew her adoptive parents, the Organa family.

Ultra Peanut
03-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Wolverine wouidl evtnually triumpoh over barman becayuse a healiogn faCTOR WPOULD PREVAIL OVER PARPARATION AND TACTICS:

Frazod
03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
I was under the impression that Leia only knew her adoptive parents, the Organa family.

No, Luke asked her about her "real" mother.

Ultra Peanut
03-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Teej has made almost a third of the posts in the two "Star Wars Geeks" threads.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD ALEEEEEEEERT!!

Taco John
03-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Teej has made almost a third of the posts in the two "Star Wars Geeks" threads.

ROFL

YOU COUNTED THEM!

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2005, 12:01 AM
ROFL

YOU COUNTED THEM!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD ALEEEEEEEERT!!YOU HAVE ME NOW BUT I WILL THINK OF A WITTY COMEBACK A FEW DAYS FROM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ALEEEEEEEEEERT!!

Taco John
03-25-2005, 12:08 AM
NOT IF I SAY SOMETHING COOL HERE TO FINISH YOU OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2005, 12:18 AM
LALALALALALALALALA ALEEEEEEEEEEEEEERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digi2fish
03-25-2005, 12:32 AM
this thread is worthless without gochiefs

keg in kc
03-25-2005, 12:33 AM
this thread is worthless without gochiefsYou left the word "less" out between "is" and "worthless".

digi2fish
03-25-2005, 12:36 AM
You left the word "less" out between "is" and "worthless".

the language is getting complicated for an asian....
:banghead:

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Vader will kill Padme.

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
the language is getting complicated for an asian....
:banghead:We're just trying to trap you and sell your kidneys for a ton of money.

When you wake up, the first thing you'll see is "CALL 911 NOW!" scrawled into a mirror in lipstick.

KCWolfman
03-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Were the Animatrix a real prequel to the Matrix trilogy?

Taco John
03-25-2005, 02:18 AM

Mmmmmmm! A previous example... You know, I can't believe I've never seen that whole thing. I should be ashamed. I'm terrible at being a geek!

Still, I am convinced that at least from episode 20 on, they are telling the real story. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't believe that they'd just gloss over the invasion of the Capital with a cartoon prequel... Or Anakin's final trials... Or 3PO's gold plating... Or the evacuation of Palpatine with Grevious chasing them... The training of Grevious... etc.

There's just too much legitimate story, that I think this is less pre-quel, and more pre-spoilers...

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 06:52 AM
yes

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
They aren't covering the same story material as the movie, so no, they aren't spoiling anything.

Some things that we see in Episode III are explained by the cartoons, such as Anakin's scar, his gauntlet, General Greivous, etc.

There's alot of good "expanded universe" material out there. Read Shadows of the Empire. Set between the events of ESB and ROTJ.

The Dark Empire comics or Timothy Zahn's novels would make for a great Episodes 7-9.

Taco you'd probably love the Dark Empire series if you haven't read them. It's easily the darkest stuff in the SW universe ever penned.

Hercules Rockefell
03-25-2005, 01:01 PM
The Dark Empire comics or Timothy Zahn's novels would make for a great Episodes 7-9.

I'd like to Zahn's books be 7-9 to see Thrawn

beavis
03-25-2005, 01:48 PM
There's just too much legitimate story, that I think this is less pre-quel, and more pre-spoilers...
I really find that hard to believe, as secretive as Lucas has been in the past.

Taco John
03-27-2005, 02:47 AM
It looks like I was dead wrong:

From the website:

"This final installment of Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume II takes viewers right to the start of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."

Taco John
03-27-2005, 02:54 AM
Taco you'd probably love the Dark Empire series if you haven't read them. It's easily the darkest stuff in the SW universe ever penned.

I don't have much time to read fiction these days, but that could change someday. I might as well get them in the Library for a rainy day...

Where do I start?

keg in kc
03-27-2005, 02:55 AM
John, Dark Empire's a comic mini-series from Dark Horse about a decade ago.

Taco John
03-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Well, this one, "Empire's End" is selling for a mere $175... (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1569713065/qid=1111913432/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-9489707-0748039?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Taco John
03-27-2005, 02:59 AM
John, Dark Empire's a comic mini-series from Dark Horse about a decade ago.

Ah... Thanks... 1AM, and I've got a brain-splitting headache... Reading comprehension seems to be down.

ARTOO! Convert power to the comprehension thrusters! Set a course for the refridgerator! I've got a full reserve of Guinness there to battle these forces with!

BIG_DADDY
03-27-2005, 03:03 AM
... But they seem to be spilling the beans like they're in a Mexican food fight.

Blasphemy, Darth never liked beans on his Tacos. This really pisses me off.

Taco John
03-27-2005, 03:10 AM
They aren't covering the same story material as the movie, so no, they aren't spoiling anything.

Some things that we see in Episode III are explained by the cartoons, such as Anakin's scar, his gauntlet, General Greivous, etc.

There's alot of good "expanded universe" material out there. Read Shadows of the Empire. Set between the events of ESB and ROTJ.

Alright... I can read comics... Sounds like a great way to waste time and make my wife think she married the biggest dork alive at the same time. I've got both Shadows and Dark Empire headed my way... :)

teedubya
03-27-2005, 08:37 AM
i downloaded and watched 1-20 with my son... he loves them. Funny how he wants to watch Stah Waws... none of the new episodes for him though. Only the old school good ones.

Hercules Rockefell
03-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a great way to waste time and make my wife think she married the biggest dork alive at the same time.

You run an internet message board, does she not think that already?

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Alright... I can read comics... Sounds like a great way to waste time and make my wife think she married the biggest dork alive at the same time. I've got both Shadows and Dark Empire headed my way... :)

Ugh, you didn't have to shell out for them. You can download a huge archive of SW comics from the net.

http://trackerwww.prq.to/download.php/3301865/Star%20Wars%20Complete%20Cartoons.torrent

I would suggest reading the Shadows of the Empire NOVEL before the comic book.

I'd also check out the Classic Star Wars series. It originally ran as a one strip daily in the newspaper back in the 80s I believe. Dark Horse collected them all and formatted them into a monthly comic series, and I freakin' bought all 28 issues back in the mid 90s.

http://www.erbzine.com/mag8/csw1.jpg

Sure-Oz
03-27-2005, 02:26 PM
i bought the clone wars dvd, and a friend recorded vol 2.

4th and Long
03-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Found this "elsewhere."

Season 3 of Star Wars: Clone Wars.

To Save to your Hard Drive; Right Click and Save As
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter21_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter22_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter23_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter24_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter25_320_dl.mov

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Found this "elsewhere."

Season 3 of Star Wars: Clone Wars.

To Save to your Hard Drive; Right Click and Save As
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter21_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter22_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter23_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter24_320_dl.mov
http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/chapter25_320_dl.mov

I'm not even bothering until they're all out.

oaklandhater
03-27-2005, 03:06 PM

(1) she is froce Choked bye anakin at the end of the movie when her and obi wan go look for him after he Kills the jedi temple
(2) dont know yet but have my hopes up

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Jar Jar is reportedly only in the movie at the very end. He does not suffer nor die.

4th and Long
03-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Jar Jar is reportedly only in the movie at the very end. He does not suffer nor die.
Well f*ck!!! So much for this being a great flick!!!

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Well f*ck!!! So much for this being a great flick!!!

You're not funny.

Bowser
03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I think they should rip that scene from A Lost Hope, where Jar Jar gets perforated by a hundred toxic darts.

Bowser
03-27-2005, 04:07 PM
How many seasons are there of the animated Clone Wars, and isthere a place I may download them from?

Frazod
03-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I think they should rip that scene from A Lost Hope, where Jar Jar gets perforated by a hundred toxic darts.

Lightsaber through the head. Anything else will piss me off. :#

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 04:12 PM
How many seasons are there of the animated Clone Wars, and isthere a place I may download them from?

The torrent link is in this thread.

I still think Lucas should edit in a shot of Jar Jar on alderaan right before the Death Star pops it in ANH. :evil:

Bowser
03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
The torrent link is in this thread.

I still think Lucas should edit in a shot of Jar Jar on alderaan right before the Death Star pops it in ANH. :evil:

Only if it shows Bail Organa with his hands around his throat screaming "YOUSA LIKEA THISA, BITCHA????"

:thumb:

Tribal Warfare
03-27-2005, 05:02 PM
I thought the Anakin Tribal Tattoo was badass

Darkwolfe
03-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I thought the Anakin Tribal Tattoo was badass

Cool enough, but would you let those things crawl all over you?

Deberg_1990
03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
I just watched the whole thing last nite on Cartoon Network. I was quite surprised myself at the stuff contained in the cartoons. I cant wait to see General Grievous kick some ass on the big screen. Lucas has gone on record as saying he never wanted to show the bulk of the actual battles of the Clone Wars in the movies so i guess these cartoons were meant to bridge the gap? Who knows what the heck Lucas thinks sometimes????

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
I just watched it all after realizing that's apparently it for volume 2?

Cool stuff.

Lucas opted to show the actual "clone wars" offscreen because the story isn't about the republic and the clone wars. It's about Anakin.

Deberg_1990
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Lucas opted to show the actual "clone wars" offscreen because the story isn't about the republic and the clone wars. It's about Anakin.

Yea, ive heard him mention that before too. Plus it would take 12 hours to show "Everything" Its too bad he couldnt have cast better actors to play Anakin though. I have yet to be impressed at all with Hayden Christianson or the little boy who played him as a child. For me, Ewen McGregor is practically holding the prequels together by himself. He has been pretty amazing as Obi-Wan

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Yea, ive heard him mention that before too. Plus it would take 12 hours to show "Everything" Its too bad he couldnt have cast better actors to play Anakin though. I have yet to be impressed at all with Hayden Christianson or the little boy who played him as a child. For me, Ewen McGregor is practically holding the prequels together by himself. He has been pretty amazing as Obi-Wan

Hayden's actually a pretty good actor. Check him out in "Life as a House."

The dialogue and direction he has been given sucks.

Deberg_1990
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM

I saw that movie too and didnt think he was all that good in that either....oh well, its all subjective I guess...........Your right though, Lucas has never been known as an "actors" director.

Saulbadguy
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Ugh, you didn't have to shell out for them. You can download a huge archive of SW comics from the net.

http://trackerwww.prq.to/download.php/3301865/Star%20Wars%20Complete%20Cartoons.torrent

I would suggest reading the Shadows of the Empire NOVEL before the comic book.

I'd also check out the Classic Star Wars series. It originally ran as a one strip daily in the newspaper back in the 80s I believe. Dark Horse collected them all and formatted them into a monthly comic series, and I freakin' bought all 28 issues back in the mid 90s.

http://www.erbzine.com/mag8/csw1.jpg
I used to have a bunch of SW comics. Some of the "Old Republic" ones were pretty good. I sold all my SW books/comics off a few months ago, though.

Bowser
03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Did they ever do a cartoon about Rogue Squadron, or is that just wishful thinking?

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Did they ever do a cartoon about Rogue Squadron, or is that just wishful thinking?

http://ublib.buffalo.edu/lml/comics/pages/images/starwarsxwings.jpg

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2005, 01:20 AM

I would've selected another unknown Smallville's Tom Welling

HC_Chief
03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Anyone catch Robot Chicken last night on Adult Swim? It was hilarious.

{Cloud City Vader/Luke lightsaber duel scene where Darth reveals he's Anakin}

Darth: "...no, <i>I</i> am your father!"
Luke: "NOOOO, that can't be! That's Impossible!!"

Darth: "And Leia, she's you're sister!"
Luke: "? Uhh, that's improbable"

Darth: "And the Empire? That will be defeated by Ewoks"
Luke: "! That's highly unlikely"

{Cut to several minutes later... Darth sipping coffee, Luke having a smoke}

Darth: "...and when I was a kid, I built C3P0."
Luke: "Look, if you're not going to take this seriously I'm leaving" {walks off}

:D

Valiant
03-28-2005, 04:15 PM

Really is that why McGregor does well in SW... Hayden is just a bad actor...

And i support tom welling, smallville is one of the best series made... that whole cast is great...

Deberg_1990
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
... Hayden is just a bad actor...

Agreed. Lucas did a horrible job of casting the actors to play Anakin. Amazing considering Anakin is supposed to be the "key" figure of the whole series.....btw, why did Lucas insert Hayden at the end of ROTJ??? I dont understand that one??

Hammock Parties
03-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Really is that why McGregor does well in SW... Hayden is just a bad actor...

And i support tom welling, smallville is one of the best series made... that whole cast is great...

Natalie Portman is a fantastic actor and she looked like one of the worst actresses ever in Episode II.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Natalie Portman is a fantastic actor and she looked like one of the worst actresses ever in Episode II.

Agreed......Im not sure what her problem is yet?? I guess Lucas isnt giving her very good direction because so far shes been rather stiff and stilted

Taco John
03-28-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm not even bothering until they're all out.

If I'm not mistaken, episode 25 was the last one, which leads right into the movie...

Taco John
03-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Personally, I think Hayden plays the role well... I'm looking forward to this second one...

Hammock Parties
03-28-2005, 05:16 PM
If I'm not mistaken, episode 25 was the last one, which leads right into the movie...

Yeah I figured that out last night and watched them all. Cool stuff. General Greivous is going to OWN Episode III.

His backstory is awesome stuff as well. Check it out:

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3408&sid=1d9f35a03407ff170b8f576ac6815fec

Chan93lx50
03-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Who do you think destroys Greivous? He is one bad mofo!

Deberg_1990
03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Who do you think destroys Greivous? He is one bad mofo!

Well, Obi-Wan took care of Darth Maul, so i imagine he will take down Grevious as well. I cant wait to see that clash! Or the Anakin/Obi-Wan battle...oh man, May 19th cant get here fast enough!!

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:16 PM

Only questions I really have are (1) how will Padme die, and (2) how much will Jar Jar suffer before he dies. :grr:Padme will die while giving birth to the force twins.

Jar Jar will be brought before the Emperor as an incomplete Jedi in an effort to turn him to the Dark side, the Emperor says, "So be it, Jedi" and proceeds to zap the chit out of him until he dies. Sorry, but Darth Vader is not Jar Jar's father, so no such luck for him getting bailed out, and he dies very painfully with all that purple shit cascading all over his pitiful amphibian, frog tounged body.

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:17 PM
1. childbirth...

2. you wont see it...Too bad, a cvnt shot of Natalie Portman giving birth wouldn't be too bad. :p

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:19 PM

2. God, I hope so.That could have been the force telling her that.

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I hear ya... But I'm tellin' ya... I've got faith in this one. I think that there is so much story and action here that even Lucas couldn't screw it up. Well, yeah he could... But I don't think he does. I'm going in with high expectations, and I expect that they will be paid off with galactic irony and enough lightsaber battles to keep me coming back.Its scary, but this is the second time I have agreed with Taco in the same week. :p

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:31 PM
No, Luke asked her about her "real" mother.Then, later, Luke told her he was her Brother, and she said, "Funny, some how I have always knows." And if thats the case, then when she romantically kissed him in ESB, then it was kind of an incestuous thing eh?

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 06:31 PM
this thread is worthless without gochiefsROFL

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Blasphemy, Darth never liked beans on his Tacos. This really pisses me off.Yeah, he puts me in the mind of someone who would like Gungan sausages.

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I just watched the whole thing last nite on Cartoon Network. I was quite surprised myself at the stuff contained in the cartoons. I cant wait to see General Grievous kick some ass on the big screen. Lucas has gone on record as saying he never wanted to show the bulk of the actual battles of the Clone Wars in the movies so i guess these cartoons were meant to bridge the gap? Who knows what the heck Lucas thinks sometimes????Yeah, he's from Modesto, California.

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Agreed. Lucas did a horrible job of casting the actors to play Anakin. Amazing considering Anakin is supposed to be the "key" figure of the whole series.....btw, why did Lucas insert Hayden at the end of ROTJ??? I dont understand that one??Who knows wtf Hayden will look like when he's 50+

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, Obi-Wan took care of Darth Maul, so i imagine he will take down Grevious as well. I cant wait to see that clash! Or the Anakin/Obi-Wan battle...oh man, May 19th cant get here fast enough!!This is what I think I know, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these suppositions.

The Evil Emperor, Lord Sidious=Senator Palpatine in drag

Count Dukoo= Darth Maul's replacement apprentice to Sidious
Is leading the separatist movement which is designed secretly to weaken the Jedi's numbers as they try to protect Palpatine/Emperor

General Grievious=Dukoo's replacement

Anakin slays grievious/and completes his journey to the Dark side and takes his place. Faked kidnapping of Palpatine by Grievious, leads to rescue attempt that leads to this.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2005, 07:47 PM
This is what I think I know, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these suppositions.

The Evil Emperor, Lord Sidious=Senator Palpatine in drag

Count Dukoo= Darth Maul's replacement apprentice to Sidious
Is leading the separatist movement which is designed secretly to weaken the Jedi's numbers as they try to protect Palpatine/Emperor

General Grievious=Dukoo's replacement

Anakin slays grievious/and completes his journey to the Dark side and takes his place. Faked kidnapping of Palpatine by Grievious, leads to rescue attempt that leads to this.

Wrong. Greivous is Dooku's "apprentice" if anything, but not really. Greivous is not a jedi, he's a cyborg.

MAJOR SPOILER
ALERT ALERT

Anakin kills Dooku at the start of the movie, though.

END SPOILER SPACE

Calcountry
03-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Wrong. Greivous is Dooku's "apprentice" if anything, but not really. Greivous is not a jedi, he's a cyborg.

MAJOR SPOILER
ALERT ALERT

Anakin kills Dooku at the start of the movie, though.

I want less questions after this episode, not more thanks for the info.

END SPOILER SPACE

Barret
03-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Thought I would revive this for the Star War's people that are keeping up with it.

Seems as though there are some new pictures out from some spy that are actually showing Anikan all crispy/fried and several other pictures.

Just trying to help out

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

morphius
03-30-2005, 12:14 PM
This is a bit amusing.

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/sith_apprentice

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 12:25 PM
I just put in my vacation for May 19th. Anyone else taking the day off to see the movie?

Mark M
03-30-2005, 12:35 PM
I just put in my vacation for May 19th. Anyone else taking the day off to see the movie?

Nope.

But I would like to thank you for making me feel better about my life ...

MM
~~:p

Bowser
03-30-2005, 01:34 PM
This is a bit amusing.

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/sith_apprentice

"No more cross references. There can be only ONE!"

The Starfleet officer was pretty amusing, as well.

buddha
03-30-2005, 01:36 PM
As long as it's Return of the King good. I don't want a four hour Phantom Menace.

Thank you! Lucas hasn't sniffed any Star Wars film yet that can compare to the quality and STORYTELLING of Return of the King.

The kid that played the teenage Annikan was about as wooden as any actor that I've ever seen in any film.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Nope.

But I would like to thank you for making me feel better about my life ...

MM
~~:p
Psssh..you've never ditched work in order to go see a movie, or a concert..or anything?! :shake:

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:41 PM
http://members.inteliport.net/~easye/funny/owned.jpg

/not taking off work, but I can relate... ;)

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Thank you! Lucas hasn't sniffed any Star Wars film yet that can compare to the quality and STORYTELLING of Return of the King.

The kid that played the teenage Annikan was about as wooden as any actor that I've ever seen in any film.

Are you gay?

Mark M
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Psssh..you've never ditched work in order to go see a movie, or a concert..or anything?! :shake:

Nope.

MM
~~:shake:

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
NTTAWWT...

But when someone starts complaining about "wooden acting" in Star Wars, it's always a good tip off.

/they all had wooden acting.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Nope.

MM
~~:shake:
Haha. You just made ME feel better about myself! What a strange turn of events. :p

Mark M
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
http://members.inteliport.net/~easye/funny/owned.jpg

/not taking off work, but I can relate... ;)

Okay ... I'm confused. Who "owned" who?

MM
~~:spock:

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Okay ... I'm confused. Who "owned" who?

MM
~~:spock:
Thats his proctologist. Teej has always wondered why its in the back of a Jiffy Lube.

Mark M
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Haha. You just made ME feel better about myself! What a strange turn of events. :p

Well, the way I see it, very, very, VERY few movies are worth paying $7 for—I'd rather wait until they come out on video.

Concerts are at night, so no need to take off work. Besides, I don't go to concerts anymore because, once again, it just ain't worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Now, I have skipped work to hang out with the wife or work around the house. I also considered taking a day off when GTA: San Andreas came out.

But I figured why waste the vacation time?

MM
~~:D

Bowser
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Thats his proctologist. Teej has always wondered why its in the back of a Jiffy Lube.

"I was wondering why I was sitting there bareassed on a lift , with Manny, Moe, and Jack looking up it!"

"Yeah, but you feel better, dontcha?"

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 01:54 PM

Well, the way I see it, very, very, VERY few movies are worth paying $7 for—I'd rather wait until they come out on video.

Concerts are at night, so no need to take off work. Besides, I don't go to concerts anymore because, once again, it just ain't worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Now, I have skipped work to hang out with the wife or work around the house. I also considered taking a day off when GTA: San Andreas came out.

MM
Heh. The only reason i'm taking off for this Star Wars (I didn't for the others) is Topeka is opening a new 14 screen movie theater, that is supposed to have all the bells and whistles. The last movie I took the day off for was Matrix Revolutions.

I am taking the day off for Royals opening day too...i'm just not a very good employee. :D

Mark M
03-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Heh. The only reason i'm taking off for this Star Wars (I didn't for the others) is Topeka is opening a new 14 screen movie theater, that is supposed to have all the bells and whistles. The last movie I took the day off for was Matrix Revolutions.

Um ... :loser:

I am taking the day off for Royals opening day too...i'm just not a very good employee. :D
Maybe not, but you're a damn fine Royals fan.

MM
~~:)

HC_Chief
03-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Are they going to have that theater open by then? Gawd I hope so, I HATE having to go to Westridge when I'm in T-Town. That theatre sucks donkey balls. {I got spoiled by the AMC 30 when I lived in Olathe... now I go to the AMC 20 in Leawood}

Saulbadguy
03-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Are they going to have that theater open by then? Gawd I hope so, I HATE having to go to Westridge when I'm in T-Town. That theatre sucks donkey balls. {I got spoiled by the AMC 30 when I lived in Olathe... now I go to the AMC 20 in Leawood}
Yes. I think its opening next weekend. I'll double check.

Yes, Westridge is terrible.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 02:30 PM

MM

I think the age difference comes into play a little here... When I was in college, I wouldn't think twice about taking a vacation day from work for certain events. In a time-consuming career, however, vacation days are very precious.

Mark M
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
I think the age difference comes into play a little here... When I was in college, I wouldn't think twice about taking a vacation day from work for certain events. In a time-consuming career, however, vacation days are very precious.

Oh, well, hell ...

in college, I'd skip work and class just so I could get high and discuss the societal ramifications of Sesame Street, whether or not the same color blue I see was the same color of blue everyone else saw, and to find out where my roommate hid the Funyons.

MM