PDA

View Full Version : What dog breed are you?

siberian khatru
03-25-2005, 08:12 AM
http://www.gone2thedogs.com/

Nice twist on the typical Internet survey. Click on the "What dog are you" link in the bottom right.

I'm an Irish Setter. Oh, and I need to go outside NOW!!!

http://www.pointingdogs.com/BreedDirectory/irish_red_setter.jpg

MOhillbilly
03-25-2005, 08:19 AM
hungarian kuvas

neat....rep.

dilligaf
03-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Curly coated retreiver. WTF! :harumph:

Donger
03-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Dobermann. Oddly enough, people have always told me that, though I don't see the resemblance.

cadmonkey
03-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm an Irish Red and White Setter
http://www.doyle.com.au/images/IrishRedWhiteSetterHondenHuug1.jpg

Gaz
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Bergamasco Sheepdog.

ORIGINS:
Italy. A large robust herding dog with flick-guarding ability. Named after the city of Bergamo in Northern Italy, the Begamasco is great with children and have been used as therapy dogs for disabled youths.

PERSONALITY:
Strong, quiet, patient and brave, the Bergamasco is above all an intelligent and calm individual. A friend, never a follower, this dog obeys to demonstrate affection. Although not instinctively aggressive, the Bergamasco is an excellent watchdog because it is protective to family and wary of strangers. Patient, tolerant and attentive to children, it seeks their company an establishes a true friendship with them.

And check it out: I have hair!

xoxo~
Gaz
A bit on the scruffy side.

Chieficus
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm a "Curly-Coated Retriever."

"A good family companion with plenty of stanima. It is blessed with a great sense of smell and an excellent memory to boot. It can be a little antisocial with others; it generlaly combines a working life well with its role in the family. Makes a good guard."

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Xolo-Mexican Hairless.

Never heard of it.

Gaz
03-25-2005, 08:33 AM
...I think I got Gaz by mistake...

E tu, shakes?

xoxo~
Gaz
Might be able to complain about the Mexican bit.

Fire Me Boy!
03-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Dutch Shepherd

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Saint Bernard.

I was hoping for something a little more exotic.

SCTrojan
03-25-2005, 08:42 AM
It says I'm a Dachsund. Man, that's just embarrassing.

Gaz
03-25-2005, 08:44 AM
...I was hoping for something a little more exotic.

We have a disatisfied customer in the Xolo-Mexican Hairless department.

Maybe you could swap?

xoxo~
Gaz
Providing that bit of Customer Service that makes the Planet a great place to shop.

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 08:45 AM

Maybe you could swap?

xoxo~
Gaz
Providing that bit of Customer Service that makes the Planet a great place to shop.
Ehhhh, never mind. Besides, I like the snow and can't imagine rolling around in it being hairless and all. Not to mention being a Saint Bernard I am the only breed that carries my own hooch around my neck.

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 08:46 AM

Maybe you could swap?

xoxo~
Gaz

Hell yes, I'll trade.

St Bernards have that cool mini keg of booze around their necks.

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Hell yes, I'll trade.

St Bernards have that cool mini keg of booze around their necks.

Sorry Xolo, better get some sunscreen cause I'm keeping the booze.

Radar Chief
03-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Entelbach Mountain Dog.

Origins: Switzerland. Smallest of the four Swiss Mountain Dogs, named after the Swiss town and river of Entlebuch. Used by herdsmen to drive cattle to market.

Personality: This is a good natured, intelligent dog that makes a good companion provided it gets plenty of space.

Never heard of it. And where do they get this “small” chit?

RedNFeisty
03-25-2005, 08:58 AM
English Cocker Spaniel

Personality:
The English Cocker Spaniel is a hardy, energetic and affectionate dog. Excellent with kids; gentle and playful, but does not tolerate teasing well. It is sociable with strangers, and moderate barker, and obeys respectfully the orders it is given. Generally an outgoing breed, but some individuals can be reserved. Cockers should be trained very gently, but firmly, as thy are sensitive but also rather independent.

I can go with that assesment.

Warrior5
03-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Greyhound? That's lame; I am in no way built for speed.

...prefers boxer.

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm keeping the booze.

Typical reponse from a Lyon.

Oh well, at least I get to take siesta's.

Gaz
03-25-2005, 09:01 AM
...Generally an outgoing breed, but some individuals can be reserved. Cockers should be trained very gently, but firmly...

I find myself inexplicably and inappropriately aroused.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bad dog.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Xolo-Mexican Hairless.

Never heard of it.
I got that as well.

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I got that as well.

Alright, that's it!

I want do overs!

Dave Lane
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Alaskan Malamute... And the same weeek I hit 2000 posts at long last and develop butt acne or rectal polyps.

Dave

fan4ever
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Irish Wolfhound. Fun little experiment, thanks for sharing it.

DaKCMan AP
03-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Siberian Husky

Personality: A highly intelligent, speedy and energetic animal with a high endurance threshold. A natural grafter.

http://www.akc.org/images/breeds/siberian_husky/lg_artwork.jpg

RedNFeisty
03-25-2005, 09:10 AM
I find myself inexplicably and inappropriately aroused.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bad dog.

I thought my description had a few hidden innuendos, figured it was just my twisted way of thinking. Thanks Gaz, for showing I am not alone in my twisted ways of thinking!! :thumb:

RedNFeisty
03-25-2005, 09:12 AM
I love Alaskan Malamutes and Irish Wolfhounds! Wish I could have one. :(

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Beagle Harrier.... pretty good looking dog.

Radar Chief
03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Alright, that's it!

I want do overs!

Isn’t that what the reset button’s for?
Tried it again and came up with Newfoundland.

Origins: Canada. Developed to aid fisherman in Labrador, St. Johns and Newfoundland. Believed to descend from the Tibetan Mastiff and large Viking Bear dogs brought over by Leaf Ericsson in 1001 AD. (Although a less exciting theory claims that it comes from descendants of Pyrenean Mountain dogs brought to America by French fisherman.) During the 19th century they were used to replenish the dwindling numbers of Alpine Rescue dogs at the hospice of St. Bernard after distemper decimated their ranks.

Personality: A large and beautiful beast the Newfoundland is rarely bad tempered unless provoked. Indeed it is amazingly docile amongst other breeds, one having been seen sitting quietly amongst a bunch of squabbling Chihuahuas.

That sounds a little closer, although I’m not so sure about the “beautiful” part.

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Typical reponse from a Lyon.

The scary thing is I'm the sober one of the two.

Bootlegged
03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Belgain Cattle Dog

Shaggy dog looks the picture of ferocity in its homeland where it was bred as a farm dog with good all around ability as a hunter, herder, drover, protector and guard

rather fierce dog but beneath the seemngly aggressive exterior is a calm, sensible, trusthworthy, hardy and intelligent individual

Abba-Dabba
03-25-2005, 09:27 AM
:)

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 09:37 AM
OK, so maybe selecting "high" for intelligence the first time thru was a bit of a stretch.

Redbone Coonhound-This HANDSOME dog is efficient and adaptable when it comes to work. Generally good natured, it shows great affection and faithfullness to one person, normally its master.

No wonder my wife picked me.

coin flip
03-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I am a http://www.havrevingen.se/man040301.jpg

Dutch sheperd, I didnt know that was a breed, pretty cool looking dog.

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the Planet, coin flip!

Watch out for that mlyonsd guy. He doesn't share.

Nzoner
03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm a German Pointer

http://www.thedoghows.com/factory/graphics/dogs/german%20short%20hair%20pointer.JPG

Oxford
03-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Newfoundland
Working Group

General Appearance
The Newfoundland is a sweet-dispositioned dog that acts neither dull nor ill-tempered. He is a devoted companion. A multipurpose dog, at home on land and in water, the Newfoundland is capable of draft work and possesses natural lifesaving abilities.

The Newfoundland is a large, heavily coated, well balanced dog that is deep-bodied, heavily boned, muscular, and strong. A good specimen of the breed has dignity and proud head carriage.

Rain Man
03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm a lean, mean, runnin' machine. (Greyhound for you non-dog people).

http://www.dogbiz.com/dogs-grp2/greyhound/images/greyhound-290x250-tig-256.gif

BIG_DADDY
03-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I am an Akita. I guess if you can't be the best I'll take that.

BIG_DADDY
03-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Siberian Husky

Personality: A highly intelligent, speedy and energetic animal with a high endurance threshold. A natural grafter.

http://www.akc.org/images/breeds/siberian_husky/lg_artwork.jpg

Funny, I saw you as more of wiener dog. Thinks he's pretty smart and yaps a lot. j/k :p

Typical liberal.

chiefs4me
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
It said I was an Italian greyhound.....I wanted to be a chow chow

Rain Man
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Big Daddy actually found a picture of an Akita from the same year he was born, I think.

BIG_DADDY
03-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Big Daddy actually found a picture of an Akita from the same year he was born, I think.

Based upon the threads the owner is wearing it wouldn't surprise me.

Iowanian
03-25-2005, 10:34 AM
I guess I'm Ruskie...

Siberian Husky

Rain Man
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, that outfit is straight from about 1970.

When I went to Egypt a while back, I was at this very out-of-the-way place, and they had a little shop that sold postcards. One of them was hilarious - all of these people in about 1969 milling about wearing just atrocious 1960s styles. I had to buy a few copies of it. I figure that it's one of their better sellers because of its campiness, and they probably don't even know why it's a big seller.

DaKCMan AP
03-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Funny, I saw you as more of wiener dog. Thinks he's pretty smart and yaps a lot. j/k :p

Typical liberal.

ROFL nice.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I think we killed it.

Hydrae
03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm a Great Pyrenees:

http://www.dogpage.us/great-pyrenees.jpg

Also known as the Pyrenean Mountain Dog, the Great Pyrenees or "Pyr" descends from the Molossian hounds that date back to ancient Roman times, brought to Spain by the Romans, where the breed became well established in the Pyrenean Mountains on the border between France and Spain. Great Pyrenees are large, beautiful and highly intelligent dogsthat were entrusted with the formidable task of guarding fortresses and protecting sheep from predators, sometimes left alone for days at a time. Highly prized for their working abilities and appearance, the Great Pyrenees were bred pure for centuries, and were even made the official dog of the court of King Louis XIV of France. In the 1930's the Great Pyrenees found it's way across the Atlantic to the US, in the form of some excellent breeding dogs, and has since become one of the more popular breeds, both for work, and as a loveable family pet.

Great Pyrenees are large, regal looking dogs that stand up to 32 inches at the shoulder and weigh in the area of 100 pounds. They have a dense, double coat, which makes them able to withstand cold and wet weather when performing their duties. The Great Pyrenees outer coat is long, thick, flat and weather resistant, and there is a dense, woolly, close-fitting undercoat. The white, coat can be all white, or white with badger, reddish brown, grey or tan markings, and needs daily brushing to keep it clean, shiny and tangle free. Great Pyrenees tend to shed a lot, so a good vacuum cleaner or an easygoing attitude towards housekeeping is essential to owning one of these wonderful dogs. Great Pyrenees are gentle giants; they love children and are loyal and protective of their home and family. They are very intelligent dogs that are easy to train with the proper technique. Although they are quite large dogs, the Great Pyrenees has a fairly small appetite.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I came out an Italian Setter:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images4/BraccoItalianosjalo8.jpg

chiefs4me
03-25-2005, 01:33 PM
God all these pictures of dogs......they are beautiful. If I win the lottery....I am gonna have me one of every dog there is. I can't help it....I love animals.

milkman
03-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Greenland Dog
(Grønlandshunden)

Description
The Greenland dog is similar to the Canadian Eskimo Sleddog, but is not as heavy and slightly taller. They have a thick stand-off outer coat and dense under wool, which allow them to withstand constant outdoor living in the temperatures that can reach -50 to -75 degrees Fahrenheit. They have small triangular ears which rarely get frostbit. The head is robust, broad and wedge shaped. The jaws are extremely powerful. It has a large, bushy tail, which curls over the dogs back and protects the dogs face while it is sleeping. The legs are well feathered and the toes are thickly furred with large pads.
Temperament
Aloof and very independent, the Greenland Dog can be affectionate with an owner he bonds with. The breed remains principally a working dog. They have the typical, Nordic, good, loyal, affectionate temperament, but when the dogs working in teams, they do not have the opportunity to develop a relationship with one master. They are independent, self-willing, rowdy and boisterous in their play. This dog is not content to simply lay around the house all day long; this breed needs to work or have some kind of vigorous activity. In recent times it has become more popular in Norway and Sweden as a hiking companion. This breed also lives with the Eskimos and shares the hardship the Eskimos face. They pull sleds and helps with the hunt for bears and seals. They are usually friendly towards people and have no guarding or protector instincts, but their hunting skills are very developed. Training these dogs is very difficult and takes a lot of patience and consequence to teach the dog the most necessary skills. This breed still retains a lot of wolf instincts and character. Their alpha pack instinct is very strong. An owner of a Greenland dog must be very dominant and able to show the dog he is alpha. The dogs must accept the owner as the leader. This breed likes to roam. Greenland Dogs are also seen in dog racing with sleds or wagons.
Height, Weight
Height: 22-25 inches (56-64 cm.)
Weight: 66-70 pounds (30-32 kg.)
Health Problems
Usually very healthy
Living Conditions
The Greenland dog is not good for apartment life. They need space, room to run and a job to do. This breed can live outdoors. They can withstand cold temperatures and do not like the excessive heat.
Exercise
The Greenland dog is not a breed to contently lay around your house. They are full of energy and need a job to do.
Life Expectancy
About 13 years
Grooming
Brush occasionally
Origin
This Spitz-type dog has existed throughout the Arctic regions since antiquity. The ancestry of this breed can possibly be traced back to the dogs accompanying people from Siberia well over 12,000 years ago. As these people developed into Inuit of today, they may have used local wolves for father breeding. Greenland Dogs are fairly rare. Most people who acquire a Greenland Dog have imported them from Greenland or have taken one home with from a visit there, or from friends who have been there. Very few litters are born.
http://www.planet-pets.com/greendog.jpg

Valiant
03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
http://www.gone2thedogs.com/

Nice twist on the typical Internet survey. Click on the "What dog are you" link in the bottom right.

I'm an Irish Setter. Oh, and I need to go outside NOW!!!

http://www.pointingdogs.com/BreedDirectory/irish_red_setter.jpg

I got this...

stumppy
03-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm a Belgian Shephard.

Valiant
03-25-2005, 09:41 PM
seriously though i got a beauceron

memyselfI
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
English Cocker Spaniel

http://webplaza.pt.lu/garofalc/Lucy2.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
English Cocker Spaniel

http://webplaza.pt.lu/garofalc/Lucy2.jpg

Bitch.

milkman
03-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Bitch.
ROFL

The post of the day!

memyselfI
03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Bitch.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :p

Slayer Diablo
03-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Curly Coated Ret.

WTF?

CanadianChief
03-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Dog De Bordeaux???

luv
03-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Portuguese Water Dog

"A hyper intelligent and capable animal, blessed with many natural talents and a unique style to match. It is a superlative swimmer and fisher. However it is somewhat apprehensive of strangers, probably oversensitive to its unorthodox fur coat (which can be long and wavy or thick and curly).

Rausch
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Apparently I'm a Braque Saint German.

I don't know what that means...

Michael Michigan
03-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Irish Setter

http://www.sandiegonavhda.com/images/irish2.jpg