PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Amber alert

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Cops: 10-Year-Old Iowa Girl Abducted by Sex Offender
Friday, March 25, 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/images/foxnews_story.gif
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — A statewide Amber Alert was issued after a 10-year-old mentally disabled Cedar Rapids girl was abducted from her home by a registered sex offender.

Jetseta Marrie Gage (http://codeamber.org/gageia/), who is mentally challenged, was taken from her home by Roger P. Bentley (search (javascript:siteSearch('Roger P. Bentley');)), who was convicted in 1994 of child molestation. Police also described him as a family acquaintance.
Anyone who might have information leading to Gage's whereabouts was asked to call Cedar Rapids Police at 319-286-5491.

Bentley apparently took Gage at about 8:15 p.m. Thursday night in a black and silver pickup truck. Gage's 7-year-old brother witnessed the abduction, police said.
"The grandmother and children were there. The grandmother was looking out for them and that the acquaintance took the 10-year-old without permission," Cedar Rapids police Lt. Kelly Fitzpatrick said Friday.
Police don't know why Bentley took the child or where they may be headed, he said.

"Believe me, we've been hitting a lot of leads to try and find her," Fitzpatrick said.
He said investigators were still trying to determine how Bentley took the child.
The grandmother was in the house "but not there to prevent the 10-year-old from disappearing, no," he said.

The search for the little girl comes a month after a missing Florida girl first drew national attention. The body of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford (search (javascript:siteSearch('Jessica Lunsford');)) was found Sunday; John Couey, a convicted sex offender, has been charged with her murder.

Gage is white, 4-feet-6-inches tall and 90 pounds. She has brown, wavy, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes. She was wearing an orange coat and purple pants.
Bentley is white, 6-feet-1-inches tall and 265 pounds, with blond hair, hazel eyes and a tattoo on his right shoulder. He was wearing a flannel shirt.
The pickup truck is a black and silver 1982 Datsun king cab with a silver topper with Iowa license 392MIZ.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/158272/1_41_032505_jetseta.jpg (javascript:photoPop('158272/1_21_032505_jetseta.jpg','','FNC',450,350);) http://www.foxnews.com/images/158272/2_42_032505_roger_bentley.jpg (javascript:photoPop('158272/2_22_032505_roger_bentley.jpg','Roger Bentley','Iowa Sex Offender Registry',350,450);)

A 10 year old mentally disabled girl......this guy needs his feeding tube removed, preferrably with a rusty pocket knife.

Iowanian
03-25-2005, 11:04 AM
You know...........Just once, I'd like to see a group of Angry Vigilantees Find a guy like that First.

Brock
03-25-2005, 11:10 AM
anybody know why they keep letting these guys out of jail?

mlyonsd
03-25-2005, 11:10 AM
You know...........Just once, I'd like to see a group of Angry Vigilantees Find a guy like that First.

If you happen on to him....give me a holler and save some for me.

Radar Chief
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM

To make room for the nefarious felons caught with a sack of seeds and stems?

shakesthecat
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM

They need room for the meth heads

Iowanian
03-25-2005, 11:16 AM
If you happen on to him....give me a holler and save some for me.

I'm an hour away, but if I were to stumble into the "guy".......My 4" buck knife will be making you a coin purse.

JimNasium
03-25-2005, 11:20 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I'm all for rehabilitation but these guys just seem to be beyond help. If someone ever lays a hand on either of my daughters I will spill their blood myself.

ptlyon
03-25-2005, 11:28 AM
They need room for the meth heads

And drunk drivers.

beavis
03-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I've got a .45 and a shovel...

ptlyon
03-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I've got a .45 and a shovel...

What do you need the .45 for?

beavis
03-25-2005, 11:44 AM
What do you need the .45 for?
Point taken.

Iowanian
03-25-2005, 12:30 PM
The news just said that they had the guy in Custody. They had found him in Johnson County(Iowa City), his truck somewhere, but no sign of the girl yet.

They should take some pliers to his nuts until he spills the beans.

Jenny Gump
03-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm all for a person's rights, but in cases where children are hurt, I don't even understand why we need to spend any time on them at all. Just torture them, then kill them.

Like this guy in Florida. He confessed. He led them to the body. That should be the end of it.

Eleazar
03-25-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm all for a person's rights, but in cases where children are hurt, I don't even understand why we need to spend any time on them at all. Just torture them, then kill them.

Like this guy in Florida. He confessed. He led them to the body. That should be the end of it.

I know that you have to have avenues of appeal and all that if they say they are innocent, but if the guy confesses, why wait? Just wheel the chair into the courtroom and take care of it right then.

ptlyon
03-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I know that you have to have avenues of appeal and all that if they say they are innocent, but if the guy confesses, why wait? Just wheel the chair into the courtroom and take care of it right then.

Then nobody would confess.

alanm
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=1638&u_sid=1369968
Published Saturday
March 26, 2005

Man questioned as authorities try to identify body

RELATED STORY

»
Unidentified young female's body found

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Police were investigating whether a body found Friday is that of a 10-year-old girl who authorities said vanished with a registered sex offender.
Click To Enlarge
An investigator walks away from a trailer near Kalona, Iowa, where a body was discovered, Friday. Police were investigating whether the body found is that of a 10-year-old Jetseta Marrie Gage who authorities said vanished, Thursday, with a registered sex offender. Cedar Rapids police canceled an Amber Alert for the girl after the body was found in a rundown mobile home in a rural area about 45 miles south of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A positive identification of the body has not been made.

Cedar Rapids police canceled an Amber Alert for Jetseta Marrie Gage after the body was found in a rundown mobile home in a rural area near the small town of Kalona, about 45 miles south of Cedar Rapids. A positive identification of the body had not been made.

Roger Bentley, 37, a family acquaintance, was charged late Friday with felony child stealing and was being held in the Linn County Jail in Cedar Rapids. He is accused of taking Jetseta from her mother's house in nearby Cedar Rapids on Thursday night.

Johnson County Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek said state criminologists were to work through the night processing the site where the body was discovered. He declined to share any more details of the investigation, and refused to answer questions.

According to state's Sex Offender Registry, Bentley was convicted in 1994 of lascivious acts with a child.

Police said he was working on the van of Jetseta's mother, Trena Gage, Thursday night before disappearing with the child.

Gage, who was away at the time taking a college course, said her 7-year-old son saw Bentley leave in his pickup with Jetseta. The children's grandmother also was at home.

"My mom gave my daughter her medicine and sent her to bed," Gage told KCRG-TV. "My son said he saw my daughter in the truck and he thought that she had permission" because the family have "known him for so long."

Gage said her mother, Teresa, later went to check on the child and she was gone. "She looked all over the house and she called me hysterical," Gage said.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm quite certain that this is the little girl. I can't even convey in words how these types of crimes commited by grown men upon children utterly sickens me. I've been involved with a fair share of these investigations. Child abduction crimes used to tear me up. Unless you discovered they were taken by a spouse who wouldn't deal with a custody judgement rendered against them in a divorce. And decided to swoop in and snatch the kid and take off for parts unknown. These were the times you felt fairly certain the child was alive and ok. When kids are abducted by sick motherf*ckers like the guy in Iowa you just knew in the pit of your stomach what the outcome was going to be. Nothing enrages me more than having to deal with these sick motherf*ckers. God forgive me, but if I had my way I'd shoot these sick f*cks right on the spot.

KCWolfman
03-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Don't give them the opportunity to kill. That is the safest method.

Unfortunately, it is too harsh for most of the easier offended sensibilities belonging to many in this country.

If you are convicted of a sexual assault against a child, then you should be executed. It is that simple.

alanm
03-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Don't give them the opportunity to kill. That is the safest method.

Unfortunately, it is too harsh for most of the easier offended sensibilities belonging to many in this country.

If you are convicted of a sexual assault against a child, then you should be executed. It is that simple.
There shouldn't even be a trial. Just beat his ass with all they way out to the alley and then pop a cap to the back of his skull. But then that's better than they deserve.