PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want to beat Denver next week??

Dave Lane
12-11-2000, 07:27 AM
Do we actually want to help the Raiders win the division?

Do we want win out and get a harder schedule next year and a worse pick in the draft?

Do want there to be any reason for Carl to keep the 3 stooges around by the false hope that an 8-8 record would stir up for next season?

My answer to all this is a big HELL NO!!

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Ecto-I
12-11-2000, 08:06 AM
I think sweeping Denver would be better than beating St. Louis.

Sorry, it's just not in me to desire a Chiefs loss.

Gracie Dean
12-11-2000, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I want to beat Denver no matter what....

Fat Homer
12-11-2000, 08:40 AM
I want to beat the hell out of Denver...then no one can say our earlier win was a fluke...it would also show, in a homer kind of way, that the better team does not necessarily go to the playoffs...the Chiefs problems will not be solved with easier schedules and higher draft picks....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

ChiTown
12-11-2000, 08:40 AM
Even though we suck this year, Beating Denver would be sweet because it would give me scoreboard for two years in a row. Everyone here in this town is a Donkey fan.

Ugly Duck
12-11-2000, 08:42 AM
58 ... a homer way is the ONLY way that could be proved, especially around here.<P>

Lurker Brett
12-11-2000, 08:47 AM
That is a tough question. Beating Denver probably gives us an 8-8 record, we would probably draft about 15th or so, where 7-9 would give us about the 11th or 12th pick, so that is negligible. I dislike the Raiders more than the Broncos, but having already lost to them twice, we could smack the Donx fans, where we don't have much to talk about the Raiders. Forget the harder schedule, unless we lose both, and Seattle wins both, we have 3rd locked up. But the biggest question, the coaching staff, I believe that CP and Lamar have seen enough by now to answer that question. Forget the votes of confidence, they will sit down and evaluate after the season and make their decision. If they retain Cunningham, he will not be given any edict to get rid of any assistants, so therein lies the problem. He too, will have to make some serious evaluations, my guess, he will realize, if he is retained, that he is on a one year reprieve, and loyalty may be great, but some changes have to be made. My guess, they retain Gunther, he gets rid of Schott, and Stock, names Shaw DC, and finds a new ST coach. But to answer the question. Hell yes, I want to beat Denver.

Dave Lane
12-11-2000, 08:49 AM
I can't say that deep down I want Denver to win. Seeing the Broncos win in Arrowhead is about as enjoyable as kissing your sister(unless you're from Arkansas). But sometimes sacrifices have to made. Gun, Stock, Raye and anybody else named Schottenheimer still left on the staff need to go. The Broncos could help put these coaches out of their misery with a sound victory of KC this weekend.

------------------

Bwana
12-11-2000, 09:26 AM
Mizzou5

Unfortunately, this weekends game is our SuperBowl. We have a chance to level a division rival and keep our DOMINANCE over a hated foe. I want to win this one as badly as I would want it if this game were to clinch the West for the Chiefs.

As much as I would like a top 10 draft pick and an easier schedule, I want this win worse.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEX
12-11-2000, 09:29 AM
I want them to beat the d@mn Donks 100-0. I've paid my $140, and driving/riding 6hours and skipping the last day of deer season to go to the game with some old roomates...one is a donk fan....and I've already put up with that guy during the SB years....

besides...ammo for BF and co next season.

alanm
12-11-2000, 11:06 AM
Mizzou5,
I would've gladly accepted a loss yesterday against the Panthers in order to advance the cause of ousting the Stooges, but this is the $@#%^& Broncos!
So to answer your original question:
Because our players are still playing, yes.
Because it's our house, yes.
Because it's the Donkies, yes.
Because of Romanowski, yes.
Because it's Bowlen's team of "unquestioned character", yes.
Still hoping that Tim Nunya pops in with another of his famous rants concerning the Donkies.
GO CHIEFS!<BR>

bishop_74
12-11-2000, 11:49 AM
I am afraid I am with mizzou on this one. As much as I dislike both Denver and Oakland I was hoping Nedney would have hit that FG yesterday.

I think it is in the best interest to get rid of the entire coaching staff. <P>

chiefs2034
12-11-2000, 12:12 PM
Beat the DONKS at ALL COST. Sweep'em into next year.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Chief_Noraa
12-11-2000, 12:21 PM
I want a butt whoopin either way. Always good to beat the Donks but if we must come up short,,, I want it to be sooooo bad that Larry, Shemp and Moe get the AX.

45-0
or
0-45

------------------
"A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory."

DoktorSmith
12-13-2000, 09:55 AM
A sweep of the Broncos would be every bit as satisfying as trouncing the Rams.

xoxo~
gaz
realizes he is helping the Raiders.<BR>

KCTitus
12-13-2000, 01:41 PM
YES! Whip the donks! I have a smoked pheasant riding on this game!

Chieficus
12-13-2000, 02:34 PM
Yes, you really DO want to beat donx for reasons that go far beyond helping the Raiders take the division.

Unfortunately, for both our teams' sake, I expect donx to run roughshod in your backyard. Your defense has proven itself unable to stop the run and Anderson will likely have his way with your team.

Please prove me wrong.

TEX
12-13-2000, 02:42 PM
Rc,

Thank you so much for the brilliant insight. Maybe you could assist with penning the Gore Concession speech to help ease the pain for all ignorant yahoos of this great nation.

The Chiefs Run D is improving drastically with the addition of Mazlowski at LB..Anderson will not gain 100yrds sunday...you are more than welcome to cut/paste to prove me wrong...<BR>

Chiefaholic
12-13-2000, 02:45 PM
Yes - You really want to beat Denver!

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-13-2000, 02:54 PM
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER! What is with you people? As if wanting your team to lose is not bad enough, now you want them to lose to the DONKEYS! Have you totaly lost your minds. beat them, stomp them, thrash them, bash them, rip them, shred them, mutalate them, and cuase them to die a slow and extremely excruciating agonizing death! Those of you who want them to lose this game ought to be ashamed of yourselves. As is stated on the front page, this is for bragging rights, and a chance to sweep those despised donks. Please pull yourselves together!

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Dave Lane
12-13-2000, 03:08 PM
What good is it to be able to say that we swept the Broncos? Bragging rights don't mean much when our season will be over in 11 days but the Broncos will be going on to the playoffs. I would much rather the Broncos win the division than the Raiders.

------------------

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-13-2000, 03:16 PM
Since bragging rights are not important, I guess the fact that we beat Denver in Denver means jack squat. Especially if they come to our house and beat us there. Listen, they may be going to the playoffs, and we may not be, but by sweeping them this season we can say that we own them. One of our most hated rivals belongs to us. That means alot.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Idahojim
12-13-2000, 03:22 PM
Without a doubt,by as many points as possible !

GO CHIEFS...RIDE THE DONKIES IN THE DIRT! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Chieficus
12-13-2000, 04:53 PM
Mercer:

What, you... wrong?

Your weekly predictions of a Raiders fade was good for a chuckle or two. Are you still doing that? You might improve your prediction accuracy if you write out the possibilities on individual slips of paper, toss them into your chiefs propellerhead cap, mix them up and with eyes closed draw one of the paper slips out and use it as your prediction. That method seems to work well for most chiefs fans.

Maslowski has helped improve defensive play. I expect Shanahan will notice him (in the films) and take steps to keep him occupied.

Speech writing doesn’t pay enough...

ChiefsSuck
12-13-2000, 05:56 PM
I know how MUCH all you Chief fans HATE the Raiders...You think that we are all slime, low-lifes, and scum. I would much rather associated with those monikers than be the arrogant a-holes that the Donkeys are. I don't care whether or not you help the Raiders. Personally, as a Raider fanb, I WANT to play the Donkeys again. My season would seem incomplete without a chance to squash them. Donkeys think that they are above both the Chiefs and the Raiders. Donkeys think that they are holier than thou. Beat them like the dogs that they are. Pound them into the turf at Arrowhead. Of course as a Raider fan I hate the Chiefs, but I have always had respect for their team and their great fans. The Donkeys don't respect either of us. Kick their A$$ !!!!!<BR>

poofusdrawers
12-13-2000, 06:20 PM
I want us to beat them, but hopefully on the heels of a Seahawk win over the Raiders on Saturday...so if we do lose, the Raiders lose as well(the division lead). And terrapin #24, with all due respect, YOU may want to play Denver again this year, but your TEAM sure doesn't, and any player or coach that says otherwise is fooling NO ONE!!

ChiefsSuck
12-13-2000, 06:30 PM
If the players and the coaches believe in statistics and history they may want to play the Donkeys again. Only TWO teams in the history of the NFL have lost to the same team three times in the same season. Jacksonville to the Titans last year was only the second team to achieve this dubious honor.

Dave Lane
12-13-2000, 09:13 PM
Terrapin,

Denver is the one team that the Raiders do not want to face in the playoffs. Denver owns them w/Shanahan the same way that Marty owned them when he was in KC. You left out 1 other time that 1 team lost to the same opponent 3 times in a season. In 1991, the Chiefs beat the Raiders 3 times. 24-21 in Arrowhead on a Monday night(Tim Barnett scored a TD in last minute just after successful 4th down conversion on the previous play), 27-21 in L.A. on the final week of the regular season when Marinovich fist started for the Raiders, and 10-6 the following week in KC in the wild card game.

------------------

Chiefaholic
12-14-2000, 12:25 AM
I'm with Terrapin. I want the Broncos again this year. Our success is tainted until we beat that team. If we lose to Denver in our playoff quest for the SuperBowl, then we didn't deserve to get there. I'd love an appearance at the Big Dance. But it would would be that much sweeter if we didn't have an Orange Donkey on our backs.

TEX
12-14-2000, 09:07 AM
Rc,

I'm sure you've already had a stint as a writer...I saw a tee shirt I'm almost sure you must have created..."Hukt on Fonix Wurkd fur ME"

Weekly predictions....If you check you'll find me in the top 10 on the yahoo pickem list...

and Yes, I STILL think the Raiders will Choke...bowing out of the playoffs in the 1st and possibly 2nd round..Congratulations of qualifying...after 10 years, I'm sure Raider fans were feeling neglected in Jan. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

ChiefsSuck
12-14-2000, 11:31 AM
Mizzou5,

I left out the KC/Oak three games for an obvious reason...

milkman
12-14-2000, 11:36 AM
I hope we embarrass them off the field...

Morphius
Keyword "hope"

Lightning Rod
12-14-2000, 11:52 AM
Scott -

Right on, man. Funny how 'trippin' brings up the fact that there have only been two times when a team was beaten three times in the same season, mentions the Jags and then drops it. Hmmmmm....if I were a Fader fan, I wouldn't be screamin' too loud for a rematch. They're only one of two teams who has EVER lost to the same team 3 times in one season. And the way that Shamaham plans against Grubin, I'd put my money on the Donks if there is a rematch.

Ahhhh...the memories of `91....

Dave Lane
12-14-2000, 02:06 PM
Terrapin,
Was the other one you left out the '86 Redskins who lost to the Giants 3 times.

------------------

BigChiefsFan
12-14-2000, 03:52 PM
I don't care what the records are, who has made the playoffs or who is in first place …

F*CK THE BRONCOS!

We won't be screwing up our draft or shedule enough for it to matter.

MM
~~Figures the stooges will go no matter what the record.

Chieficus
12-14-2000, 04:49 PM
Mercer:

You actually saw such a tee shirt printed that way and remembered it well enough to repeat it? Wow. I heard a local chief fan say that the people who make themselves into human post-it notes are only a little more pathetic than the ones paying attention to their messages. I’m fairly certain he doesn’t know you.

Thank goodness you had enough sense to change your prediction to the playoffs! In all likelihood the Raiders will die in the playoffs, so you will be correct (finally) after many wrong predictions. It pleases me to know you can count to 10; however, it was 7 years ago Raiders were previously in the playoffs.

Sure hope your team figures a way to 8 wins this season...