PDA

View Full Version : On this Good Friday, I'm wishing you all a...

Frankie
03-25-2005, 07:54 PM
HAPPY EASTER!:toast:

I may or may not get TOO BUSY this weekend to spend much time on the planet.

Pants
03-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Happy Easter.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I've never celebrated Easter. It's gay anyway.

Pants
03-25-2005, 07:59 PM

Dude, I really want to say something really mean involving Hitler, but I won't.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Half priced easter candy. Woo woo!

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Dude, I really want to say something really mean involving Hitler, but I won't.

Please, do. That ****er owes me 20 bucks.

DJay23
03-25-2005, 08:12 PM
It's gay anyway.
Now come on. I'm not a religious person, but that's just not a cool thing to say.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Now come on. I'm not a religious person, but that's just not a cool thing to say.

Come on, what's gayer than a bunch of bunnies and sunshine?

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Gay as in happy?

Calcountry
03-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Come on, what's gayer than a bunch of bunnies and sunshine?So, whats gay about bunnies?

Lzen
03-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Come on, what's gayer than a bunch of bunnies and sunshine?

You know, I was just saying to the wife the other night "WTH, how did Easter become about bunnies, candy, and eggs?" Stupid marketing, I suppose. But the true meaning of Easter is about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and being ressurrected. And that true meaing is not "gay".

Lzen
03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
So, whats gay about bunnies?

Well, for starters just look at you.
:p

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
You know, I was just saying to the wife the other night "WTH, how did Easter become about bunnies, candy, and eggs?" Stupid marketing, I suppose. But the true meaning of Easter is about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and being ressurrected. And that true meaing is not "gay".

Easter is bullshit, sorry:

"The name "Easter" reflects many pagan customs that are now associated with the holiday. Present day scholars accept St. Bede's theory that "Easter" is derived from the "Ostern" and "Ostra", Teutonic and Scandinavian goddess associated with spring and fertility. The Easter egg is an example of the pagan origins of Easter. Pagans believed that eggs symbolized earth being reborn each spring. Christianity adapted this custom to symbolize the rebirth of humanity. Easter eggs were first decorated in the late 13th century C. E. but the most famous eggs were created by Carl Faberge."

Calcountry
03-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, for starters just look at you.
:pDude, did you notice that I didn't post much today?

I was making cash hand over fist on those gay bunnies. lmao.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Happy Easter.

As a non-christian, i'll agree its a marketing thing, but I have to say Easter brings the best candy out of any holiday. Nothing can beat a cadbury creme egg.

chiefs4me
03-25-2005, 08:22 PM

:rolleyes: Well I take it that your parents never let you celebrate Easter...

but no one is stopping you now.......:harumph:

Saulbadguy
Dude, did you notice that I didn't post much today?

I was making cash hand over fist on those gay bunnies. lmao.
A lady at my work said her family used to buy dyed bunnies and chicks. They would dye them pastel colors. That seems kinda wrong, heh.

Hammock Parties
:rolleyes: Well I take it that your parents never let you celebrate Easter...

but no one is stopping you now.......:harumph:

That is true. What should I do? All my sun dresses are at the cleaners.

Calcountry
03-25-2005, 08:27 PM
A lady at my work said her family used to buy dyed bunnies and chicks. They would dye them pastel colors. That seems kinda wrong, heh.This is California dude. I wouldn't DREAM of doing that to the poor innocent things, lmao.

I have a couple of wabbits right now that will make a great Bar B Que if I don't sell them tomorrow, he he.

Perhaps I should use that as a pressure tactict to get em SOLD!!!

Calcountry
03-25-2005, 08:28 PM
That is true. What should I do? All my sun dresses are at the cleaners.Look sharp, Jesus is coming.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Look sharp, Jesus is coming.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Haha... I love humor that perpetuates stereotypes.
Its pretty much true. When I was a kid, i'd get an easter basket. The day after easter, of course.

Frankie
03-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Upped ON EASTER!