PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quotes...

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 04:20 AM
I can't find this thread anymore, and it was one fun damn game, so I'm starting it again... rules are pretty simple, you make the quote, someone else guesses and if they're right they get to do the next quote....

So, I'll start off easy.

"My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator."

Pants
03-26-2005, 04:25 AM
The Godfather.

"Hey, Wade, I got a mother, you got a mother, the sarge has got a mother. I'm willing to bet that even the Captain's got a mother. Well, maybe not the Captain, but the rest of us have got mothers."

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 04:37 AM
The Godfather.

"Hey, Wade, I got a mother, you got a mother, the sarge has got a mother. I'm willing to bet that even the Captain's got a mother. Well, maybe not the Captain, but the rest of us have got mothers."
Saving Private Ryan... good flick.

Here's a long one.

#1: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?

#2: No.

#1: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it. I mean, one thinks of it like being alive in a box. One keeps forgetting to take into account the fact that one is dead, which should make all the difference, shouldn't it? I mean, you'd never know you were in a box, would you? It would be just like you were asleep in a box. Not that I'd like to sleep in a box, mind you. Not without any air. You'd wake up dead for a start, and then where would you be? In a box. That's the bit I don't like, frankly. That's why I don't think of it. Because you'd be helpless, wouldn't you? Stuffed in a box like that. I mean, you'd be in there forever, even taking into account the fact that you're dead. It isn't a pleasant thought. Especially if you're dead, really. Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off, "I'm going to stuff you in this box. Now, would you rather be alive or dead?" naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well, at least I'm not dead. In a minute somebody is going to bang on the lid, and tell me to come out."
[bangs on lid]
"Hey you! What's your name? Come out of there!"

#2: [long pause] I think I'm going to kill you.

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 05:07 AM
#1: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?...

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. Saw it at a film festival some years ago.

No 1: This is pure nonsense. It doesn't prove a thing.

No 2: I thought you'd feel that way... You were the only one who could've gotten to that blood. We'll do you last.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. Saw it at a film festival some years ago.

It come out on DVD Tuesday... love that movie, I'd been waiting for it for a LONG time.

No 1: This is pure nonsense. It doesn't prove a thing.

No 2: I thought you'd feel that way... You were the only one who could've gotten to that blood. We'll do you last.
That's one of those early 80s John Carpenter flicks, but not sure which one.

So I guess you get to go again.

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 05:16 AM
That's one of those early 80s John Carpenter flicks, but not sure which one.

You're on the right track. Here's another quote from the same movie:

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 05:18 AM
You're on the right track. Here's another quote from the same movie:

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
That would be The Thing.

Still, I don't get to go again since I didn't get it without a hint... so, you go.

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Still, I don't get to go again since I didn't get it without a hint... so, you go.

God loves me. I know he loves me. I want him to stop.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 05:23 AM
God loves me. I know he loves me. I want him to stop.
Easy, The Last Temptation of Christ... I'm a HUGE fan of that movie.

"You don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad."

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 05:32 AM
"You don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad."

Now's the time for one of my fellow 'Planeteer's to step up and answer this one...

...cause I'm drawin' a blank.

I've seen it, years ago I think. I can hear the voice saying those lines but I can't place the flick. Damn.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Now's the time for one of my fellow 'Planeteer's to step up and answer this one...

...cause I'm drawin' a blank.

I've seen it, years ago I think. I can hear the voice saying those lines but I can't place the flick. Damn.
I'm impatient, so I'm just gonna answer it...

It's 'The Lady Eve,' another Criterion for you...

"I feel sorry for men who don't knit -- they lead empty lives."

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 05:43 AM
"I feel sorry for men who don't knit -- they lead empty lives."

Heh, J. Pierpont Finch...How To succeed In Business Without Really Trying.

"When I was 10 my whole family f*cked me under the Christmas tree. As I heard my grandpa shout 'Jingle Balls!' I cried out, 'O Santa, why hast thou forsaken me!'"

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 05:49 AM
Heh, J. Pierpont Finch...How To succeed In Business Without Really Trying.

"When I was 10 my whole family f*cked me under the Christmas tree. As I heard my grandpa shout 'Jingle Balls!' I cried out, 'O Santa, why hast thou forsaken me!'"
I think that's Cecil B. Demented. Not sure, I'm not much of a John Waters fan.

"If they move, kill 'em."

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 06:00 AM
I think that's Cecil B. Demented. Not sure, I'm not much of a John Waters fan.

"If they move, kill 'em."

Yeah it's Cecil. Somewhat embarrassing, but I'm a closet John Waters fan.

The Wild Bunch

No 1: The public sees him as a knight in shining armor.

No 2: [Holds up gun] This goes through armor . . . and it goes through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 06:07 AM
No 1: The public sees him as a knight in shining armor.

No 2: [Holds up gun] This goes through armor . . . and it goes through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside.
:Lin: Johnny Dangerously... I really didn't like that movie.

"Actually, I look like a can of smashed assholes."

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
"Actually, I look like a can of smashed assholes."

I've no idea.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I've no idea.
Charlie Sheen, The Arrival

"Heroin, peppermint-flavored heroin."

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 06:28 AM
I am barely staying awake... this is rough. I'm not usually this sleepy after working all night. Anyway, I get off in 30 minutes, then I have to drive an hour home, THEN I can go to bed... this sucks.

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 06:33 AM
I am barely staying awake... this is rough. I'm not usually this sleepy after working all night. Anyway, I get off in 30 minutes, then I have to drive an hour home, THEN I can go to bed... this sucks.

I hear you. I'm tired, myself. Feel like 5 miles of stretched highway. The movie is Charade, isn't it? Audrey Hepburn-Cary Grant vehicle...I'll pick up on this game sometime later...

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 06:36 AM
I hear you. I'm tired, myself. Feel like 5 miles of stretched highway. The movie is Charade, isn't it? Audrey Hepburn-Cary Grant vehicle...I'll pick up on this game sometime later...
Yep that's it, Charade. Later.

Fire Me Boy!
03-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Good night all! Gotta start packing shit up. Then I'm off to bed.

Over-Head
03-26-2005, 08:03 AM
“So tell me slick, you gonna do something with that smoke stick or just stand there and bleed?”

BigOlChiefsfan
03-26-2005, 08:09 AM
#22-Tombstone?

"Look in your heart, Tom! Look in your heart!"
"What heart?"

Over-Head
03-26-2005, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=BigOlChiefsfan]#22-Tombstone?

QUOTE]
:clap:

whoman69
03-26-2005, 09:18 AM
couple of memorable quotes from 1941

Tim Matheson plays
Captain Loomis Birkhead: [to Donna] It's big. The biggest one here. You know what else? It's got a lot of range. You know what I mean by range, don't you? I mean it can stay up for a long time. A very long time. And it's built firm and solid. Because it has to be. Because of its tremendous forward thrust. And when this baby delivers its payload... devastating.

Slim Pickens was captured by a Jap sub whose compass was not working. He opened up a box of cracker jacks and finds the prize is a compass. Before the Japs can get it he swallows it. They try to feed him laxatives. As he is sitting on the toilet he says,
You sneaky little batards aren't getting doodly shit from me

whoman69
03-26-2005, 09:55 AM
From Blazing Saddles

Badges, we don't need no stinking badges

You use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore

Where's da white women?

slim pickins: that's where we go stompin' and a wompin' every little thing within an inch of our lives, 'cept the womenfolk
harvey korman: you spare the women?
slim pickins: no we rape the sh!t out them later at the dance

1adam1238
03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
One of my favorites: From As Good as it Gets

How do you write women so well?

Melvin Udall: Easy. I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

Fire Me Boy!
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey people... did you not read the part about this being a game?!?! Not a place to post random movie quotes if you're telling who they came from.

So... to restart the game...

"Hate the smell of dampness, don't you? It's such a, I don't know, creepy smell."

Fire Me Boy!
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
And can I get a mod to change the thread name to "Movie quotes game..."?

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey people... did you not read the part about this being a game?!?! Not a place to post random movie quotes if you're telling who they came from.

So... to restart the game...

"Hate the smell of dampness, don't you? It's such a, I don't know, creepy smell."
Since no one got it, it's "Psycho."

How about this easy one, just to keep it going tonight (I'm here all night, and at some point will become REALLY bored)...

"Lebowski... that's your name, Dude."

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Here's one:

"I hate those hocus-pocus bitches. F#ckin' witch. Her and wife got along real good."

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Here's one:

"I hate those hocus-pocus bitches. F#ckin' witch. Her and wife got along real good."

No takers on this one?

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 11:30 PM
No takers on this one?
I'm not placing it... "Hocus Pocus" is a shot in the dark.

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm not placing it... "Hocus Pocus" is a shot in the dark.

Hint: DeNiro was in the movie (not his line, though).

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM

Angelheart (fat guy on the beach talking to Mickey Rourke)

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Still not placing it... Goodfella's? Anything I say is a guess...

:sulk:

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Angelheart (fat guy on the beach talking to Mickey Rourke)
Never seen it.

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Never seen it.

Interesting flick from the late 80s starring Mickey Rourke and DeNiro. Cool twist at the end (many figured it out, but I didn't). You might like it.

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Interesting flick from the late 80s starring Mickey Rourke and DeNiro. Cool twist at the end (many figured it out, but I didn't). You might like it.
Yeah, I've almost picked it up several times. The special edition DVD is only $14 at Wal-Mart...

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I've almost picked it up several times. The special edition DVD is only $14 at Wal-Mart...
It's very dark and bloody, with a bit of supernatural and a dash of voodoo thrown in. Lots of cool imagery.

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2005, 11:57 PM
It's very dark and bloody, with a bit of supernatural and a dash of voodoo thrown in. Lots of cool imagery.
Just haven't gotten around to getting it... I always end up putting it away in favor of something else.