PDA

View Full Version : Sam Cowart

jspchief
03-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I was gone all last week, so forgive me if I'm bringing up a topic that has already been hashed out. If anyone can link to other threads I'd appreciate it.

The Vikings just picked up Cowart for a song. They traded a 7th round pick to the Jets to get him. Cowart has been a solid OLB. He's had injury problems, but seems to bounce back well.

This guy deserved a look from KC. Considering our current OLBs, an aging Cowart may have still been the best on our roster. This reminds me of the Trotter situation last year. A veteran player for a bargain price that could shore up a recognized weakness. I don't know what his contract will be, but I'm guessing he'll be fairly cheap. Why did we not even glance at this guy?

Brock
03-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I thought he was a middle.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-26-2005, 11:21 AM
I heard the song was, The Old Gray Mare

Mr. Laz
03-26-2005, 11:34 AM
sorry we were "out of the linebacker market" after we signed Bell.

keg in kc
03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
He's a mike backer and he's crap.

jspchief
03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
I guess he was a MLB for NYJ, but didn't he play some OLB at Buffalo?

As far as him being old, he just turned 30. He's old like Ray Lewis. He may be on the downside of his career, but I'd take him over almost any of our LBs. And I'd definately take him over a young 7th round draft pick.

PHOG
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Some people may ask why..

And then I look at our _efense and ask why not? :shrug:

jspchief
03-26-2005, 11:54 AM
He's a mike backer and he's crap.

Yea. He's certainly no Monty Beisel...:rolleyes:

bricks
03-26-2005, 01:04 PM
sorry we were "out of the linebacker market" after we signed Bell.

Please don't say that Laz, your gonna make me cry. Barber and Fujita aren't getting the job done. we still need another LB, OLb that is. We can always sign a good productive player at a cheap price. we failed with Keith Adams. Warrick Holdman is still out there. He's not bad. If we sign him, maybe he can be the team next version of Lional Dalton for our LB's. there is always hope. Then there is Derrick Johnson.