PDA

View Full Version : I know who's gonna win the NCAA tourney

Mr. Laz
03-26-2005, 12:57 PM
North Carolina .... it's the kansas city curse :deevee:

every team even remotely connected to KC just chokes and pukes all over themselves (chiefs,Royals,KU,KSU etc)

it's just too perfect to not have those bastiges in carolina not win it.

that way we can see 2 million references on t.v. to the fact that deputy dawg couldn't win one at KU but can once he got away from here.

:banghead: :banghead:

http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/SaiyanB4L.jpg

Skip Towne
03-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Naw.....Huckleberry will find a way to blow it.

Braincase
03-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Marv Levy

PastorMikH
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I was thinking last night, now that Roy has a decent team he should have a good shot at taking it all.

teedubya
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
man, Villanova was so close last night. I was rooting for them screaming like I had been a fan since birth.
Man, so close.

Now, Im a huge Wisconsin fan.

Mastashake
03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I was thinking last night, now that Roy has a decent team he should have a good shot at taking it all.

I have them winning against Arizona in the Championship...even though I still have all of my final 4 teams in the elite 8 I am sweating the whole Arizona vs. Illinois bit.

And Williams has a better team at NC. KU maybe had a few better players but NC is stacked from top to bottom and IMO can get better recruiting, cause who DOESN"T wanna play in the ACC, and the school Jordan and Carter went to? Kids look at that whenever they agree.

Mastashake

Mr. Laz
03-26-2005, 01:38 PM
:cuss:

and just wait until ol' greezy head snyder leaves mizzery and wins somethin'

ChiefsCountry
03-26-2005, 01:49 PM
and the school Jordan and Carter went to? Kids look at that whenever they agree.

Mastashake

That is why I hate those bastards who love that school just because Damn Jordan went there. Most kids like UNC just bc of Jordan. Which is sad, bc programs like Kentucky, Kansas, and UCLA have alot better tradition than North Carolina.

Bearcat
03-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Funny how, all season, it was ACC-this, and Big East-that... and how ESPN would have had an all ACC/Big East Elite Eight if the brackets had allowed it..... now it's West Virginia, UNC, and a bunch of schools that don't matter because they don't play on the East coast.

Heh... Roy had plenty of talent to win it all at KU.... not every year like Tiger, er, Kansas fans expect, but this UNC team isn't anything special compared to a couple of the teams at Kansas.

I'll give them credit... last night was a typical Roy Williams game, but instead they won... I'm glad Wisconsin came back to win last night... if they can shoot like they did coming out against UNI, and play their Big 10 defense, we can all quit talking like UNC is the best team in the nation ;)

Mastashake
03-26-2005, 01:56 PM
That is why I hate those bastards who love that school just because Damn Jordan went there. Most kids like UNC just bc of Jordan. Which is sad, bc programs like Kentucky, Kansas, and UCLA have alot better tradition than North Carolina.

A lot of them go there cause of DEAN SMITH and now ROY. They have AWESOME coaching which hasn't ever really been sour. They are annual contenders and everyone wants to play for a winner. Plus, because of Jordan and Carter, it has that National appeal which gives them such a huge fanbase.

Tradition is not enough, it takes coaching. By your standards, Notre Dame football should be No. 1 every year cause they have so much tradition it isn't funny. But without EXCELLENT coaching, they are mediocre.

Kansas will get a lot better whenever they go back and get a coach better than what they got now. And I don't see them getting a coach better than Roy cause there are only 2-3, and they are in stone.

Mastashake

Mr. Laz
03-26-2005, 02:00 PM
A lot of them go there cause of DEAN SMITH and now ROY. They have AWESOME coaching which hasn't ever really been sour. They are annual contenders and everyone wants to play for a winner. Plus, because of Jordan and Carter, it has that National appeal which gives them such a huge fanbase.

Tradition is not enough, it takes coaching. By your standards, Notre Dame football should be No. 1 every year cause they have so much tradition it isn't funny. But without EXCELLENT coaching, they are mediocre.

Kansas will get a lot better whenever they go back and get a coach better than what they got now. And I don't see them getting a coach better than Roy cause there are only 2-3, and they are in stone.

Mastashake

are you sure your real name isn't RaidersRock?

Saulbadguy
03-26-2005, 02:19 PM
UNC has a ton of talent. Quite possibly just as much talent as the 97 KU team, if not more. The problem they had under Doherty is they didn't play together.

Brock
03-26-2005, 02:20 PM

wow, incredible insight.

Skip Towne
03-26-2005, 02:26 PM
I have them winning against Arizona in the Championship...even though I still have all of my final 4 teams in the elite 8 I am sweating the whole Arizona vs. Illinois bit.

And Williams has a better team at NC. KU maybe had a few better players but NC is stacked from top to bottom and IMO can get better recruiting, cause who DOESN"T wanna play in the ACC, and the school Jordan and Carter went to? Kids look at that whenever they agree.

Mastashake
Who is Carter?

chiefs4me
03-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I picked NC in one of the yahoo games because I thought they could win and because my middle son loves them. But after last nights game.....:shake:

Mastashake
03-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Who is Carter?

Vince. Formerly known as Air Canada, now known as Air Newark.

People love him, and it's these flashy players which make their school popular.

Mastashake

Skip Towne
03-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Vince. Formerly known as Air Canada, now known as Air Newark.

People love him, and it's these flashy players which make their school popular.

Mastashake
Never heard of him.

Mastashake
03-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Never heard of him.

No offense, Skip, but anyone who has remotely followed the NBA at any time in the last 5 years knows who Vince Carter is.

Not to be rude, but I'm serious.

Mastashake

Skip Towne
03-26-2005, 02:52 PM
No offense, Skip, but anyone who has remotely followed the NBA at any time in the last 5 years knows who Vince Carter is.

Not to be rude, but I'm serious.

Mastashake
I HATE the NBA. If they were playing in my front yard I wouldn't look out the window.

chiefs4me
03-26-2005, 02:57 PM
I HATE the NBA. If they were playing in my front yard I wouldn't look out the window.

well if that were to happen you better send them to my front yard.....ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Vince Carter is the dunk MASTER.

Skip Towne
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
well if that were to happen you better send them to my front yard.....ROFL
You can have them. I couldn't tell you which team any former Jayhawk plays for. Once they enter the NBA they are as good as dead to me.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-26-2005, 04:27 PM
You can have them. I couldn't tell you which team any former Jayhawk plays for. Once they enter the NBA they are as good as dead to me.

Didn't Nick Collison play for Kansas? He's a Seattle Supersonic now. So now you know one.

StcChief
03-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Illinois. FigHtin' Illini