PDA

View Full Version : Things You've Done on Road Trips.

Rain Man
03-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Poll coming. Feel free to spin yarns.

ChiefsFire
03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
slept with a horribly ugly woman on a bet....

won a sixer of natty light......yeaaaaaaaaa

Cntrygal
03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
When my truck broke down, I looked at some new trucks at the dealership. Thank goodness they were able to get me on the road the next day - or I would have had my biggest impulse buy ever.

ChiefsFire
03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
When my truck broke down, I looked at some new trucks at the dealership. Thank goodness they were able to get me on the road the next day - or I would have had my biggest impulse buy ever.
so whatda ya drive??

kenworth

frieghtliner

mack??

Cntrygal
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
so whatda ya drive??

kenworth

frieghtliner

mack??

I guess I should've said "pickup".

Spicy McHaggis
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
wow, excluding the "truck stop hooker" I've done a lot of these things. I'm all nostalgic now, going to have to convince my buds to take another trip. VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Pretty pedestrian for me and I've been on alot of Texas-Oklahoma/Arkansas-Missouri roadtrips.

Most of those were spent killing my thumbs on a gameboy or reading.

DJay23
03-27-2005, 07:54 PM
slept with a horribly ugly woman on a bet....

won a sixer of natty light......yeaaaaaaaaa
I can't decide which of these two is worse.

Saulbadguy
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Drove 16 hours straight once. That sucked.

Other than that, nothing too wild. We did stop at a McDonalds and filled out an application using fake names, and tried to be as funny as possible on it.

Spicy McHaggis
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I can't decide which of these two is worse.

I figured it went, won a sixer of Natty and then slept with an ugly girl. And then I woke up in a bathtub full of ice without my kidneys. Just to complete the shittiness tri-fecta.

milkman
03-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Drove 16 hours straight once. That sucked.

Other than that, nothing too wild. We did stop at a McDonalds and filled out an application using fake names, and tried to be as funny as possible on it.

Wow, you're a wild man! :)

DJay23
03-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, this wasn't exactly along the road, but my buddy and I snuck into Heinz Field a couple of years ago.

We were in Pittsburgh for a concert, then a Pirates game. The day of the Pirates game we wandered about downtown Pittsburgh. We made our way to Heinz field and proceeded to nose around, looking through gates and windows (My buddy is a huge Steelers fan). We went to the gift shop, which was open (this was in June) then came out and noticed, that one of the gates leading to the concourse was open. We looked around, didn't see anyone, and went through. We went about halfway down the aisle, but were too chickenshit to go any further.

4th and Long
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I figured it went, won a sixer of Natty and then slept with an ugly girl. And then I woke up in a bathtub full of ice without my kidneys. Just to complete the shittiness tri-fecta.
ROFL

Eleazar
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Boy, the truck stop hooker business must really be slumping.

PastorMikH
03-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Implored a semi driver to blow his horn. - Back when I was Kid I used to to that all the time.

Teased a hitchhiker by pulling over and then taking off again - Guilty. I was tempted a few months back to toss a peppermint to a guy holding up a sign that said "Hungry, need food" but stopped when I remembered I was in the church van.

Sang loudly either the Willie Nelson classic “On the Road Again” or Steppenwolf’s “Born to be Wild” - Yep.

Stopped to view a roadside historical marker or scenic pulloff - I've noticed that the older I get, the more I want to do that.

Talked to another traveler at a gas pump - That's not too uncommon for me to do.

Urinated in a bottle or other receptacle in your vehicle. - yep. Got a kidney stone the night after we were voted in at the church before this one. Our HMO was in Missouri so going to the Dr in Kansas wasn't going to happen if I could help it. I handed the keys to the wife and we started accross Kansas. I was having to whiz about every 5 minutes so I picked up an empty soda bottle and told her to keep driving. Somewhere about half-way accross the state I passed the stone. Man that hurt!

Hammock Parties
03-27-2005, 08:13 PM
When people talk about whizzing in bottles I am always reminded of the scene from dumb and dumber.

kcfanintitanhell
03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
This is a strange and rather long-winded story, that happened back in the late 70's. I was working with a band that featured two Brits, called the Mark-Almond Band, and we were on the road opening for the Little River Band on their first American tour. On off days, we had our own show dates, and one was in New York at a place called the Bottom Line, in Greenwich Village. We checked into our hotel about two hours before soundcheck,and a couple of us decided to wander about for a bit before we had to get busy. We were staying at the Central Park Marriott (IIRC), which was, at the time, an older building. I only include this to set up what is coming.
I'd been told that Johhny Almond, the sax player, had some (ahem), deep left-field sexual tendencies, and I was about to find out firsthand.
After getting situated in our rooms, the keyboard player and I decided to see if Johnny wanted to go check out some of the sights. We went to his room, and the door was slightly ajar, so we just walked on in--big mistake!
We see a guy in a Batman outfit humping a blond woman from behind who was chained, buck naked, and partially suspended outside the window fifteen stories up (it was a window that you could roll open, hence the old building reference). I'll never forget the sight of him, startled when we barged in, of him pulling out and whirling around with that Batman cape, minus the tights (if you know what I mean).
We slowly backed out of the room, and spoke nothing of it again, except for torturing him with the Batman theme song ever sound check thereafter.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2367950#
ROFL

ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
03-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Implored a semi driver to blow his horn. - Back when I was Kid I used to to that all the time.

Teased a hitchhiker by pulling over and then taking off again - Guilty. I was tempted a few months back to toss a peppermint to a guy holding up a sign that said "Hungry, need food" but stopped when I remembered I was in the church van.

Sang loudly either the Willie Nelson classic “On the Road Again” or Steppenwolf’s “Born to be Wild” - Yep.

Stopped to view a roadside historical marker or scenic pulloff - I've noticed that the older I get, the more I want to do that.

Talked to another traveler at a gas pump - That's not too uncommon for me to do.

Urinated in a bottle or other receptacle in your vehicle. - yep. Got a kidney stone the night after we were voted in at the church before this one. Our HMO was in Missouri so going to the Dr in Kansas wasn't going to happen if I could help it. I handed the keys to the wife and we started accross Kansas. I was having to whiz about every 5 minutes so I picked up an empty soda bottle and told her to keep driving. Somewhere about half-way accross the state I passed the stone. Man that hurt!
Sometimes, I just lose track of the fact you are a man of the cloth while reading your posts. I have to scroll back up to make sure. I hope I never met you in person, you might convert me.

PastorMikH
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Sometimes, I just lose track of the fact you are a man of the cloth while reading your posts. I have to scroll back up to make sure. I hope I never met you in person, you might convert me.

Speaking of which, I have to go to Columbia next month. Haven't made my mind up on whether to go through Tulsa to Springfield or KC. Tulsa means that I spend all my turnpike $ in my home state, KC means interstate the entire way.

Mr. Laz
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
where are the ...

"pissed in the radiator because the car was overheating"

or

"had sex on the hood of the car by the side of the road"

or

"ate mustard and dorito's sandwiches because all the food was gone"

.... options? :p

luv
03-27-2005, 08:48 PM
You left out being the D.D. after a Chiefs game and driving all the way back to Springfield with two drunk people in the cab of the truck with you. Talk about an experience!!

Mr. Laz
03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Once on the way to Spring Break I pissed in a soda bottle, put the cap back on, and tossed it out the window.

It hit the ground, the cap busted off, and urine sprayed all over the car behind us. That car contained some of my fraternity brothers, so I laughed my ass off. I might've felt bad if it was just some random assholes.

Nah, probably not.

not a road trip, but a few of us refilled a Miller's beer bottle at a party once. Then stuck it in the snow to cool it off.

challenge this chick to a chugging contest with the "special" beer.

needless to say she won the chugging contest cause we were all rolling on the ground laughing are asses off.

luv
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
not a road trip, but a few of us refilled a Miller's beer bottle at a party once. Then stuck it in the snow to cool it off.

challenge this chick to a chugging contest with the "special" beer.

needless to say she won the chugging contest cause we were all rolling on the ground laughing are asses off.

That is just sooooo wrong!! But also sooo funny!!! ROFL

kc rush
03-27-2005, 09:53 PM
I've never slowed down for a hitch hiker, but I have driven by and given them a thumbs up.

Not on the list was that I saw some guy in a car next to me getting a hummer while driving. I was a passenger in a van and we passed this guy and saw what was going on, so we slowed down and opened the side sliding door and all of the guys in the back waved, gave obscene gestures, gave the thumbs up, and so on. The guy just smiled at us with a big doofy smile.

CosmicPal
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
When I was still living in KC, I was out one night with an old buddy of mine. He had a penchant for making annual trips to Vegas. The guy couldn't play poker worth sh*t, but he loved to go to Vegas.

Anyways, so the both of us are hammered and it's nearing closing time. He saunters over to me and says, "VEGAS!!" I asked him how the hell he thinks we're going to get to Vegas when it's 2AM in KC. "ROAD TRIPPIN'"

I repeatedly refused to drive to Vegas when the both of us were clearly in no condition to be driving. He, of course, insisted, and suggested we switch the driving on the way. So, as drunk as I was, I stupidly agreed to make a spontaneous road trip to Vegas and suggested I sleep first and that he wake me up when he starts to get drowsy.

About an hour and a half later I wake up- my face next to the window, resting on my shoulder when I see a road sign saying "Columbia, Missouri, 150 miles" or something like that. I go back to sleep when, a few minutes later, I shot up and shouted at my buddy, "Where the phuck are you going?"
"We're going to Vegas, baby! Whoohoo!"
"Bullsh*t you moron! We're going EAST! We're going EAST you dumbazz- Vegas is WEST!"
My friend looked stunned for a few moments. "Oh sh*t. I geuss you better drive."

We ended up pulling over in the first town and getting a motel for the night.

Delano
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Others:

Playing those driving/drinking games (with a d.d.) where you take a shot if you get passed by another vehicle. It's really cool if the van you are riding in tops out at 70 and the speed limit is 75.

Pissing out the back side of a van with those windows that just pop out at the bottom. Didn't really piss out the bottom, just banked the stream off the window. I was afraid the damn window would swing shut on a bump, or someone would shut it. :deevee:

Stopping on a minimum maintanence road in the middle of ****ing nowhere to take a piss. Everyone piles out to fertilize the ground with liver-filtered beer. Six guys are drunk out of seven, and get back in first. The sober driver gets back in last and can't find the only keys that fit the van. It's freezing out and there are no keys to be found.

That was all on a roadtrip to a strip club for a friend's brother's 18th birthday. Of course we never did see naked chicks that night.