PDA

View Full Version : Official Paris Warren Pimping...

melbar
03-28-2005, 03:24 AM
This kid was Alex Smiths main target at Utah and should go in the 3rd or 4th round.He is being called the most underrated WR in the draft. After this read from Street and Smiths you'll see why:

6-1 210 4,6 (40)
JR 76 rec 809 yards 10.6 ypc 4TD
SR 80 rec 1,076 yards 13.4 ypc 12TD

"Able to get a quick , smooth release. Uses his hands and body well against defenders. Physical. Runs precise routes. Quick in and out of breaks and able to create separation. Will go across the middle and make a tough catch in traffic. Shows good body control in working the sidelines. Will fight for the ball. Comes back to the quarterback when the play breaks down.SOFT RELIABLE HANDS. Will extend his hands and catch the ball out away from his body. Shows good concentration and SELDOM DROPS A CATCHABLE BALL. Adjusts well to the ball in the air. Has made some acrobatic catches. Runs well after the catch and accelerates with a burst. Elusive and dangerous in the open field. Difficult to tackle. Has the speed to stretch the defense and take a catch the distance. Willing downfield blocker. Has also been used to return punts.
--Quality person with the respect of his teammates. Hard worker, studiesfilm and prepares well for each game.
--No significant injuries.
--May be the most underated reciever on the draft board. :hmmm:
This guy could be a real nice 3rd or 4th for us.

Abba-Dabba
03-28-2005, 04:43 AM
4.6/40...

You wouldn't happen to know his 10 and 20yd splits, would you?

I only ask because I think the 10 and 20yd split times are more important in Saunders offense than 40 times for WR's.

AirForceChief
03-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Very nice...but does he fit The Profile?

Mr. Laz
03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
as long as its day 2

AirForceChief
03-28-2005, 10:00 AM
as long as its day 2

C'mon, with CP it'll be Round 2, not day 2... :shake:

Mr. Laz
03-28-2005, 10:02 AM
C'mon, with CP it'll be Round 2, not day 2... :shake:
Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry...

:(

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry...
If I had a gay-o-meter, it would be off-the-charts about right now.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2005, 10:08 AM
If I had a gay-o-meter, it would be off-the-charts about right now.
ROFL ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
03-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Very nice...but does he fit The Profile?

Paris Hilton may fit the profile.....at least what I am looking for:)

Chest Rockwell
03-28-2005, 10:57 AM
All right, there's finally something I feel like I have a little bit of decent input on. I'm a Utah alumn, a rabid Utah football fan, and have seen quite a bit of Parris (only once live though since I don't live in SLC anymore) the past couple of years.

I don't know his 10 and 20 yard splits, but he is a good route runner, is pretty physical and generates good separation. In the sproption Utah has run the last couple of years, he was used mainly as an underneath guy, rarely in routes more than about 15 yards downfield. He's good after the catch, runs very physically, and fights for extra yardage (without comprimising the ball, I don't remember him coughing it up once in the past two years, which is impressive for the way he fights for yardage). He will occasionally break a long-ish play, but really dosen't have the speed to be a consistent big-play guy. He does, however, consistenly make plays bigger than they should be.

I don't know if any of you got to watch Utah year before last (the 10-2 year, not 12-0) but due to lack of depth at reciever (they were about 4 deep legit, to run Urban Meyer's offense you have to be a lot deeper than that) they ran a lot of triple-option QB reads where Warren would come in motion underneath the QB for the shovel-pass. The fact that they used Warren for that rather than Steve Savoy (regardless of what you've seen of Savoy's workout numbers, he was Utah's deep threat. He may not posses great workout speed, but he's got great Football speed. He's the kid who took the reverse 96 yards against BYU this year, despite the fact that BYU had many kids on their defense that ran faster 40 times than him. In fact, Savoy may be a better gamble in the late rounds than Warren earlier (bang for buck wise, not saying Warren can't be a good player) since is 40 times may have run him into UDFA territory. Savoy had a ton of long TD catches for Utah the past 2 years, mostly because he ran away from people. Knocks on Savoy would be attitude and possible off-field issues...he probably dosen't fit the profile.) says a lot about his ability with the ball after the catch. For a lot of teams, Warren would be a possesion or 3rd down-type reciever. With his running ability with the ball, he could be a decent contributor for KC. He's a high-motor, high integrity kid, and the Utah fans have just loved him since he transferred from Oregon. He definitely fits the profile.

Just my $0.02.

Chest Rockwell
03-28-2005, 11:13 AM
One more thing...here's a quote from an interview with Parris:

"If you weren't playing WR, what other position would you want to play?
I would probably play free or strong safety. All through high school I played a lot of defense. If I can't catch the ball, I'd rather hit somebody. I'm not afraid to go across the middle."

A wide reciever who'd play safety otherwise. Maybe CP will take him in the second and convert him to Corner.

melbar
03-28-2005, 09:32 PM
just bumping this up to get the word out . Great insight Chest, thanks! I'm not saying that He's Mike Williams or anything, but he has the same 40 time. Utah didnt have the weapons USC had either.Good character, great routes, great hands, sounds like a great 4th round pickup to me!

Dave Lane
03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Kid only played his junior and senior year as I recall. Would be a tough project, kinda raw, not even that much HS experiance so I project him as a Chiefs 2nd round pick.

Dave

Chest Rockwell
03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
No, he played Frosh. and Soph. at Oregon, didn't play much but was there. Transferred to Utah for Jr. Sr. He went to HS in Sacramento and his senior year was All League, All State, and Capitol Athletic League MVP (49 catches for 1,066yds and 11 TDs; as a DB 97 Tackles 10 ints (2 for TDs), 3 forced fumbles). He's not raw at all. He was by far the most polished reciever Utah had. Good route runner, good hands, only drawback is lack of ideal speed, but he does have a good burst and excellent ability with the ball, like I said.

RE: the Steve Savoy thing, I hope no one thought I was implying he would be a better pick for the Chiefs. He's talented, but raw, and would be a good gamble for a team looking to gamble in the late rounds and hopefully pick up a sleeper who turns out to be a Steve Smith type. Very talented actually, although he was only at Utah 2 years, he drew a lot of comparisons to Steve Smith (VERY high praise at Utah). Savoy would be much more likely to be a CP 2nd round pick (unless, like I said they wanted to convert Paris to CB).

I think Paris would fit the Chiefs much better and agree he would be a good 4th/5th rounder if available. Kind of a Johnnie Morton (i.e. a good replacment for) with better size...who can catch...and likes contact...and is a team guy. So Johnnie Morton if Johnnie Morton was actually a football player.

Chest Rockwell
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry for post-whoring this thread, but if anyone's interested here's a link to the Utah 2004 Year in Review press release which includes game-by-game stats and departing player profiles. It's long (38 pages), but Paris's game by games are on page 8, and his bio is on page 37. Game recaps (which he figures in prominently) start on page 12.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/utah/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/04uu_review.pdf