PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to kick the rep system to the curb?

Pages : [1] 2

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Lend me your ears brothers and sisters of Chiefs Planet...

I am proposing something wild. Something dangerous. What I am going to say maybe offensive; some would call it blashpemy. It is a distinct possibility that my life may be in danger after making this thread but I will live with the consequences. What comes from this will be my burden to bear.

Let's expell the "rep system" from our beloved community. At first it was new and interesting. But now it is a breeding ground for dumbassery and a cause for the whiny posters to whine until thier whining glands can whine no more. It deals in a currency that is more worthless than a Bob "The Hammer" Hamlin baseball card.

Sure there were good times and good threads made from it...but those times have passed.

It is often stated that Chiefs Planet is a community run site and the will of the people can be heard through polls. Our fearless leader Phobia has come out in support of dropping the system and I know there are others who are afraid to speak out who feel the same way. Do not fear the mongoloids who hold rep dear to thier hearts and need it for validation. Do not fear those who actually see it as an online weapon. Do not fear those who take it seriously!

Stand up with me and demand rep be banished from the land!

:)

http://www.zacharycobb.com/picts/rep.jpg

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 08:14 AM
If its good for ZachKC and Phobia, its good for me. I fully stand behind them in support of a greater Chiefsplanet!

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 08:17 AM
If you have a problem with it, turn it off....I've debated that myself.

However, as Brian has pointed out...it's useful in terms of sending a quick message of agreement/approval or disagreement/disapproval without cloggin up the main thread...what's the harm?

You don't like it? Shut it off.... :shrug:

JMHO.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
However, as Brian has pointed out...it's useful in terms of sending a quick message of agreement/approval or disagreement/disapproval without cloggin up the main thread...what's the harm?

You mean like this?

"ROFL REP!"

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
If you have a problem with it, turn it off....I've debated that myself.

You don't like it? Shut it off.... :shrug:

JMHO.
Heh, if you support the system just vote "No"

Furthermore, there is no way to really "turn it off" you can make it so your bars are not shown though.

My main point is that it creates really dumb threads and situations in CP that make for our board to look more petty and childish than it actually is. Heh, and thats saying something.

This is a poll looking at the big picture!

jarjar
03-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Well, I'm new here, but if my opinion counts I think the rep system is kind of silly. It's a popularity system, and like most of them it penalizes unpopular viewpoints which is the opposite of what you want when trying to stir up debate.

edit: +rep for op. lol!

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:20 AM
but if my opinion counts
Indeed it does sir...

htismaqe
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but...

The rep system has data that is stored for it, particularly the comments. I wonder if purging it would improve system performance?

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but...

The rep system has data that is stored for it, particularly the comments. I wonder if purging it would improve system performance?
I just thought about adding that to my plea...I don't know for sure but...

When this was talked about in the past it seemed like the consensus from knowledgable posters was it would have a good effect but it wouldn't be as big of an effect as some think.

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 08:40 AM
I voted yes, because I'm assuming it will upgrade the posts on this place once the rep system is gone. I think there are many posters more concerned about their rep points vs. their actual contribution to the bb. If I remember correctly, this is a football bb. Correct? I can't remember anymore.......................

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I voted yes, because I'm assuming it will upgrade the posts on this place once the rep system is gone. I think there are many posters more concerned about their rep points vs. their actual contribution to the bb. If I remember correctly, this is a football bb. Correct? I can't remember anymore.......................
Yes, Chi put it better than I did.

I agree.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't mind the rep system at all....turn yours off for awhile like I did mine if you can't handle it. Some days with nothing else to do.....except wait and hope for the chiefs to do something, the rep provides amusement.......it is so much eaiser to send someone some rep with a little note instead of writing a pm if you liked or didn't like what they said.

I feel the ones who don't like the rep system should not click on rep threads and turn theirs off....:harumph:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
You mean like this?

"ROFL REP!"

yep! ROFL

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't mind the rep system at all....turn yours off for awhile like I did mine if you can't handle it. Some days with nothing else to do.....except wait and hope for the chiefs to do something, the rep provides amusement.......it is so much eaiser to send someone some rep with a little note instead of writing a pm if you liked or didn't like what they said.

I feel the ones who don't like the rep system should not click on rep threads and turn theirs off....:harumph:
And I would refer you to my response to Kotter's post.

patteeu
I opened this thread to see how many red dots Zach was up to as a result of creating it. Imagine my surprise when I found out he is still in the green.

chiefs4me
ROFL......I just noticed that, most who want the rep gone..have no rep, or theirs is turned off.:hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I couldn't care less about the whole issue....and you can neg rep me for that if you want.

Mark M

Neg rep for the whiny bitch from the windy city ...

:p

It would be nice, however, to keep the messaging system of it intact so I can throw out a ROFL or :shake: without cluttering up threads with just a smilie.

Just a thought ...

MM
~~:shrug:

|Zach|
I opened this thread to see how many red dots Zach was up to as a result of creating it. Imagine my surprise when I found out he is still in the green.
Heh, it could be the Uber-Reppers are not awake yet.

I am more so surpised by the poll results so far. It is still early though.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:49 AM
ROFL......I just noticed that, most who want the rep gone..have no rep, or theirs is turned off.:hmmm:
Like mine... :hmmm:

If it makes you feel any better you can count yourself in as an inspiring force for this poll to be made.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 08:51 AM
And I would refer you to my response to Kotter's post.

I read your answer....but I threw my 2 cents in anyway.....or did you just want people who want the rep gone to post?:harumph:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 08:52 AM
... I think there are many posters more concerned about their rep points vs. their actual contribution to the bb. .....................

If the system restrains certain posters from being really stupid in their posting though, is that a bad thing? :shrug:

It doesn't always work with all of us, but I suspect some would be less "restrained"....and that could be even more ugly. :hmmm:

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:52 AM
I read your answer....but I threw my 2 cents in anyway.....or did you just want people who want the rep gone to post?:harumph:
No I didn't say that. In the future I would appreciate it if you would respond to things I post and not things you make up. Thanks for your help.

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 08:53 AM
I like it. I use it to hammer n00bs.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
I like it. I use it to hammer n00bs.
Interesting, I thought you would be on the other side of this one. That being said I thought Saul would be for keeping it.

You never know. :)

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Like mine... :hmmm:

If it makes you feel any better you can count yourself in as an inspiring force for this poll to be made.

Why.....because every now and then.....we rep happy people take the attention away from you all........:rolleyes:

J Diddy
03-29-2005, 08:55 AM
No I didn't say that. In the future I would appreciate it if you would respond to things I post and not things you make up. Thanks for your help.

Grumpy, grumpy.

You sound like me talking to my kids.

Mr. Kotter
....My main point is that it creates really dumb threads and situations in CP that make for our board to look more petty and childish than it actually is. Heh, and thats saying something.

Except for the occasional "rep" thread, which are pretty minimal except by noobs....I don't agree it would be any better without it; as I've said, some posters would be less 'restrained' than they are....think about that. :hmmm:

|Zach|
Why.....because every now and then.....we rep happy people take the attention away from you all........:rolleyes:
More so the whining part in my topic post.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Grumpy, grumpy.

You sound like me talking to my kids.
:)

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 08:56 AM

It would be nice, however, to keep the messaging system of it intact so I can throw out a ROFL or :shake: without cluttering up threads with just a smilie.

Just a thought ...

MM
~~:shrug:

You know, its still possible to send out a message for a certain post that moves you one way or the other......you know, simply by replying like this:

Let me know if this was effective enough................................. ROFL

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I like the rep system because it causes fights. That's part of the value I get for my entertainment dollar.

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Zach doesn't like the rep system because nobody likes him. It reminds him of getting picked last in dodgeball. :p

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Not bagging on Saul here...we have come to an understanding.....he knows I will kick his ass......:p

But Saul didn't have a problem with the rep for the 2 months he was sending me 80 neg reps a day...only when he went to the red, does he now care.:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Heh, it could be the Uber-Reppers are not awake yet.

I am more so surpised by the poll results so far. It is still early though.

........I've voted "yes" 9 times....so that may effect the validity of the poll. Heh.

(Not really....ask a mod, if you don't believe me!)

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Zach doesn't like the rep system because nobody likes him. It reminds him of getting picked last in dodgeball. :p
http://www.criterionpicusa.com/cplusa/images/lcl_dodgeball.jpg

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:00 AM
........I've voted "yes" 9 times....so that may effect the validity of the poll. Heh.

(Not really....ask a mod, if you don't believe me!)
heh

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 09:01 AM
... did you just want people who want the rep gone to post?:harumph:

Yes. I think that is his point....we are suppose to STFU now.

:harumph:

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Yes. I think that is his point....we are suppose to STFU now.

C'mon...all I saw was a post a lot like yours and I responded to it...so I made a reference to a previous post I had made that covered the points.

Where you folks take "zach thinks I should not be allowed to post my opinions" from that is beyond me.

Kyle401
03-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Eh, the is the first bb I've been a part of that has a rep system. It's kind of interesting but, it's new to me and I've just started using it. I see little harm in it. You can't turn off the system but you can turn off the display. What does it hurt?

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Not bagging on Saul here...we have come to an understanding.....he knows I will kick his ass......:p

But Saul didn't have a problem with the rep for the 2 months he was sending me 80 neg reps a day...only when he went to the red, does he now care.:hmmm:
Let me know if you need any help keeping Saul down there with the peasants.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:04 AM

I was having fun with it while it lasted. I knew eventually it would all be taken away. The rep system itself is flawed, thats why I was able to do what I did. I find the whole system kind of stupid and foolish, therefore fun to exploit.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:04 AM
By the looks of this poll, it may go away. Then what will you do? :)

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:06 AM
By the looks of this poll, it may go away. Then what will you do? :)
It is going in my favor a lot more than I expected...there is still a ton of voting to do.

Ghostof
03-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh I dont know, the rep system has been great to me

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Zach...if you can tell me why the song"The World Turned Upside Down" became infamous...i'll do a little dance...

and vote for no rep-

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 09:07 AM

ROFL.....I think he has pissed enough people off with his rep bombs that nobody is gonna let him out of the red......I kinda almost miss his daily threats and taunts........

NOT.....ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:08 AM
ROFL.....I think he has pissed enough people off with his rep bombs that nobody is gonna let him out of the red......I kinda almost miss his daily threats and taunts........

There you go, lying again. I didn't threaten you. Taunt, well, that all depends on what you think a taunt is. Calling you a retard?

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Zach...if you can tell me why the song"The World Turned Upside Down" became infamous...i'll do a little dance...

and vote for no rep-
Hmm, without googling I remember it in association with the american revolution and a protest... :hmmm:

alpha_omega
03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
I'll say no. It does have some entertainment value (even for a sparse poster like me).

cadmonkey
03-29-2005, 09:13 AM
I like the Rep System. It allows simple minds to see who is "really" worth paying attention to, just by looking at their green boxes.

morphius
03-29-2005, 09:14 AM
You know, its still possible to send out a message for a certain post that moves you one way or the other......you know, simply by replying like this:

Which part of...
without cluttering up threads with just a smilie.
...did you misunderstand?

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 09:17 AM
"50 Post Intermission:"

Hey, folks...especially those of you who don't normally frequent the "DC Forum" because you prefer to avoid "conflict" or just are a flat out pansy...Have we GOT the threads for you!!!

Hey, we've got a couple of GOOOOOOD threads goin' on over there....two thumbs up for both:

:thumb: :thumb:

WHO is going to heaven??? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113087)

And...

Homophobes vs. QueerLovers: Who's most politically correct??? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113017)

Come on over for the fun; no food and beverages allowed though.... :)

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 09:17 AM
It is going in my favor a lot more than I expected...there is still a ton of voting to do.

It's going in your favor..............

So you want the rep gone......why....just turn yours off and don't ever mess with it again.......or is that not good enough for you. You want to take it away from the rest of us because YOU don't like it........:harumph:

I knew it wasn't about the way the board felt.....you must have a personal vendetta against someone and by getting rid of the rep you think you win.......:rolleyes:

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Which part of...

...did you misunderstand?

Oh, man. I didn't realize this 4321 was clutter. My apologies.............

What then, would we call gobo's posts?

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:19 AM
I knew it wasn't about the way the board felt.....you must have a personal vendetta against someone and by getting rid of the rep you think you win.......:rolleyes:
What the hell are you talking about? If its not about the way the board felt, why have 19 people voted against it?

If you think the board needs some sort of change, start a poll. I've been told numerous times this is a community ran board, and thats how I feel. Its not about what ZachKC thinks, its about what the board thinks.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 09:20 AM

:whackit:

MM
~~:moon:

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 09:20 AM
There you go, lying again. I didn't threaten you. Taunt, well, that all depends on what you think a taunt is. Calling you a retard?

Saul.....you know I have no way of puling up the rep comments....but you did threaten me in several ways....telling me your gonna kill me....hope I die......calling me more dirty names then I have heard since high school. Now don't call me a liar again.....it's over.:harumph:

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Saul.....you know I have no way of puling up the rep comments....but you did threaten me in several ways....telling me your gonna kill me....hope I die......calling me more dirty names then I have heard since high school. Now don't call me a liar again.....it's over.:harumph:
What the **** ever. If you can prove all those things, i'll leave the board forever. I never threatened your life, or anyone on this board, for that matter. I'm not Tom Cash. You are so full of shit its amazing.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Would you two change your tampons and get over it already?

We've got important issues to discuss here ...

MM
~~nlm

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
What the hell are you talking about? If its not about the way the board felt, why have 19 people voted against it?

If you think the board needs some sort of change, start a poll. I've been told numerous times this is a community ran board, and thats how I feel. Its not about what ZachKC thinks, its about what the board thinks.

So did you put Zach up to this?:hmmm:......open your eyes dimwit...he said going in my favor...what the hell does that mean to you?

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:33 AM
It's going in your favor..............

So you want the rep gone......why....just turn yours off and don't ever mess with it again.......or is that not good enough for you. You want to take it away from the rest of us because YOU don't like it........:harumph:

Heh, and who says people don't take rep seriously.

I wish there was a hall of classics for single posts.

Aside from this if rep stays or goes it will be because of CP not me. I am just one vote.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM
So did you put Zach up to this?:hmmm:......open your eyes dimwit...he said going in my favor...what the hell does that mean to you?

It is going in my favor. In the topic post I made public that I am in favor of having it thrown out. Yet, for those that disagree with me I let gave them an option for it to stay.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Aside from this if rep stays or goes it will be because of CP not me. I am just one vote.
Carl Peterson? :cuss:

God damn, he even virtually screws us.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Zach and I are one in the same. I've been running from the truth this long, its time to face it.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:38 AM
It wasn't until the middle of the thread that c4me realized I was against the rep system.

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 09:40 AM
It is going in my favor. In the topic post I made public that I am in favor of having it thrown out. Yet, for those that disagree with me I let gave them an option for it to stay.

ROFL

Jefferson Davis thought things were going well for the south too.. after Gettysburg

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Jefferson Davis thought things were going well for the south too.. after Gettysburg
Indeed.

jspchief
03-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I like the rep system.

I like being able to acknowledge someone when they make a witty remark, and I like the affirmation when I make one.

We could still give people their props via posts/smileys, but I think that would be a bigger detriment to the board than the occasional stupid rep thread. Threads get cluttered enough with spam without having 5 "rep posts" after every funny remark (I know it already happens, but it's on a small scale).

If someone can enlighten me on all this dumbassery (maybe Imissed it last week while I was gone), I'd be willing listen. As it stands, all I see is the occasional noob post about it, the occasioinal late night mod-abuse of it, and Chiefs4me's retarded obsession with it.

If we want to clean up dumbassery on the Planet, I suggest banning the dopes that offer nothing but dumbassery.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:01 AM

Eh, Davis thought things were going "well" after Lee's first significant defeat.....and after Lee himself offered to resign??? :hmmm:

Mark M
03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Who the **** is jidar and why the neg rep for blowing ChiTown some shit?

ChiTown -- do you have a new bitch of whom I should be aware?

Not that I care, or anything ...

MM
~~:D

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:04 AM

MM
~~:spock:

jidar neg repped you??? :hmmm:

Mark M
03-29-2005, 10:06 AM
jidar neg repped you??? :hmmm:

Yeah. The neg rep doesn't really bother me.

What bothers me is the lack of any kind of comment. I mean, if you think my post sucked ass, at least let me know why ...

that way, I can make sure to do it again.

MM
~~:evil:

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Eh, Davis thought things were going "well" after Lee's first significant defeat.....and after Lee himself offered to resign??? :hmmm:

I was making a point that Davis was defiant in the face of a losing cause...not unlike our main man Zach.

ChiTown

Not that I care, or anything ...

MM

Wha? :spock:

BTW, the next time you wanna shit, blow it a different direction. That, or stop eating Mexican food. Geezus.............

Rain Man
What the **** ever. If you can prove all those things, i'll leave the board forever. I never threatened your life, or anyone on this board, for that matter. I'm not Tom Cash. You are so full of shit its amazing.

Perhaps it's time we all spoke up and banded together. Saul has threatened to kill me, too.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I was making a point that Davis was defiant in the face of a losing cause...not unlike our main man Zach.

Gotcha....I figured I missed something. I usually do....heh.

Roy D. Mercer
03-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Perhaps it's time we all spoke up and banded together. Saul has threatened to kill me, too.
Yeah, me too.

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Gotcha....I figured I missed something. I usually do....heh.

Saul's going to kill you now. Saul hates people missing stuff.

chiefs4me
I like the rep system.

I like being able to acknowledge someone when they make a witty remark, and I like the affirmation when I make one.

We could still give people their props via posts/smileys, but I think that would be a bigger detriment to the board than the occasional stupid rep thread. Threads get cluttered enough with spam without having 5 "rep posts" after every funny remark (I know it already happens, but it's on a small scale).

If someone can enlighten me on all this dumbassery (maybe Imissed it last week while I was gone), I'd be willing listen. As it stands, all I see is the occasional noob post about it, the occasioinal late night mod-abuse of it, and Chiefs4me's retarded obsession with it.

If we want to clean up dumbassery on the Planet, I suggest banning the dopes that offer nothing but dumbassery.

obession with it....I didn't make this thread or the rep thread before this one....or the one before that one and so on......:rolleyes:

Were you gone last week....I didn't even notice...:harumph:

And maybe you can be the first dumbass to go....:)

Mark M
Wha? :spock:

BTW, the next time you wanna shit, blow it a different direction. That, or stop eating Mexican food. Geezus.............

ROFL

Actually, I did have Mexican last night. It wasn't real spicy, just hot enough to make poop runny.

MM
~~:fart:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Saul's going to kill you now. Saul hates people missing stuff.

Kill me?

Those Jews are so violent. :shake:

Mark M
03-29-2005, 10:15 AM

Uh oh ...

MM
~~:eek:

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
ROFL

Actually, I did have Mexican last night. It wasn't real spicy, just hot enough to make poop runny.

MM
~~:fart:

:shake:

I could have done without that visual, especially when I'm having sloppy joe leftovers for lunch. Bastard! :cuss:

Mark M
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM

I could have done without that visual, especially when I'm having sloppy joe leftovers for lunch. Bastard! :cuss:

My work here is done ...

MM

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Uh oh ...

MM
~~:eek:

We'll miss you MM...but,self banning is really the decent thing to do-

Rain Man will be all alone on this board if we all chose the same path...

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Meh, I think the system is cool. I don't see all the harm it supposedly brings according to Zach. I like being able to give somebody rep for a good post and neg rep (rarely) for a really dumb post. It's a good system, and the rep fights rarely happen. They are like airplane crashes, 1 in a million crashes but when it does - it's huge, people become scared of flying, etc. My point is - I'm voting for the rep staying.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM

He can call me a liar all he wants......he knows what he said to me...

Retarded people like you should die, is one of them and the another one is...I hope you die ****...........ROFL

I just think it's funny that the posters who used to have all the rep and abused the rep system are calling for it to go away now....after they lost their rep......ROFL

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
He can call me a liar all he wants......he knows what he said to me...

Retarded people like you should die, is one of them and the another one is...I hope you die ****...........ROFL

I just think it's funny that the posters who used to have all the rep and abused the rep system are calling for it to go away now....after they lost their rep......ROFL

Take a screenshot and post it, or S T F U. This is a serious thread, and you are the prime example of why a lot of people want to get rid of the system. Can you get any more stupid than this?

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:29 AM
and you are the prime example of why a lot of people want to get rid of the system.
Pretty much

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Take a screenshot...?

HOW do you do that??? :hmmm:

Seriously; your help might even get you a little rep....ummmmm-hmmmmmm. :p

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM

If you are using windows you click the "Prt Scrn" buttons at the same time and it captures a picture of your desktop. From there you can paste it to a program of your choosing...I use photoshop but anything like "paint" will do it. From there you can save it as a picture.

gblowfish
03-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I'd be for outlawing the despicable practice of "trolling for rep." And if you agree with me, please hit me with some favorable rep...pleeeeze?

Pants

Press the "print screen" button + ctrl on your keyboard, go to Paint and press crtl+v, then save and attach to your post.

Skip Towne
Take a screenshot and post it, or S T F U. This is a serious thread, and you are the prime example of why a lot of people want to get rid of the system. Can you get any more stupid than this?
S T F U, Metrolike, you grimy little bitch turd.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 10:34 AM

**** off little boy.........If you think this is a serious thread about real life then you need to go back to school......this is nothing more then fun...and if you think it is more then you have big problems.......:rolleyes:

I am a prime example......:rolleyes: even when everyone is busy giving me neg rep I am giving them back pos rep.......it is a game.

And yes I just got really stupid by responding to your post.:harumph:

Now don't ever speak to me again.....I have no time for stupid little boys......:harumph:

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:34 AM
S T F U, Metrolike, you grimy little bitch turd.

Dude, I don't care if she's your best friend, she's acting like a complete moron on the thread and it isn't my fault.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Dude, I don't care if she's your best friend, she's acting like a complete moron on the thread and it isn't my fault.
Seriosuly, go from the start of this thread and read her posts...its amazing.

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 10:37 AM
EVERYTHING is your fault.

|Zach|
EVERYTHING is your fault.
He has a point there.

Mark M
Why is it that almost every single thread chiefs4me posts on becomes a pissing match that's all about her?

Seriously ... I've seen it happen far too often in the last few weeks for it to be just a random thing.

MM
~~:shake:

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:38 AM
If you think this is a serious thread about real life

All you can do is put words in my mouth to try and make a point that isn't even there, but I wasn't expecting anything esle from you.

This thread is serious as far as this forum goes and it isn't a place for your retarded "games". We all know you are the one who gives the most shit about rep on this whole board, to you it's a game (that you evidently care a lot about), to us it's a good way to commend good post and leave negative feedback if the posts are of bad quality.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Without the rep sysptem, we'd lose the sort of quality discussion that permeates this thread.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Why is it that almost every single thread chiefs4me posts on becomes a pissing match that's all about her?

Seriously ... I've seen it happen far too often in the last few weeks for it to be just a random thing.

MM
:shrug: She's just a compulsive liar. Either that, or I gave her too much credit after I said she had "figured it out."

I've come to the conclusion that if you challenge her view point, its because you either want to kill her, or **** her. :shake:

Kyle401
03-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Seriosuly, go from the start of this thread and read her posts...its amazing.
I say if we get rid of anything, get rid of this :harumph: smilie. It's been used far too often in this thread (but it does suit her).

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I've come to the conclusion that if you challenge her view point, its because you either want to kill her, or **** her.I believe the clinical psychological term for that is "female".

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
because they don't want me saying anything......I am not supposed to have opinions.....just sit back and read and don't speak.......Well not in this world or my lifetime. If I got something to say I am gonna say it.....and no stupid little boys are gonna tell me different.........you could always put me on ignore...but then you would have nothing to bitch about......ROFL

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
If the rep system is abolished, I will kill myself and take as many of you with me as possible.

And just as a warning, I voted to abolish it.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
because they don't want me saying anything......I am not supposed to have opinions.....just sit back and read and don't speak.......Well not in this world or my lifetime. If I got something to say I am gonna say it.....and no stupid little boys are gonna tell me different.........you could always put me on ignore...but then you would have nothing to bitch about......ROFL
In the past this has worked out for badgirl and c4me. You have to type in all caps and use single simple sentances to get anything across to them.

WE ARE NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE AN OPINION.

WE ARE SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THINGS UP, LIKE SAYING SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING WHEN THEY NEVER DID.

UTChief
03-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Can sombody explain just how the rep points work I have exactly the same number of bad rep that I have good rep but I am In the hole 2 red squares dosent make sense. Does bad rep count more than good rep?

teedubya
03-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Heh, if you support the system just vote "No"

Furthermore, there is no way to really "turn it off" you can make it so your bars are not shown though.

My main point is that it creates really dumb threads and situations in CP that make for our board to look more petty and childish than it actually is. Heh, and thats saying something.

This is a poll looking at the big picture!

Yeah, as petty and childish as say... "Im leaving forever" threads

heh.

actually, I meant the "I am Done" threads...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76427

ROFL Those are my favorite of the CP mature threads... they certainly arent petty.

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:46 AM

LOL, we just don't want you saying anything stupid. If, in your case, that means everything you say, than, yeah, we'd rather you not talk.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Uh oh, one of the people who keeps rep close to their heart is defensive.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 10:47 AM
All you can do is put words in my mouth to try and make a point that isn't even there, but I wasn't expecting anything esle from you.

This thread is serious as far as this forum goes and it isn't a place for your retarded "games". We all know you are the one who gives the most shit about rep on this whole board, to you it's a game (that you evidently care a lot about), to us it's a good way to commend good post and leave negative feedback if the posts are of bad quality.

ROFL.....my butt buddies got their rep taken away so let's just rid the planet of it altogether.......:)

Who is this we all know that it's because of you...:hmmm:

Did your momma not hug you enough when you were growing up? :harumph:

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
This is so ironic - there was a chance that people would vote to keep rep until chiefs4me started posting here.

keg in kc
If the rep system is abolished, I will kill myselfAwesome. Are you going to broadcast it on webcam?and take as many of you with me as possible.Oh. Oops. Nevermind.

|Zach|
ROFL.....my butt buddies got their rep taken away so let's just rid the planet of it altogether.......:)

I personally have a long history of posts saying we should lose rep long before anyone lost thier ability to give it.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 10:49 AM

heh.There've been some classics, there.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 10:50 AM
If the rep system is abolished, I will kill myself and take as many of you with me as possible.

And just as a warning, I voted to abolish it.

Did you attend HS on an Indian Reservation, or a middle class Denver suburb by chance???

Just a question, Kev; don't get defensive....just wonderin'....

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 10:51 AM
You must remember that the rep system spawned this fine thread. Vote NO on the rep system poll or I will kill Rainman.

Pants
03-29-2005, 10:51 AM

Wow, you're truly retarded. First, if you read my posts, I voted for the system to stay. Second, who are my "butt buddies"? Just because I agree with people who think you are stupid, doesn't mean we are friends. Calling us gay is a strong argument, though. It's sure going to change our minds about you.

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
In the past this has worked out for badgirl and c4me. You have to type in all caps and use single simple sentances to get anything across to them.

WE ARE NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE AN OPINION.

WE ARE SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THINGS UP, LIKE SAYING SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING WHEN THEY NEVER DID.

A little bird just told me that even if I did posts the quotes that Saul left me....threatening me......You would just say I made it up.:hmmm: Or typed it myself. They just might be right.......it wasn't only on rep comments that he got so mean and hateful. If it was really that important to me......I would go search for threads that he said that stuff in. But hell there were so many of them....and it's just not worth my time...kinda like you...:harumph:

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Without the rep sysptem, we'd lose the sort of quality discussion that permeates this thread.

Not to mention the time it allows Kevin to deliver another spaceship poll.

I mean that guy can't be THAT witty....can he?

Mark M
03-29-2005, 10:54 AM

Hmmm ... that's funny. Neither I, nor anyone else, posted anything like that in this thread.

You've obviously been to the Mark M's Mother-in-Law School of Interpretation ...

you know, the one that teaches people how to replace what was actually said (or typed) with whatever that person wants to hear (or read).

MM

Saulbadguy
A little bird just told me that even if I did posts the quotes that Saul left me....threatening me......You would just say I made it up.:hmmm: Or typed it myself. They just might be right.......it wasn't only on rep comments that he got so mean and hateful. If it was really that important to me......I would go search for threads that he said that stuff in. But hell there were so many of them....and it's just not worth my time...kinda like you...:harumph:
Hey, if you can prove I truly threatened your life, you wouldn't have to deal with me at all again. But, if thats not worth your time, oh well. I'm just calling you out on your outright lie.

Besides, we all know you are not capable of A) Creating a screen shot, B) Modifying it, C) Attaching it to a post.

Nzoner
I know there are others who are afraid to speak out who feel the same way. Do not fear the mongoloids who hold rep dear to thier hearts and need it for validation. Do not fear those who actually see it as an online weapon. Do not fears those who take it seriously!

Stand up with me and demand rep be banished from the land!

Just last night I was watching some of The Breakfast Club again and I was thinking to myself how much The Planet mirrors the characters.Oh I'm sure most if not all messageboards are the same,however,CP is where I spend the majority of my net time and is easily the most involved I've ever become in an online community.

Personally,I think having our Brian Johnsons' ;) our Benders and jocks etc is what makes the place so enjoyable.As for Kotter's response about the rep system keeping people from making dumbass comments,I disagree,lord knows I've made plenty myself and those little boxes have never been a deterrent to that.

I could go on and get real serious about how the events of these last few days have caused me to take a step back and take a look at what is really important in life but I'll just say popularity contests and bickering over what and what shouldn't be posted on a public messageboard is nowhere near the top of the list.

That said if "kicking the rep system to the curb" is best for The Planet as a whole,i.e. bringing back the search feature,helping with overall performance,etc etc then I'm all for it.

As for people being afraid to speak out against or people using the rep system as a weapon all I can say is wow,I never realized people could take that so seriously and apparently I'm not as involved in this community as I thought.

Pants

You don't have the necessary skills to change a screenshot and make it look realistic. Admit it, you were lying. If not, post the screenshot - you know how to do it now. There are no more excuses.

teedubya
Uh oh, one of the people who keeps rep close to their heart is defensive.

personally, I find it amusing. You say something witty, people reward you with something witty. I enjoy the comments more than the green bars.

btw you are the one commenting about not being petty, but yet committed the pettiest of sins... the 'Im Leaving and taking my ball home' thread.

|Zach|
A little bird just told me that even if I did posts the quotes that Saul left me....threatening me......You would just say I made it up.:hmmm:

Not at all, if you could provide a screen shot (which is easy to do) I would have no choice but to believe you. Yet something else you are misinformed about.

keg in kc
Not to mention the time it allows Kevin to deliver another spaceship poll.

I mean that guy can't be THAT witty....can he?That depends on whether you left a "t" out of the question.

That witty? Nah.

That twitty?

Nod.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Hmmm ... that's funny. Neither I, nor anyone else, posted anything like that in this thread.

You've obviously been to the Mark M's Mother-in-Law School of Interpretation ...

you know, the one that teaches people how to replace what was actually said (or typed) with whatever that person wants to hear (or read).I believe the clinical psychological term for that is "female".

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Just last night I was watching some of The Breakfast Club again and I was thinking to myself how much The Planet mirrors the characters.Oh I'm sure most if not all messageboards are the same,however,CP is where I spend the majority of my net time and is easily the most involved I've ever become in an online community.

Personally,I think having our Brian Johnsons' ;) our Benders and jocks etc is what makes the place so enjoyable.As for Kotter's response about the rep system keeping people from making dumbass comments,I disagree,lord knows I've made plenty myself and those little boxes have never been a deterrent to that.

I could go on and get real serious about how the events of these last few days have caused me to take a step back and take a look at what is really important in life but I'll just say popularity contests and bickering over what and what shouldn't be posted on a public messageboard is nowhere near the top of the list.

That said if "kicking the rep system to the curb" is best for The Planet as a whole,i.e. bringing back the search feature,helping with overall performance,etc etc then I'm all for it.

As for people being afraid to speak out against or people using the rep system as a weapon all I can say is wow,I never realized people could take that so seriously and apparently I'm not as involved in this community as I thought.

Good post...as far as people being afraid. That was more so of a joke on my part.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 10:58 AM
personally, I find it amusing. You say something witty, people reward you with something witty. I enjoy the comments more than the green bars.

btw you are the one commenting about not being petty, but yet committed the pettiest of sins... the 'Im Leaving and taking my ball home' thread.
Indeed, it was a tough week and that whole situation was explained. I guess I join the ranks of Hoover and BrainCase posters I respect immensely (sp?)

TRR
03-29-2005, 10:58 AM
I like the rep system...I say keep it. I like giving rep for good posts. It holds more merit than posting, "good post."

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 11:00 AM
That depends on whether you left a "t" out of the question.

That witty? Nah.

That twitty?

Nod.

Of course i meant Twitty!!!

It's well documented that RainMan is a closet Conway Twitty afficianado.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Press the "print screen" button + ctrl on your keyboard, go to Paint and press crtl+v, then save and attach to your post.

Test:

jAZ
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
turn off the points, leave the comments.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Of course i meant Twitty!!!

It's well documented that RainMan is a closet Conway Twitty afficianado.I always suspected he was in the closet, but I didn't know about Conway Twitty. It was the apricot beamer. That just screams "where's the nearest tea room, boys".

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
This is so ironic - there was a chance that people would vote to keep rep until chiefs4me started posting here.

I revived this thread....it was dying before I posted.:harumph: I also thought it was about rep.....sorry I was wrong........ROFL

And keep it up..for every name or bad thing you say to me...posters are sending me pos rep telling me to ignore dimwits like you 2....well actually they called you worse names then that.....ROFL

Oh my gosh....I have to log off and go to school for a meeting. That means I have to go in the real world, how am I ever gonna do that without you telling me what to do.:rolleyes:

:deevee:.........the girl is posting on my thread.....I want her gone. That is what you are sounding like. I almost feel like you are a female trying to have a catfight.....ROFL

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
And keep it up..for every name or bad thing you say to me...posters are sending me pos rep telling me to ignore dimwits like you 2....well actually they called you worse names then that....Riiiiight.

WilliamTheIrish
03-29-2005, 11:07 AM

"It's tough being a fan sometimes..."

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
So how's this all work, anyway? I've never actually given anyone rep. When one of you finally says something that moves me enough to do so, are you going to get like this enormous nuclear repbomb or does it not work that way?

Nzoner
03-29-2005, 11:10 AM
I revived this thread....it was dying before I posted.:harumph: I also thought it was about rep.....sorry I was wrong........ROFL

And keep it up..for every name or bad thing you say to me...posters are sending me pos rep telling me to ignore dimwits like you 2....well actually they called you worse names then that.....ROFL

Oh my gosh....I have to log off and go to school for a meeting. That means I have to go in the real world, how am I ever gonna do that without you telling me what to do.:rolleyes:

:deevee:.........the girl is posting on my thread.....I want her gone. That is what you are sounding like. I almost feel like you are a female trying to have a catfight.....ROFL

Pat,I'd like to buy an I

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Pat,I'd like to buy an I
http://www.wheeloffortuneinfo.com/PatAndVanna-White.JPG

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I revived this thread....it was dying before I posted.:harumph:

Oh ... my ... ****ing ... gawd.

That would be funny if you didn't actually believe it. But since you've posted this line in more than one thread, it's just pathetic.

BTW, I didn't know that rep disabled the search feature. If given the choice, I vote for the search to be back.

MM
~~:)

ChiefJustice
There is no "I" in rep...oh wait,...d'oh

teedubya
"It's tough being a fan sometimes..."

heh. especially those foolish enough to like KState... it must really suck for them.

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 11:14 AM
heh. especially those foolish enough to like KState... it must really suck for them.

:insert Roy Willams picture here:

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 11:15 AM
You don't have the necessary skills to change a screenshot and make it look realistic. Admit it, you were lying. If not, post the screenshot - you know how to do it now. There are no more excuses.

Well yea I do....but I feel that the comments posters leave you on rep is private. At least when I give someone a comment I hope it stays private.

I guess I could ask them if it's okay......but I really don't care if you think I can do something or not. I don't care if you believe me or not. You must be under the impression that you are somebody to me. Your opinion or thoughts do not matter to me. You thinking I am lying is about as important to me as the trash man thinking I throw to much food away..ROFL

Well looky.....took this boring ass thread to 5 pages.....my work is done.:harumph: This last line is for you MM....because you can't let it go.

keg in kc
That would be funny if you didn't actually believe it. But since you've posted this line in more than one thread, it's just pathetic.What'll be funny is a few hours from now when ten more pages have passed, she's no longer a topic of conversation yet she'll somehow have kept the thread going.

WilliamTheIrish

Bucknell.

teedubya
if disabling rep allows the search function to become once again, accessible... Im all for it.

I do, think that Chiefsplanet may become a more serious place... some post witty things, just to get a response + / -

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Yowza.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
So how's this all work, anyway? I've never actually given anyone rep. When one of you finally says something that moves me enough to do so, are you going to get like this enormous nuclear repbomb or does it not work that way?

The more rep you got, the more you can give or take away.

MM

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I guess I could ask them if it's okay......but I really don't care if you think I can do something or not. I don't care if you believe me or not. You must be under the impression that you are somebody to me. Your opinion or thoughts do not matter to me. You thinking I am lying is about as important to me as the trash man thinking I throw to much food away..Actually, if his opinions or thoughts didn't matter to you, you wouldn't take the time to tell him that his opinion or thoughts do not matter to you. It's funny how that works, isn't it.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Well yea I do....but I feel that the comments posters leave you on rep is private. At least when I give someone a comment I hope it stays private.

I guess I could ask them if it's okay......but I really don't care if you think I can do something or not. I don't care if you believe me or not. You must be under the impression that you are somebody to me. Your opinion or thoughts do not matter to me. You thinking I am lying is about as important to me as the trash man thinking I throw to much food away..ROFL

Well looky.....took this boring ass thread to 5 pages.....my work is done.:harumph:
Hold on, I am trying to find a way to reply to post after post of yours yet still act like I dont care at the same time.

I am still working get back with me.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Actually, if his opinions or thoughts didn't matter to you, you wouldn't take the time to tell him that his opinion or thoughts do not matter to you. It's funny how that works, isn't it.
HEYO! common sense.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
The more rep you got, the more you can give or take away.How do you know how much you have, in relative terms?

What I mean is that I know the specific number, but I'm not sure how much it is in terms of my power over life and death.

Bwahahaha. Callahan

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
What'll be funny is a few hours from now when ten more pages have passed, she's no longer a topic of conversation yet she'll somehow have kept the thread going.

ROFL

The only reason she supposedly "saves threads" is because she insults someone, they respond, and then she spends the next 25 posts going on about how no one can affect her and none of us matter to her.

Throw in the occasional "you hate me because I'm a woman" post and you've got every response she's ever made.

MM
~~:LOL:

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I am hoping that this won't be decided by 1 vote.

hasn't 2/3 majority worked so far?

chiefs4me
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
What'll be funny is a few hours from now when ten more pages have passed, she's no longer a topic of conversation yet she'll somehow have kept the thread going.

ah ha....I see, the true colors shining ......

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:22 AM
How do you know how much you have, in relative terms?

What I mean is that I know the specific number, but I'm not sure how much it is in terms of my power over life and death, bwahahaha.

Nor do I. I just know that getting positive rep from me carries more weight than, say, Daddy T, but less than, say, yourself. I'm sure there's some formula.

Hit me with some and we'll see what happens (positive or negative).

I've got 21994 right now. Let's see your power ...

MM

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I am hoping that this won't be decided by 1 vote.

hasn't 2/3 majority worked so far?
It has always been a simple majority if I recall.

jAZ
03-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Yowza.
Which way did all of Tom Cash's ID's vote?

teedubya
if disabling rep allows the search function to become once again, accessible... Im all for it.

I do, think that Chiefsplanet may become a more serious place... some post witty things, just to get a response + / -

keg in kc
ah ha....I see, the true colors shining ......True colors? I think everybody here knows my true colors. I will always speak my mind, regardless of who or what the topic is. I don't play favorites and I don't pull punches. Everyone is fair game and open for target practice, if I think they deserve it. Including myself.

ChiefJustice
How do you know how much you have, in relative terms?

What I mean is that I know the specific number, but I'm not sure how much it is in terms of my power over life and death.

Bwahahaha. Callahan

Rep points=force points...nerd boy!

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Which way did all of Tom Cash's ID's vote?
I imagine Phil will go through and glance at them for authenticity at some point.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Hit me with some and we'll see what happens (positive or negative).Alright. I'll try anything once. But don't think this means we're engaged or something. Whore.

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 11:27 AM

Rep is an admendment....don't you think that would require the same
vote to abolish it?

Pants
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM

Well looky.....took this boring ass thread to 5 pages.....my work is done.:harumph: This last line is for you MM....because you can't let it go.

Hahaha, how can you have enough skills to change a screenshot if you didn't even think about blacking out the others' names and comments and leave only Saul's ones.

I still cannot believe how ignorant and stupid you are if you think you helped some cause here. Once again you made a fool of yourself and proved to people why the rep system should be kicked to the curb. Also, you do care what people say about you on this forum, it's evident in your posts.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Well I am off to Panera Bread and then I have a date with a Biology and Media class. So far this poll is a lot closer than I thought it would be. I figured this attempt would be a lot more futile.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out when I get back.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Rep is an admendment....don't you think that would require the same
vote to abolish it?
Ha, set forth by the Chiefs Planet constitution.

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Did you attend HS on an Indian Reservation, or a middle class Denver suburb by chance???

Just a question, Kev; don't get defensive....just wonderin'....

That's it. You're first. Please PM me your address and the route you take to work.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Alright. I'll try anything once. But don't think this means we're engaged or something. Whore.

ROFL

Okay, I've now got 22257. Depending on how much you have total will determine why that 263 was added to my total.

If you've got 263XX total rep then, what, 1% or something was added? I don't do math, so somone smart can figure it out.
:stupid:

Oh, BTW—I'm already married, so there can't be an engagement.

But I do have a sister ...

MM

Bearcat
03-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Maybe have a rep forum? It worked for politics :shrug:

I like reading the comments I get, and I pretty much ignore the threads about it, much like ignoring other stupid threads... I'm pretty indifferent.

ChiefJustice
03-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Ha, set forth by the Chiefs Planet constitution.

Kyle is Franklin to Phil's Hancock!

That's right....i went there sister!!

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:39 AM
If you've got 263XX total rep then, what, 1% or something was added?Must be something close to that. My number is 26727.But I do have a sister.Thanks, but I think I'll stick with Vinyl Velma for the time being. Plastic girls don't talk back and you don't get arrested for locking them in the closet.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Must be something close to that. My number is 26727.

I bet that's it then. Not sure if neg rep works the same way ... although, after posting that, I'm sure someone will let me know. :D

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with Vinyl Velma for the time being. Plastic girls don't talk back and you don't get arrested for locking them in the closet.

You've obviously never met my sister ...

MM
~~;)

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
You've obviously never met my sister ...I was trying to be nice (*cough*) but I should point out that...bloating is never a problem since I can deflate Latex Lucy as the situation dictates.

teedubya
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
if disabling rep allows the search function to become once again, accessible... Im all for it.Ditto. I really miss search.

teedubya
03-29-2005, 12:01 PM
wow. my comp went apeshit... posted that post 3 times. damn Macs.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 12:01 PM

I just thought you had a stutter ...

MM

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I just thought you had a stutter ...

MM
I'm an excellent driver.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:10 PM

I think it was something along the lines of 60% or 2/3rds, IRCC. I could be wrong though... :hmmm:

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I wish this was the kind of poll where we could see who voted each way.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I imagine Phil will go through and glance at them for authenticity at some point.

"Damn, damn, damn--and it would have succeeded too......were it not spoiled again by these cursed kids!"

FTR, I sold my other IDs to beer me....including passwords. heh.

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh, OK, I just thought you were a postwhore.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Alright. I'll try anything once. But don't think this means we're engaged or something. Whore.

Were you using protection Kyle? :shake:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:15 PM
That's it. You're first. Please PM me your address and the route you take to work.

I live in Phil's basement. I have a goatee and a really big head. I'm fond of saying "dude."

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Were you using protection Kyle?I've found ZoneAlarm to be all the protection I need here.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I've found ZoneAlarm to be all the protection I need here.

Is that Trojan brand's "extra small" version???

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Is that Trojan brand's "extra small" version?If we're talking that kind of protection, I'm a Magnum guy all the way.

Hey, uh, anybody got a rubber band I could borrow? Damn thing keeps slipping off.

Pants
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM
If we're talking that kind of protection, I'm a Magnum guy all the way.

Hey, uh, anybody got a rubber band I could borrow? Damn thing keeps slipping off.

Just cut off the pinky from a latex glove.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Just cut off the pinky from a latex glove.Metrolike, The Voice of Experience™

Pants
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Metrolike, The Voice of Experience™

ROFL

You bastard. I cut off the middle finger!!! :cuss:

jarjar
03-29-2005, 12:29 PM

Well I just figured out what rep was in the past week or so. At first I thought it was a neat feature and envisioned myself quickly rising up the rep ranks, then I found myself disagreeing with someone and got some negative rep. For a brief period everytime I was considering making a post I wondered how it would affect my rep, sometimes trying to find the right words to say something made me just give up and go do something else instead. Now I'm at the stage where I just don't care, and I know firsthand that rep can have a negative influence on poster behavior.

teedubya
03-29-2005, 12:32 PM
ROFL

You bastard. I cut off the middle finger!!! :cuss:

i bet those D's and K's are rather tough, eh?

Pants
03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Well I just figured out what rep was in the past week or so. At first I thought it was a neat feature and envisioned myself quickly rising up the rep ranks, then I found myself disagreeing with someone and got some negative rep. For a brief period everytime I was considering making a post I wondered how it would affect my rep, sometimes trying to find the right words to say something made me just give up and go do something else instead. Now I'm at the stage where I just don't care, and I know firsthand that rep can have a negative influence on poster behavior.

Whoa? That's weird, I posted shit I wanted to say and KNEW I was going to get neg rep for it without any problems. Weird.

Pants
03-29-2005, 12:39 PM
i bet those D's and K's are rather tough, eh?

No, but C's and J's are...

jarjar
03-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Here is one of my experiences with rep.

I agreed with that quote by Chitown, found it insightful actually. Then I saw this response:

Well the certainly wasn't constructive. I figured this is the type of thing the rep system is designed for? I used it accordingly and neg reped that post.

Then I find myself neg reped by the same Mark M with the comment:
An eye for an eye, ya whiny prick. nlm

sheesh. Is this the type of cliqueish crap that rep inspires? Really? Gotta wonder what the hell it's accomplishing.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 12:41 PM
There is a simple solution to this, that I just thought of, that may appease everyone. Open your ears, and listen closely.

From what i've heard, noone really cares about the "rep points" they have. They appreciate the comments outside of the thread, though. Phil could modify the amount of power rep has to 0, so any rep given or received would be worthless, but you could still leave people comments. At least, I "think" this can be done.

How does that sound?

jarjar
Whoa? That's weird, I posted shit I wanted to say and KNEW I was going to get neg rep for it without any problems. Weird.

Yeah I'm getting used to it, but I'm willing to bet my response would be common amongst new faces, I'd almost bet the majority of new posters would go through something like that.

Pants
Here is one of my experiences with rep.

I agreed with that quote by Chitown, found it insightful actually. Then I saw this response:

Well the certainly wasn't constructive. I figured this is the type of thing the rep system is designed for? I used it accordingly and neg reped that post.

Then I find myself neg reped by the same Mark M with the comment:

sheesh. Is this the type of cliqueish crap that rep inspires? Really? Gotta wonder what the hell it's accomplishing.

MM and Chi are long time posters, they were probably just kidding amongst each other. Nobody takes rep seriously around here, save a few people. Besides, MM and Chi have 10's of thousands of rep points, 20 points isn't going to affect them.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 12:42 PM
sheesh. Is this the type of cliqueish crap that rep inspires?
Pretty much.

And, for the record, 99.99% of the time, when someone includes a nlm or other smilie, it means they're joking.

Since your rep is disabled, I gave ya some negative as fun. If it were on, I would never have done such a thing.

Gotta wonder what the hell it's accomplishing.

A way to make fun of others ... or, at least, that's what I use it for.

MM

Mark M
03-29-2005, 12:44 PM
There is a simple solution to this, that I just thought of, that may appease everyone. Open your ears, and listen closely.

From what i've heard, noone really cares about the "rep points" they have. They appreciate the comments outside of the thread, though. Phil could modify the amount of power rep has to 0, so any rep given or received would be worthless, but you could still leave people comments. At least, I "think" this can be done.

How does that sound?

That's what I proposed about 85 posts ago.

You will be hearing from my copyright lawyer soon.

MM
~~:p

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 12:45 PM
That's what I proposed about 85 posts ago.

You will be hearing from my copyright lawyer soon.

MM
~~:p
Heh. Sorry. Maybe I read it, and it seeped in to my subconcious. Kinda like a Ziggy cartoon. :shrug:

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 12:45 PM

From what i've heard, n oone really cares about the "rep points" they have. They appreciate the comments out side of the thread, though. Phil could modify the amount of power rep has to 0, so any rep given or received would be worthless, but you could still leave people comments. At least, I "think" this can be done.

How does that sound?

That sounds like a threat to me, mister.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 12:47 PM
ROFL

My system has been discovered! Soon we will see chiefs4me on here saying "SEE, SEE!"

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
MM and Chi are long time posters,.....

That right there is BS. I was on this bb a full 30 days before that punk ass noob Mark ever showed his avatar in these parts.

He's still my biatch. BTW Mark, where's my turkey pot pie?

Mark M
03-29-2005, 12:52 PM
That right there is BS. I was on this bb a full 30 days before that punk ass noob Mark ever showed his avatar in these parts.

He's still my biatch. BTW Mark, where's my turkey pot pie?

I thought you wanted a sammich? :eek:

Please forgive me! And don't make me do that dirty thing again. I'm still walking funny ...

MM

Simplex3
03-29-2005, 12:54 PM

I think the only issue I have with it is that it gives pu**ies like Taco Con a place to drop hatefull shit and not have the burden of everyone seeing it. I just ignore his crap, but some create whole threads about it and, as we've seen in the past, people have even used the rep system to level threats that they would never have posted to the whole group.

Just can it. The more I think about it the more I think of the high school student council. Nothing but a useless exercise in deciding who the four most popular kids in school are.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:54 PM
I thought you wanted a sammich? :eek:

Please forgive me! And don't make me do that dirty thing again. I'm still walking funny ...

MM

Your breath still stinks from that Dirty Sanchez thingy too....

teedubya
03-29-2005, 12:56 PM

that was golden...

whoman69
03-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Any system is bound to be rife with those who misuse it. Just penalize everyone for the misdeeds of a few. Brilliant.

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM

ROFL

I was just kidding you about trying to double fist yourself. Geez, don't take me so seriously. Damn.

Simplex3
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I like the Rep System. It allows simple minds to see who is "really" worth paying attention to, just by looking at their green boxes.
You can't be serious? It's not a way to find people with valid points, it's a way to find people who have aligned themelves with a large enough group willing to throw rep at eachother.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Any system is bound to be rife with those who misuse it. Just penalize everyone for the misdeeds of a few. Brilliant.

Pants
03-29-2005, 01:00 PM
You can't be serious? It's not a way to find people with valid points, it's a way to find people who have aligned themelves with a large enough group willing to throw rep at eachother.

No it's not. People don't just give you neg rep for not agreeing with them. When you see a troll with a line of red boxes you know what to expect from him/her. Naturally, sometimes people pile on on those who care too much about rep and have fun with them, those cases are rare and pretty funny.

Simplex3
03-29-2005, 01:06 PM
No it's not. People don't just give you neg rep for not agreeing with them. When you see a troll with a line of red boxes you know what to expect from him/her. Naturally, sometimes people pile on on those who care too much about rep and have fun with them, those cases are rare and pretty funny.
While that may be true with neg rep in general, it's not true with positive rep. There are groups of people that will stick together on most issues and rep eachother for no good reason.

Hell, *I* started a "Riddles for Rep" thread one Fri. or Sat. night, probably over a year ago. The rep was flying for a couple of hours, did that help anyone learn who the good posters were?

If everyone agreed to use it in the same way for the same reasons, and if neg rep was used as often as pos rep then your case would be accurate. However, I think we can all agree that getting the posters on this board to do anything is like herding blind, retarded, three-legged cats.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 01:15 PM
My system has been discovered! Soon we will see chiefs4me on here saying "SEE, SEE!"And since you've mentioned her, she can claim to have kept the thread going too. It's a win-win for her.

HemiEd
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
However, I think we can all agree that getting the posters on this board to do anything is like herding blind, retarded, three-legged cats.

That is easy, all you need is some Tuna or any kind of smelly fish:p

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 01:18 PM
.... However, I think we can all agree that getting the posters on this board to do anything is like herding blind, retarded, three-legged cats.

Have you read.... :hmmm:

Chief_Justice
03-29-2005, 01:22 PM

chiefs4me:

After reading through most of this thread, I have just two questions:

1. You say comments posters leave you on rep should remain private, yet you had know problem openly stating some of the rep comments 'Saulbadguy' gave you? Interesting.

So, in essence, rep comments should reamin private in less they help promote your agenda?

2. Are you Denise?

That is all.

jspchief
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
I can't believe people actually put some sort of value in the green/red boxes. It never occured to me that it would be a good indication of the quality of someone's post.

I simply use the rep function to dole out recognition for posts I like, and to receive recognition from others for my posts that they like.

If you think that it's a high school clique thing, then the flaw is not in the function, but rather in the power you assign to it.

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM

How does that sound?
That's the dumbest idea I ever heard. Did somebody beat you with the stupid stick?

go bo
03-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh, man. I didn't realize this 4321 was clutter. My apologies.............

What then, would we call gobo's posts?:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ROFL

Perfect response.

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM
I think it was something along the lines of 60% or 2/3rds, IRCC. I could be wrong though... :hmmm:
Can you think of an example where it has gone by that? I have always seen Phil talk about a majority. Like you, I could be wrong. I just can't recall 2\3rds or 6-% being thrown out there.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Can you think of an example where it has gone by that? I have always seen Phil talk about a majority. Like you, I could be wrong. I just can't recall 2\3rds or 6-% being thrown out there.

Not without the dang "Search" function that Jeff Fox....er, eh....Bob Dole has single-handedly stolen from the planet, instead of giving up his 4 million gig private message mailbox..... :mad:

Skip Towne
03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
I see my buddy Chiefs4me slapped you lightweights around pretty good this afternoon.

Pants
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I see my buddy Chiefs4me slapped you lightweights around pretty good this afternoon.

Time for new glasses.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM

Does your recent affinity for her have anything to do with your discovery that she wears dentures...and the possiblities of your taking advantage of that fact?

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Not without the dang "Search" function that Jeff Fox....er, eh....Bob Dole has single-handedly stolen from the planet, instead of giving up his 4 million gig private message mailbox..... :mad:

Ha

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
How absurd.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 03:27 PM

Thank god she saved this thread!!

MM
~~ROFL

jspchief
03-29-2005, 03:34 PM

I see senility has reached it's advanced stage...

Phobia
03-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Does your recent affinity for her have anything to do with your discovery that she wears dentures...and the possiblities of your taking advantage of that fact?

She does? Rep for her.

Raiderhater
03-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I like the rep system.

REP! :D We have a winner....

If the dumbassery argument is the strongest argument, it is a weak one. Truth of the matter is that a dumb ass will act like a dumb ass, with or with out rep. If you take that away from him/her, they will just find another way to showcase their dumbassery.

Leave it or get rid of it, I do not really care*, but let us not pretend that getting rid of it, or keeping it for that matter, is going to be some kind of cure for the idiocy and whining that takes place here.

*With the search function being down, I will say that I like having the rep system enabled as it offers one more avenue to search for threads from the past. That is my strongest argument for keeping it.

Calcountry
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Well I just figured out what rep was in the past week or so. At first I thought it was a neat feature and envisioned myself quickly rising up the rep ranks, then I found myself disagreeing with someone and got some negative rep. For a brief period everytime I was considering making a post I wondered how it would affect my rep, sometimes trying to find the right words to say something made me just give up and go do something else instead. Now I'm at the stage where I just don't care, and I know firsthand that rep can have a negative influence on poster behavior.And with only 70 posts, we know that you have a lot of negative experience with it.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
There'd be nothing to read and nobody here to read it if we banned all the purveyors of dumbassery.

Logical
03-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I like the ability to give positive feedback (almost exclusively) without making a post about it. I feel the rep feature has reduced significantly the backslapping posts on the BB, not completely mind you, but significantly.

Demonpenz
03-29-2005, 05:42 PM
they can take our rep, but they can't take our freedom

go bo
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I like the ability to give positive feedback (almost exclusively) without making a post about it. I feel the rep feature has reduced significantly the backslapping posts on the BB, not completely mind you, but significantly.atta boy, vlad... :p :p :p

jarjar
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
And with only 70 posts, we know that you have a lot of negative experience with it.

Damn you got me. I was trying to fool everyone here into thinking I had years of experience dealing with rep and it's remifications on boards. Now they know the truth..

Raiderhater
03-29-2005, 06:02 PM
There'd be nothing to read and nobody here to read it if we banned all the purveyors of dumbassery.

I do not think he meant we ban everyone who acts like a dumb ass from time to time, I think he meant those who are dumb asses all of the time.

I could give you a short list of examples if you like.....

Pants
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
I could give you a short list of examples if you like.....

Go for it.

Raiderhater
03-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Go for it.

Top 5 -

1. Denise

2. Denise

3. Denise

4. Denise

5. Denise

Eleazar
03-29-2005, 06:28 PM