PDA

View Full Version : What is Lew Perkins smokin?

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Annual Arrowhead game?: KU athletics director Lew Perkins was a guest on "The Sports Spot" on a Kansas City television station Wednesday and spoke about KU's Oct. 15 game with Oklahoma at Arrowhead Stadium.

Perkins said he didn't want a game at Arrowhead to be a one-time deal, saying an annual game at the home of the Chiefs was a good idea to reach out to Kansas City-area alumni.

"There's an awful lot of Kansas fans in Missouri, and we've neglected to come to them," Perkins said.

Perkins said KU would like to play Missouri or Kansas State at Arrowhead in the future, but both schools have balked at a proposal to have a two-game series in Kansas City.

"They don't want to give up a home game," Perkins said. "We're willing to do that because we think Kansas City is our home, too."

Come to them? How much of an inconvience is it for KU fans to drive 45 minutes to Lawrence to watch a game?

I really think Lew is selling out the FB program by giving up a home game like this.

teedubya
03-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Come to them? How much of an inconvience is it for KU fans to drive 45 minutes to Lawrence to watch a game?

I really think Lew is selling out the FB program by giving up a home game like this.

and more importantly, why isnt he sharing?

Lzen
03-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I would much prefer if that OU game was at KU. But it may not matter either way. :shake:

HC_Chief
03-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I would much prefer if that OU game was at KU. But it may not matter either way. :shake:

<i>May</i> not matter? KU will get thumped, no doubt about that. My hope is to keep it within 14.

Lzen
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
<i>May</i> not matter? KU will get thumped, no doubt about that. My hope is to keep it within 14.

Oh I don't know. Last season it was 14-10 at halftime in Norman. OU will have a new QB. And KU has improved a lot on defense in the past year and a half. If only they can find a consistent QB, they'll be a good challenge for the Sooners. Of course, if the game were in Lawrence they would probably play much better and maybe even pull off the upset. Don't forget they were very close to upsetting Texas last year at Memorial Stadium in Lawrence.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
KU is returning basically their entire defense.

Their offensive line is penciling in 4 new starters IIRC. They also dismissed John Randle, IMO their best RB. I don't think Clark Green has what it takes to get it done.

QB, who knows. Its between Barman, Swanson, and Herford. The first 2 are terribly inconsistent, and Herford..who knows.