PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't You Rather See....

CosmicPal
03-29-2005, 02:00 PM
The Super Bowl have one permanent residence?

Or do you like the idea of the Super Bowl moving from venue to venue?

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 02:04 PM
I like going venue to venue, but I don't like it going to the same venues over and over. I think they lose something leaving out the cold weather cities. Although I guess New York's in the mix now, so maybe they're hope for the other 75% of the country, too.

Kyle401
03-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Move it around. And I agree, I would love to see the championship played in adverse weather conditions.

Brock
03-29-2005, 02:19 PM
There should be a home field advantage.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 02:22 PM
There should be a home field advantage.Interesting idea. Gives even a little more oomph to the regular season. There'd maybe have to be some serious tie-breaker formula adjustment, but it could certainly be interesting.

Kyle401
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM

I'd be OK with that, as long as it isn't tied to the Pro-Bowl game...

Logical
03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I like going venue to venue, but I don't like it going to the same venues over and over. I think they lose something leaving out the cold weather cities. Although I guess New York's in the mix now, so maybe they're hope for the other 75% of the country, too.

New York is only in the mix because the Jets are building a domed stadium in NYC itself.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 02:27 PM
New York is only in the mix because the Jets are building a domed stadium in NYC itself.I know.

Pants
03-29-2005, 02:27 PM

No. It would give the losing team an excuse.

Brock
03-29-2005, 02:28 PM

so how is that any different from any other playoff game?

Hydrae
03-29-2005, 02:29 PM

:thumb: Absolutely!

Hoover
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I say nix the Pro Bowl, build a sweet ass stadium in Hawaii play it there every year.

Pants
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
so how is that any different from any other playoff game?

If you win a play-off game, you are not pronounced the Champion of the World. Fans of opposing teams wouldn't accept you as their champion if you beat their team on your home court.

I could see homefield advantage if there was no AFC-NFC, but just one conference.

Brock
03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
If you win a play-off game, you are not pronounced the Champion of the World. Fans of opposing teams wouldn't accept you as their champion if you beat their team on your home court.

I could see homefield advantage if there was no AFC-NFC, but just one conference.

There is a home field/court advantage in every other professional sports league championship game/series. As for what the losing fans think, who cares?

Brock
03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I say nix the Pro Bowl, build a sweet ass stadium in Hawaii play it there every year.

Great. Another NFL taj mahal that real football fans will never set foot into.

CosmicPal
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM

I agree. Home field advantage in the Super Bowl would only give the opposing team something to whine about should they lose. I would suffice to say someone has had minor home field advantage sometime since the first Super Bowl- most likely Oakland.

I would love to see some town that doesn't have an NFL team build a giant stadium to house the annual championship. The perfect city in my humble opinion would be Las Vegas. Think about it. The Super Bowl has become nothing but a glitzy overproduction of mass advertising and lame shows. What better place to put the Super Bowl than in the neon deserts of Nevada?

Pants
03-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I agree. Home field advantage in the Super Bowl would only give the opposing team something to whine about should they lose. I would suffice to say someone has had minor home field advantage sometime since the first Super Bowl- most likely Oakland.

I would love to see some town that doesn't have an NFL team build a giant stadium to house the annual championship. The perfect city in my humble opinion would be Las Vegas. Think about it. The Super Bowl has become nothing but a glitzy overproduction of mass advertising and lame shows. What better place to put the Super Bowl than in the neon deserts of Nevada?

Best idea of the week.

redbrian
03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
“I could see homefield advantage if there was no AFC-NFC, but just one conference.”

The AFC and NFC are not like the AL and NL in baseball, they joined in 1970. So this is a moot point

“I would love to see some town that doesn't have an NFL team build a giant stadium to house the annual championship. The perfect city in my humble opinion would be Las Vegas. Think about it. The Super Bowl has become nothing but a glitzy overproduction of mass advertising and lame shows. What better place to put the Super Bowl than in the neon deserts of Nevada?”

And what the hell would you do with this giant white elephant the other 364 days of the year?

I too like the idea of home team hold the SB.

To negate the home field advantage you spit the tickets 50-50 between the two teams. Let the season ticket holders have the first shot at the tickets.

Chiefnj
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
New York is only in the mix because the Jets are building a domed stadium in NYC itself.

New York isn't really in the mix. The league told New York years ago that if a stadium is built with a dome or retractable roof, they would be considered for a SuperBowl. I believe the same would go for any city that would build a similar stadium.

The majority of NYC residents oppose the building of the stadium. I doubt it will ever come to fruition.

CosmicPal
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
And what the hell would you do with this giant white elephant the other 364 days of the year?

Geezit...chill. I was merely making a suggestion. I wasn't attacking anyone's beliefs. My gawd, did someone run over your dog this morning or something.

But, to answer your question- if there is ANY town that can find use for an empty stadium 364 days out of the year, it would be LAS VEGAS BABY! Damn, if the taxpayers couldn't come up with something, I'm sure the mafia could.

Pants
03-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Concerts, shows, expos and other large events. That's why it's Las Vegas.

Brock
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Concerts, shows, expos and other large events. That's why it's Las Vegas.

Another tax-funded playground for Tagliabue and his cronies.

Pants
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Another tax-funded playground for Tagliabue and his cronies.

What taxes?