PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to pick up Surtain and Law???

CoMoChief
03-29-2005, 04:14 PM
"Chiefs coach Dick Vermiel said last week that Kansas City was considering Surtain and free agent Ty Law to fill the pre-draft need for a starting cornerback. ..."

This is from the South Florida Sentinel so I guess take it as its worth. Having Surtain and Law is asking a bit much, but then again why would DV say that if he or the front office didnt believe it was going to happen? If this is true, then our secondary would be the shit, granted Law gets healthey again. Warfield as a nickle corner is more than fine for me. If we could trade up for Derrick Johnson somehow that would be awesome as well.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2005, 04:16 PM
You've misunderstood the report. The Chiefs are going after one of them.

CoMoChief
03-29-2005, 04:16 PM
I also could just be reading this wrong. If it were to say "or" instead of "and" then that would be different. Maybe it just means that they are looking at both of them to fill one spot, who knows.

CoMoChief
03-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Well I guess having that said then I guess I would like to have Surtain, hes more reliable, everyone knows that.

htismaqe
03-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Surtain or Law? Yeah, I think so.

Surtain AND Law? No fuggin way.

Vegas_Dave
03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Surtain OR Law - Means that it is either one of those two and no other options.

Surtain AND Law - Means that they are both options, but so would be not getting either and drafting the position. Both players are being considered, but neither are the only options being considered.

Mr. Laz
03-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Vermeil rarely makes sense when the ol retard talks

you would think he would considering he did college games for awhile. I begin to think he's just senile.

the chances that lamar/carl fork over 20 million in signing bonuses to get both of them is virtually non-existent.

philfree
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
"Chiefs coach Dick Vermiel said last week that Kansas City was considering Surtain and free agent Ty Law to fill the pre-draft need for a starting cornerback. ..."

This is from the South Florida Sentinel so I guess take it as its worth. Having Surtain and Law is asking a bit much, but then again why would DV say that if he or the front office didnt believe it was going to happen? If this is true, then our secondary would be the shit, granted Law gets healthey again. Warfield as a nickle corner is more than fine for me. If we could trade up for Derrick Johnson somehow that would be awesome as well.

I've actually had delusions that we were secretly trying to land both players. Apparently we were trying to land two LBs in Bell and Hartwell so since that didn't work out so why not two CBs? Yeah I know......that's why I said "had delusions".

PhilFree :arrow:

Kris Kringle
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Sign Law or Surtain. Warfield on the other side. Then draft one of the top 3 OLB in the draft in the first round. Then draft a DE in the second round. That's how I see it.

Frankie
03-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Are we going to pick up Surtain and Law???

That would SURTAINly be unLAWful.

KcMizzou
03-29-2005, 06:16 PM
That would SURTAINly be unLAWful. And that was certainly awful.

:shake:

go bo
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
And that was certainly awful.

:shake:well, now that you mention it...

say, how you been doin'?

haven't seen you around much for awhile...

KcMizzou
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
well, now that you mention it...

say, how you been doin'?

haven't seen you around much for awhile...I've been in hiding.

Actually... I've been here quite a bit, mostly lurking. I just can't get here from work any more. They blocked "sports". Stupid websense. :sulk:

Frankie
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
And that was certainly awful.

:shake:

:LOL:
Hey you can rhyme.