PDA

View Full Version : Donx trade Droughns to Browns

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Just heard it on the local sports radio...traded for DE Ebenezer Ekuban...hasn't hit KFFL just yet

Who is this guy and should we be concerned at all?

nychief
03-29-2005, 10:03 PM
They have brought in the whole ****ing Cleveland D-line!

Brown, Warren, freakin' Ekuban?

They wanted Garcia...what is Shanahan's hard on for crappy Brown players?

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM

ROFL Most of the radio guys here are miffed as to why Denver wants to bring in the DLine from a 4-12 team ROFL

nychief
03-29-2005, 10:12 PM
ROFL Most of the radio guys here are miffed as to why Denver wants to bring in the DLine from a 4-12 team ROFL

not only are they coming from a 4-12 team - they are being let go by the newest "genius" in Crennel and super GM Savage.

somethings gotta give.

elvomito
03-29-2005, 10:14 PM
did they get a draft pick as well?

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:14 PM
not only are they coming from a 4-12 team - they are being let go by the newest "genius" in Crennel and super GM Savage.

somethings gotta give.

and Brown and Warren are both former 1st round draft picks :D

Hercules Rockefell
03-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Just heard it on the local sports radio...traded for DE Ebenezer Ekuban...hasn't hit KFFL just yet

It hit KFFL hours ago

Kerberos
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2025542

here is the espn link on it!

DenverChief

not that I am aware of

Hercules Rockefell
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM

It'll depend on how Ekuban's physical turns out. If he can't play, Denver will get an '06 pick.

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2025542

here is the espn link on it!

ahh I didn't actually read the KFFL report but it will be offcial when Droughns passes the physical in cleveland....I had been listening to sports talk radio all day.. and didn't hear this till I got out of class tonight (7-830)

Browns | Droughns Coming Soon for Physical - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:31:04 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Denver Broncos RB Reuben Droughns is headed to Cleveland Wednesday, March 30, to take a physical with the Cleveland Browns. Provided he passes the physical, he will be traded from Denver to Cleveland for DE Ebenezer Ekuban (knee, shoulder) if Ekuban also passes his physical with Denver.

Hercules Rockefell
03-29-2005, 10:19 PM
ahh I didn't actually read the KFFL report but it will be offcial when Droughns passes the physical in cleveland....I had been listening to sports talk radio all day.. and didn't hear this till I got out of class tonight (7-830)

Irv and Joe were talking about it

Darkwolfe
03-29-2005, 10:21 PM
So, if I read this right, donkeys are collecting the Browns D for the upcoming season?

Ok, sounds pretty stupid to me, but it might make for some real fun this year for the Chiefs. :thumb:

Rausch
03-29-2005, 10:21 PM

I'm more amazed that Shanny thinks he's found the Zero-point-energy of running backs. And if you're going to trade away your best rusher why not do it for a position of need?

Like...oh, I don't know...a ****ing quarterback?!?

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Irv and Joe were talking about it

ahh thats why...I can't stand them two...I try and listen but they are just all over the board

DenverChief
03-29-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm more amazed that Shanny thinks he's found the Zero-point-energy of running backs. And if you're going to trade away your best rusher why not do it for a position of need?

Like...oh, I don't know...a ****ing quarterback?!? ROFL

Hammock Parties
03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
This is too funny. We have RAPED the Browns front 4 every time we played them.

Maybe the Donks are counting on Trevor Pryce to make the difference, although I think he's going the way of Charles Haley.

nychief
03-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Do you remember when Jamal Lewis rushed for 600 yards in TWO games the year he went over 2000?

Gravedigger
03-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Broncos get brown's players we get dolphins players it's a craptasitic cycle.... for the broncos :)

Rausch
03-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Broncos get brown's players we get dolphins players it's a craptasitic cycle.... for the broncos :)

If you watched any football over the last few years I don't know how you can think aliens didn't switch the brains of Marty and Shanny...

Bronco's seem built on the 97 Chiefs template.
Chargers seem built on the 97 Broncos template.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
If you watched any football over the last few years I don't know how you can think aliens didn't switch the brains of Marty and Shanny...

Bronco's seem built on the 97 Chiefs template.
Chargers seem built on the 97 Broncos template.

Yeah it's totally screwed up.

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 12:43 AM
This just in. The Donks got Michael Myers in the deal as well...yes, that's right folks, Denver now has FOUR of the Browns defensive linemen from last season on their roster. ROFL

Wallcrawler
03-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey Priest, want another record to go on your statistics?

Single season rushing record is definately within reach for him now. He's going to have two cracks at it this season. That Browns front was HORRIBLE! I could understand maybe if they thought that they were being coached wrong, but they brought the coach over too!!

Heh.

Somewhere in Texas, and evil smile crosses Priest Holmes' face.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:15 AM
I think a lot of people are missing the point. Our defense is built around our linebackers. We are adding a lot of good meat for the front rotation. We just want to keep these guys as fresh as possible. All of them are guys who seem to be alright in limited roles. Plus we've got one more chip to play depending on what happens with Trevor.

We're picking up linemen who will play in a rotation for literally nothing... What do they say? Buy low, sell high... Certainly, it's not the SUPERAWESOME defensive line that you guys are rolling with... But how can we ever aspire to achieve such greatness?

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 01:19 AM
I think a lot of people are missing the point. Our defense is built around our linebackers. We are adding a lot of good meat for the front rotation. We just want to keep these guys as fresh as possible. All of them are guys who seem to be alright in limited roles. Plus we've got one more chip to play depending on what happens with Trevor.

We're picking up linemen who will play in a rotation for literally nothing... What do they say? Buy low, sell high... Certainly, it's not the SUPERAWESOME defensive line that you guys are rolling with... But how can we ever aspire to achieve such greatness?

You're not adding anyone worth a damn to your defensive line. You had garbage on the defensive line last year outside Hayward, and you've got more garbage coming in this offseason. This garbage might even be smellier. Cleveland has made the Broncos their garbage dump of the NFL.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:23 AM
The garbage we had last year ranked among the top of the league.

The Man thanks you for the compliment you've paid him...

http://web.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2004/coyer_031504.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 01:26 AM
The garbage we had last year ranked among the top of the league.

The Man thanks you for the compliment you've paid him...

http://web.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2004/coyer_031504.jpg

Your D was good because of your back seven.

The Chiefs destroyed your defensive line in both meetings.

"The Man" got owned by Manning for the second year in a row.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Gunther hasn't gotten his shot at Manning, has he? ROFL

You act like your team accomplished something against us last year. In reality, the only thing that was significant was that the home game in Arrowhead was the late game in the season.

You guys were probably the best third place team we faced all year, so congratulations on that.

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 01:33 AM

You act like your team accomplished something against us last year. In reality, the only thing that was significant was that the home game in Arrowhead was the late game in the season.

You guys were probably the best third place team we faced all year, so congratulations on that.

Gunther got his shot, and due to our defensive play in the first half of that game we were able to beat Indy.

We certainly did accomplish something against you last year. We gave the Broncos the worst beating they've had vs KC since 1983. And we did it without our best player.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Gunther got his shot, and due to our defensive play in the first half of that game we were able to beat Indy.

We certainly did accomplish something against you last year. We gave the Broncos the worst beating they've had vs KC since 1983. And we did it without our best player.

Oh wow! How do they fit all that on a ring!?

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 01:39 AM

:rolleyes:

alanm
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM

I'd just like to point out that the last 2 games against the Cleveland defense Priest ran the ball 41 times for 214 yrds and 6 TD's!! They can bring in the rest of the Cleveland defense. I'll even drive the bus. :thumb:

DenverChief
03-30-2005, 01:57 AM
I'd just like to point out that the last 2 games against the Cleveland defense Priest ran the ball 41 times for 214 yrds and 6 TD's!! They can bring in the rest of the Cleveland defense. I'll even drive the bus. :thumb: ROFL

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I'd just like to point out that the last 2 games against the Cleveland defense Priest ran the ball 41 times for 214 yrds and 6 TD's!! They can bring in the rest of the Cleveland defense. I'll even drive the bus. :thumb:

It's probably too much to ask to have Denver bring over Cleveland's linebackers and secondary. We raped them in the air as well.

Wallcrawler
03-30-2005, 02:07 AM

Heh. Keep laughing funnyman. Last I checked, the Chiefs beat Indy. Peyton on the other hand torched your beloved Broncos defense for over 350 yards in the first f'in half.

THAT'S something to be proud of, let me tell you.

Heh. The Chiefs handed the Broncos the worst asswhipping that they had taken in over 20 years. Id say that was pretty significant. Johnson ran all over your defense, and our defense sacked Plummer's ass 6 times, and picked him off 2 or 3 times, I cant remember.

And you guys got unbelievably schooled by the Colts in the playoffs for the second season straight, giving up 350 yards to Manning in only the first half on your way to getting unceremoniously stomped, so congratulations on that.

Hell, at least the Chiefs/Colts playoff game was decided by only one score.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 05:52 AM

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~blackchr/pictures/owned4.jpg

Chan93lx50
03-30-2005, 07:23 AM

And what ring did you guys win last year.............................

PS, the owned pic is great ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
03-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Welcome to Denver........where Cleveland dumps their waste

Chieficus
03-30-2005, 09:11 AM
And if you're going to trade away your best rusher...

What, they got rid of Barry Griffen-Sanders???!!!??? :eek:

:jester:

Taco John
03-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Welcome to Denver........where Cleveland dumps their waste

Then how funny is it that if these guys don't work out, they'll end up on your squad next year! ROFL

http://www.woodturnedcreations.com/Dud3!/pix/misc/owned-wall%20tape.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 09:22 AM
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~blackchr/pictures/owned4.jpg

Trying to talk up your own lame attempt at smack? That was incredibly weak. Denver hasn't done anything worthy of a ring since 1998.

Hammock Parties
03-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Then how funny is it that if these guys don't work out, they'll end up on your squad next year! ROFL

You wish you had Jared Allen.

Bowser
03-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Denver would be better off if these new D-Linemen would just go take big steaming dumps on the field near the line of scrimmage, and then let the vaunted Denver linebackers pick up the piles of crap and move them according to the play, and let the actual Linemen sit on the bench. They would probablly get a hell of a lot more production from their new pickups that way.

keg in kc
03-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Like I said yesterday, this is all part of Shanahan's "Rush for 1200 yards? F*ck you asshole" plan at NFL domination.

I'm starting to think he's suffering from 'read too much of your own press' syndrome and trying to prove he's a mastermind who can just plug any back in, team be damned.

Mark M
03-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Owned ... ? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

45-17 is "owned."

Eddie "Quiterson" burning Champ Bailey for 2 TDs is being "owned."

Someone pointing out that you have the wrong player in your signature is being "owned."

The NFL proving that Denver circumvented the salary cap is being "owned."

You posting that Jake Plummer is "nails," only to have Jake lay his typical turd, is being "owned."

You saying that Priest is "done, finished, finito," only to have him rush for 27 TDs that year is being "owned."

Face it ... you've been "owned" more than any other person in the history of the Internet.

MM
~~ROFL

Red Dawg
03-30-2005, 11:00 AM

45-17 is "owned."

Someone pointing out that you have the wrong player in your signature is being "owned."

You posting that Jake Plummer is "nails," only to have Jake lay his typical turd, is being "owned."

You saying that Priest is "done, finished, finito," only to have him rush for 27 TDs that year is being "owned."

Face it ... you've been "owned" more than any other person in the history of the Internet.

MM
~~ROFL

Those are all excellent points.

Rausch
03-31-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm starting to think he's suffering from 'read too much of your own press' syndrome and trying to prove he's a mastermind who can just plug any back in, team be damned.

Finish thinking about it, you're right.

Elway retired and Shanny morphed into a Martyball coach.

And class, how many playoff wins does Shanny have without Elway?...

Coach
03-31-2005, 03:20 AM
45-17 is "owned."

MM
~~ROFL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/owned1.gif

Chan93lx50
03-31-2005, 07:20 AM

45-17 is "owned."

MM
~~ROFL

Damn Mark M those were good!

King_Chief_Fan
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM

your smack has weakend........what is this suppose to mean?

King_Chief_Fan
03-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Trying to talk up your own lame attempt at smack? That was incredibly weak. Denver hasn't done anything worthy of a ring since 1998.

and they effin cheated to do that

Mile High Mania
03-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Huge question marks over how this will all pay off... but, I can't say they're not trying. Regarding the trade of Droughns, he was likely not going to get the chance to start at RB, so they get two Dline guys... while I'm not overly thrilled with who they got, the potential is there.

None of the 4 have ever fulfilled their potential, so it's asking a lot to expect them to now just b/c they changed jerseys. We'll soon find out.

HC_Chief
03-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Why are the donks loading up on Cleveland DL scrubs? Makes no sense to me... they sucked ass for the Browns. Ekuban, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren - all sucked. So much so that Crennel, a guy who knows a thing or two about defense, let 'em walk w/o argument. He knew they sucked; the fans know it, so is it rat-face, Bowlen, or their DC making these calls? Whoever it is, I hope he stays in Dungver for a <i>long</i> time! :thumb: