PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell comments from NFL Radio:

T-post Tom
03-30-2005, 12:54 AM
He said that he liked KC and enjoyed his visit, but picked Atlanta because Coach Dick is a short-timer. He said that he wanted stability and a place where he could finish out his career.

Translated: He'll be demanding a trade in two years.

And the Chiefs will trade a 2nd rounder to pick him up. Of course, he'll be recovering from a serious injury that involves wearing a boot and having bones connected with pins. :shake:

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of feedback from FA's played a role in Carl's contract extension. My tea leaves tell me that there's a very good chance that Carl leaves next year.

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2005, 01:40 AM
He said that he liked KC and enjoyed his visit, but picked Atlanta because Coach Dick is a short-timer. He said that he wanted stability and a place where he could finish out his career.

Translated: He'll be demanding a trade in two years.

And the Chiefs will trade a 2nd rounder to pick him up. Of course, he'll be recovering from a serious injury that involves wearing a boot and having bones connected with pins. :shake:

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of feedback from FA's played a role in Carl's contract extension. My tea leaves tell me that there's a very good chance that Carl leaves next year.

CP isn't going anywhere! as long as that money keeps raking on in....Lamar Hunt is happy

alanm
03-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Also Dick has hinted around that depending on how the Chiefs do this year will be the deciding factor on whether or not he decides to stick around. If the Chiefs have a good year and make strides in the playoffs. He may be back as well in 06

DaWolf
03-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Also Dick has hinted around that depending on how the Chiefs do this year will be the deciding factor on whether or not he decides to stick around. If the Chiefs have a good year and make strides in the playoffs. He may be back as well in 06
Of course that could also be being put out there to try and fend off this "short timer" stuff, a la "hey, sign with us, and as long as we're winning, I'm I'm your coach."

alanm
03-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Of course that could also be being put out there to try and fend off this "short timer" stuff, a la "hey, sign with us, and as long as we're winning, I'm I'm your coach."
I bet he feels like "If we can get to the SB and win it, I'll ride off in the sunset for good" He probably feels also that if we make the playoffs and get past the 1st rnd for cripes sake and then get bounced then it's only a couple of minor tweaks and I'll coach one more year. If they go out and fall on their face like last fall he'll hang it up.

MichaelH
03-30-2005, 05:24 AM
Dick isn't coming back. It's all smoke and mirrors to keep the players happy. Hell, I'll be surprised if he makes it through the whole season. He's done.

Taco John
03-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Finished! Finito! ;)

Alphaman
03-30-2005, 06:24 AM

Come on guys...don't believe the hype. In the final hours of the "negotiation" Hartwell's agent called the Chiefs and asked if they wanted to increase their standing offer. The Chiefs replied that he had their offer. The agent went back to Atlanta, then back to the Chiefs, then back to Atlanta. Hartwell was set to sign with KC because they had the best offer on the table. In the final hour, Atlanta upped their offer and that's where he went..with the most money on the table.

It wasn't about Vermeil and his tenure, it wasn't about best chance to go to the superbowl or even playing with Vick. It came down to the best offer on the table and the Chiefs decided not to cave after playing his next 48 hours game for 2 weeks.

As for him "deciding", he said that he was in a bowling alley bowling with his family when he found out where he was going and for how much. The agent made the decision based on the money, not Hartwell based on anything else.