PDA

View Full Version : Suge Knight gets bent over...

Braincase
03-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Link (http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=186769)

'Suge' Knight Ordered to Pay $107M
Mar 30, 11:07 AM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- A judge has ordered Marion "Suge" Knight to pay $107 million to a woman who claims she helped the rap mogul start Death Row Records, ruling Knight and his lawyers failed to answer questions and provide information in the case.

Superior Court Judge Ronald M. Sohigian ordered Knight and his companies, including Tha Row Inc., to pay Lydia Harris, who claims she is owed money from the recording label she helped establish.

The judgment includes $60 million in punitive damages, $45 million in economic damages and $2 million in non-economic damages.

The judge issued the judgment earlier this month after finding that Knight and his lawyers violated court rules requiring them to answer questions by and providing information to Harris and her lawyers.

A phone call to a Knight lawyer seeking comment wasn't immediately returned early Wednesday.

In her 2002 lawsuit, which didn't reach trial, Harris claimed she and Knight in 1989 became equal founding partners of Death Row Records. When Knight realized how lucrative the label would become, he pushed her out, Harris claimed.

Harris said Knight defamed her in hopes of destroying her credibility in the music industry and with new artists.

"His conduct made it clear that he did not intend to honor his agreement or pay the shares of profit due her," said her lawyer, David Casselman. "He also publicly insulted her and falsely accused her of promiscuity and incompetence."

Knight has had a series of legal and criminal troubles.

In 2003, he was ordered to pay $5.5 million to managers of artists who accused him of stealing one of their acts.

Knight was released from prison in 2001 after serving time for assault and weapons violations. He recently served an additional 10-month prison sentence for violating his parole and striking a Hollywood nightclub valet.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
That kind of money makes my o-ring pucker.....

Red Dawg
03-30-2005, 02:03 PM
That kind of money makes my o-ring pucker.....

and will repond to this post properly by using the ever elusive reply button.

Suge Knight is a scum bag and should give us all a cut of his money.

whoman69
03-30-2005, 02:31 PM
The idiot lost it all by refusing to cooperate with the court. Since they did not do so, all the information provided by the suing party was taken as evidence.

patteeu
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
and will repond to this post properly by using the ever elusive reply button.

Suge Knight is a scum bag and should give us all a cut of his money.

Dude, don't hijack this thread. If you want to talk about what you would do with Suge's money, start your own thread. This one is about this whore gangster beotch who's ripping Suge off. :p

beavis
03-30-2005, 02:50 PM
She'll be dead inside a month.

Mr. Kotter
03-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....heh.

Mr. Kotter
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM

I wonder who the cops would think responsible if that were to happen....he doesn't strike me as the type to get away with the perfect murder. :hmmm:

Scaga
03-30-2005, 03:01 PM

Along with the judge in the case

Duck Dog
03-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I bet he wants to pop a cap in dat biotch.

jspchief
03-30-2005, 03:08 PM

My thoughts exactly. Where do I sign up for her death pool...

Taco John
03-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Can you imagine what Suge is feeling like right now? I can't imagine the feeling of having to write a $107 million dollar check to someone else in which I don't feel like I'm getting $107 million dollars in value in return...

That's got to be an awful feeling. Ha!

Bowser
03-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Can you imagine what Suge is feeling like right now? I can't imagine the feeling of having to write a $107 million dollar check to someone else in which I don't feel like I'm getting $107 million dollars in value in return...

That's got to be an awful feeling. Ha!

He'll keep appealing it until one of his hitmen finally gets the job done.

Iowanian
03-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking it is far more likely that he's writing a check for $25k for some thug to randomly spray her house with 7.62

teedubya
03-30-2005, 03:32 PM

If he was true-ganksta the beeyotch would be pushing daisies already, aiiiii?

jspchief
03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
The more I tihnk about this, the more I think she's dead.

If I was a criminal, who had already done time and probably been involved in other murders, I would definately rather kill the bitch and rot in jail than let her get a dime.

Mr. Kotter
03-30-2005, 03:50 PM

If I was a criminal, who had already done time and probably been involved in other murders, I would definately rather kill the bitch and rot in jail than let her get a dime.

Damn, did you use to be a Fader fan??? :hmmm:

Marco Polo
03-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Agreed, this will take years for the appeal process

Iowanian
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I'll bet that Suge Neg Reps her ass at least twice a day.

CosmicPal
03-30-2005, 05:23 PM

Including his attorney. The attorney/s phucked up big time in this case, as well.

Demonpenz
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
this could be a good chance for vannilla ice to get back some of his street cred!