PDA

View Full Version : Shields Gonna Pull A Marcus Allen?

petegz28
03-31-2005, 10:59 AM
So is Will gonna wait until we are half-way through the off-season before he announces he is quiting? :banghead:

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Chill out.

Shields has earned the Right to do whatever he decides. He'll be back, and if he's not, Welbourne is a solid Guard.

Brock
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't understand why some people think football players owe their lives to the team and fans.

nmt1
03-31-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't understand why some people think football players owe their lives to the team and fans.

For the same reason they think they know better than the team what should be done in the offseason.

vckcchiefs04
03-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm not worried about it, Will will be back, and he can take as much time as he wants on getting in here.... he has spent his entire HALL OF FAME career here giving us fans his heart and soul, so the least we could do is return some freakin patience.

UTChief
03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I think he will be back for one more year, but he will show up late.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Did this really require a separate thread?

Besides, don't you have another "Another day with Bartee as the starter" thread to start?

Chiefnj
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
I think that after spending more time at home and missing a lot of workouts and camps he will have a change of attitude and show up. (What that means in laymen's terms is that his wife is going to say "You're driving me nuts, get out of the house and collect that 4.3 million.")

petegz28
03-31-2005, 12:14 PM

Besides, don't you have another "Another day with Bartee as the starter" thread to start?

I did it for the poll. If it is so redundant why did you chime in on it?

bringbackmarty
03-31-2005, 12:18 PM
I think he will ask for a trade to the browns defensive line.

Cormac
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd say he'll be back. IIRC, a few years ago he held out over a "contract dispute", but basically said afterwards he did so, so that he could skip camp. It wouldn't surprise me if he does the same this year, but I still expect he'll be back and will play well (again).

philfree
03-31-2005, 12:37 PM

Yeah we need to save space for threads about people shaving their balls.

PhilFree :arrow:

Skip Towne
03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Shields can do whatever he damn well pleases. I'm sure advance notice would be appreciated though.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
I did it for the poll. If it is so redundant why did you chime in on it?

Because I'm a moderator and take an interest in people posting useless, redundant shit, poll or not...

petegz28
03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Because I'm a moderator and take an interest in people posting useless, redundant shit, poll or not...

Oh yea? I'm real proud of ya! :whackit:

fan4ever
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
So is Will gonna wait until we are half-way through the off-season before he announces he is quiting? :banghead:

I think Will is just looking for the love. Offensive linemen, no matter how great, don't get near the attention other positions get...they mostly get noticed when they don't do their jobs. He's earned it, so let him look for the attention. At least, that's what I'm hoping is the case. "We love ya, Will!"

Skip Towne
03-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Go ahead and zap him Parker. Change his name to GoChiefs Jr.

philfree
03-31-2005, 01:09 PM

Gimmie a break man :shake: If shaving ball thread are O.K. but and accidental repost draws the ire of the moderator I'm not sure about this place anymore. You know I used to tell Chiefs fans I'd meet to check out the Planet if they do the computer thing but I quit because of crap like "I Shaved My Balls". IMO you could direct your moderator skills in a different direction then jumping this thread. Oh and something else. You should put Oprahs head on your Avi and change your namke to Super Bitch. (That last line was just a joke so don't cyber geek on me.)

petegz28
03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Go ahead and zap him Parker. Change his name to GoChiefs Jr.

nlm

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Chill out.

Shields has earned the Right to do whatever he decides. He'll be back, and if he's not, Welbourne is a solid Guard.
Thats what i'm thinking. We've got the next Will Shields in Brian Waters, whom i'm going to bet will make the pro bowl every year for the rest of his career, and a solid rotation of guards, including Welbourn.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM

I could care less what you think of me.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Gimmie a break man :shake: If shaving ball thread are O.K. but and accidental repost draws the ire of the moderator I'm not sure about this place anymore. You know I used to tell Chiefs fans I'd meet to check out the Planet if they do the computer thing but I quit because of crap like "I Shaved My Balls". IMO you could direct your moderator skills in a different direction then jumping this thread. Oh and something else. You should put Oprahs head on your Avi and change your namke to Super Bitch. (That last line was just a joke so don't cyber geek on me.)

I never saw a thread about someone shaving their balls, sorry.

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I never saw a thread about someone shaving their balls, sorry.
Even if you did, would you do something about it?

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Even if you did, would you do something about it?

Would I DO something about it? Did I DO something about this thread?

If somebody posted a thread about shaving their balls and 1-2 hours later someone else posted a new thread, about the SAME THING, I would SAY something about it, yes. Which is exactly what I did here.

OldTownChief
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Why would anyone shave their balls? I'm 46 and I've never shaved my balls.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
I have to admit, I also commented because of the motive I believe led to the creation of this thread.

There are certain posters here, like Freakshow and lately DaddyT that prefer to be the loudest voice in the room. They want to make sure that EVERYONE reads what they have to say.

I may be dead wrong on this, but I've gotten the impression since the day this poster arrived that he was not here to discuss anything.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
i wonder if shields is hoping to influence/motivate the chiefs offseason plans by showing up late.

2 birds so to speak

avoiding OTA ... motivating the FO to commit more to winning this offseason.

just a thought

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:10 PM
i wonder if shields is hoping to influence/motivate the chiefs offseason plans by showing up late.

2 birds so to speak

avoiding OTA ... motivating the FO to commit more to winning this offseason.

just a thought

That would be a good thing, IMO. Priest said he was going to do this...is he following through?

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Why would anyone shave their balls? I'm 46 and I've never shaved my balls.
He was talking about basketballs. He was joking.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I have to admit, I also commented because of the motive I believe led to the creation of this thread.

There are certain posters here, like Freakshow and lately DaddyT that prefer to be the loudest voice in the room. They want to make sure that EVERYONE reads what they have to say.

I may be dead wrong on this, but I've gotten the impression since the day this poster arrived that he was not here to discuss anything.

Don't assume. I just don't spend the time going through 50,000 posts to see if there is a duplicate. If there is then there is and life will go on. Even with duplicate threads. Plus again as I stated to you before...I wanted to do a poll. Get it?

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
I can see that peteIROC is on pace to make LOTS of pals on the planet.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't assume. I just don't spend the time going through 50,000 posts to see if there is a duplicate. If there is then there is and life will go on. Even with duplicate threads. Plus again as I stated to you before...I wanted to do a poll. Get it?

There weren't 50,000 posts to look through. The other Will Shields thread was right here on the front page.

And I DO get your want to post a poll...that's a common Phoney Gonzales tactic.

It's all part of being a valued member here. You could start by participating in threads that you don't start.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I can see that peteIROC is on pace to make LOTS of pals on the planet.

Trust me if I have to come here to make friends I am in trouble.

Just having some off season fun.

I just love how some of YOU seem to slam people for making duplicate threads or whatever as you post in them :hmmm:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:38 PM

I just love how some of YOU seem to slam people for making duplicate threads or whatever as you post in them :hmmm:

So your admitting that you came here because it's the offseason, you're bored, and you needed a venue to spout off?

:hmmm:

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:39 PM
There weren't 50,000 posts to look through. The other Will Shields thread was right here on the front page.

And I DO get your want to post a poll...that's a common Phoney Gonzales tactic.

It's all part of being a valued member here. You could start by participating in threads that you don't start.

Whoever Phoney is. I would of participated in another thread, actually I did...but there wasn't a poll. I wanted to do a poll. This is still America right?

I think some on here are just full of themselves. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:41 PM
I think some on here are just full of themselves. :rolleyes:

I'm 100% convinced that's what the problem is.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:42 PM
So your admitting that you came here because it's the offseason, you're bored, and you needed a venue to spout off?

:hmmm:

Dude what is it with you? You do assume often don't you. I didn't admit anything other than I am just trying to post some off-season conversation. And to the extent of it just a poll. It was pretty much just that until you and your other buddy felt like flaming people for doing something you don't like. If you don't like it, then don't post to the thread. So get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 02:42 PM

I'm here to have fun and blow off steam too. In 5 years, I've managed several thousand posts, and probably have started 15 threads.....most of which go 200-1500 posts.

I didn't slam you for making the thread, I said your tone wasn't going to help, going after an original member and Mod.

If Iowanian is "Slamming" you...you'll know it.

I'll encourage to you poke at another cage with your Mulletstick, Iroc.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Dude what is it with you? You do assume often don't you. I didn't admit anything other than I am just trying to post some off-season conversation. And to the extent of it just a poll. It was pretty much just that until you and your other buddy felt like flaming people for doing something you don't like. If you don't like it, then don't post to the thread. So get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

What is with me?

Take a look at your very first post here.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm here to have fun and blow off steam too. In 5 years, I've managed several thousand posts, and probably have started 15 threads.....most of which go 200-1500 posts.

I didn't slam you for making the thread, I said your tone wasn't going to help, going after an original member and Mod.

If Iowanian is "Slamming" you...you'll know it.

I'll encourage to you poke at another cage with your Mulletstick, Iroc.

Look here, I know you have not much more to do in Iowa than live vicariously through message boards. But that is no reason for you to be insulting.

And referring to yourself in the 3rd person pretty much highlights the fact you are full of yourself. But I digress.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
What is with me?

Take a look at your very first post here.

I think my very first post here was about Fujita and it actually got some good discussion. Maybe YOU should look at my very first post hmmm???

And it seems you are always the first to sling insults at people then get pissed and whine cause it gets thrown back at you....your Moderatorship. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Look here, I know you have not much more to do in Iowa than live vicariously through message boards. But that is no reason for you to be insulting.

And referring to yourself in the 3rd person pretty much highlights the fact you are full of yourself. But I digress.

And now you resort to "Iowa" comments...

FYI, you live in KANSAS.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I think my very first post here was about Fujita and it actually got some good discussion. Maybe YOU should look at my very first post hmmm???

And it seems you are always the first to sling insults at people then get pissed and whine cause it gets thrown back at you....your Moderatorship. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you don't know what whining is, considering you're doing it right now...

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:49 PM
And now you resort to "Iowa" comments...

FYI, you live in KANSAS.

He started calling me Iroc..did he not? Don't dish it out if you can't take it there Rufy!

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:50 PM
He started calling my Iroc..did he not? Don't dish it out if you can't take it there Rufy!

I get the impression that you think you've gotten under my skin.

I deal with people like you every day.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm surprised you don't know what whining is, considering you're doing it right now...

Oh that hurts my feelings coming from you... :rolleyes:

You are just pissed off cause you are getting some of your own.

You are just pissed off becasue after you called this a redundant thread it was pointed out that you were posting in a thread you were calling worthless. :rolleyes:

petegz28
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
I get the impression that you think you've gotten under my skin.

I deal with people like you every day.

I never got that impression until you gave it to me. And trust me ..I KNOW I have gotten under your skin :p

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Oh that hurts my feelings coming from you... :rolleyes:

You are just pissed off cause you are getting some of your own.

You are just pissed off becasue after you called this a redundant thread it was pointed out that you were posting in a thread you were calling worthless. :rolleyes:

I've pointed out several times why I'm posting on a redundant thread. I'm sorry that it escapes your comprehension.

And if it makes you feel better to think I'm angry, more power to you. I'm anything BUT pissed off. Actually, I'm rather enjoying this now because it obviously pushes your buttons.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
I never got that impression until you gave it to me. And trust me ..I KNOW I have gotten under your skin :p

That's funny in a pathetic sort of way.

Especially coming from someone who has repeatedly told people here to get over themselves.

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I called you IROC because you have z28 in your handle. Pardon me if that generates Joe Dirt chasing his sister around the Tilta-whirl images.

If you're going to be serving some dishes........I'd like mine Supersized if you're going to take the effort, sport.

petegz28
03-31-2005, 03:00 PM
I called you IROC because you have z28 in your handle. Pardon me if that generates Joe Dirt chasing his sister around the Tilta-whirl images.

If you're going to be serving some dishes........I'd like mine Supersized if you're going to take the effort, sport.

Only an Iowanian would sit around with visions of Joe Dirt and chasing his sister. :p

And yes I own a Z28...but they quit making IROC's over 10 years ago Professor....try stepping into the now.

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:00 PM
IROC? Italian Retard out Cruising?

petegz28
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
That's funny in a pathetic sort of way.

Especially coming from someone who has repeatedly told people here to get over themselves.

Yes but sadly you can't.

Or let me guess..I am supposed to bow down and kiss your ass becauseyou are "tough" right??? You're a Mod..no wait...you're SUPER MOD!! Superman

Rufy the SUPER MOD! Don't let the avatar fool ya!

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
I'll bet you still have the complimentary Tight rolled jeans, the #4 faux-gold chain, and the Rod Stewart 8 track Cracklin' in the neighborhood too eh?

You were great on the wedding singer too..."she's gonna get it and don't even know it"

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes but sadly you can't.

Or let me guess..I am supposed to bow down and kiss your ass becauseyou are "tough" right??? You're a Mod..no wait...you're SUPER MOD!! Superman

No. Let me demonstrate.

Hey Rufus, you are gay. You should shut up, and use firefox, because I am superior to you, and know what is best. Plus, you are a shitty moderator, and you probably suck at Madden.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes but sadly you can't.

Yeah, in the 5 years that I've been here, I've demanded worship from virtually every member here. Ask anyone.

:rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
No. Let me demonstrate.

Hey Rufus, you are gay. You should shut up, and use firefox, because I am superior to you, and know what is best. Plus, you are a shitty moderator, and you probably suck at Madden.

ROFL

:toast:

Iowanian
03-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Saul, you should probably punish yourself now.......Everyone who has been here 2 months knows that its NCAA that Porker sucks at.

If I'd have seen Napolean Dynomite, I'd probably make a comment about maqe and eating a ham sandwich or something.

getoverit
03-31-2005, 03:09 PM
If he leaves we will miss him. He does alot besides football. At what point does he move on to other things. Careers are very short when should you leave, on top of your game or washed up?

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Saul, you should probably punish yourself now.......Everyone who has been here 2 months knows that its NCAA that Porker sucks at.

If I'd have seen Napolean Dynomite, I'd probably make a comment about maqe and eating a ham sandwich or something.

It was a bug, I swear! My WR's dropped everything! :D

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:10 PM

Well, I can't blame him there. When you use the Hawkeyes, its an automatic handicap.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, I can't blame him there. When you use the Hawkeyes, its an automatic handicap.

You should really know better than to go there, Saul.

I would ask you how your team did last season, but I realized that you root for multiple teams so that you can always latch on to a winner. ;)

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
You should really know better than to go there, Saul.

I would ask you how your team did last season, but I realized that you root for multiple teams so that you can always latch on to a winner. ;)
Haha. You can still ask. They both finished 4-7. I know...latching on to a winner and all that.

Anymore I just tell people im a K-State basketball, KU football fan. That confuses the fork out of em. :shake:

BTW, Scoreboard. :p

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Haha. You can still ask. They both finished 4-7. I know...latching on to a winner and all that.

Anymore I just tell people im a K-State basketball, KU football fan. That confuses the fork out of em. :shake:

BTW, Scoreboard. :p

The KSU b-ball, KU football comment made me laugh dude... ROFL

Scoreboard? I don't get it...are you still hanging on to the game at Arrowhead like 3 years ago?

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Scoreboard? I don't get it...are you still hanging on to the game at Arrowhead like 3 years ago?
Yes. Pretty sad, isn't it? I think the Hawkeyes went 1-10 that year, or something.

Personally, I think Iowa and KSU should develop a non-con rivalry game every year. 1 for 1, home and away every year. KSU really doesn't have any non-con rivals (due to us being pathetic for 80 some years), and could use a solid non-con rival to bolster our schedule every year. Plus the fact that Snyder came from Iowa would make it that much more interesting.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Yes. Pretty sad, isn't it? I think the Hawkeyes went 1-10 that year, or something.

Personally, I think Iowa and KSU should develop a non-con rivalry game every year. 1 for 1, home and away every year. KSU really doesn't have any non-con rivals (due to us being pathetic for 80 some years), and could use a solid non-con rival to bolster our schedule every year. Plus the fact that Snyder came from Iowa would make it that much more interesting.

You know, that's not a bad idea...

We have a home-and-home spot open after the Kittens down at Mizzou backed out...

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
You know, that's not a bad idea...

We have a home-and-home spot open after the Kittens down at Mizzou backed out...

I take that back. It's only this year - we filled it out of desperation with UNI.

Next year we start a series with Syracuse and head coach GREG ROBINSON.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I take that back. It's only this year - we filled it out of desperation with UNI.

Next year we start a series with Syracuse and head coach GREG ROBINSON.

ROFL
Looks like your 2008 is open. Give your AD a call.