PDA

View Full Version : KU fans: Do you want Roy to win it or not?

cmh6476
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
why not? :(

Eleazar
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I dunno about them but I do :D

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Hell no. That bitch TAMPERED with KU this year. F*ck that droopy-looking "Aww shucks" bullshit-spouting asshole. :grr:

I was a Roy Williams supporter before I heard about that shit. He can f*ck off and die, as far as I'm concerned.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
No. Hell no.

partially because he's the devil and partially because I have always hated UNC anyway but mostly because I've lived in Illinois for 14 or so years and am an Illini fan second.

jcroft
04-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm no longer bitter towards Roy and in principle, I would like to see him win a title at UNC. However, given this final four, I'm more tempted to root for Illinois (would be nice to see them finish off such a great season) or Louisville (I've always been a fan of Patino).

I guess I'm not really rooting for UNC (other than the fact that I picked them in my bracket), but if they win, I'll be happy for Roy.

cmh6476
04-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I definitely wanna see Illinois and UNC int he championship as opposed to any other matchup :thumb:

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Anybody that has any hard feelings about Roy Williams , IMHO, is still not over him leaving. As for him staying in touch with his players,he feels he has a freindship with them, I can understand it.

If any of you think Roy intentionally filled the players heads with ideas or thoughts during the year, you have have to be reaching for something else to bitch about because we didn't do as well as we should have this year.

As for Roy leaving KU, I was disaapointed , but always wondered and thought he would go back home to UNC someday. Why not, I have plans to move back to the KC area one day. People always says things that they wish they never had said, but at the same time can still have a love for that university or place.

As for Roy winning a NC game, I want him to win one, but not this year or any year before KU wins another one. Reason : The fuggn rivals running there mouths off . :D

In due time, Self will have this program in the right frame of mind he wants and win a NC or two.

Saulbadguy
04-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Michigan State is truly the only good situation. Roy is at UNC. Weber is taking Selfs old team all the way. David Padgett could win it all with his new team. Heh.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Michigan State is truly the only good situation. Roy is at UNC. Weber is taking Selfs old team all the way. David Padgett could win it all with his new team. Heh.

Padgett isn't even playing ......... Ha Ha ... ROFL

RedNFeisty
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope that he wins it. Roy is a great coach!!

HC_Chief
As for him staying in touch with his players,he feels he has a freindship with them, I can understand it.

Can you also understand that Bill Self was absolutely LIVID that Roy continued to contact BILL'S PLAYERS, during the SEASON, against BILL'S WISHES?

No, Roy is a frigging snake. He can get hit by a bus and drown in a pool of his own blood. 4321

ROYC75
Holy smokes, you're a f*cking genius.

You just now see'n this ?

Too bad some of the others don't see it . ROFL

teedubya
04-01-2005, 10:41 AM
no. not this year, at least.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Can you also understand that Bill Self was absolutely LIVID that Roy continued to contact BILL'S PLAYERS, during the SEASON, against BILL'S WISHES?

No, Roy is a frigging snake. He can get hit by a bus and drown in a pool of his own blood. 4321

Keep in mind that there were times the players called him as well. It's a two way street.

In time, it will all smooth out.

Roy Williams gave alot to KU in return. He gave back and helped produce alot of $$ for that school.

IMHO, I say it's time to grow up and see the whole picture.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-01-2005, 10:44 AM
I hope that he wins it. Roy is a great coach!!
I used to like you.....

:harumph:

jettio
04-01-2005, 10:46 AM

If Bill Self has not kept in touch with the players he recruited to Illinois, then it would be surprising that he could remain an effective recruiter.

Coaching is about relationships as well as strategy, and if Self cuts people off after changing jobs, that is his problem.

RedNFeisty
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I used to like you.....

:p

Does this mean I don't get PoPpy!?!

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
:p

Does this mean I don't get PoPpy!?!
Only if you take back what you said.

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
"The whole picture"? WTF are you babbling about? Yes, Roy did a great job <i><B>while he was here</i></b>... but he left. He's not a Jayhawk any more. So be it... fine, whatever.

When you start contacting players against the new coaches wishes however, you cross the line. For that, Roy can go f*ck himself.

HemiEd
04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
No, hell no! He got paid well enough when he was at KU, and fugging left. Screw him, he is a UNC coach now, fug him! :cuss:

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I have NC winning it all; I think Roy wimped out the way he left KU....but he's a good guy, a great coach....I can't not like the guy.

Saulbadguy
04-01-2005, 10:59 AM
KU fans: Do you want Glen Mason to win it or not?

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
No. **** him.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 11:15 AM
"The whole picture"? WTF are you babbling about? Yes, Roy did a great job <i><B>while he was here</i></b>... but he left. He's not a Jayhawk any more. So be it... fine, whatever.

When you start contacting players against the new coaches wishes however, you cross the line. For that, Roy can go f*ck himself.

Yep, no doubt you be sore.

Who is at fault when the players ( Miles and Langford ) called Williams ?

Must be Self's, right !

You seem to be more bitter over Williams than losing to Bucknell.

IMHO, maybe you need to grow up and get over it.

CoMoChief
04-01-2005, 11:23 AM
He deserves it more than anyone I think. Hes the 2nd best coach in the nation besides Coach K. What he did at Kansas has never been done anywhere else in history. Yeah I know he never won the big one, but he had like 8-9 conference titles, went undefeated twice in conference, lost his 100th game in the last season he was with the Jayhawks, he was the fastest coach to reach 400 wins. Too bad he started coaching late, he would end up surpassing Smith, Knight, you name it. Hes a good coach and syou cant blame him for going back to his alma mater coaching the best talent in the nation. Not only will Roy win it all this year, but will also win it alot for more years to come.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Do you want Roy to win it or not?

absolutely not!!! :cuss:

i hope he never wins another game ... period

Bearcat
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM
As for UNC, no... For Dick Vitale's daily UNC rants, the rest of ESPN, the selection committee that put them in an easier bracket than the real #1 overall seed, and anyone else that thinks UNC is easily the best team in the nation..... No.

As for Roy, I don't care. I was angry when he left, but I was never bitter about it. He said he would be at Kansas forever because I thought the next best position wouldn't be available for a long time. I think he meant it when he said it, and I think it really was one of the hardest decisions in his life. Some Kansas fans need to let it go.... now that Roy's Seniors are gone, I think he finally can.

WilliamTheIrish
04-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I get a huge kick out of all this.

Not so long ago everybody heard these same fans talk about their 'sister' program at UNC. How they ran identical programs, identical offense, the fabled coaching tree that reached to UNC and how it had grown roots all the way back to ku.

Now, the worm has turned.

For the record, I've always disliked UNC. Always thought Dean was the coach that did the least with the most. Hated when those powder blue candyasses ran the 4 corners offfense in the NCAA tourney. (Thank goodness the NCAA recognized their product suffered and instituted the shot clock.)
Who's the only man who could hold Michael Jordan to single digits in a game?

Dean Smith.

I like Louisville's chances in this. They seem to have been overshadowed by the other squads.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I want to see a Louisville vs Michigan State final.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Not so long ago everybody heard these same fans talk about their 'sister' program at UNC. How they ran identical programs, identical offense, the fabled coaching tree that reached to UNC and how it had grown roots all the way back to ku.

Now, the worm has turned
well they could of been a friendly(sister) program until they insisted on coming after the KU coach over and over and over again.

they didn't take "No" for answer once or twice... even three times.

bastiges :cuss:

Lzen
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
As for UNC, no... For Dick Vitale's daily UNC rants, the rest of ESPN, the selection committee that put them in an easier bracket than the real #1 overall seed, and anyone else that thinks UNC is easily the best team in the nation..... No.

As for Roy, I don't care. I was angry when he left, but I was never bitter about it. He said he would be at Kansas forever because I thought the next best position wouldn't be available for a long time. I think he meant it when he said it, and I think it really was one of the hardest decisions in his life. Some Kansas fans need to let it go.... now that Roy's Seniors are gone, I think he finally can.

Well said. :thumb:

Lzen
04-01-2005, 11:58 AM

Do you have a source on this(link)? I would like to read up on it. I heard a little bit about this after that loss to Bucknell but not much.

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep, no doubt you be sore.

Who is at fault when the players ( Miles and Langford ) called Williams ?

Must be Self's, right !

You seem to be more bitter over Williams than losing to Bucknell.

IMHO, maybe you need to grow up and get over it.

Well it's obvious you've never read my takes on Roy's departure. I'll forgive your ignorance on this matter.

To reitterate: I was not bitter over Roy's departure. I thought he did a great job at KU and appreciated his efforts. His leaving for UNC was hardly a shock... I understood why he went back - it's his home; and that second offer was too much to pass up. Great. Good for him. We get Bill Self - my first choice after Roy (since Pitino was already at Louisville).

When I found out he was contacting Bill's players, against Bill's wishes, that pissed me off. That's TAMPERING. I don't care if they talked about school work and whom the player was banging at the time - that's NOT acceptable. When Roy left, he ceased being a Jayhawk. He needs to figure that part out and stay the *#&$ away from our players.

If you can't figure out why his communicating with players against the HC's wishes, during the regular season, with a possible matchup in the tourney on the line, is problematic, then I suggest you take your lips off Roy's ass for a sec and see him for what he really is: a disingenuous prick.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Well it's obvious you've never read my takes on Roy's departure. I'll forgive your ignorance on this matter.

To reitterate: I was not bitter over Roy's departure. I thought he did a great job at KU and appreciated his efforts. His leaving for UNC was hardly a shock... I understood why he went back - it's his home; and that second offer was too much to pass up. Great. Good for him. We get Bill Self - my first choice after Roy (since Pitino was already at Louisville).

When I found out he was contacting Bill's players, against Bill's wishes, that pissed me off. That's TAMPERING. I don't care if they talked about school work and whom the player was banging at the time - that's NOT acceptable. When Roy left, he ceased being a Jayhawk. He needs to figure that part out and stay the *#&$ away from our players.

If you can't figure out why his communicating with players against the HC's wishes, during the regular season, with a possible matchup in the tourney on the line, is problematic, then I suggest you take your lips off Roy's ass for a sec and see him for what he really is: a disingenuous prick.

Now please respond to the rumors as well as when Roy did stop, the players in questioned called him.

So your point is remote, Roy was asked to stop, from what I read and heard, he did. But the players continued to consult with him.

Pot meet kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

One is just as damaging as the other, right.

As for problematic...... only if Roy tells the players to do as they wish instead of playing the way Self wants them to play.

IMHO, I think you are reaching for something that's not there.

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not "reaching" for anything. Tampering is tampering, period. I think your hardon for good ol Roy boy has clouded your judgement here. The f*cker tampered with players on the team. The consequences of which are unknown... but the fact remains he went behind the back of the current HC - and it pissed him off royally.

I find it somewhat telling you side with Roy on this rather than Bill. :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
04-01-2005, 12:40 PM
How about Terry Allen?

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Rules of tampering does not include talking about classes and personal decisions. That is all that has been reported so far....... Do you have eveidence about such tampering ?

The information I heard was Self asked Williams to stop, which he claims he did, then the same said students / athletes continued to call Williams.

Again, I ask, where is the problem.

I have left several jobs and continued to be friends with the former co-workers/friends/employer.

It was mentioned that basketball was not talked about ........ Now do we beleive it or not is the real question.

You choose to believe it hampered the players.

I choose to believe that it was more academics.

Answer this : Why would a current player under Self's team want to listen to another ( former ) coach about his current play or why to change when said former coach doen't see him daily in practice or game day play? And in his Senior year to speak of ?

If Williams was such a villian, did he stage a coup with the players and Bill Self ?

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
What you're babbling about is pure speculation... something I won't take part of. The fact remains that Williams contacted <H1>KU PLAYERS</h1> during the regular season. An act which set Bill Self off. Gee, was he just overreacting? Tell us Roy, since you seem to know all the answers.

KUChief
04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
No. HELL NO!

I'm still too bitter about the breakup. I'll get over it when KU has another Championship, hopefully before UNC. I hope that the Illini win.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
What you're babbling about is pure speculation... something I won't take part of. The fact remains that Williams contacted <H1>KU PLAYERS</h1> during the regular season. An act which set Bill Self off. Gee, was he just overreacting? Tell us Roy, since you seem to know all the answers.

Why don't you tell us what was done and said during the conversations.

How do you feel about the players contacting Williams ?

Dartgod
04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
If it causes most of the KU fans here to get their panties in a twist, then I'm all for it. :thumb:

GO TARHEELS!!

jcroft
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Well since you put it in big letters, I totally agree.

buddha
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm not a KU fan, but I would rather eat glass than see Crying Roy win anything!

RedNFeisty
04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Only if you take back what you said.

Okay, okay, I take it back! :thumb:

fingers crossed behind my back! :)

KCFalcon59
04-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I hope he wins one........eventually. Just not right away. Roy's a great coach. I was sad to see him go. The thing that pissed me off most and what I have trouble getting over is what UNC did by firing Dougherty and messing with the title run. They knew it would be a distraction and I believe they timed it that way on purpose. Lack of class if you ask me.

I've hated UNC before Roy Williams came to KU, after Roy left for UNC and wil hate them after he retires from UNC.

keg in kc
04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I hope he never wins one, so long as he's at North Carolina.

HemiEd
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM

Plain and simple leadership, no gray area here. If the players contacted Williams he should have deferred them to Self. Cut all ties, end of story. If Williams contacted any KU player he is clearly upstaging Self, wrong thing to do no matter what they were talking about.

HC_Chief

I don't know what was done or said... did I ever claim to?
Self wasn't explicitly pissed about his players contacting Roy, was he? Did he ever say he was? Nope - he was pissed because Roy talked to his players during the regular season. Who initiated contact is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is ROY should have put a stop to it immediately - told the players to talk to Bill first. To speak with them about anything - doesn't matter what - can be construed as tampering.

Perhaps you just can't wrap your little mind around that?

HC_Chief
Plain and simple leadership, no gray area here. If the players contacted Williams he should have deferred them to Self. Cut all ties, end of story. If Williams contacted any KU player he is clearly upstaging Self, wrong thing to do no matter what they were talking about.

Exactly.

HC_Chief
04-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Here's an example of a coach who knows the deal...

Roberts has not spoken to the players.

"I never call any players from places I worked previously," said Roberts, who did not want to comment on the fact Roy Williams had spoken with his former players at KU the past two years.

"If a kid was to call me, I'd call the coach and tell him because kids should only be hearing one voice. I am firmly against talking to players until they graduate."

<a href="http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_basketball/story/113857">link</a>

Coach Roberts was an aide to Bill... helped recruit this past season's freshman class. He knows how to handle the situation. As does Roy... Roy just prefers to upstage Bill. :grr:

jettio
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Here's an example of a coach who knows the deal...

<a href="http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_basketball/story/113857">link</a>

Coach Roberts was an aide to Bill... helped recruit this past season's freshman class. He knows how to handle the situation. As does Roy... Roy just prefers to upstage Bill. :grr:

Reading that article, ex-Asst. Coach Roberts did more harm to this year's Jayhawks than ex-Coach Williams.

It is now wonder that Self could not coach the Jayhawks with his ex-Asst. sucking the morning oatmeal out of Coach Self's azz along with half of what he would eat the rest of the day.

I am no homophobe, but there are limits on how much public praise one real man is supposed to bestow upon another, sheesh.

______
Roberts upset after Jayhawks' NCAA loss
Former aide, now at St. John's, says KU future in good hands with Self

By Gary Bedore, Assistant Sports Editor

Friday, March 25, 2005

What makes the NCAA Tournament so beautiful also is what made the 2005 edition so ugly for Kansas University's men's basketball players, coaches and fans.

"The little guy can play great and win on a given night," St. John's head coach Norm Roberts said.

He, along with the rest of Jayhawk Nation, was saddened and surprised by No. 3-seeded KU's 64-63 first-round tourney loss to No. 14 seed Bucknell on Friday in Oklahoma City.

"It's the reason the NCAA is what it is ... it happened to Syracuse (losing to Vermont) and to Connecticut (losing to N.C. State), too," said Roberts, a member of Bill Self's KU coaching staff during last year's Elite Eight season. "It's a great thing about the tournament, but it isn't great when it happens to you."

Roberts viewed the KU-Bucknell drama -- the biggest upset in Round One -- from his New York home.

"I hurt watching it," Roberts said. "I still care about those kids and coaches (at KU). It bothered me and my whole family."

He's known Self for a long time, having assisted him at Tulsa and Illinois, and Roberts was instrumental in landing KU's five-man freshman class.

"I know how much those kids hurt and those coaches hurt -- all the time they put in for it to end so abruptly," Roberts said. "Does it sting now? Yes. The tournament is still going on.

"A couple weeks from now, we'll all get over it. Life is not over. The future will be fine (because) you've got the best (coach) at Kansas."

Roberts directed St. John's to a 9-18 record in his first season, which was considered a great success considering he inherited a probation-riddled program with just eight scholarship players.

He gave his take on what may have happened to KU:

"If ever a game Cinderella had the slipper on, it was that one. Keith (Langford) hit two huge free throws, I mean huge ones," Roberts said of charities that gave the Jayhawks a 63-62 lead at :24.

"They come down, and a kid who is not a great scorer scores off a jump hook that banked in straight on," Roberts said of Chris McNaughton, who hit a hook at :08.

"How in the world does that go in if Cinderella doesn't have the slipper on that night?" an animated Roberts bellowed. "Then, Wayne (Simien) gets a great look at a shot that if he takes 10 times he makes eight. But this time it didn't go down."

Simien missed a jumper at the buzzer.

As far as KU finishing the season 23-7 after dropping six of their final nine games, Roberts said: "They had a lot of talent but I think it's tough to coach a team with a lot of injuries, guys in and out of practice.

"Injuries hurt continuity. Keith gets injured, then sick ... you want to go into the NCAAs full-throttle and they didn't go in full-throttle. Still, a lot of people would give an arm and a leg to go 23-7 and be a buzzer shot away from maybe going a long way."

Roberts said he had talked to his buddy, Self, since the tourney ended.

"He feels bad, disappointed the team didn't perform better. He'll get over it. It's part of the business. If anybody knows it, Coach knows it," Roberts said. "In recruiting you hear ‘no' a lot more than yes and you also move on. Remember, only one team will walk away happy when this thing is over."

Roberts has not spoken to the players.

"I never call any players from places I worked previously," said Roberts, who did not want to comment on the fact Roy Williams had spoken with his former players at KU the past two years.

"If a kid was to call me, I'd call the coach and tell him because kids should only be hearing one voice. I am firmly against talking to players until they graduate."

Thus, he's not spoken to Russell Robinson, the KU freshman guard from New York who struggled his rookie season and has been the subject of transfer rumors.

"I think he can have a great career at KU," Roberts said. "He'll find his niche. He's a great kid, and I know Coach likes him a lot. Sometimes it takes time.

"They will all get better," he said of the KU rookies. "They all will be good. One of the things, players will grow, get better and confident. They are talented."

Robinson has told media he was staying at KU.

"He should," Roberts said. "Kansas is an unbelievable place, on national TV all the time. As a point guard, who wouldn't want to play for the best coach in the country?"

Asked what he'd tell a hurting Jayhawk Nation, Roberts said: "Well, I'd tell people there you are blessed to have a terrific tradition and terrific players and coaches in the program, with a staff that does it the right way and works hard. The tradition is in great hands."

St. John's, another school with great tradition, is rebuilding under the patient Roberts, who next year will be eligible to play in the NCAA Tournament after a year's absence because of sanctions.

"I'm happy we started a foundation of working hard, playing hard and unselfish, caring for each other," Roberts said. "We were 9-18 and people have been saying, ‘Great year.' I tell the guys this was a mirage, next year we'll be dealing with the real world. We'll have 12 guys on scholarship, and 9-18 won't be considered a great year."

Bearcat
04-01-2005, 04:01 PM
If it causes most of the KU fans here to get their panties in a twist, then I'm all for it. :thumb:

GO TARHEELS!!

Heh... From prior experience, I don't think we'd actually have to do anything in order to hear how outraged and depressed we all are (supposed to be).

I'll anxiously await the thread...

"North Carolina wins the NC"

KU fan: Good for them.

KU fan: That sucks.

KU fan: Eh.

non-KU fan: Ha ha ha! All the KU fans have their panties in a twist!!!

KU fan: Not at all.

KU fan: Not really.

non-KU fan: You guys are hilarious! Getting all pissed off about your boy Roy winning a NC!!

KU fan: Dumbass.

KU fan: Dumbass.

non-KU fan: Dumbasses.

Dartgod
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Pft. The contents of this thread alone show that your script is less than accurate.
Yup...
Hell no. That bitch TAMPERED with KU this year. F*ck that droopy-looking "Aww shucks" bullshit-spouting asshole. :grr:

I was a Roy Williams supporter before I heard about that shit. He can f*ck off and die, as far as I'm concerned.
No, hell no! He got paid well enough when he was at KU, and fugging left. Screw him, he is a UNC coach now, fug him! :cuss:
No. **** him.
absolutely not!!! :cuss:

i hope he never wins another game ... period
No. HELL NO!

I'm still too bitter about the breakup. I'll get over it when KU has another Championship, hopefully before UNC. I hope that the Illini win.

Bearcat
04-01-2005, 04:33 PM
With the Bucknell tshirt stuff and with other past KU and/or MU topics, one side already has their conclusion on how the other side feels, so it doesn't matter what's actually said. Kansas fans were posting that the Bucknell stuff was hilarious, but all MU fans kept telling us we were outraged. ....and it's happend the other way, too....

Anyway, my point wasn't that there aren't KU fans that would "get their panties in a twist" over UNC winning the NC, because I personally know a few KU fans that are still bitter.... I was merely pointing out the "If it causes" part.

Whatever.

royr17
04-01-2005, 04:36 PM
HELL NOOOOOOO

HemiEd
04-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Yup...

Guilty as charged, but but....

DJay23
04-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Roy is a professional. A coach. It would be hard, but if a former player calls him and he has been asked previously not to talk to those players, he needs to have discipline and extend Bill the professional courtesy.

As for my feelings on Roy winning an NC:

"I don't give a SHIT about North Carolina."

Bearcat
04-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Huh?

It doesn't matter if no KU fan is actually outraged (see: Bucknell thread), if only a few KU fans are outraged, the majority or all..... come Tuesday morning, if UNC has won the NC, we will all be lumped into on big group of outraged Kansas fans.

Dartgod said if it causes outrage.

I thought it was funny, because it doesn't have to cause outrage in order for us to all be outraged in the eyes of non-KU fans.... as shown in previous threads.

That said, my script could include zero outraged KU fans, 1 outraged KU fans, or all.... the response from non-KU fans would be the same.

DJay23
04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I still have and wear that shirt. (Extra funny being's I'm not even a KU fan.)

Every year fewer and fewer people remember that quote, and folks are confused as to why I'm shitting on (or not, as the case may be, I guess) NC.
Looking back, my favorite shirt from that fiasco was from Carolina fans. At the time it pissed me off, but when it was official, they had a shirt that said, "Got Roy?" I think it's pretty funny.

The only thing that situation did for me was to cause me to go from liking and actively rooting for UNC to actively rooting against. I don't like how UNC handled the situation, and the timing of it all.