PDA

View Full Version : Sharper Released -- why didn't C.P. trade a 7th. round pick for him????

Manila-Chief
04-01-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

"Texans | Sharper Cut - from www.KFFL.com"
"Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:07:15 -0800"

"ESPNews reports the Houston Texans have released LB Jamie Sharper."

Is this guy any good? Do we want him? I assume he is better than our LB'ers????

If he is why didn't Kingless give them a 7th. round pick for him and keep him off the market? I know the theory of he is now a free agent and CP can get him for peanuts but......

DenverChief
04-01-2005, 08:09 PM
CHIEFS SIGN BELL!

Manila-Chief
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Ok. But I think we need more LB help????? Kingless tried to sign Hartwell didn't he, even after signing Bell.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, he's garnering a ton of interest. I wish we would have given up a pick to get him when we could now get him for free...

Where the hell is Packfan when you need him?

nascher
04-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Salary Cap !!!
Funny according to some "Fans" CP should sign just about every Free Agent. And throw all Draft Picks at Players who get cut.

WebGem
04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Did somebody just ask why we didn't trade for a guy that we can now get without trading anything at all for?

Skip Towne
04-01-2005, 08:20 PM
If Carl had given up the pick the geniouses here would have been screaming that he should have waited for him to be cut. You just can't please the geniouses.

Manila-Chief
04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Did somebody just ask why we didn't trade for a guy that we can now get without trading anything at all for?

You are right! I stand corrected!! It is the late round picks where Kingless finds players ... my bad!!!!!

Manila-Chief
04-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Salary Cap !!!
Funny according to some "Fans" CP should sign just about every Free Agent. And throw all Draft Picks at Players who get cut.

Salary Cap???? ... then just how was Kingless going to sign Hartwell? CP was in the bidding for him until the very end.

Maybe Sharper's cap numbers are too high? But, since he is on the open market there is likely to be several bidding for his services.

Logical
04-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Salary Cap???? ... then just how was Kingless going to sign Hartwell? CP was in the bidding for him until the very end.

Maybe Sharper's cap numbers are too high? But, since he is on the open market there is likely to be several bidding for his services.

I think the point is that you pick up his contract in a trade, they possibly could sign him for less as a free agent if there is not a competitor for his services.

TEX
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Sharper can play and he is better than any LB we have (except Bell) but he has lost a step and it is very noticeable especially in pass coverage. I don't think he could play OLB at the level that the CHIEFS need. Just my take after watching him play here in Houston the past few years.

jspchief
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM

If he's such a hot commodity, wouldn't other teams be willing to part with the 7th rounder also?