PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit--How Much Bad News Can One Take In A Short Period Of Time?...

FloridaChief
04-01-2005, 08:58 PM
...Neil Young Recovering From Brain Aneurysm

NEW YORK - Neil Young was treated for a brain aneurysm this week and remains hospitalized, although doctors expect a full recovery, his publicist said Friday.

The 59-year-old rocker underwent a procedure to treat it Tuesday night at a New York hospital, where he was expected to remain for a few more days, publicist Bob Merlis told The Associated Press.

Dr. Pierre Gobin, who performed the procedure with another doctor, said: "Mr. Young had a dangerous brain aneurysm and was treated successfully by the minimally invasive neuroradiology team here. He is now resting comfortably ... but we strongly recommend that he not travel for several days."

Young had been expected to perform Sunday at the Juno Awards — the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys.

"I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to make it to Winnipeg for the Junos as I had hoped. I grew up there and was really looking forward to the show as well as spending some time with my old friends and family," Young said. "Thanks to my doctors, I'm feeling a lot better now so I hope I can get a rain check."

The aneurysm was discovered when Young's vision became blurry after attending the March 14 induction ceremonies for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Merlis said. An examination by a neurologist detected the aneurysm and the procedure was scheduled.

The veteran rocker is expected to resume normal activities soon. But for now, Merlis said, "He's got to take it easy."

:(

the Talking Can
04-01-2005, 09:04 PM
whoa...no need for him to go yet...

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I hope he recovers all the way. I saw him in concert 3 times......he is awesome as a one man show. :)

ltlchfinD
04-01-2005, 09:11 PM
sounds like good news to me. He could be on a feeding tube

Over-Head
04-01-2005, 10:45 PM
.."keep on rocken in the free worlddddd"

Eleazar
04-01-2005, 10:51 PM
That sucks. I hope he recovers, would really like to see him someday.