PDA

View Full Version : Draft me this LB please

redshirt32
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
http://www.qisports.com/derrickjohnson2005.html

Would be nice to see him fall all the way to us, not that we are looking for a LB, but I would take DJ and be glad to deal a 2nd for Surtain.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2005, 11:25 PM
It looks like we have to trade up to get Derrick Johnson and we don't really have the goods to do it.

redshirt32
04-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Some draft boards have him falling as far as #12 our mock has him falling to #10. I think it will be earlier but who knows.

Archie Bunker
04-01-2005, 11:40 PM
He is a stud but I am leary of anything G-Rob has had his hands on. If Surtain is not obtained I would not be surprised to see the Chiefs trade up and try to get him or Rolle.

This begs the question would you rather have Surtain or DJ?

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
He is a stud but I am leary of anything G-Rob has had his hands on. If Surtain is not obtained I would not be surprised to see the Chiefs trade up and try to get him or Rolle.

Surtain. He is proven. DJ for all the talent he has is more likely to flop next year.

Tribal Warfare
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM

DJ because he could help KC more than just the passing game.

redshirt32
04-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Somehow just somehow things fell into place. First time ever has my wish on the first day of draft came true. This is freaking outstanding just outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FloridaChief
04-24-2005, 05:26 AM
Somehow just somehow things fell into place. First time ever has my wish on the first day of draft came true. This is freaking outstanding just outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to call your shot, redshirt. It's Sunday morning and I still can't believe this guy fell to 15...

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 05:51 AM
I can't ever remember a draft like this. First I'm waiting for Detroit to pick him. Then they go for Williams and I start to think it's possible. Then New Orleans trades up, and I'm sure they're going to pick DJ or Thomas Davis. Then Carolina is on the board. They're both available. I'm not sure which I want, but I think DJ is probably the way to go, so I figure that's who Carolina will go for. And although either way we can't go wrong, I swear, that 15 minutes waiting for them to pick felt like an eternity.

But wait, then we have our 15 minutes on the board, and I'm thinking my half-joking prediction that Johnson would be available and we'd trade down was going to come true. Seemed like an hour passed before his name was called. Wow.

htismaqe
04-24-2005, 06:10 AM
I can't ever remember a draft like this. First I'm waiting for Detroit to pick him. Then they go for Williams and I start to think it's possible. Then New Orleans trades up, and I'm sure they're going to pick DJ or Thomas Davis. Then Carolina is on the board. They're both available. I'm not sure which I want, but I think DJ is probably the way to go, so I figure that's who Carolina will go for. And although either way we can't go wrong, I swear, that 15 minutes waiting for them to pick felt like an eternity.

But wait, then we have our 15 minutes on the board, and I'm thinking my half-joking prediction that Johnson would be available and we'd trade down was going to come true. Seemed like an hour passed before his name was called. Wow.

That's kinda the way it played of for me. The Detroit and New Orleans picks were pretty mystifying.

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 06:17 AM
That's kinda the way it played of for me. The Detroit and New Orleans picks were pretty mystifying.Maybe our recent run of bad luck in the draft is balancing out, finally. Although I'd like to think we'll have some players contribute from the last two classes, I don't think anything that happened on draft day is the equal of Johnson falling as far as he did for really no discernable reason. Wouldn't it be nice if three or four years from now we're looking at it the way people look at Randy Moss' free fall...

crossbow
04-24-2005, 06:24 AM

I couldn't believe Detroit passed on him. I thought the Saints traded up to get DJ but they took a lineman. Then I was sure Carolina would take him. While he was sitting there...there was that deadly 15 minutes. It was all the time Carl needed to screw the pooch but he couldn't trade down like he wanted so we got stuck with the best defensive player in the friggen draft!!!

It realy is amazing how everything just fell into place. It was meant to be.

htismaqe
04-24-2005, 07:02 AM
I couldn't believe Detroit passed on him. I thought the Saints traded up to get DJ but they took a lineman. Then I was sure Carolina would take him. While he was sitting there...there was that deadly 15 minutes. It was all the time Carl needed to screw the pooch but he couldn't trade down like he wanted so we got stuck with the best defensive player in the friggen draft!!!

It realy is amazing how everything just fell into place. It was meant to be.

By the time Carolina was on the clock, I was already happy. I just knew at that point we'd get either Davis or Johnson...