PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Pryce

HolmeZz
04-03-2005, 07:32 PM
He's supposedly about to get cut loose by Denver; seeing as there have been rumors that we've been trying to save our 2nd rounder this year so that we could trade it for Howard, do you think Pryce being on the market would make it so we'd be more likely to give your 2nd to Miami and just try and sign Pryce straight up? Also, who would you rather have(not taking into consideration giving up a draft pick), Howard or Pryce?

Hammock Parties
04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
This guy has to be better than Hicks, right?

milkman
04-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I'd have to say Pryce, if he's healthy.

While Carl isn't exactly a draft guru, I'd still rather not give away too many picks.

Even a blind squirrel, and all that.

Rain Man
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I'd love to pick up Pryce. He's one of the few Broncos who can actually play well without cheating.

Sure-Oz
04-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd def. take a look at him, why are they cutting him?

beer bacon
04-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd have to say Pryce, if he's healthy.

While Carl isn't exactly a draft guru, I'd still rather not give away too many picks.

Even a blind squirrel, and all that.

I was reading over at the Mane and many of the regulars were saying he was healthy. Of course if they cut or trade him they will all decide he is still injured and will never be the player he used to be.

milkman
04-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I was reading over at the Mane and many of the regulars were saying he was healthy. Of course if they cut or trade him they will all decide he is still injured and will never be the player he used to be.

Isn't the rumor that the Asses want him to renegotiate, and he ain't budging?

the Talking Can
04-03-2005, 07:50 PM
he's a good player, but over rated...he never shows up big in big games, i.e. the playoffs....but waaaaaaay better than Hicks, no doubt

Archie Bunker
04-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Howard is 6-3 275 and 28 yrs old. 16 sacks in his last 21 games. He has missed 11 games over the past 2 yrs.

Pryce is 6-5 295 and 29 yrs old. 8 sacks in his last 18 games.

Both seems like improvements I would take either one. My money would be on Pryce because their would be no draft pick involved and he would come from a division rival with something to prove. Personally I would rather have Howard without question.

Pryce seems more like a Carl move.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Howard is 6-3 275 and 28 yrs old. 16 sacks in his last 21 games. He has missed 11 games over the past 2 yrs.

Pryce is 6-5 295 and 29 yrs old. 8 sacks in his last 18 games.

Both seems like improvements I would take either one. My money would be on Pryce because their would be no draft pick involved and he would come from a division rival with something to prove. Personally I would rather have Howard without question.

Pryce seems more like a Carl move.

IF the Surtain deal happens, signing Pryce will probably be tough.

SBK
04-04-2005, 01:03 AM

I think Denver would take the pick for Mr. Irrelavent then run the chance that Pryce ends up in the AFC West.

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I'd def. take a look at him, why are they cutting him?
Can you say Cleveland Browns?

Nightfyre
04-04-2005, 01:17 AM
where the **** did this howard rumor come from? I just suggested it one day. I havent actually heard any rumors about it.

Archie Bunker
04-04-2005, 01:25 AM
where the **** did this howard rumor come from? I just suggested it one day. I havent actually heard any rumors about it.

I mentioned it in another thread. It was floating around other sites that one of the holdups in the Surtain trade was that Carl was trying to use the 2nd to get Howard. I don't know the origin of the rumor. Probably some fat guy in his underwear sitting at his computer thinking stuff up I really don't know.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113455&page=6

Taco John
04-04-2005, 01:57 AM
I think we might try to keep him. Supposedly, he's showing up at the workout tomorrow for the first day of the off season conditioning program.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:44 AM
I think we might try to keep him. Supposedly, he's showing up at the workout tomorrow for the first day of the off season conditioning program.

What's the deal? I haven't followed him closely....is he just chewin' up too much of the cap and unwilling to renegotiate, or has he really declined that quickly? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
The deal is injuries and a huge cap number, and he's never been willing to renegotiate his contract. I believe they would love to renegotiate the contract and keep him, but I think his cap hit is like $9M this year and they don't want that number.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 08:46 AM
The deal is injuries and a huge cap number, and he's never been willing to renegotiate his contract. I believe they would love to renegotiate the contract and keep him, but I think his cap hit is like $9M this year and they don't want that number.

Thanks, MH.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
not really...

like most FA's ... we should take a look. Pryce would be a definate upgrade over Eric Hicks.

a pryce/Browning rotation on the left side would be pretty good