PDA

View Full Version : Im revising my Royals Prediction for this year

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 01:17 PM
After todays performance, im gonna say the best they can hope for is 55- 60 wins....sigh..

beavis
04-04-2005, 01:21 PM
It's one game dude, don't go jumping out of any windows yet.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the update.

|Zach|
Classic Deberg...

jcroft

Don't listen to him. Jump out the window already.

siberian khatru
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Bonderman's a good young pitcher. Good pitchers are gonna make us look really bad this year.

But there's enough mediocre-to-bad pitchers out there, those are the guys our young players need to make strides against. I don't know how many wins that will translate to, but we won't always look this bad. I hope.

Deberg_1990

Dont worry, I wont, but Pena should just go ahead and slit his wrists right now. Save himself the stress this year is gonna bring......and we complain about the Chiefs not forking over the cash for any talent. Geez....

I guess theres always the T-Bones!

alpha_omega
161-1?

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Classic Deberg...

Thanks! I have a rep to protect.

bkkcoh
04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Bonderman's a good young pitcher. Good pitchers are gonna make us look really bad this year.

But there's enough mediocre-to-bad pitchers out there, those are the guys our young players need to make strides against. I don't know how many wins that will translate to, but we won't always look this bad. I hope.

But we don't have to face 'em, they are on our team...

siberian khatru
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
But we don't have to face 'em, they are on our team...

Heh. I like most of our arms, though.

bsp4444
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll agree that our #1 starter may not fare well all year, but our #'s 3,4, and 5 should compete well against any other team's #'s 3, 4, and 5 given the extra run support.

Pants
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Put Rich mothaf*ckin Scanlon in!

bkkcoh
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Heh. I like most of our arms, though.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a good young staff. It is just hard to imagine them shaping up this year. I think we all have to realize that fact.

It would be nice to bat against our staff. Wouldn't it... :p :thumb:

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Classic Deberg...
Yep..this picture was taken after todays Royals game.
http://www.bucpower.com/deberg-stl87.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
56-106

Together we can.

KChiefs1
04-04-2005, 01:54 PM
So is DeBerg really Jack Harry? :hmmm:

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
End of 1st qtr....the Chiefs will never win this one. Game over.

End of game.....yes GOOO CHIEFS!!!

Spott
04-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Only 19 days until the NFL draft.

VonneMarie
04-04-2005, 02:34 PM
After ONE GAME?

Give me a ****ing break. :rolleyes:

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Doom and gloom, big surprise. :rolleyes:

Remember we won opening day last year :rolleyes:

Valiant
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Thats foolish, i knew we would get rocked this game... They started lima first because he can handle getting rocked... Ability wise he is our number four pitcher... It will get better...

Demonpenz
04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
last year I was pegging the royals for 10 titles in a row after the beltran HR. If there is anymore reason to take it one game at a time or how the first game doesn't mean shit look at opening day last year. Now one thing i WIll get pissed is the royals are still saying "it's still early" bla bla bla i remember last year sweeney was still saying that when it was june

Calcountry
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
In other news, the A's lost too. But nobody here gives a chit, you aren't even in our division anymore.

KC Kings
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Royals finish third place in the worst division is baseball, and they raise the prices and shrink the cheap seats the next year. The Royals lose 104 games and they raise the prices and shrink the cheap seats again this year.

$7 for corner end zone seats, $9 for parking, and a round a the Little K is $40 a family now, before you buy food or drinks. I used to go to a ton of games because it was the best deal in KC, and kids like to go to the game win or lose. Now it is just as cheap to go to the movies, or Paradise Park, or Cool Crest, or 50 other family activites.

I was there last Oct 2 for loss 103, and I will still go to a few games this year and pull for them, but to me the Royals lost when they kept raising prices, never put that money into good players, and didn't let anybody go to opening day last year unless you bought season tickets.

VonneMarie
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
At last check Minny is getting rocked 5-0 to Seattle top 4th. ROFL

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
At last check Minny is getting rocked 5-0 to Seattle top 4th. ROFL

5-1 end of the 5th

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
In other news,

Beltran goes 3-5 with a homer

Randa 2-4 with a game winning walk-off homer

Thig Lyfe
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Beltran goes 3-5 with a homer

Randa 2-4 with a game winning walk-off homer

Damn, those guys are pretty good. I wish we could take a look at them.

VonneMarie
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Cleveland lost too... so atleast we aren't at the bottom by ourselves...

Thig Lyfe
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
ooh, but Calvin Pickering homered.

Yessss.

Sure-Oz
04-04-2005, 05:12 PM
The Red Sox got owned by the yankees last night no way they do well this season after that devistating loss. The Royals will be a fun team to watch i think, 161 games left.

Bob Dole
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM
What's the record for home runs surrendered in a season?

After today, we're the proud owner of 2 of the 3, 3-run homer games in league history.

w00t.

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:20 PM
You're kidding.

:spock: at that

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Yep..this picture was taken after todays Royals game.

ROFL I think he secretly loves that the Royals lose. Maybe we should change his avatar to this:

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Im sorry guys, im just frustrated after 20 straight seasons of no playoff baseball. Tired of seeing this organization spin its wheels and go around in circles accomplishing nothing. How do teams like the Marlins, Twins, A's do it?? Christ, the Marlins have won 2 World Series in the past 8 years or so. The "small market" excuse doesnt cut it for me anymore.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
So find a new team, then.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 05:39 PM
So find a new team, then.

Good idea. There is always to the T-Bones I guess. The only difference between the 2 teams is the staduim size.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Good idea. There is always to the T-Bones I guess. The only difference between the 2 teams is the staduim size.
There are the T-Bones...or hell, you live in Texas, don't you? How about the Rangers, or the Astros?

San Antonio..hm..you could root for the Roadrunners, although they suck pretty bad. I'm starting to enjoy college baseball quite a bit. I love the sound the bat makes...PING! Yeah, i'm easily amused.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 05:45 PM
There are the T-Bones...or hell, you live in Texas, don't you? How about the Rangers, or the Astros?

San Antonio..hm..you could root for the Roadrunners, although they suck pretty bad. I'm starting to enjoy college baseball quite a bit. I love the sound the bat makes...PING! Yeah, i'm easily amused.

Yea, the Astros are pretty good. I might have to start rooting for them.....oh hell, its hard to give up a team you grew up loving....

PunkinDrublic
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
This is not the year to expect for the Royals to make their playoff run. Last year was the Royals year to make a play for the central division and we all know how that blew up in our faces. Like it or not this is a rebuilding year for the Royals so they can develop some players. I'm still pulling for the Royals and want them to do as well as they can but they are obviously starting over again. Deberg I'm afraid you're going to have to grit your teeth and bear it because it aint going to be a pretty season.

Look at it this way at least you can tell your kids none of the Royals use steroids. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Did you really expect this team to be a playoff contender??? Just enjoy what you can, the baseball is setup we will have to hope that the team improves and gels cause we will never compete on a consistent basis, i hope for .500 seasons since ive watched this team. My only real hurrah's was 2003 and 1994 i believe during the strike year where we were on a wildcard tear.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
This is not the year to expect for the Royals to make their playoff run. Last year was the Royals year to make a play for the central division and we all know how that blew up in our faces. Like it or not this is a rebuilding year for the Royals so they can develop some players. I'm still pulling for the Royals and want them to do as well as they can but they are obviously starting over again. Deberg I'm afraid you're going to have to grit your teeth and bear it because it aint going to be a pretty season.

Look at it this way at least you can tell your kids none of the Royals use steroids. :thumb:
I'd love to see Sweeney get caught with roids...his explanation would be great.

"God made me do it!!"

KevB
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Royals finish third place in the worst division is baseball, and they raise the prices and shrink the cheap seats the next year. The Royals lose 104 games and they raise the prices and shrink the cheap seats again this year.

$7 for corner end zone seats, $9 for parking, and a round a the Little K is $40 a family now, before you buy food or drinks. I used to go to a ton of games because it was the best deal in KC, and kids like to go to the game win or lose. Now it is just as cheap to go to the movies, or Paradise Park, or Cool Crest, or 50 other family activites.

I was there last Oct 2 for loss 103, and I will still go to a few games this year and pull for them, but to me the Royals lost when they kept raising prices, never put that money into good players, and didn't let anybody go to opening day last year unless you bought season tickets.

Well said. There are few things I enjoy more than taking the family to the park on a mild summer evening, but to sit in decent seats has me shelling out nearly $100 when all is said and done. That's extremely tough to stomach when I'm watching this pathetic excuse for a major league team.

Sure-Oz
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
I like to go during weeknights on occasion, not too many people and pretty much "pick" your seat haha, Yeah it is expensive for beer and stuff, otherwise i do have a good time.

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Ah, it's one game (and I actually listened/watched to all of it :eek: ). Let's see how Wednesday and Thursday go, and then how they do against the LA Angels of Anal-heim of Orange County of California of the US. They're gonna lose a lot of games this year, some like today's, let's just hope they can win a few, and get better as they go along.

tk13
04-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Well said. There are few things I enjoy more than taking the family to the park on a mild summer evening, but to sit in decent seats has me shelling out nearly $100 when all is said and done. That's extremely tough to stomach when I'm watching this pathetic excuse for a major league team.
I think that's just sports in general though, not just the Royals. The Royals are still one of the cheapest professional sports experiences in the country. You look up Cardinals tickets and it is absurd... you'd be paying 30-ish dollars for the marquee games in the equivalent of some of the 7 dollar seats at the K, 10-12 bucks if you want to park near the stadium... then it's freaking 2.50 if you want a scorecard which is highway robbery. It's expensive. But then again I don't have a family to think about. If I wanted go to a game at the K for the cheapest amount possible it'd cost me $7 to get in, $1 for a scorecard, and $4.50 or so for a pepsi, and that'd pretty much be it.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
The Royals are still one of the cheapest professional sports experiences in the country.

As well they should be. Why should the good people of KC pay absorbant prices to go watch a triple AAA ballclub? If Glass wont shell out, why should we??

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:51 PM
As well they should be. Why should the good people of KC pay absorbant prices to go watch a triple AAA ballclub? If Glass wont shell out, why should we??I hate paying absorbant prices.

tk13
04-04-2005, 06:51 PM
As well they should be. Why should the good people of KC pay absorbant prices to go watch a triple AAA ballclub? If Glass wont shell out, why should we??
Do you think you could throw any more cliches into one post? "It's AAA baseball".... "Glass doesn't spend money".... where were you at the beginning of last season?

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Do you think you could throw any more cliches into one post?Is that a challenge?

Saulbadguy
An absorbant price? Did someone spill a barrell of Kool-Aid at the K?
http://www.strangecult.com/pisser/koolaid/km_picture_new.jpg
OOOH YEAH! OOOH YEAH!

keg in kc
An absorbant price? Did someone spill a barrell of Kool-Aid at the K?That's exactly why I didn't go with my diaper joke. I knew it would just go flat.

tk13
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Is that a challenge?
Not really. I don't think I want my head to explode before May, although that appears unlikely with each passing day as I hear "Glass would never spend money to improve the team" over and over and over again.... it's like that whole "if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" thing. One day I'm going to wake up and get on here and my brain is just going to explode.

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I know what you mean.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2005, 06:58 PM
An absorbant price? Did someone spill a barrell of Kool-Aid at the K?

oops! im such a dumbass

Demonpenz
04-04-2005, 07:08 PM
dropping like 30 bucks for a night of good entertainment if your like me just take a water bottle full of liquer in the game then just go to the bathroom and put some in your sprite making sure that no security guard is watching.

KevB
04-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I think that's just sports in general though, not just the Royals. The Royals are still one of the cheapest professional sports experiences in the country. You look up Cardinals tickets and it is absurd... you'd be paying 30-ish dollars for the marquee games in the equivalent of some of the 7 dollar seats at the K, 10-12 bucks if you want to park near the stadium... then it's freaking 2.50 if you want a scorecard which is highway robbery. It's expensive. But then again I don't have a family to think about. If I wanted go to a game at the K for the cheapest amount possible it'd cost me $7 to get in, $1 for a scorecard, and $4.50 or so for a pepsi, and that'd pretty much be it.

I don't disagree with a word you've said and you make a good point about sports in general. However, I'm willing to pay a premium to go see guys like Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, etc. Paying $130 to go see those guys, who my kids would remember watching while growing up....vs. $100 to see the crap on the field for the Royals are two entirely different things. I would go to a couple fewer Cardinal games, but they'd certainly be more memorable.

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Not really. I don't think I want my head to explode before May, although that appears unlikely with each passing day as I hear "Glass would never spend money to improve the team" over and over and over again.... it's like that whole "if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" thing. One day I'm going to wake up and get on here and my brain is just going to explode.

Me too. At least they aren't still crying that "we didn't even try to sign Beltran"

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
I disagree with the "crap on the field" sentiment. Its fun being the underdog. I remember a couple seasons ago the Yankees came to town, and the place was near full, mostly Skankees fans, and we absolutely hammered them..something like 12-3. I loved watching them sulk, and leave in the 7th inning.

How about the old term "ya get what ya pay for." Royals tickets are cheap. If they were good, you'd be paying more. :shrug:

KevB
04-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I disagree with the "crap on the field" sentiment. Its fun being the underdog. I remember a couple seasons ago the Yankees came to town, and the place was near full, mostly Skankees fans, and we absolutely hammered them..something like 12-3. I loved watching them sulk, and leave in the 7th inning.

How about the old term "ya get what ya pay for." Royals tickets are cheap. If they were good, you'd be paying more. :shrug:

I was at that Yankee game....that whole series was fun to watch. There's a difference between being the underdog and being the doormat. It's not that the Yankees have owned us....hell, the Twins and White Sox have owned us.

What about the term "get what you pay for"? I said below I'd be more likely to pay for tickets to a team that may provide some memories.

Eleazar
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm revising this thread with the details from today's game :D

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
At this pace, I'd say 81-81.

ChiTown
04-06-2005, 01:43 PM
At this pace, I'd say 81-81.
:)

I think I'll wait for the rubber match to give my indication :harumph:

Eleazar