PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Galindo is gone.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
On the front page of Phog.net, they are reporting it in a premium story. I'd check out the message board, but i'm banned.

jcroft
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
That sucks.

Lzen
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Uggh. Can it get much worse? :banghead:

Saulbadguy
Here is a link to the Slants premium board. Titles are confirming he is gone, but not where to. I'm guessing Rutgers.

http://kansas.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=897&fid=1871&style=2

|Zach|
I didn't think this was a big loss for you guys...seemed like he didn't have much of a real spot in the team.

I could be wrong...

jcroft
04-04-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't think it's a HUGE loss, but I liked this kid and would've liked to have kept him.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
He had a good outside shot. I thought out of the freshman, he was the best...but none of them got too many significant minutes.

So..under Selfs watch, the transfer count is up to 3.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2005, 02:56 PM
we need all the outside shooting we can get ... galindo could do that.

just shows even more about how Self failed to adapt that last recruit class into his program.

basically now just about everyone, except moody, from the previous coach is gone.

russell,jackson,kaun are still left from recruiting but they haven't played much ... this is all self's people now.

looks to be a down year ... i hope Self is up to it

i pretty disappointed that he had to strip everything clean though

chiefscafan
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
guys self is a good coach heck his team the one he recruited is in the championship game.

have faith KU fans in the end the guy will win a championship the one thing roy could never do here.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Crap, that sucks.... we need more outside shooters. :(

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
3 transfers out
Coach's former team in the Nat'l Championship
Team's former coach in the Nat'l Championship
All Senior leaders leaving in ignomy after collectively puking on their shoes in the first round
How fast can a proud program go to 2nd rate?
We're on the way to UNLV-land here.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Crap, that sucks.... we need more outside shooters. :(
Chalmers, Downs, and Wright all have an outside shot.

Currently, they've got Giddens and Hawkins. Heh. I guess thats kind of scary.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Chalmers, Downs, and Wright all have an outside shot.

Currently, they've got Giddens and Hawkins. Heh. I guess thats kind of scary.

I'm always leary of new uber-recruits. The hype surrounding them is always unreal. I hate being like some mizzou puke, but they have to "show me" before I'll believe.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2005, 03:30 PM
3 transfers out
Coach's former team in the Nat'l Championship
Team's former coach in the Nat'l Championship
All Senior leaders leaving in ignomy after collectively puking on their shoes in the first round
How fast can a proud program go to 2nd rate?
We're on the way to UNLV-land here.
:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes:
Thanks for the wisdom, Duhnise.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm always leary of new uber-recruits. The hype surrounding them is always unreal. I hate being like some mizzou puke, but they have to "show me" before I'll believe.

Dude I got a hard on when I was watching Chlamers play in the Mickey-D's game. And I'm not gay.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Dude I got a hard on when I was watching Chlamers play in the Mickey-D's game. And I'm not gay.

lol
Well I skipped that one, so unfortunately, I have to wait 'til next season. That is, if he doesn't bail for the NBA.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the wisdom, Duhnise.
Thanks for the panic attack duhberg.

CoMoChief
04-04-2005, 03:40 PM
That really does suck, the guy was good, but Self is terrible in deciding whos gonna be in that 8-9 man rotation. I thought they shouldve played Galindo instead of Giddens. Just like CJ Giles shouldve played more instead of Moody. Bill Self better get his damn act together. This is the 2nd straight year we lose a very good recruit due to a coaching problem. Last year it was Padgett, a solid big man who couldve helped us this year. Damn you Bill Self.

PS - Roy this year is yours baby, go win it all. Though I will never forgive you for your departure to UNC, but I guess I cant blame ya either, if that makes sense.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:42 PM
That really does suck, the guy was good, but Self is terrible in deciding whos gonna be in that 8-9 man rotation. I thought they shouldve played Galindo instead of Giddens. Just like CJ Giles shouldve played more instead of Moody. Bill Self better get his damn act together. This is the 2nd straight year we lose a very good recruit due to a coaching problem. Last year it was Padgett, a solid big man who couldve helped us this year. Damn you Bill Self.

PS - Roy this year is yours baby, go win it all. Though I will never forgive you for your departure to UNC, but I guess I cant blame ya either, if that makes sense.

I don't think Padgett left because of Bill Self...

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Padgett sucked.
Soft, wimpy, whiney. No coordination, no shot... no loss.

CoMoChief
04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't think Padgett left because of Bill Self...

Yeah he did actually because Padgett didnt like the offense nor did he think he was playin enough at the end of the year.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah he did actually because Padgett didnt like the offense nor did he think he was playin enough at the end of the year.

How is that Bill Self's fault? You want him to build a system around 1 player? Padgett was a whiny pussy, he was always whining how the fans gave him shit and nobody on campus appreciated him. Pffft, this is KU, not Bush league (i.e. MU), get the f*ck out, we won't miss you.

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the panic attack duhberg.
I'm not panicked, I'm resigned.

Tell me 'gain, George. Tell me 'bout the Jawhawks. Tell me how they're a'leet team.

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 03:47 PM

Have you ever managed people? If you want to be successful when you're transferred into a department you don't change your style to match what they've been doing, you change how they do things to match your style. I have to assume the same is true with coaching. Self knows how his team is going to play and it is most definately not Roy's style. Any leftover players are going to be pissed, but that's their issue, not Self's. If they have pro aspirations they need to get the f**k over it because no pro team is going to change their style for some rookie. They'll have to learn to adapt.

Keep bitching about Self while he continues to bring in class after class of top notch recruits that play his style. You know, the style that wins trophies. Does that man KU is going to win one? Of course not. Does that mean their odds will go up? Absolutely.

Roy's style requires 4 or 5 NBA draft picks to be successful week in, week out. How many times did KU run up and down, only to run straight into a team that could play D and they just couldn't stop them from scoring? He may have a shot this year, ironically it's with another coach's kids.

jcroft
04-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Padgett left because his Dad is almost as much of a whiny bitch as David.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Have you ever managed people? If you want to be successful when you're transferred into a department you don't change your style to match what they've been doing, you change how they do things to match your style. I have to assume the same is true with coaching. Self knows how his team is going to play and it is most definately not Roy's style. Any leftover players are going to be pissed, but that's their issue, not Self's. If they have pro aspirations they need to get the f**k over it because no pro team is going to change their style for some rookie. They'll have to learn to adapt.

Keep bitching about Self while he continues to bring in class after class of top notch recruits that play his style. You know, the style that wins trophies. Does that man KU is going to win one? Of course not. Does that mean their odds will go up? Absolutely.

Roy's style requires 4 or 5 NBA draft picks to be successful week in, week out. How many times did KU run up and down, only to run straight into a team that could play D and they just couldn't stop them from scoring? He may have a shot this year, ironically it's with another coach's kids.

Yeap.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Micah Downs=David Pageant. Write it down.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Thanks, we already know. Welcome to last week.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Heh, I called him "whiney", others called him "whiny"... so I went to <a href="http://www.dictionary.com">dictionary.com</a> to find the correct spelling - turns out <i>both</i> are correct.

DP was a whiney f@g, and so's his whiny father. :D

I hope Pitino makes him cry

CoMoChief
04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Thats the point, Self can recruit, he just cant coach.

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:56 PM

Oh, so that's what you meant. Yeah, good point. :rolleyes:

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
The man making millions of dollars a year to coach can't coach because he doesn't agree with the rotation plan of a guy who makes $0/yr to coach and wasn't at the practices or the team meetings.

Got it. :thumb:

HC_Chief

Riiiiiiiight.
:spock:

CoMoChief
At least Pitino runs a motion offense instead of this Hi-Low bullshit that only works in HS when the players are no bigger than 6-5. Having Moody give the ball down to Simien is NOT the way offense should be ran. Why not have the Big12's all time leading assist man give the ball to Simien.

Roy doesnt need 4-5 NBA prospects to be succesful. His system makes them that way. I dont think Hinrich or Gooden were MCD's All Americans, or Boschee or Pollard or Vaughn. They are all in the NBA now.

CoMoChief
04-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Roy wouldnt have lost to Bucknell either.

Pants
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
At least Pitino runs a motion offense instead of this Hi-Low bullshit that only works in HS when the players are no bigger than 6-5. Having Moody give the ball down to Simien is NOT the way offense should be ran. Why not have the Big12's all time leading assist man give the ball to Simien.

Roy doesnt need 4-5 NBA prospects to be succesful. His system makes them that way. I dont think Hinrich or Gooden were MCD's All Americans, or Boschee or Pollard or Vaughn. They are all in the NBA now.

Jeff Boschee plays for the KC Knights. Didn't know they entered the league. And so what if they weren't MCD's AA's (I'm sure some of them were, too lazy to check), they played at that level from the beginning (naturally they improved, but everyone does).

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks, we already know. Welcome to last week.
Welcome to this week, phaggot. Sidike Sidibe is going to rock your world. Vive la France!

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I have doubts about Selfs coaching ability as well. He refuses to make necessary adjustments.

I'm not going to say he can't coach though. He hasn't been in a situation long enough where he has his players in a system he installs.

Pants
Welcome to this week, phaggot. Sidike Sidibe is going to rock your world. Vive la France!

LOL, someone's a bit sensetive today.

HC_Chief
Jeff Boschee plays for the KC Knights. Didn't know they entered the league. And so what if they weren't MCD's AA's (I'm sure some of them were, too lazy to check), they played at that level from the beginning (naturally they improved, but everyone does).

Actually Boschee moved up in the world... plays for some team in Iceland (just lost their league championship, whatever the hell league is they have in Bjork-land)

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Roy's system does need that much talent to win 7 weeks in a row against the best teams in the country. You know, kind of like the NCAA Tournament he's never won.

PS, you think KU is going to have an off year, think about the Tarheels if they win. They'll probably lose 5 guys or more. Hopefully for Roy last year wasn't one of his off years in his every-other-year-recruiting philosophy.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
LOL, someone's a bit sensetive today.
Naw. It TIC. I'm ready for basketball season to be officially OVER, though.

Pants
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Naw. It TIC. I'm ready for basketball season to be officially OVER, though.

What does TIC stand for?

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
The thing with Roy is he has a system. A system can be defeated... ANY system. He is stubborn is sticking to said system. If Illinois plays solid D - forces UNC into a half-court offense, can grab rebounds, and takes good shots (unlike MSU did in the second half of Sat's game), they'll win.

I loved Roy's system... that offense was exciting. It just sucked when we'd run into a team playing good defense in the tourney.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah, and it sucked when the players would miss FREE THROWS! :grr:

CosmicPal
04-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I loved Roy's system... that offense was exciting. It just sucked when we'd run into a team playing good defense in the tourney.

That transition offense was killed every time it went up against a 2-3 zone.

Simplex3
... which is bound to happen once in the 7 games you have to win. His only chance is lots of NBA talent simply overpowering the other team.

Saulbadguy
What does TIC stand for?
Tongue in cheek.

HC_Chief
04-04-2005, 04:11 PM
That transition offense was killed every time it went up against a 2-3 zone.

2-3 only works if you get back in time. A team committed to playing D will wreak havoc on the transition offense. The way around that is to force it and hit your g'damned free throws.

WTF was up w/ KU being such a shitty FT team under Roy?

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Lack of discipline IMO.

CoMoChief
04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
The tarheels will be fine. They have 2-3 MCD AAs comin in and theyre already 7-8 deep of GOOD players.

CosmicPal
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM

I never quite understood that. But, I do recall one game during the March Madness tourney under Roy- the announcers were talking about how Roy took his players thru some free throw shooting drills, but it still didn't help.

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Are you saying that UNC's players would not be NBA talent without Roy? Because the suggestion that players like McCants wouldn't be NBA bound without Droopy Dog is ludicrous. And Padgett was a whiny bitch and I'm glad he took his ass and his meddling father to Louisville. Good riddance.

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 04:17 PM
The tarheels will be fine. They have 2-3 MCD AAs comin in and theyre already 7-8 deep of GOOD players.
And who's fault is the poor Junior/Senior class at KU?

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Everyone assumes they will all go pro...I don't think they all will. I think Sean May will stay and Felton will stay, I think McCants will go. Keep in mind they also have Marvin Williams coming back, and a couple of great recruits coming in.

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I'll miss Galindo. He talked liked Tony Montana. That always made me smile.

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Everyone assumes they will all go pro...I don't think they all will. I think Sean May will stay and Felton will stay, I think McCants will go. Keep in mind they also have Marvin Williams coming back, and a couple of great recruits coming in.
I think if May comes back he's a fool. How much better a year can he hope to have? As much as it hurt KU when Gooden left he wasn't going to have any seasons much better than the one he just had. Take the money and run, you can always go back to college with the millions you earn.

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I heard this weekend that a player has indicated he would like to come to KU if Galindo leaves and frees up a scholarship. I can't remember the name but I remember the guy was huge, like 6-8 290lb. or something around that. Can anyone help me out here?

Skip Towne
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Bill Self announced today that Galindo would transfer. He hasn't picked a school yet. I didn't like Padgett either. Too much like Chenowith. I do remember a shot he made for us though....it beat Missouri. Self and Huck went against each other twice while Huck was at KU. Self won both of them.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Bill Self announced today that Galindo would transfer. He hasn't picked a school yet. I didn't like Padgett either. Too much like Chenowith. I do remember a shot he made for us though....it beat Missouri. Self and Huck went against each other twice while Huck was at KU. Self won both of them.
The series split, IIRC. KU lost to the Illini in 2001. KU beat the Illini in 2002. Both were in the Sweet Sixteen.

teedubya
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM

do you spell it Pageant on purpose?

buddha
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM

Don't worry...nobody will mistake you as a Missouri fan!

You did make a good point about being leary of the uber recruits. How many of these "can't miss" prospects actually end up missing pretty badly?

The KU spin will be that Galindo couldn't defend the three or the four, so who needed him any way? The fact that he was clearly the best outside shooter on the team is quickly dismissed...the new guys are even BETTER!

We'll see...

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Chalmers, Downs, and Wright all have an outside shot...

heh heh...

EVERYONE at the mcdonald's all america game had an outside shot... seriously, I saw a f*cking guy close enough to the rim to DUNK, (he was like a few feet away) on a fast break, but HE F*CKING BACKED UP SO HE COULD SHOOT A 3

f*cking ridiculous

-EB-

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:24 PM
do you spell it Pageant on purpose?
Of course.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
OK..What..the..****!?

Kansas Says Farewell to Galindo
By Phog.net Staff (KUAC)
Date: Apr 4, 2005

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- University of Kansas freshman men's basketball player Alex Galindo will transfer from KU at the end of this semester, head coach Bill Self announced Monday.

"We enjoyed Alex this past year," Self said. "Losing his summer to a broken wrist, and over a month of preseason workouts due to a pulled groin, certainly slowed his development. We are very appreciative of Alex's efforts throughout the season we wish him nothing but success in his future endeavors."

"With Alex's departure, it does allow us to provide Christian Moody a scholarship for the upcoming year, which he richly deserves," Self added.

A 6-7 guard from Newark, N.J., Galindo played in 22 games last season with one start at Colorado on January 15. The Puerto Rico born Galindo averaged 4.3 points and 1.7 rebounds per game in 10.4 minutes per contest. He scored a career-high 14 points against Wisconsin-Milwaukee and made clutch three-point field goals for KU in victories against Georgia Tech and Texas A&M.

"I enjoyed my freshman year," Galindo said. "It had its ups and downs, but overall it was a learning experience. I wish Kansas and its fans nothing but success.

"I feel I need a change of scenery to get closer to home," Alex Galindo added. "I need a redshirt year to get stronger and to develop my game. At this time, my mind is still open to where I will go, but hopefully it will be resolved in the next few weeks."

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
WHY in the WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS would you give CHRISTIAN ****ING MOODY a scholarship when you could recruit a bangin JUCO PF?! WTF!?!?

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
that makes me gleeful

-EB-

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
WHY in the WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS would you give CHRISTIAN ****ING MOODY a scholarship when you could recruit a bangin JUCO PF?! WTF!?!?

I love Moody but I can't see Self doing this. If KU had two to give then yeah but use this one on a new guy. Sorry Christian but I hope its just lip service.

Simplex3
04-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I love Moody but I can't see Self doing this. If KU had two to give then yeah but use this one on a new guy. Sorry Christian but I hope its just lip service.
If I had to guess I'd say they're hoping he'll turn it down for the team. Love him or hate him you have to agree the dude is a class guy and a team player. As I hear it Moody has plenty of cash from his parents to pay for his school.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Thats unbelievable. If that goes through, that would be beyond stupid. I still can't believe it.

KChiefs1
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
What will KU's starting lineup look like next year? There will be no quality depth to speak of either. :cuss:

Looks like a Quin Snyder-type finish for KU this year. :banghead:

Man, the Big 12 is really going to suck next year... :(

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Looks like a Quin Snyder-type finish for KU this year. :banghead:

I don't think it will ever be that bad.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Man, the Big 12 is really going to suck next year... :(
How so? I only see KU and OSU losing alot...everyone else seems to improve.

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't think it will ever be that bad.
We already are.

KU is the MOST EMBARASSING story of NCAA BB 2004-2005. Face it.