PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you rather see win a championship?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
This may be a dumb question being that this is a Chiefs site, but I'm asking anyway.

If you could choose either the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl or the Royals winning the World Series, which would you choose?

I'd actually pick the Royals winning the WS for several reasons. I was a Royals fan long before I was a Chiefs fan and deep down I still love (and loath) them best. The Chiefs sucked when I was a kid and the Royals were good so I bonded with them much more and I miss those days more than anything. Plus I didn't really care about football as a kid.

Also, I think winning the World Series after a 162 game season and the playoffs is just a "bigger" accomplishment somehow. There's so much more time and games for something to go wrong and throw your season off kilter in baseball. So in the end I think I'd actually get more satisfaction out of a Royals championship than one for the Chiefs.....although both would be sahweeeeeeetttt....

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2005, 03:56 PM
I think I'd pick the Chiefs.

The Royals winning the World Series in 2005 would just make it year 96...

Pants
04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
OK, who voted Royals? Serioulsy, who the f*ck gives a shit about the Royals?

tk13
04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Considering the lack of a salary cap in baseball the Royals winning a WS would be a bigger accomplishment, I don't think that is an absurd statement at all. The NFL system is set up so that the Chiefs should have some success every so often. That said, this poll is like picking between two people you love, I don't think I could do it. I don't expect this poll to even be close though... :)

Logical
04-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I could care less if the Royals ever even win their division again. I predict a landslide for this poll.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
OK, who voted Royals? Serioulsy, who the f*ck gives a shit about the Royals?
Me.... like I explained in the thread starter genius.

Rain Man
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I have lost a lot of respect for beer me in the last two minutes. If I ever have a child, I think I will no longer consider the name beerme for them.

Logical
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Me.... like I explained in the thread starter genius.Even with your explanation I am still dumbfounded you picked the Royals. I don't know how anyone in KC can still give a flying f*ck about MLB.

Pants
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Even with your explanation I am still dumbfounded you picked the Royals. I don't know how anyone in KC can still give a flying f*ck about MLB.

ROFL

I totally agree.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Even with your explanation I am still dumbfounded you picked the Royals. I don't know how anyone in KC can still give a flying f*ck about MLB.
We all can't be Lakers/Notre Dame fans.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I of course voted the Chiefs. I like football more than baseball. I was also alive for the last Royals WS..although I don't remember it.

Actually, the only team in this area thats ever won a National Title since i've been in to sports (early 90's) is the Washburn Lady Blues (Last week....)

Calcountry
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
If it were between the Yankees and the Royals, it would be hands down for the Royals.

Royals v the A's, and well, thats where my rootin for KC stops.

Anybody but the A's and I would pull for the Royals, as I did back in the George Brett era. Sadly, the Royals haven't done anything since.

The Chiefs are my favorite football team hands down.

I guess I am like a Duck, the first team that imprinted on me is the one I stuck with for the rest of my life. My Dad took me to an A's game when I was 6 years old.

My relatives were in California on Christmas day, when the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins in 1971.

HolmeZz
04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Seeing as I'm a Met fan, I'll have to say the Chiefs.

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I was at a helluva party for the 1985 WS win now at 42 I'm just hoping to be able to experience a SB win while I still have a little party left in me.

tk13
04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Did you give up on the Chiefs in the 70's and 80's?

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Im would love for the Royals to win the WS. That would be an exciting time...

But I have put so much more into the Chiefs...to be able to share a Chiefs SB victory with my family and friends would be amazing.

Jenny Gump
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
This may be a dumb question being that this is a Chiefs site, but I'm asking anyway.

Well, looks like my trigonometry teacher Mrs. Jenkins was wrong. There are dumb questions.

Chiefs.

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I'd be happy with either team not sucking for a couple of years at this point and I'd definitely take a championship from either one. But with a gun to my head, I'd say Chiefs.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Are you kidding me? He is a UCLA Basketball/Notre Dame football/LA Lakers fan. He knows suffering.....ergg..

Hammock Parties
04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
The Royals can suck my dick.

Logical
04-04-2005, 07:13 PM

It is not about the Royals it is all about how much I hate MLB. The owners suck, the players suck, the contract between the two sucks, it is the most fan unfriendly structure in pro sports and that is saying a hell of a lot. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan in the AL I do not see why anyone bothers the sport is so lopsided in favoring those teams in those markets

Logical
04-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Are you kidding me? He is a UCLA Basketball/Notre Dame football/LA Lakers fan. He knows suffering.....ergg..ROFL, does make you wonder why I stayed a Chiefs fan. I guess I need to have some suffering to offset the positive.:p

Logical
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
By the way this poll is much closer than I expected it to be.:p

dtebbe
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I can actually remember the Royals playing in a World Series or two, therefore it's not even close.

Dammit Carl! :cuss: :cuss:

DT

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
I picked the Royals, because it's far less likely to happen.

HolmeZz
04-04-2005, 10:53 PM
The Royals have a better chance of winning the World Series than they did of winning this poll. :p

Hammock Parties
04-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Notre Dame has sucked for awhile now, Vlad, what do you think about that?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
It's called team loyalty. It's something that happens when you grow up with a particular team. You tend to be a fan no matter how bad they are. I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 08:26 AM
ROFL

I totally agree.
So you admit to being Vlad's little dog...?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm sure that was different for him. His arguements don't apply to him, only to others.

siberian khatru
04-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Easy. Chiefs.

I've experienced lots of great winning moments with the Royals, even though they are in the distant past. Brett's homer off Gossage in 80 is still the ultimate for me, and the WS victory is still a vivid memory.

I don't remember the Chiefs SB victory (wasn't following sports in 1969-70, when I was 3). All I have from them is two decades of horrible football, followed by a decade of postseason frustration. I'm ready to celebrate.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 08:32 AM
It is not about the Royals it is all about how much I hate MLB. The owners suck, the players suck, the contract between the two sucks, it is the most fan unfriendly structure in pro sports and that is saying a hell of a lot. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan in the AL I do not see why anyone bothers the sport is so lopsided in favoring those teams in those markets
:hmmm: Seems the Angels have won a WS in the last few years... even the lowly Diamondbacks... over the Yankees even...... I'll bet the Twins think they have a chance too.

DaKCMan AP
04-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Baseball is last on my list of sports I follow behind football, college football, college basketball, and nba.

Figures that I have yet to see the Chiefs, Gators (I didn't really follow in 1996), Jayhawks or Miami Heat win a championship but I've seen the Marlins win 2 world series, being at the 1997 games 6 and 7. :banghead:

Mark M
04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
The Chiefs.

I've already seen the Royals win a championship.

MM
~~:arrow:

oldandslow
04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Seeing as I'm a Met fan, I'll have to say the Chiefs.

I betcha' wish they had spent some of that FA money last winter on a relief pitcher!!!

Tough loss yesterday.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 10:01 AM
There's the Chiefs, and then there's everything else. I'd trade every championship every other team I've ever rooted for to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl.

SCTrojan
04-05-2005, 10:01 AM
The Chiefs.

I've already seen the Royals win a championship.

MM
~~:arrow:

Yep. Although I was alive when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, didn't live in the Midwest until I was 10. Saw Royals win a World Series. Saw USC win a national championship. If the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, I'll never ask God for another sports-related favor. Well, probably not.

King_Chief_Fan
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
ph*ck baseball. The sport has been ruined by a strike a few years back.

Don't give 2 flying rats behind about it..... However, good luck to the Royals.

StcChief
04-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Chiefs no brainer.

No AAA teams to world series.

HolmeZz
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
I betcha' wish they had spent some of that FA money last winter on a relief pitcher!!!

Tough loss yesterday.

Very tough loss, but Looper was going to be our closer no matter what we did in the off-season. What we really needed were pitchers to get the game to Looper; ironically those guys pitched well yesterday and Looper found a way to blow it.

beavis
04-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Did you give up on the Chiefs in the 70's and 80's and 90's?
Fixed your post for you.

Lzen
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Chiefs definitely. Baseball is boring.

Nightfyre
04-05-2005, 12:29 PM
ijust like the story of a YOUNG 37 million dollar team taking out the yankees.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Hahaha. The "lowly" Diamondbacks? Do you have any idea what their payroll was that year?
Wasn't reffering to the payroll....just the amount of success they've had. They are usually one of the worst teams in the league.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm actually impressed that the Royals have 5 votes...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Dude, that was their FOURTH year of existence. I think they even had a division championship or two prior to that year (I'm not up on my D'Backs history). Yes, last year they sucked even worse than the Royals, but that's because they mortgaged their future to buy that WS.
Geez SORRY I offended you calling a usually bad team lowly. What was I thinking....The DBacks are the greatest team EEEVVVVVVAAAARRRRR!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm not offended, it's just a ridiculous statement. I'm merely pointing that out.
Thank you.

I was wrong about the Diamondbacks everyone... being worse than the Royals last year...(a year in which the Royals had their worst season to date) does NOT make them "lowly." In fact they may be the savior of baseball as a whole and should automatically be granted a trip to the playoffs each year in celebration of their truly amazing abilities. ALL HAIL THE DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!! THE POPE OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!!!!!!!

better.....?

:p

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:53 PM
The Diamondbacks of last year and the Diamondbacks of 2001 are two very different teams. You haven't actually read a single word I've written, have you?
You talkin' to me......?

(just having fun man)

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Goshdamnit, baseball is not about fun!
Especially if you're a Royals (or Diamondbacks) fan.....

:)

bkkcoh
04-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Really tough call on that. The only reason I chose the Royals is because of how out of whack MLB is with the differences in the payrolls. I would love to the few million dollar pay-rolled Royals beat the 200+ million Yankees for the AL pennant and then beat who ever has the highest payroll in the NL for the WS. But I am pretty sure that aint gonna happen.

I think the Chiefs will be closer to winning it all for a heck of a lot longer than the Royals will dream of...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Really tough call on that. The only reason I chose the Royals is because of how out of whack MLB is with the differences in the payrolls. I would love to the few million dollar pay-rolled Royals beat the 200+ million Yankees for the AL pennant and then beat who ever has the highest payroll in the NL for the WS. But I am pretty sure that aint gonna happen.

I think the Chiefs will be closer to winning it all for a heck of a lot longer than the Royals will dream of...
Agreed.

I know it's not gonna happen for the Royals...but that isn't the question I was asking as a few people seem to think.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Now that one hurts.
hey, I was an equal opportunity basher at least....

:thumb:

CoMoChief
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Dont get me wrong I am a huge Chiefs fan. I would want a Chiefs SB more than a Royals WS anyday. But doesnt anyone think that with the roster and guys we have this season on the Royals would make a great underdog cinderella type storyline for the ages? It would be like the movie Major League with Bob Ueker (god I love that guy). But like Id said before Chiefs SB would be more exciting and more fun considering KC to be a football town. St Louis on the other hand, see this is why I hate the fans of St Louis with a passion. They think they know everything about football because they have won a SB recently. But I keep asking all of them who did they root for in 93,94 season? None of them can tell me an answer. KC=football.....STL=baseball.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Dont get me wrong I am a huge Chiefs fan. I would want a Chiefs SB more than a Royals WS anyday. But doesnt anyone think that with the roster and guys we have this season on the Royals would make a great underdog cinderella type storyline for the ages? It would be like the movie Major League with Bob Ueker (god I love that guy). But like Id said before Chiefs SB would be more exciting and more fun considering KC to be a football town. St Louis on the other hand, see this is why I hate the fans of St Louis with a passion. They think they know everything about football because they have won a SB recently. But I keep asking all of them who did they root for in 93,94 season? None of them can tell me an answer. KC=football.....STL=baseball.
Folks in St. Louis aren't football fans, they're Rams fans.

Spott
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Definitely the Chiefs. Who are the Royals?

jarjar
04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
This one was easy for me because baseball just sucks.
When you guys were posting about the Royals opener yesterday I decided to turn it on and give it a try... what a yawn fest.

whoman69
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Just because you're a Chiefs fan, doesn't mean you even root for the Royals. The Royals will not win a WS until something is done with the organization to allow it to better compete like Oakland or Minnesota, or baseball levels the playing field. Neither is happening this year and neither is a Royals WS.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Just because you're a Chiefs fan, doesn't mean you even root for the Royals.
I realize that but there are a lot of Royals fans on here as well so I just thought I'd do a little research. Royalsplanet.com just isn't as.... exsistant.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 02:25 PM
83-6.

It's like a replay of yesterdays game.