PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Skip, Lucky You!

KCWolfman
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Do you sit on my side and root for the Big Ten tonight, or do you pull for Roy and his buddies?

Someone check the phones to make sure the suicide hotline is available for Skip Towne.

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I need to find a place to enjoy the game tonight...

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
What? You aren't rooting for Sean May? bwah hah.

KCWolfman
04-04-2005, 04:41 PM
What? You aren't rooting for Sean May? bwah hah.
He asked while trying to keep Galindo.

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I need to find a place to enjoy the game tonight...

whilst downing a few cold PBR's ;)

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 04:45 PM
oh shit no... :)

I can't handle that stuff...Some Blue Moon will do me fine.

I may go the Absolute and Cranberry route tonight.

Braincase
04-04-2005, 05:01 PM
To root for the guys Slef recruited, or to root for the guys Dougherty recruited, got pissy and mutinied?

I think I'm leaning towards Illinois. I'll pull for Roy after KU wins another National Championship.

CosmicPal
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
To root for the guys Slef recruited, or to root for the guys Dougherty recruited, got pissy and mutinied?

I think I'm leaning towards Illinois. I'll pull for Roy after KU wins another National Championship.

Precisely my feelings. I'm rooting for Illinois. When KU wins another championship, then I might be rooting for Roy and his boys.

Maybe next season, we'll see a KU-NC final. That would be interesting...

Braincase
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Precisely my feelings. I'm rooting for Illinois. When KU wins another championship, then I might be rooting for Roy and his boys.

Maybe next season, we'll see a KU-NC final. That would be interesting...

The players at UNC put all this stuff in motion. "Coach D YELLED at me. I can't deal with that kind of disrespect!"

Yeah.. screw you, you whiney bitch. I hope Illinois runs UNC off the court.

KCWolfman
04-04-2005, 05:16 PM
The players at UNC put all this stuff in motion. "Coach D YELLED at me. I can't deal with that kind of disrespect!"

Yeah.. screw you, you whiney bitch. I hope Illinois runs UNC off the court.
Daugherty should have had balls to deal with the situation.

Braincase
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM

He did. Dean Smith didn't.

KCWolfman
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
He did. Dean Smith didn't.
Walking away is not having balls when dealing with teenagers. He should have been benching and showing the kids the errs of their ways, so to speak. He was bound to lose if he did nothing (which is what happened), he could have at least gone down a man and standing his ground against a bunch of kids.

Braincase
04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Walking away is not having balls when dealing with teenagers.

Silly me. I though the players revolted, threatened to transfer, and Dean and Garry gave in to the players and their mommies and daddies and forced Matt to resign. I didn't realize Matt just up and quit.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2005, 05:24 PM
He asked while trying to keep Galindo.
Galindo's dad didn't play for KU, let alone help win a National title for them. :p

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:25 PM

Yep. But I'm pullin' for Roy too, tonight. I didn't like the way he left, but he's a classy guy.

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM

heh heh... got a long wait?? grab a snickers

-EB-

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
All I say is GO UNC

CosmicPal
04-04-2005, 05:30 PM

Somebody want to explain to me why PBR is so damn popular with the young twenty-something's nowadays? I can't seem to go to a bar anymore w/out seeing some azzjack buying a PBR- seriously, one of the nastiest beers around.

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Somebody want to explain to me why PBR is so damn popular with the young twenty-something's nowadays? I can't seem to go to a bar anymore w/out seeing some azzjack buying a PBR- seriously, one of the nastiest beers around.
$ < $$$

Logical
04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I really could give two shits about which team wins, but I want UNC to win to hear all the KU folks on the BB whine like KU was somehow losing because UNC wins.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
$ < $$$

No doubt.

As a college kid, I'd buy a six of Mich or Becks to start with, then I'd buy a 12 of something like Busch light or Keystone...start with a couple of the good ones, and transition to the Cheap crap once the palate was gone.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I really could give two shits about which team wins, but I want UNC to win to hear all the KU folks on the BB whine like KU was somehow losing because UNC wins.

I'm a KU fan. I'm pullin' for Roy. I've read numberous other Jayhawk fans who are also. :shrug:

Logical
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Yep. But I'm pullin' for Roy too, tonight. I didn't like the way he left, but he's a classy guy.What about the way he left was different than the way any division 1 head BB coach changes schools?

Guess I missed it.

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
No doubt.

As a college kid, I'd buy a six of Mich or Becks to start with, then I'd buy a 12 of something like Busch light or Keystone...start with a couple of the good ones, and transition to the Cheap crap once the palate was gone.
Ya, I don't drink as much as most so when I do I dont get the cheap stuff.

Logical
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm a KU fan. I'm pullin' for Roy. I've read numberous other Jayhawk fans who are also. :shrug:

Yeah, I should of said some, not all. My bad.

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:45 PM
$ < $$$

It's not even that, a lot of places charge a normal beer price for it.

Just the new thing to try and look trendy even though it tastes like goat piss, tailor made for the Heineken set...

Skip Towne
04-04-2005, 05:46 PM
No, Russ, lucky YOU. I'm going to sit on your side tonight and root for the kids Self recruited. If Roy wins tonight using somebody elses players when he couldn't do it with his own in all those years, what does that say about him? I always thought Roy was a better recruiter than he was a bench coach. Maybe I had it backward.

|Zach|
It's not even that, a lot of places charge a normal beer price for it.

Just the new thing to try and look trendy even though it tastes like goat piss, tailor made for the Heineken set...
:hmmm: Bleh

Eleazar
I think it became popular 'bout the same time as the trucker hat. Some sort of weird overpaying to look like WT phenomenon.

Speaking of white trash... when I was back in KC I kept hearing radio ads for a new country-western nightclub called Whiskey Tango. Just thinking about that makes me laugh my ass off.

How about Mustang Sally's or Denim and Diamonds?

Nzoner
Yeah, screw PBR. It's all about the Schlitz.

At the Mellencamp concert last Friday in Omaha they had a beer stand selling large PBR,Schlitz,Old Style and 2 other brands I can't recall at $5 per.The line was unbelieveable and all I could think was you gotta be fockin' kiddin' me.

Mr. Kotter
What about the way he left was different than the way any division 1 head BB coach changes schools?

Guess I missed it.

Eh, the flip-flopin', the ugly dispute with the AD, the "promise" to stay that he renegged on, the whole secretive nature of it....until it broke.

I understand you may think that's the norm for some--it is; it wasn't supposed to be that way with Roy...he was/is better than that. If you wanna go fine....but be upfront about it. I still like Roy a lot; I'll be a "Tar Heel" tonight. :thumb:

Braincase
heh heh... got a long wait?? grab a snickers

-EB-

I'll bet you a Snickers that KU is back in the FInal Four before Mizzou gets there for the first time.

(crickets)

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I just went straight to the cheap shit.

High Life
Icehouse
Red Dog
Keystone Lite
Busch Lite
Natural Lite

Icehouse and Red Dog were favs of mine too; actually, I USUALLY bought those for most of my "twenties." :thumb:

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Dude... those don't compare to Whiskey f*ckin' Tango. They're outright calling their club white trash. The idea f*ckin' kills me.

I dunno, living around here has kind of desensitized me to white trash. It takes a lot to shock me anymore.

I was in a bar once here where they had a 'dress code', and that was that you had to wear sleeves on the weekends. No BS. It had some nascar theme but I can't remember the name of it...

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll bet you a Snickers that KU is back in the FInal Four before Mizzou gets there for the first time.

(crickets)

ROFL

amazing, a KU fan hears something that only slightly looked like an insult to their team (merely banter that I found funny), and they break out the mu/ku affair

geesh, dude... lighten up a bit--

and sure, why the f*ck not... you're on

-EB-

Skip Towne
04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Dude... those don't compare to Whiskey f*ckin' Tango. They're outright calling their club white trash. The idea f*ckin' kills me.
I don't know if this matters but Whiskey is used in the phonetic alphabet for "W" and Tango for "T". Maybe it's a play on the owners names using the phonetic alphabet.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't know if this matters but Whiskey is used in the phonetic alphabet for "W" and Tango for "T". Maybe it's a play on the owners names using the phonetic alphabet.

Maybe the owner was a Signal Corp guy from his Army days.... :hmmm:

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
ROFL

amazing, a KU fan hears something that only slightly looked like an insult to their team (merely banter that I found funny), and they break out the mu/ku affair

-EB-

Yep, out comes the usual diversionary smack.

Saulbadguy
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

Logical
Eh, the flip-flopin', the ugly dispute with the AD, the "promise" to stay that he renegged on, the whole secretive nature of it....until it broke.

I understand you may think that's the norm for some--it is; it wasn't supposed to be that way with Roy...he was/is better than that. If you wanna go fine....but be upfront about it. I still like Roy a lot; I'll be a "Tar Heel" tonight. :thumb:

Truthfully of all that the only thing I knew about was the promise to stay, which is pretty much a standard practice when recruiting. Since you are a KU fan I will assume you are presenting what you saw happen. As a UCLA BB fan first and foremost I don't pay much attention to KU.

Saulbadguy
Yep, out comes the usual diversionary smack.
Shut up, MUron.

|Zach|
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Eagle River?

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
I understand the phonetic alphabet thing. That's how you get to Whiskey Tango being another way to say white trash to begin with...

white trash -> wt -> whiskey tango

Out of curriosity: do you differentiate between rednecks, white trash, and blue-collar types? :hmmm:

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Shut up, MUron.

Sweet, they're just getting to the part about what great fans they are and how the MU fans are the poor sports ROFL

Ebolapox
diversionary smack, and the classic "sand in the vagina" disorder

on the next maury povich

-EB-

Saulbadguy
You shut up, Skip Jr.
That was harsh. I'm giving up, now.

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
heh heh... this thread could turn very funny very quickly

-EB-

|Zach|
Sweet, they're just getting to the part about what great fans they are and how the MU fans are the poor sports ROFL
And KU never compares their program to MU after they do not meet expectations.

Saulbadguy
Out of curriosity: do you differentiate between rednecks, white trash, and blue-collar types? :hmmm:
When I say redneck, it usually means white trash. "Blue collar types" are different. A blue collar type will actually finish a project he starts in his front yard, a redneck won't.

Bwana
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM

One of the nastiest? That PBR swill is the worst by a long shot. It tastes like someone took a piss in a cup, cooled it down and stuck it on tap. :shake: Why anyone would drink that crap eludes me.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Truthfully of all that the only thing I knew about was the promise to stay, which is pretty much a standard practice when recruiting. Since you are a KU fan I will assume you are presenting what you saw happen. As a UCLA BB fan first and foremost I don't pay much attention to KU.

Understand. Roy's "promise" though was very public, he rejected NC after Dean left (no way he leaves NOW!), and seemed very heartfelt for a sincere and classy guy....

Larry Brown "promising" to stay, yeah....heh, that's one thing; Roy's promise just seemed real is all. So it was akin to finding our your Dad had lied to you about somethin' really important as a kid....to many KU fans.

UCLA seems to be slowly makin' it's way back; who's their coach these days....I hate to admit I don't know.... :hmmm:

Skip Towne
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
You shut up, Skip Jr.
Hey, them's fightin' words.

chiefs4me
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
GO TARHEEL'S.......PBJ

Ebolapox
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
ROFL :LMAO:

on the banner ad while the screen was loading, the following appeared:

"SELF ESTEEM FOR WOMEN"

Trusted experts delivering focused, practical solutions in minutes

that's classic/appropriate

-EB-

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 06:05 PM

A redneck is just someone with a rural mentality. They probably like big pickups and hunting and fishing and nascar and country music.

White trash is found in all areas. There is plenty of white trash within the city limits. They would be prone to being unemployed, use methamphetamines, abuse their spouses, etc. A redneck woman would be at home in the kitchen with her kids, a white trash woman is the prostitute you see getting picked up on COPS. While a redneck takes pride in his wranglers and shining his belt buckle, etc., white trash would be more prone to appear unwashed or in public in a wife-beater and cutoff jean shorts. Rednecks don't wear cutoff shorts. Rednecks don't need no stinking shorts.

Mr. Kotter
When I say redneck, it usually means white trash. "Blue collar types" are different. A blue collar type will actually finish a project he starts in his front yard, a redneck won't.

That's not bad....heh.

I started out white trash, and became a blue collar working class guy.

I've been a "redneck" (by Foxworthy's definition) my entire life: "a glorious absence of sophistication." :thumb:

Nzoner

I know I do,since I'm now married to a nascar fan.

Sure-Oz
Go NC, its better for my bracket hah

Skip Towne
04-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Understand. Roy's "promise" though was very public, he rejected NC after Dean left (no way he leaves NOW!), and seemed very heartfelt for a sincere and classy guy....

Larry Brown "promising" to stay, yeah....heh, that's one thing; Roy's promise just seemed real is all. So it was akin to finding our your Dad had lied to you about somethin' really important as a kid....to many KU fans.

UCLA seems to be slowly makin' it's way back; who's their coach these days....I hate to admit I don't know.... :hmmm:
Larry Brown never promised to stay at KU. He is a nomad and everybody knew it. After his first year Larry quipped that everybody was skeptical he would stay. But I've already been here four seasons, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Dude, you're so wrong. I've had worse. Much worse. Believe me, it's out there to be found.

I can't remember the name of the shit I'm thinking of... but, let me explain how bad it was. I have two buddies that are really heavy drinkers. Heavier than me. Few years back they were renting a house together. If a twelver of something drinkable somehow showed up in that house, it wouldn't last an hour. They bought a twelver of some shit that was super cheap at the Safeway. I think it cost 'em like 3 or 4 bucks. This shit was so bad that twelver sat in a house occupied by full time drunks for weeks on end. I don't even know if it ever got finished... they may have just thrown it out. I mean one of these guys... if you leave a beer out and pass out, he'll take that warm flat half full beer the next day, stick it in the fridge for a while to chill... and drink it down like it's brand new. He could barely choke this shit down. It made PBR seem like the nectar of the gods by comparison.

The only shit I've ever tried that nasty was called Buckhorn.

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
The only shit I've ever tried that nasty was called Buckhorn.

Pearl and Olympia compare IMO...

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Larry Brown never promised to stay at KU. He is a nomad and everybody knew it. After his first year Larry quipped that everybody was skeptical he would stay. But I've already been here four seasons, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.

You are right...I was only comparing the two coaches, IF Larry had made the "promise" and broken it....no one would have been surprised. It woulda been like, "DUH!"

Bwana
04-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Dude, you're so wrong. I've had worse. Much worse. Believe me, it's out there to be found.

I can't remember the name of the shit I'm thinking of... but, let me explain how bad it was. I have two buddies that are really heavy drinkers. Heavier than me. Few years back they were renting a house together. If a twelver of something drinkable somehow showed up in that house, it wouldn't last an hour. They bought a twelver of some shit that was super cheap at the Safeway. I think it cost 'em like 3 or 4 bucks. This shit was so bad that twelver sat in a house occupied by full time drunks for weeks on end. I don't even know if it ever got finished... they may have just thrown it out. I mean one of these guys... if you leave a beer out and pass out, he'll take that warm flat half full beer the next day, stick it in the fridge for a while to chill... and drink it down like it's brand new. He could barely choke this shit down. It made PBR seem like the nectar of the gods by comparison.

Good Gawd! ROFL The only thing that I have ever had that was worse was soem swill called Brown Derby. I don't even know if they still make the chit (I sure as hell hope not) but it would knock the hair off you nut sack and take the paint off your car. Man that stuff was bad! When other brands were going for $3 a six, they had the Derby for 75 cents a six.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:13 PM

Olympia, man I'd forgotten about that nasty chit....

I once tried the white label generic "Beer".....THAT was nasty.

Nzoner

I forgot about Olympia,had a frat brother in college used to buy that crap,he wakes one morning to find he has no milk and pours a bottle of it on his corn flakes.

Also reminds me of a brewery we had here called Goetz,when I was in school it was 99 cents a 6-pack.

Braincase
ROFL

-EB-

I'm OK. I get a little hot under collar sometimes... but this doesn't rate another "I'm leaving" thread.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I wish I could remember the name of that swill. I should find their brewery and firebomb it for the good of beer drinkers everywhere.

I had friends who actually LIKED "Lone Star"....I choked down more than a few bottles of that. :shake:

Bwana
04-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Wow. Six beers for under a buck. At a price like that you have to give a try just once.

Once indeed!!

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
What's the name of that crap that comes in the camoflauge can? Now THAT is disgusting.

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 06:19 PM

You know that's where the saying about just renting it got started.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I've never found that. Someday I hope to. I don't think my life will be complete if I don't down a sixer of "Beer" just once.

If I ever make it to another CP function, I'll bring one for you. The only stipulation I'd like to make....you have to drink all six. Heh. Deal? :hmmm:

I've even seen 'em in "Fourties"

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Lone Star's not that bad. I had a few when I was in Austin a couple years back.

I honestly think they updated the brew recipe after the 80s though...I've heard it's okay these days.

Maybe they updated the recipe along with the release of "Urban Cowboy"....it was all anyone drank for a while, until it was replaced by Corona.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
You know that's where the saying about just renting it got started.

No kiddin' ROFL

Eleazar
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
I honestly think they updated the brew recipe after the 80s though...I've heard it's okay these days.

Maybe they updated the recipe along with the release of "Urban Cowboy"....it was all anyone drank for a while, until it was replaced by Corona.

I had a couple Lone Stars a summer or two ago. They weren't that bad.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
What's the name of that crap that comes in the camoflauge can? Now THAT is disgusting.

I've seen that too....I don't remember.

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I think you underestimate my taste for cheap beer.

I'm still trying to comprehend that you got 2 buddies that are heavier drinkers than you.

chiefs4me
04-04-2005, 06:27 PM

ROFL.....I have had that beer before. Big black letters that say nothing but beer and white can. This was 20 years ago though and we used to get it at those big super market warehouses. No matter how cold you got that crap, it was crap.

CosmicPal
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM

Schmidt's ???

Schmidt's used to do all of kinds of different beer cans.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm still trying to comprehend that you got 2 buddies that are heavier drinkers than you.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Actually, they are "experiments" for ASU's anatomy class.....self-embalming....heh.

Logical
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
UCLA seems to be slowly makin' it's way back; who's their coach these days....I hate to admit I don't know.... :hmmm:Ben Howland, but truthfully he has been a pretty big disappointment. He led Pitt to a 28-5 NO 4 finish the year before he took the job at UCLA and the recruits he inherited were not trash. If he does not perform next year or at most in 2 years I expect he will get the boot.

PastorMikH
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM

He probably means they weigh more than him.:)

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I mean, seriously, we go back to Rolla once a year to beat the shit out of each other with mops. You think sober people come up with this shit?

Seriously,I have almost 20 years on you,my comprehension levels and/or brain cells are not what they used to be.

btw,I must've missed the mop story,what the hell is that about?

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2005, 06:40 PM
... You think sober people come up with this shit?

Nor do they "walk" 3 miles to the dorm from downtown because they are too drunk, leave a "night deposit" at the local bank, walk over the top of a frat boys Corvette because he took up two spaces in the lot, steal a check out of checkbook in a parked car....piss in the car...and then order a "Dominoes" pizza with the check, courtesy of Vance "Somebody or other."

A very bad night....for whomever the slime was that did THAT. :shake:

KCWolfman
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Silly me. I though the players revolted, threatened to transfer, and Dean and Garry gave in to the players and their mommies and daddies and forced Matt to resign. I didn't realize Matt just up and quit.
Silly indeed that you would believe it happened all in one moment and Daugherty didn't slowly lose control of a situation he could have handled easily before it reached the point of "revolt".

Nzoner
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
One of the traditions of St. Pat's at UMR. Alumni of the St. Pat's Board stay up all night Friday night drinking and on Saturday morning paint Pine Street green for the parade. Our tools for greening the street are mops. Though, the mops don't only get used on the street... they frequently slap alumni upside the head. So, by the end of the process everybody's pretty green... pretty well beaten... probably swallowed some lime... possibly temporarily blind... and we just wander into the Grotto for more beers.

Good times.

heh,you have to think with some of the frat boy stories we have here we could easily write our own script and give Animal House a helluva run.

Fairplay
04-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't remember some of my best ones. One of my favorite things about going back to Rolla for Pat's every year is having people tell me stories about shit I did that I have absolutely no recollection of whatsoever.

I have tons of stories for you then Endelt.

keg in kc
04-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about a new denture cream or maybe a free Depends give-away.

Bwana
04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Haha... yeah. You kinda know what you're getting yourself into when you buy beer that cheap. But, at a price like that how can you pass it up? I'm sure at some point in every purchase of that shit the sentence, "C'mon... how bad could it really be?" gets uttered.

I think that was the same night I said some like, "hold my beer and watch this!" (just before the large explosion) Nothing good can happen from drinking Brown Derby or after those words have been spoken. :(

Braincase
04-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Silly indeed that you would believe it happened all in one moment and Daugherty didn't slowly lose control of a situation he could have handled easily before it reached the point of "revolt".

I'm sure you saw the writing on the wall when they hired him.