PDA

View Full Version : 7 round Chiefs mock draft

eazyb81
04-05-2005, 05:17 PM
The following picks are based on the assumption that the Chiefs will trade their 2nd round pick for Patrick Surtain. Also, I have removed the 5th round pick that we traded for Carlos Hall.

1. CB - Carlos Rogers
3. DT - Jonathan Babineaux
4. WR - Craphonso Thorpe
5. DE - Tyler King
5. OG - Claude Terrell
6. LB - Roger Cooper
6. QB - Gino Giudugli
7. OT - Calvin Armstrong
7. RB - Damien Nash

Thoughts?

LiL stumppy
04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I thought we tradednext years 5th for Rodgers

LiL stumppy
04-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Nvm,I'm still confused with the whole 2005 thing.

CosmicPal
04-05-2005, 05:57 PM
1. CB - Carlos Rogers

Yes. I like this pick.

3. DT - Jonathan Babineaux

NO. Undersized and is a liability vs. the run. We need run-stuffers in the middle. But, more importantly- no more DTs in the draft for gawd's sake.

4. WR - Craphonso Thorpe

Yes. Excellent choice if he should still be available in the third round which is a possibility.

5. DE - Tyler King

He has good upside and is a bit of a sleeper. But like JB- he's not good vs. the run.

OG - Claude Terrell

Slow as a snail, but he's very strong and has a wicked temper. Would not work very well in our system for he would need speed in order to get out and help block.

6. LB - Roger Cooper

Couldn't tell you...He's ranked around 19 in this years draft for the LB's. If Beck is still available, and it may be that he is- I'd take him. I'd rather we take Jordon Beck in the fifth round where he should still be available. Beck would be a sweet addition in the fifth round.

Don't know Gino or the other guy, but RB - Damien Nash

Would be a nice pick-up. I think he could be that third RB coming out of the backfield and picking up short passes. He could be a sleeper should he fall to us then. I like him for your last pick.

DTLB58
04-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I like Jonathan Babineaux but I don't think he will last till the 3rd, especially at the end of the 3rd where our comp pick is.

eazyb81
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
The reason I went with Babineaux is because I thought he would be a good sub for Ryan Sims and fill in well as an 1 gap DT that could get in the backfield. We already drafted Siavii last year as our 2 gapper, so I thought he may be a good compliment to him, and if he played well he could start next year if we lose Sims.

I went with Claude Terrell in the 5th mainly because of his versatility. He can play either guard or tackle, but it is still up for debate if he can play either one of them well in the pros.

Thanks for the comments guys.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I would tend to lean away from drafting any player whose name has any derivative of "Crap" in it.

Valiant
04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
4. WR - Craphonso Thorpe

Hell no, you can keep this turd off of my team...

eazyb81
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
4. WR - Craphonso Thorpe

Hell no, you can keep this turd off of my team...

Why? Do you not like his style of play, or do you think he is trouble? Personally I think he would be a great fit for our offense.

J Diddy
04-05-2005, 08:22 PM
There is a player whose name is actually craphonso. I would get to the nfl and disown my parents for naming me this.

eazyb81
04-05-2005, 08:28 PM
There is a player whose name is actually craphonso. I would get to the nfl and disown my parents for naming me this.

....maybe I should have just picked a different receiver in my mock draft...

:banghead:

Valiant
04-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Why? Do you not like his style of play, or do you think he is trouble? Personally I think he would be a great fit for our offense.

I am sure he is a fine player.. But i do not want any crap on my team...

Valiant
04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I will say though.. I met a guy today with a last name of..

Gerleman... I was laughing my ass off...

Ger'le'man... classic...felt sorry for hte guy...