PDA

View Full Version : A Horror Movie All Planeteers MUST See!

Braincase
04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Death Tunnel!

From imdb.com...

Plot Summary for
Death Tunnel (2005)
Movie is based on the True Stories and Hauntings of Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky. This horrific Five story structure is listed as one of the Top Ten Scariest Places on Earth, due to the 63,000+ deaths within this monument of Terror. They were then carried through the massive Five hundred foot underground Tunnel to their final resting place. The story involves Five girls on a college initiation, dared to spend the night separately on the Five floors of this sanatorium, with the Five ghosts that exist within it's abandoned corridors. Will they make it through the night? For the only way out is through...the Death Tunnel.

There is a ChiefsPlanet connection... anybody care to speculate? Hmmmm?

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Headsnap?

Pants
04-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Assylums freak me out. I hate them.

Braincase
04-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Headsnap?

Who?

:clap:

Chieficus
Death Tunnel!

From imdb.com...

Plot Summary for
Death Tunnel (2005)
Movie is based on the True Stories and Hauntings of Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky. This horrific Five story structure is listed as one of the Top Ten Scariest Places on Earth, due to the 63,000+ deaths within this monument of Terror. They were then carried through the massive Five hundred foot underground Tunnel to their final resting place. The story involves Five girls on a college initiation, dared to spend the night separately on the Five floors of this sanatorium, with the Five ghosts that exist within it's abandoned corridors. Will they make it through the night? For the only way out is through...the Death Tunnel.

Don't care to speculate, no...

But I remember watching some guy named "Windwalker" on Louisville's public access TV here recently who had gotten permission to go out to that place with a camera. He would point the camera at the windows and talk about how he saw a person standing there, then he would start talking to the person. Of course, he qualified it with: "I don't know if you can see it, but there's an entity waving at me. What? Do you want to say something to the people?" Then he proceeded to talk to "it."

A friend and I were watching, and we just started laughing at the sorry display... towards the end something scary did appear on camera--his wife... she looked like a freakin' troll.

Braincase
Assylums freak me out. I hate them.

We're glad your treatment went well.

Rain Man
04-06-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm a little surprised that it's not rated in the Top Five Scariest Places on Earth.

dilligaf
04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Wasnt that place also on MTVs show where they would take college kids and make them stay at haunted places. Cant remember the name, but that was a cool show. :thumb:

Bob Dole
04-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Death Tunnel!

From imdb.com...

Plot Summary for
Death Tunnel (2005)

The 63,000+ dead were all huge fans of Rich Scanlon?

Chieficus
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
The 63,000+ dead were all huge fans of Rich Scanlon?

A mass suicide when they heard that he wasn't going to be the Chief's starting LB...

bloomer88
04-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Wasnt that place also on MTVs show where they would take college kids and make them stay at haunted places. Cant remember the name, but that was a cool show. :thumb:

Fear. It was a cool idea, but I lost interest in it after awhile. Everything was staged too much. Plus, nothing ever happened. Just these kids hearing things and freaking out about it.

Bob Dole
04-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Fear. It was a cool idea, but I lost interest in it after awhile. Everything was staged too much. Plus, nothing ever happened. Just these kids hearing things and freaking out about it.

Exactly.

If Bob Dole wants to see people freak out and act like pussies, Bob Dole will just visit ChiefsPlanet.com.

Rain Man
04-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Did you spend time in that sanitarium, braincase?

Bob Dole
04-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Sanit<b>O</b>rium. Sanit<b>O</b>rium.

Braincase
04-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Only on visiting days when Brando's ex was properly medicated.

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Sanit<b>O</b>rium. Sanit<b>O</b>rium.

http://home.ccil.org/~rellis/santorum.gif

fan4ever
04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Death Tunnel!

From imdb.com...

Plot Summary for
Death Tunnel (2005)

I'll take a stab at it. Death Tunnel . . . what they call the Chief's tunnel when the defense is coming out of it before the game?

bloomer88
04-06-2005, 03:14 PM
For all you horror movie buffs, here's a cool website that's dedicated to upcoming horror movies.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/

ck_IN
04-06-2005, 03:23 PM
So this really is about a movie. From the title I was expecting some form of reference to our last 4 or so years under DV.

mcan
04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
I would expect any movie with "a handfull of college girls" in the synopsis to give me some boobies. Probably won't be all that scary.

KCWolfman
04-06-2005, 05:43 PM
From what I remember, it was a TB Hospital, not a traditional mental institution that the word "sanatorium" conjurs. Louisville had one of the worst TB rates in the country around 1900. Thousands of patients died there, many from horrible experiments to rid the disease

I remember seeing pics of people sitting in front of open windows covered in snow as the fresh air was supposed to cure them. They also talked about ballons being stuck in peoples lungs and being filled up to increase lung capacity. Ribs were removed to make more room for the lungs and even surgery to sometime deflate the lung temporarily hoping it would kick start the healing when reinflated.

The body chute rocked, but was removed before I got to see it. The chute was completely covered so patients wouldn't see how many people died every day, but it transported bodies from the hospital to the train tracks below.

I remember some guy bought it and wanted to demolish everything and build the largest statue of Jesus in the world. He was stopped by the courts as the hospital was a historic site. That is about the time my friends and I started hanging out at the site. He practically invited kids up to the place to tear it apart. He was hoping if it was a big enough eyesore, the city would eventually change it's mind and let him demolish.

There were many nights started at the Vogue Theater for a dollar show, then over to the train bridges for a few beers before heading to Waverly and try and scare the crap out of the girls.

I have no idea on the connection, but I do know the movie won't do the site justice.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
People:

All those movies out there that say they are "based on a true story" are frabricated so much for the movie, you would be dissapointed in the actual story. Sad but true.

Ultra Peanut
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
For all you horror movie buffs, here's a cool website that's dedicated to upcoming horror movies.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/Huh. That one doesn't quite make it onto my "Most Unexpected URLs" list.

headsnap
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
The body chute rocked, but was removed before I got to see it. The chute was completely covered so patients wouldn't see how many people died every day, but it transported bodies from the hospital to the train tracks below.IIRC, it's still thereI have no idea on the connection, but I do know the movie won't do the site justice.9vR song 'Disconnected' will be in the movie, and on the Soundtrack(Along with Marylin Manson and Joan Jett.) :)

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/9vr/01%20disconnected.mp3

headsnap
04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Headsnap?

that didn't take long. :thumb:

KCWolfman
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
IIRC, it's still there9vR song 'Disconnected' will be in the movie, and on the Soundtrack(Along with Marylin Manson and Joan Jett.) :)

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/9vr/01%20disconnected.mp3
Just the framework, the conveyors and belts and gears were all taken out long long ago.

Very cool work 'snap. We will be buying the soundtrack.