PDA

View Full Version : For Marlin Jackson pimps......

milkman
04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
....check out this mock draft.

http://www.ourlads.com/2005MockDraft.html

Pick Team Player Pos. School
1 San Francisco 49ers Aaron Rodgers QB California
2 Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
3 Cleveland Browns Shawne Merriman OLB-DE Maryland
4 Chicago Bears Mike Williams WR Southern California
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carnell Williams RB Auburn
6 Tennessee Titans Antrel Rolle CB Miami, Fla
7 Minnesota Vikings Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
8 Arizona Cardinals Cedric Benson RB Texas
9 Washington Redskins Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions Derrick Johnson LB Texas
11 Dallas Cowboys Demarcus Ware OLB-DE Troy
12 San Diego Chargers Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
13 Houston Texans Troy Williamson WR South Carolina
14 Carolina Panthers Alex Barron OT Florida State
15 Kansas City Chiefs Marlin Jackson CB Michigan
16 New Orleans Saints Marcus Spears DL Louisiana State
17 Cincinnati Bengals Heath Miller TE Virginia
18 Minnesota Vikings Thomas Davis SS Georgia
19 St. Louis Rams David Pollack DE Georgia
20 Dallas Cowboys Reggie Brown WR Georgia
21 Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Miller CB Clemson
22 Baltimore Ravens Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma
23 Seattle Seahawks Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee
24 Green Bay Packers Charlie Frye QB Akron
25 Denver Broncos Shaun Cody DE Southern California
26 New York Jets Adam Jones CB West Virginia
27 Atlanta Falcons Luis Castillo DT Northwestern
28 San Diego Chargers Matt Roth DE Iowa
29 Indianapolis Colts Barrett Ruud LB Nebraska
30 Pittsburgh Steelers Alex Smith TE Stanford
31 Philadelphia Eagles Roddy White WR Alabama-Birmingham
32 New England Patriots Odell Thurman LB Georgia

htismaqe
04-06-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd take Jackson, but I honestly think we could trade down to about 25 and still get him.

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Pac-Man falling to 26th? Wow.

milkman
04-06-2005, 11:50 AM
I agree, Parker.

I like the pick, but I think we can trade down to get him, and get a 2nd rounder in return.

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree.

I like the pick, but I think we can trade down to get him, and get a 2nd rounder in return.

We just gotta hope the match materializes.

Coogs
I agree, Parker.

I hate it when we get two threads going at once. I posted this on the other one thinking that was the thread we were going to use...

On draft day, maybe the best scenario would be for one of the QB's to drop to 15. Since we own half of Green Bays draft anyway, maybe a deal with GB to move down to 24 and their 51st, and give them back a later draft pick of theirs.

51 for Surtain
24 for Jackson
46 for Blackstock.

milkman
Pac-Man falling to 26th? Wow.

I've seen a couple of draft sites that have Pac Man falling because he's not as fast as some would like to see for a man his size.

milkman
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
I hate it when we get two threads going at once. I posted this on the other one thinking that was the thread we were going to use...

On draft day, maybe the best scenario would be for one of the QB's to drop to 15. Since we own half of Green Bays draft anyway, maybe a deal with GB to move down to 24 and their 51st, and give them back a later draft pick of theirs.

51 for Surtain
24 for Jackson
46 for Blackstock.

I'm still hoping that a receiver is sitting there that Philly would like to get to pair with TO, giving us the #31 and #35 pick.

CosmicPal
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM

51 for Surtain
24 for Jackson
46 for Blackstock.

Coogs- I like that.

And Sidewinder, I agree with you- I wouldn't mind having Jackson at all, it's just that I too think he can be had by dropping down as well.

Coogs
04-06-2005, 11:56 AM
But this draft doesn't have Smith even going in the 1st round, so who knows. :shrug:

ct
I love your picks coogs, IF we must give up that 2nd for Surtain. Otherwise stay at 15, take Rogers, who I do think will be there, then Blackstock.

ModSocks
I agree, Parker.

That and an after the draft signing of simmons coupled w/ the surtain trade would make a perfect offseason imo.

Coogs
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I love your picks coogs, IF we must give up that 2nd for Surtain. Otherwise stay at 15, take Rogers, who I do think will be there, then Blackstock.

If we don't have to give up the 2nd, great. Still make the trade, and we have another 2nd rounder to use.

milkman
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM

51 for Surtain
24 for Jackson
46 for Blackstock.

I also agree with you about the 2 threads.
I should have looked at the front page before I actually posted this.

Coach? posted his thread while I was getting this one copied, pasted and cleaned up.
Had I checked before I hit the submit button, I would have posted it to Coach's thread.

Sorry bout that.

Coogs
04-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I also agree with you about the 2 threads.
I should have looked at the front page before I actually posted this.

Coach? posted his thread while I was getting this one copied, pasted and cleaned up.
Had I checked before I hit the submit button, I would have posted it to Coach's thread.

Sorry bout that.

No big deal. At the time I typed my post, the other thread had 3 responses, and this one had none. I just thought the other one was going to be the one that took off. (Assuming this one takes off) :)

Coogs
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm still hoping that a receiver is sitting there that Philly would like to get to pair with TO, giving us the #31 and #35 pick.

:thumb:

Kyle401
04-06-2005, 01:13 PM
This mock would provide the perfect opportunity to trade up with Detroit to take Johnson. They have young LB's in which they have invested some high picks and would probably rather fill some more pressing needs.

philfree
04-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Pop Quiz: Marlin Jackson

By Dave Richard
NFL.com

Think the prospects heading for the NFL are done taking their exams? Think again! NFL.com has put together this standardized "quiz" for many of the players entering the 2005 NFL Draft. And while it's not the Wonderlic exam, it's certainly a good way to find out more about your favorite future NFL stars.

Full name and position: Marlin Tyrell Jackson, cornerback
Date and location of birth: June 30, 1983, Youngstown, Ohio
College and major: University of Michigan, general studies
1. What is the one thing you will miss the most about college?

Jackson: I'm going to miss my friends and my teammates. I don't know if I'll ever get as close with my teammates as I did in college.

2. What is your favorite night-before-the-game meal?

Jackson: Clam chowder with corn, lasagna and chicken. Finish with a little ice cream. That's what we always had.

3. Who is the toughest player you faced in college?

Jackson: I'd have to say my teammate Braylon Edwards, who I went up against in practice.

4. What other position do you wish you could play?

Jackson: I wish I could play linebacker. They're so close to the line and hitting. They're up close and personal, meeting the running backs right when they hit the hole.

5. Who were your idols as a child?

Jackson: I liked Deion Sanders and Michael Jordan a lot.

6. Whose throwback jersey do you most want (or already have) in your closet?

Jackson: I need to get the Deion Sanders Atlanta Falcons jersey. That's the one I want.

7. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Jackson: Probably just go to the movies or watch movies with my girlfriend. The last good movie I saw was Coach Carter.

8. Finish this sentence: The first thing I will buy after signing an NFL contract will be ...

Jackson: I'll probably buy my mother a house.

9. Name the most important thing you learned in college.

Jackson: How to be responsible and how to handle my responsibilities.

10. Pick one: Fame or fortune.

Jackson: Fortune.

Marlin Jackson loves doing things in threes.
11. Do you have any superstitions?

Jackson: Whenever I go through a door, I always tap it three times. I don't know where I got that from, I just started doing it one day. I always do something like that three times for good luck -- my jersey number is No. 3 and my favorite number is three.

12. Let's say you got to host NFL Total Access for one day. Who would your guests be?

Jackson: I'd have Michael Jordan and Deion Sanders. I'd have to ask Sanders how he honed his skills and became so good.

13. Which NFL stadium are you most looking forward to playing in?

Jackson: Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. They've got some crazy fans. I'd like to play there.
14. Name a question that you think would stump a fellow 2005 draft prospect.

Jackson: It's not a question, but have them explain the Pythagorean Theorem.

15. From Antrel Rolle's Pop Quiz: Who will be the highest cornerback ever drafted out of the University of Miami?

Jackson: (laughs) I guess I have to answer Antrel Rolle, don't I?

16. It's 100 years from now. How are people going to remember you?

Jackson: As a geniune guy, a guy that got his job done and cared about other people.
-----------------
I like Jackson as a prospect but I don't think the 15th pick is the place to pick him. I like Rogers at 15.

If we do indeed trade down Marlin would be a good pick.

PhilFree :arrow:

Coach
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I posted it on here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113667

Either way, seeing him play in the Big 10, he can deftinaly bring it.

CosmicPal
04-06-2005, 01:34 PM
13. Which NFL stadium are you most looking forward to playing in?

Jackson: Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. They've got some crazy fans. I'd like to play there.

Kewl. The boy has good tastes.

But, shouldn't he be saying, They've got some crazy little women there?