PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Riverra? Is he done?

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Either the Red Sox have his number, or the Premier closer is losing it. 2 blown save opportunities in 2 outings so far this year, its not looking good so far for the Yankees closer, lmao.

The RedSox lit him up in the ninth.

Will this be more of a problem for the Yanks than the lack of starting pitching last year? If Riveirra goes in the tank, will that offset the benefits of the Big unit firing on all cylinders?

I am already getting juiced, the Yankee fans actually bood Mariano. lmao.

What a bunch of spoiled putzes.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Mariano Riverra? Is he done?.

hope so ... any yankee pain is good pain

carlos3652
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
I am already getting juiced,

Join the club...Your banned for 10 games...

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Join the club...Your banned for 10 games...ROFL, I honestly didn't intend that pun, but it IS appropriate this year, isn't it?

RaiderH8r
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Only if there is a God...washed up.

tk13
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I just think the Red Sox have seen him too much the last 3 years. They aren't afraid of him at all.

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I just think the Red Sox have seen him too much the last 3 years. They aren't afraid of him at all.Fulke(sp?) isn't doing much fuggin better.

carlos3652
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I just think the Red Sox have seen him too much the last 3 years. They aren't afraid of him at all.

Yep, they might have to trade him to another team to get another "shutdown" closer...
Wait there is no such thing as "shutdown" anythings in sports...

tk13
04-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Fulke(sp?) isn't doing much fuggin better.
Well they play 19 times a year plus two 7 games series in the playoffs the last two years, and the first three games of this year. That's 55 games against each other since the start of the 2003 season. I'd guess the amount of total games each team has played in that span to be about 350-ish... so you're talking 1 out of every 7 baseball games they've each played being against each other.

Bootlegged
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Fugger, I drafted him in the 4th round in one league. He won't be closing anytime soon. :banghead:

carlos3652
04-06-2005, 02:35 PM
ROFL, I honestly didn't intend that pun, but it IS appropriate this year, isn't it?

Yea, I hate all this talk about steroids... its been around for 10 years and now they are talking about it... they shoulda taken care of it when it started.... and now we are worried that our geneartion's BB icons are in trouble...

Im sure the Babe didnt do any steroids, but im sure he was doing coke and drinking a sh** load in his time, yet he will be remebered as the best because someone found out that our icons used drugs...

Go Royals... (I think the whole team should take steroids, maybe we will win 80 games this year)

KCChiefsMan
04-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Wait there is no such thing as "shutdown" anythings in sports...

to hell there aren't....Gagne, the Big Unit are shutdown pitchers, they might be the only 2 but they exist. Ray Lewis will shut you down in football as well

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 02:39 PM
to hell there aren't....Gagne, the Big Unit are shutdown pitchers, they might be the only 2 but they exist. Ray Lewis will shut you down in football as wellThat bitch didn't shut the Chiefs down, we shut his loud mouthed ass down.

carlos3652
04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
to hell there aren't....Gagne, the Big Unit are shutdown pitchers, they might be the only 2 but they exist. Ray Lewis will shut you down in football as well

Gagne had a great run, but I think it will catch up to him, he will be the next Mariano Rivera, and the Big Unit is too old and has lost a touch on his pitches... 1 or 2 good years left...

Ray lewis was crap on MNF vs the Chiefs.... Im sure he was good the rest of the season but thats the only game I watched with them...

Amnorix
04-06-2005, 02:48 PM

Though he's still pretty damn good, Lewis is not what he was in '00-'02 anymore. And no ONE defensive player shuts down an offense anyway. Football ain't baseball.

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Though he's still pretty damn good, Lewis is not what he was in '00-'02 anymore. And no ONE defensive player shuts down an offense anyway. Football ain't baseball.Smartest damn thing you have ever said Amno. :p

NO SHIT.

Calcountry
04-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Indians just blew a 3 run lead in the 9th v the white sox. lmao.