PDA

View Full Version : Mocks updated.....

DTLB58
04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I like the review on this and the pick isn't bad either....

15. Kansas City Chiefs: David Pollack, DE, Georgia

Do you think they will go defense here? Last offseason the team re-signed all of their underachieving defenders, brought in a new defensive coordinator and thought things would get better but instead they actually got worse. What Kansas City needs to do is add the best defender available with this pick, regardless of position because in reality they could use help along the line, at linebacker and in the secondary. Pollack is one of the drafts most popular names right now and he could very well be gone by this point come draft day but if he is still on the board he would be a nice addition for the Chiefs. You would have a tough time finding a more productive pass rusher in college football the past few years than Pollack, who has been nothing short of prolific. While he doesn't have great size or speed he more than makes up for it with hard work, dedication and a motor that never stops. His determination and intangibles are what sets him apart from the crowd and with the way his stock is on the rise there figures to be a number of teams interested in him. Following the 2004 season the teams top priority was adding an impact cornerback but after missing out on all of their top targets in free agency (Samari Rolle, Fred Smoot, etc.) they may be stuck having to address the position early on in the draft, although they are still in the running for Ty Law. If they went cornerback here the pick would be Carlos Rogers. If the Chiefs go in any direction other than defense in the first few rounds fans just may riot.

DTLB58
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry, I forgot the link to the article http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

LiL stumppy
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Don't see it happening now.I wouldn't mind seeing DJ but I doubt that.If we get Surtain,I want a LB in the first.

Archie Bunker
04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Just say no to Pollack. :shake: The Chiefs all ready have 2 of him in Allen and Hall. If the Chiefs draft a DE I hope they draft Spears. He has the size to easily replace Hicks at the other end spot.

DTLB58
04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Just say no to Pollack. :shake: The Chiefs all ready have 2 of him in Allen and Hall. If the Chiefs draft a DE I hope they draft Spears. He has the size to easily replace Hicks at the other end spot.

Flip one of them to the other side.