PDA

View Full Version : Official Chiefsplanet Mock draft- Chiefs are up

whoman69
04-06-2005, 08:28 PM
The moment we have all been waiting for, the Chiefs are on the Clock. Please wait until I have the poll up to begin posting and not everyone at once. For an update on the draft goto Official Chiefsplanet Mock Draft (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2388828)

whoman69
04-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Somehow I don't think I will have to bump this one too often. Do I really need to go into team needs?

Bowser
That's tough. Carlos Rogers, or "Pac Man" Jones? Give me Pac Man.

milkman
I hope we trade down out of this pick, and take Marlin Jackson later in the first.

But because this is a poll, and we are selecting at 15, I chose Carlos Rogers.

milkman
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Somehow I don't think I will have to bump this one too often. Do I really need to go into team needs?

Are we getting lazy? :p

suds79
04-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I take it Antrel Rolle was taken earlier?

Hmm. Jones or Rogers....

I'll go with the Jim Thorpe award winner. Either one would be a fine pick though.

Bowser
04-06-2005, 08:36 PM

Apparently you do. I see no choice for General Manager in the first round. And you call this a mock draft..........

:D

suds79
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
FYI I keep seeing this in the serveral polls.

Adam Jones is from West Virginia.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Tough choice between Rogers, Jones, and Mark Clayton. I went with Rogers.

Hammock Parties
04-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Shawn Merriman, LB/DE, Maryland

LiL stumppy
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
If we get surtain,I pick channing chowder,we need help there too.

KCinNY
04-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Rogers - best corner available.

Nevertheless, I'd love to see the Chiefs find a way to trade up for Johnson.

royr17
04-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Give me Carlos Rogers, the guy is gonna be a very good CB IMHO.

philfree
04-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Rogers but if we get Surtain before then I might pick Thomas Davis to play WLB. LOt's of good prospects there.

PhilFree :arrow:

Frankie
04-06-2005, 08:59 PM
CARLOS ROGERS

Frankie
04-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Not at 15. I bet they can trade down and still get Clam Chowder later.

Frankie
04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I hope we trade down out of this pick, and take Marlin Jackson later in the first.
I could live with that. :hmmm:

philfree
04-06-2005, 09:14 PM

With Jones and Rogers both still available we might be able to trade down and still snag one of them. Hopefully it would be Rogers but I like Jackson too.

PhilFree:arrow:

whoman69
04-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Shawn Merriman, LB/DE, Maryland
Since he's already taken, that would be tough.

Rain Man
04-06-2005, 10:11 PM
What the - why is everyone voting for Rogers now instead of Jones? I swear, every time the wind changes...

philfree
04-06-2005, 10:14 PM
What the - why is everyone voting for Rogers now instead of Jones? I swear, every time the wind changes...

Because he's bigger and he has more experience having played through his Sr year of college.

Archie Bunker
04-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Heath Miller TE. :)

Seriously though I voted for Rodgers. The Chiefs need him with or without Surtain. I would be happy with Clayton, Crowder, or Davis though.

Not a big Pac Man fan at all seem too small(McCleon like). I would rather have Jackson, Miller, Webster, or Browner at CB.

Rain Man
04-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Because he's bigger and he has more experience having played through his Sr year of college.

I'm perplexed. Just recently, I've been seeing mocks that show Jones going 10 to 15 picks higher than Rogers. Has Jones plummeted in value recently?

Archie Bunker
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm perplexed. Just recently, I've been seeing mocks that show Jones going 10 to 15 picks higher than Rogers. Has Jones plummeted in value recently?

In some of more recent mocks he has fallen into the 20's. Lack of size and the pot rumors hurt him I believe.

philfree
04-06-2005, 10:37 PM
In some of more recent mocks he has fallen into the 20's. Lack of size and the pot rumors hurt him I believe.

Oh yeah there are rumors that he tinkled hot at the combine. FWIW I saw where Corey Webster finally worked out for the scouts and he ran a sub 4.5 40 and did well in the cone drills too. If by some miracle we get Surtain and end up with a 2nd round pick Webster might be a steal in the 2nd round if we don't go CB in the 1st round.

NJ Chief Fan
04-06-2005, 10:41 PM
the chiefs select wr michael clayton y? cause im confident we trade for surtain thats y...i really would be angry if we draft pac man i dont think hes good!

Archie Bunker
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah there are rumors that he tinkled hot at the combine. FWIW I saw where Corey Webster finally worked out for the scouts and he ran a sub 4.5 40 and did well in the cone drills too. If by some miracle we get Surtain and end up with a 2nd round pick Webster might be a steal in the 2nd round if we don't go CB in the 1st round.

Webster is going to be a steal for someone. Before his last year in college he was considered a Top 20 pick.

On the Webster Bandwagon. :thumb:

philfree
04-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Webster is going to be a steal for someone. Before his last year in college he was considered a Top 20 pick.

On the Webster Bandwagon. :thumb:

Any time a CB records 7 INTs in back to back years he is hard to discount. He had two INTs as a SR and he played with a bad wheel for most of the year. This draft is loaded with good CBs :thumb:

melbar
04-06-2005, 11:04 PM
I cant believe everyone is taking Rogers when Jones is available. Jones is the biggest ball hawk in the draft, he hits harder than Rogers ,has tremendous speed (Rogers is said to be slow), and he's even ranked higher than Rolle on a lot of boards. The only thing Rogers has on him is size. I think too many people have seen Rogers go to the Chiefs in drafts without looking 5-10 picks higher where Jones was selected.

philfree
04-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I cant believe everyone is taking Rogers when Jones is available. Jones is the biggest ball hawk in the draft, he hits harder than Rogers ,has tremendous speed (Rogers is said to be slow), and he's even ranked higher than Rolle on a lot of boards. The only thing Rogers has on him is size. I think too many people have seen Rogers go to the Chiefs in drafts without looking 5-10 picks higher where Jones was selected.

Rogers ran a 4.4 at the combine.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2005, 11:14 PM
If we get Surtain without losing our 2nd, please don't kill me - say we draft Mark Clayton at 15 and Corey Webster in the 2nd round and Dustin Colquitt in the 3rd round. That would be 3 solid players that could right away for us. 2 would be starters in Clayton and Colquitt. Webster nickel back.

Archie Bunker
04-06-2005, 11:19 PM

Jones is 5-9 and Rodgers speed is more than respectable as Philfree stated.

In a division with big receivers like Porter, Moss, Curry, Gabriel, McCardell, Smith, Lelie, etc. The last thing I want is a 5-9 CB. He better have a Spud Webb like vertical.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/cb/pacmanjones.html

patteeu
04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
No more midgets!

I assumed we would get Surtain or Law so I went with Khalif Barnes OT Washington, although I was tempted to go with David Pollack or even Thomas Davis. I hope that between Black and Sampson we don't feel the need to look at OT, but I'm not confident and I don't expect to get another chance to take the second best OT in the draft next year.

melbar
04-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Jones is 5-9 and Rodgers speed is more than respectable as Philfree stated.

In a division with big receivers like Porter, Moss, Curry, Gabriel, McCardell, Smith, Lelie, etc. The last thing I want is a 5-9 CB. He better have a Spud Webb like vertical.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/cb/pacmanjones.html
Jones is listed at 5-11 . Rogers is 6-0 . Not one scouting report I've read had Rogers above JOnes. He may have pulled off a 4.4 strait line at the Combine but he plays slow and makes up for it with athleticism.
COLLEGE AND PRO-NEWSWEEKLY:
"... an excellent man-to-man cover guy as long as he doesn't have to match up with the fastest wideouts...NOT blessed with blazing speed...dont look for him to become some monster blue chipper."
SPORTING NEWS:
"Has good-but not elite-speed"

on Adam Jones...
"..playmaker and ballhawkwith great speed. Love the way he plays, ESPESCIALLY HIS SPEED AND QUICKNESS."

SPORTING NEWS:
" Can cover quicker receivers on double movea ...Can turn nd run with speed recievers...Has speed and quickness to recover from mistakes...Quick and fast cover corner who is tough abainst the run..."
STREET AND SMITHS:
"Plays bigger and faster than he measures..shows recovery speed...kick and punt returner..."

sporting news has Rogers listed as #4 , and Street and Smiths has him #7.
Not saying I dont think he is good and could be a good pickup for us , Jones is just the better CB according to every expert out there.

philfree
04-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Scouts,inc have Jones at 5'9 1/2" Rogers at 6'3/8". They rank Jones #1 CB in the draft, then Rolle and next Rogers. In todays NFL I'll take Rogers over Jones. You won't hear me complain if we end up with any of those three.

el borracho
04-07-2005, 12:21 AM
If we get Surtain without losing our 2nd, please don't kill me - say we draft Mark Clayton at 15 and Corey Webster in the 2nd round and Dustin Colquitt in the 3rd round. That would be 3 solid players that could right away for us. 2 would be starters in Clayton and Colquitt. Webster nickel back.
Well, I voted for Rogers but, even if we don't get Surtain, Clayton and Webster (or Jackson or Browner or Green) is fine with me.

edit: I would also be ok with trading down in the first to grab a DE (Hicks replacement) and then getting a CB and LB. I guess I am all good as long as we draft at least one CB and get one of the following with the other day one pick: DE, LB, or WR.

Archie Bunker
04-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Jones is listed at 5-11 . Rogers is 6-0 . Not one scouting report I've read had Rogers above JOnes. He may have pulled off a 4.4 strait line at the Combine but he plays slow and makes up for it with athleticism.
"... an excellent man-to-man cover guy as long as he doesn't have to match up with the fastest wideouts...NOT blessed with blazing speed...dont look for him to become some monster blue chipper."
SPORTING NEWS:
"Has good-but not elite-speed"

on Adam Jones...
"..playmaker and ballhawkwith great speed. Love the way he plays, ESPESCIALLY HIS SPEED AND QUICKNESS."

SPORTING NEWS:
" Can cover quicker receivers on double movea ...Can turn nd run with speed recievers...Has speed and quickness to recover from mistakes...Quick and fast cover corner who is tough abainst the run..."
STREET AND SMITHS:
"Plays bigger and faster than he measures..shows recovery speed...kick and punt returner..."

sporting news has Rogers listed as #4 , and Street and Smiths has him #7.
Not saying I dont think he is good and could be a good pickup for us , Jones is just the better CB according to every expert out there.

Ourlads has Rodgers going 9th, Jackson going 15th, Miller going 21st, and PacMan going 26th and they also list him at 5-9.
http://www.ourlads.com/2005MockDraft.html

Espn- Jones 5-9 http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=9049

I will admit I might have watched 2 West Virgina games last year so I don't claim to be any sort of expert on Pac Man. He might make up for his lack of height in other ways.

I just think he don't think he is the best fit from what I have read but keep in mind I am usually wrong.

KC Margarita Man
04-07-2005, 05:38 AM
since Rogers seems to be the popular choice, we've all doomed him from being selected by the chiefs

KChiefs1
04-07-2005, 07:09 AM

Any chance that we can start a DJ on pot rumor? :hmmm:

Chiefnj
04-07-2005, 07:27 AM

LSU ran the 40 and drills on a rubber track giving the players a quicker time. His 4.5 should be adjusted upards a bit.

whoman69
04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Even if we get Surtain, I favor still picking a CB in round one. We need a new nickle back. Battle has not shown he can get it done, and if there's any sense in the front office, Bartee and McCleon get cut June 1.

Hoover
04-07-2005, 10:33 AM
C'mon you know it will be Keith Miller

htismaqe
04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Tough choice between Rogers, Jones, and Mark Clayton. I went with Rogers.

Too high for Clayton.

htismaqe
04-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Too high for Crowder.

whoman69
04-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Only 68 votes for the Chiefs?

Kyle401
04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Only 68 votes for the Chiefs?

Maybe people here would vote more if you made 6-8 threads instead of just 1. :shrug:

royr17
04-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I know i picked Rogers but i'd prefer the chiefs trade down in day one if they get surtain and pick up another 2nd take OLB Daryl Blackstock and get a corner and round 2, or CB Marlin Jackson in round 1 and OLB Kevin Burnett in round 2, just my opinion.

ChiefsOne
04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Heath Miller TE Virgini

Don't we alway draft a TE?

ChiefsOne
04-07-2005, 02:19 PM
If Gun has much say so they will pick Rogers. He likes the bigger players.

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I went with 'other' b/c there is no trade down option.

whoman69
04-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I went with 'other' b/c there is no trade down option.
Well genious, you tell me how to set up a trade scenario in this type draft

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Well genious, you tell me how to set up a trade scenario in this type draft

Geez, you asked for those who select 'other' to explain...didn't have to go all Joe Pesci on me!! :(

whoman69
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Geez, you asked for those who select 'other' to explain...didn't have to go all Joe Pesci on me!! :(
Ya think I'm funny. How am I funny!? Am I clown do I make you laugh!? How am I funny!?

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Ya think I'm funny. How am I funny!? Am I clown do I make you laugh!? How am I funny!?

Just don't pick up any ball point pens while you're at it!

Mr. Laz
04-07-2005, 05:25 PM

are you insane ... if we get marlin its because we trade up in the 2nd not down in the 1st.

if Rolle,Roger,jones are that at 15th then we take them

milkman
04-07-2005, 06:37 PM
are you insane ... if we get marlin its because we trade up in the 2nd not down in the 1st.

if Rolle,Roger,jones are that at 15th then we take them

I'm betting Jackson doesn't last until the 2nd round.

melbar
04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Ourlads has Rodgers going 9th, Jackson going 15th, Miller going 21st, and PacMan going 26th and they also list him at 5-9.
http://www.ourlads.com/2005MockDraft.html

Espn- Jones 5-9 http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=9049

I will admit I might have watched 2 West Virgina games last year so I don't claim to be any sort of expert on Pac Man. He might make up for his lack of height in other ways.

I just think he don't think he is the best fit from what I have read but keep in mind I am usually wrong.

Who the heck is ourlads? Dont get me wrong thats great that you found a draft that actually has Jones going that low , but I dont exactly consider Ourlads one of the top experts out there.I have seen Jones listed anywhere from 5-9 to 5-11 and I'm not claiming thats Ideal, but I'm tired of drafting "perfect" physical specimens at the expense of drafting football players. Jones also has a huge vertical , and times his jumps exceptionally well.He's a playmaker. Again, I'm not saying that I dont like Rogers as well, but not if Jones falls to us. Might as well just cut to the chase and draft Browner at 6-3 regardless of who's available by that reasoning.

PhogPhanTim
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Obviously my pick is self explanatory, but...

Gotta agree with the post above. We have plenty of physical specimens. Look at William Bartee. That's just what we need another of.

The PacMan Jones dirty urine rumors are bunk.

Rogers ran a 4.4? Jones ran a 4.38 ;-).

Jones is just as good in coverage, changes directions faster, and is much more physical.

No-brainer.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Jones is just as good in coverage, changes directions faster, and is much more physical.

No-brainer.
i disagree with the more physical part

i think the lack of physicality and tackling about Rogers is a myth

i'll take your word for the changes direction faster ... but it would make sense, smaller guys generally do.

Archie Bunker
04-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Who the heck is ourlads? Dont get me wrong thats great that you found a draft that actually has Jones going that low , but I dont exactly consider Ourlads one of the top experts out there.I have seen Jones listed anywhere from 5-9 to 5-11 and I'm not claiming thats Ideal, but I'm tired of drafting "perfect" physical specimens at the expense of drafting football players. Jones also has a huge vertical , and times his jumps exceptionally well.He's a playmaker. Again, I'm not saying that I dont like Rogers as well, but not if Jones falls to us. Might as well just cut to the chase and draft Browner at 6-3 regardless of who's available by that reasoning.

I believe Ourlads is a very trusted site and a few NFL teams use them. At least that is what their site says not that that means much I suppose.

http://www.ourlads.com/about.html

Who are the principal subscribers to Ourlads?

NFL clubs, executives, and scouts are numbered among Ourlads' clients, along with agents and media representatives. However, the main subscribers to Ourlads are fans, some of whom are striving to become knowledgeable about the draft and free agency, and others who are already very knowledgeable and wish to maintain an edge over the rest of the crowd. The common link is that both groups demand fair, impartial, high quality coverage. There is no shortage of draft coverage, particularly these days where it seems like all one needs to do is put up a website with a mock draft to claim to be an "expert." But there are very few who have a documented track history of providing thorough, unbiased, first-rate coverage. Ourlads is proud to count itself among this exclusive group, and is proud of its subscribers as well for recognizing the quality of Ourlads' publications.

Anyway I respect your opinion and if the Chiefs take him I hope you are right.

royr17
04-07-2005, 08:20 PM
With the 15th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select CB Carlos Rogers from Auburn ..........

old_geezer
04-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I tried to think like the Chiefs front office so I ended up voting for Heath Miller. I mean gosh, we can never have too many damned tight ends, can we? Now we can line up Tony G and Miller on one side and Wilson and Dunn on the other. Who needs WRs ? If that experiment doesn't work we can try them at safety.

Let's just say this old geezer has absolutely no confidence in the Chief's ability to conduct an intelligent draft.